Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR AE: Updates, screenies, and new info

Page: 2 of 2
 pascalneder009
06-23-2004, 6:23 AM
Hehe why didnt I saw those pics;)
 mgnails
06-23-2004, 6:52 AM
Hmmmm, maybe its because I made them while I was out of contact with you people. ;)
 Lorden Darkblade
06-23-2004, 1:41 PM
Very nice!!
I'm amazed so far!! Cant wait to see how the game will be when all is done.
Good luck with it, sounds like a lot of work to do.
 mgnails
06-23-2004, 5:23 PM
thanks, those sabers took alot of work to make so that their textures could be usedin 3ds max. I have a fewmore ofthose sabers somewhere which I will post when I find them.
 schalke042
06-26-2004, 12:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!!!!!!!!
 Darth_ToMeR
06-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by mgnails
A few questions for you all:

1.) Would it be worth it to model a curved lightsaber? Yes

2.) You will get a sith battlecruiser early ingame so is it worth it to change the ebon hawk to a better ship?Keep the Ebon Hawk

3.) This is the basic concept of the fps elements if you havent already heard it: You go into combat and have your usual 3 options(RPG style) But there is also afourth option you can choose while in combat. This changes the rounds to FPS mode at which you control your charcter instead of just watching him/her/it fight. Would that be a cool option to have? Or should we just keep it KOTOR plain and simple RPG style combat?
This is a RPG so keep RPG gameplay

4.) Should we add a jump button?
No

5.) Should the GUI's be different from what they are now?
No

6.) Is 9 planets, 2 stations and 3 ships just too much? (Dantooine, Coruscant, Kashyyyk, Mannan, Unknown World, Yavin IV, Hoth, Sleyheron, Ancient Kamino, Korriban, Ebon Hawk, Revans Ship, Sith Battlecruiser, Galaxy Forge, Dark Forge.)
Not too much

7.) Any name suggestions for the sith battlecruiser or should it just be the actual Leviathan?
I don't have name

8.) Is Querel-Kraal-Krean a jedi enough sounding name?
For who, PC, or NPC. For PC NO, For npc yes

9.) Was the name Kerc Tanizien already used in some other Star Wars thing?
Don't know, guess no.

Note: Kamino and Sleyheron are last minute add ons to the storyline and will be used for sidequests mainly.

Answers on Red.
 mgnails
06-26-2004, 1:01 PM
Querel-Kraal-Krean is an ancient jedi force spirit NPC that joins your party on Hoth. You play Revan.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
06-28-2004, 12:19 AM
well if you all don't mind i'd like to lend a helping hand all i can do at the moment is new items and some redoloring (which is pretty pathetic at the moment) just check my profile for contact info
 mgnails
06-28-2004, 1:15 AM
That would be great!
 JedI_XtRmIsT
06-28-2004, 1:28 AM
yea i'm currently read tuts for doing different things with photoshop so my retextureing skills are being improved slowly but they are hey mgnails did you add me too your Y! msngr as if so i'm online
 pascalneder009
06-28-2004, 9:37 AM
Our forums are down but don't worry about it it will be fixed!!
 pascalneder009
06-28-2004, 9:44 AM
YAY i would have hoped you would join us JedI_XtRmIsT ;)
 JedI_XtRmIsT
06-28-2004, 12:33 PM
hey pascal try to keep all of the AE oriented post in one thread because once the forum is back up then this thread will drop just put what ever u have to say in the one chemix posted just makes things simple

and why would u have hoped i would join your team??? i'm no great modder i just do what i can with what i know but any way i'm in now so...
 Ajunta Pall
06-28-2004, 1:07 PM
Hey, it's Pascalneder the Rancor! Or was it a Wampa?
 mgnails
06-28-2004, 3:37 PM
Pascalneder009 was a rancor vs Colja the terentanak I think.
 Doom_Dealer
06-28-2004, 5:30 PM
yup, your right, pascal was a rancor in the holowspire
 JedI_XtRmIsT
07-01-2004, 8:31 PM
ok since i just recently joined this endeavor to make a "new" kotor game can i have a list of members and could some one thats knows PM me a list of their msn or aim or y! (or what ever instant messanger they use) id's so i can get up to speed on the progress and plans for this project?
 pascalneder009
07-04-2004, 5:55 PM
well jedi_xtrmist i saw your work and it was great so thats why i hoped you would come with us;)
 Colma Adawin
07-04-2004, 6:01 PM
Join Mgnails and his team, you will

that goes to ANYONE who thinks they can assist in the POSSIBLE CREATION OF A GAME / MOD whatever.

hehe :D

MatCole
 Admiral Chemix
07-08-2004, 11:35 PM
It's been a while, but I've been stuck offline for 3 weeks, modem got fried in a thunderstorm FOR THE SECOND DANG TIME, and well it took a while to get a new one, so in the time I was gone I did a little work here and there, I did a crap load of modeling work, but the models done for this project are currently classified and the rest aren't for KOTOR

Mission's newER look
http://img42.exs.cx/img42/7048/missionscreenie3.jpg)
Even though T3 won't be a party member, he'll still be around and will be seen for a cupple of seconds so I decided to give him a new paint job
http://img42.exs.cx/img42/6663/T3screenie.jpg)
A dark jedi I whipped up for the heck of it, with sith tatoos and new sith robes
http://img46.exs.cx/img46/7006/darkjediscreenie.jpg)
HK-47 slight tweeking, barely noticeable, but better back ground
http://img44.exs.cx/img44/3148/HKscreenie2.jpg)
Jolee, again slight tweaks to the face and clothes
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/7892/joleescreenie.jpg)

sorry if this doesn't seem like all that much, but I've been doing other work in the past 3 weeks.
 pascalneder009
07-09-2004, 6:03 AM
Nice
 Admiral Chemix
07-09-2004, 7:48 AM
forgot one pic, sorry, this is some armor I just made for the heck of it, but it also shows off the new saber blade texture, I hope u like it
http://img46.exs.cx/img46/379/anceintarmorscreenie2.jpg)

also I appologize for the lack of quality in the images, the host seems to compress them to a much lower quality
 Colma Adawin
07-09-2004, 8:11 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Chemix
forgot one pic, sorry, this is some armor I just made for the heck of it, but it also shows off the new saber blade texture, I hope u like it
http://img46.exs.cx/img46/379/anceintarmorscreenie2.jpg)

also I appologize for the lack of quality in the images, the host seems to compress them to a much lower quality

Sweet!! i love the Lightsabre Re-Texture!!! :D:D (please PM me on how you did it, so your secret dont go public) :D that would ENHANCE so many Sabres :D

MattCole :D
 Mex
07-09-2004, 5:41 PM
Nice saber and skins Chemix! But I think you should keep the flap the same colour on Jolee's clothes. ;)
 TheSock
07-10-2004, 6:29 PM
Just so you know, the word is "ancient."
 mgnails
07-11-2004, 12:22 PM
We also have different versions of that saber texture. We have a blue and blood red color. But I am wondering if it would look better as an underwater saber or just a better looking saber as it does give the blade more of a saw like look.

And thanks for pointing out the problem with the logo. We just havent changed the typo yet. ;)

Also, some of the team is working on a new game and not a mod like AE. AE will still be made but we are also working on this new one. Its just in the planning stages and the engine is in the making so don't expect screenshots yet. I added some forums on ours for that. http://www.elementx.org/Forum). Its and RPG with FPS based combat because just watching your character do all of the work like in KotOR instead of actually controlling the character in combat like in an FPS is pretty boring if you ask me, even if it doesnt follow the rules. Yes it is a very large RPG and it will most probably be a mature rating due to blood, violence, swearing and stuff. We are going to try and give it realistic gameplay as in location based damage, dismemberment, and if your PC's arm is chopped off, its not a *poof it grows back* it will be more like you have to get a bionic implant. I hope the more real the better the gameplay is.
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 12:30 PM
If this "new game" you claim to be making is not a mod for kotor, pls take the discussion somewhere else.
Thanks.
 mgnails
07-11-2004, 1:04 PM
No discussion. just an announcment. I wasn't trying to start a discussion over it as this is the Kotor AE thread.

And lets just leave it at that ;)
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 1:48 PM
Originally posted by mgnails
No discussion. just an announcment.
That is exactly what we don't want to see here. Next time post it at spamming.com (http://spamming.com). If everyone starts making announcements about all sorts of things, then the forums will become very messy (btw, I have a lawn mower for sale, anyone interested? :rolleyes: )

And pls stop misleading newcomers by making representations about things you can't even do, kid.

End of comments.
 pascalneder009
07-11-2004, 2:22 PM
MGnails u forget to mention the game is called:

Kalibur's Revenge

Like the name Darth333?
 pascalneder009
07-11-2004, 2:24 PM
And Darth333,

www.spamming.com) is offline can u fix ur site?
 Colma Adawin
07-11-2004, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by pascalneder009
MGnails u forget to mention the game is called:

Kalibur's Revenge

Like the name Darth333?

okay i with you guys and everything but this has NOTHING to do with KotOR and its modder / mods, this should be elsewhere Kaliburs Revenge is in NO way connected to Kotor, and dont say i know nothing, BECOZ I CAME UP WITH THE NAME AND SOME OF THE IDEAS FOR THIS! Mgnails i'm sorry but i wish to leave your team. KotOR AE AND Kalibur's Revenge, sorry but i got other things to do

MattCole
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by pascalneder009
And Darth333,

www.spamming.com) is offline can u fix ur site?
Then I guess the domain name is free and is yours to take :D

*edit* no, I was wrong...the site is working...too bad for you guys:xp: Maybe you'll have better luck with spammingtheforums.com (http://spammingtheforums.com)
 mgnails
07-11-2004, 2:36 PM
ahhhhhh, hes just trying to annoy darth333. Its friendly spamming.

And lets not do any more of it as I would rather not have another kotor ae thread closed
 tk102
07-11-2004, 3:51 PM
Hey you guys are famous! KotOR: AE is getting publicity in other forums too!
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4439)
 TemporaryTomato
07-11-2004, 4:10 PM
Mgnails, sorry to say this, but I'm leaving the "Kaliburs Revenge" team.

Mainly because I have a lot of other stuff going on, but also because of some stuff I've read about AE(Both here and on the Obsidian boards).

Basically, you and your team(s) are trying to make something you can't.

Talking about making loads of money("fat paychecks") on your first game when you hardly know how to code...

Joining sounded like fun at first, but now it just feels stupid.

Sorry if this isn't related to AE, but I thought it was.
 pascalneder009
07-11-2004, 6:25 PM
It is but why do u have to piss mgnails off now ur leaving:mad:
 TemporaryTomato
07-12-2004, 1:09 AM
What?
I was simply stating WHY I am leaving... Not trying to piss anyone off.:confused:

I'll take back everything I've said once I see "Kaliburs Revenge" in the shops... Or maybe on the web.
Yeah, on the web will do.:)
 Darth Dex
07-13-2004, 8:54 AM
KotOR AE You should stop posting here because your ruining mods that might actaly be possible unlike yours and Galxy Forge, Dark Forge, and Star Forge, hahahahaha, sorry, but I mean what's next the Light Forge, oh oh, or maybe the netureal forge, or maybe the Rebulic Forge. The Sith Forge? The Imperial Forge? The Rebel Forge? The Ebon Hawk Forge? Just an idea, but you might want to just use one. OH OH, you should make the Holowan Forge! And the Jawa Forge, and the Lightsaber Forge. Uhhhh, sorry I got a little caried away there.
 Doom_Dealer
07-13-2004, 1:09 PM
OK this is too much, sorry but is this actually one long running joke?

i dont want to comment on this, because i dont know where to start, AE was too ambishus, this is rediculous. Ive refrained from flaming you as i respect the fact that you are sticking to your guns through all the critisicm, and im not going to flame you now but you obviously have taken nothing into consideration. I'll name 3 problems that you WILL face and i'd like to see your plan on how to get past them, and these are 3 of hundreds:

Cost of production/manufacture/distribution/advertisement etc. etc..............?
Engine Liscence?
Time?
 Darth Dex
07-13-2004, 5:54 PM
Not to metion copyright issues!
 Achilles
07-13-2004, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Hey you guys are famous! KotOR: AE is getting publicity in other forums too!
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4439)

HILARIOUS!!

Thanks for sharing that =)
 Doc Valentine
07-13-2004, 7:27 PM
Darth333 keeps calling them kids, how old are the people making AE.

PS: I'm not dead yet, I've got fight in me left sunny jim!

You stay classy holowan!
 Darth333
07-13-2004, 8:42 PM
There are people of all ages in there but a lot of people quit...for the reasons you've seen above: a lot of noise for things that are impossible. Anyways, It looks like we are all acting like kids here... I think we should stop here, lets not start another flame war. I believe this thread should be locked unless it comes back on topic: modding kotor (but I doubt it can: I think it has reached a point of no return) .
 T7nowhere
07-13-2004, 9:29 PM
I think this thread should be locked as well. It seems that the AE team have there own website and Forum. Which Will make this thread unnecessary.

The Topic of Holowan Labs Is Modding KotOR. This is the last KotOR:AE thread I want to see on this Forum until the mod is released. Discussion of this mod has become to much of an annoyance to many Holowan Users and Distracts from serious work being done by other users.

However if any of the AE team need help or would like to contribute to Holowan Feel free to do so.

THIS SUBJECT IS NOW TABOO. AE is dead on this Forum. :mob: :guard: :emperor: :guard: :lock:
Page: 2 of 2