Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA Dying?

Page: 2 of 3
 SpaceButler13
06-12-2004, 3:01 AM
And it is higher than Unreal Tournament 2004...
And Lucas Arts makes a quick little note to continue the quick cash-in's...........
 Prime
06-12-2004, 4:45 PM
Why not when people seem to like them...
 I am Jedi !
06-14-2004, 1:04 AM
i am pretty sure i posted in tis topic saying that Filth is a ****ing noob, did someone delete my post? i wanted him to know that
 Kurgan
06-15-2004, 9:34 PM
Trolling aside...

Looks like JA has dropped out of the top 10 with the next list (ending May 29th, same source):

1 City Of Heroes - NCsoft $46
2 Far Cry - Ubisoft $39
3 Battlefield Vietnam - Electronic Arts $36
4 Rise Of Nations - Microsoft $35
5 MS Age Of Mythology - Microsoft $33
6 Unreal Tournament 2004 - Atari $38
7 Call Of Duty - Activision $39
8 Counter Strike: Condition Zero - Vivendi Universal Publishing $35
9 The Sims Deluxe - Electronic Arts $27
10 Drop JC - eGames $10

Though it could pop up again I suppose.

I'm thinking the game will get a boost (if we don't have a JK4 by then) around the time of the Star Wars DVD releases (September), and then with Episode 3 (next Spring/Fall).

It's still the "only" dedicated server Jedi game out there, next to Jedi Outcast (and still will be even alongside Battlefront and Republic Commando).

PS: According to a quick scan of ASE, JA is beating out JK2 again. (490 servers 765 players for JA vs. 381 servers/524 players for JK2).

And while nWo's people are playing JK2 1.02 (152 of them), 356 are playing 1.04 (and only 16 playing 1.03). The majority of JA players are playing 1.01, all force powers enabled, all weapons enabled, with a mod (629 with mods vs. 136 with no mods) of some kind (admin mods, with some version of JA+ being the most popular). FFA (JA has 465 players here) is first in both games, Siege (102 players) is second in JA with Duel (78 players) a ways behind. CTF: 53 players, Team FFA: 38 players, PowerDuel: 29 players.

In JK2 it's FFA first with CTF a long ways behind (only 92 servers, vs. 366 for FFA) with Duel and then Team FFA trailing far behind. Only 5 playing JM, 1 playing Holocron, and 0 playing CTY.
 Wanderer
06-16-2004, 8:23 AM
After all it is still a very good game and won't totally vanish. I'm sure of that. Though I don't play it myself these days I have lots of good memories about JO and JA:D
 Wudan
06-16-2004, 10:31 AM
The next month or so should be exceptionally good for players - mods that shake things up are moving along - OJP , MovieBattles, ForceMod 3 and my as yet undisclosed mod.

With so many mods going forward, I have a hard time seeing how JA is dying ...
 Master William
06-16-2004, 2:55 PM
Exactly, I just started playing Movie Battles and now I'm back to JA, because I have to admit JA was getting dull.

Needless to say, I'm getting SW Battlefront ;).
 Obi_Kwiet
06-17-2004, 12:08 AM
It.s worth 20$. Not the 50$ I paied for it though...
 =tom=
06-17-2004, 7:22 PM
i did pay, Ђ44.95
and after 2 weeks i thought i was robbed
but since i got moviebattles mod its worth every cent
a shame the money go to LA and not to the makers of the mod :(
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-21-2004, 1:01 PM
If anyone wants to read a "facinating" debate between me and slider about the current state of Jedi Academy, you can find it here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/5808/c/) .
 FK | unnamed
06-21-2004, 7:42 PM
Hate to say we told you so... but we did and 99% of you refused to listen.

Amidala may not have the "***hole gene" ;) that some of us guys have, but I have to give her credit for holding out this long and trying to make things better for as long as she has.

The rest of you though... dismissed us as "arrogant" or "full of ourselves" but when we told you this "how dare you take the time to learn & play the game better than me, I'm going to ban your lamer ass" attitude started showing up on public servers, more of you people should have done something about it.

It all started back with the jk2 vulcan's admin mod and reached a boiling point with what was the AIDS in the blood of this community:

Jedi Academy mod for jk2.

You guys have been jumping on this slider guy for months now, but you are about a year and a 1/2 late on your crusade.

That chosen one jackass and his mod did more damage to this community than any other group of people or mod did.

When the dickhead-admin mentality started popping up, here came his mod to reward them with new "punishment" features in each version after version and of course the retards snatched it up like a crackhead does $5 rocks.

Yet almost none of you would speak up against him and what he was doing back then and the current state of things would not be as bad as they are if the rest of you would have spoken up like the competitive community did.

Sure some of you would say in general, "abusive admin mods are bad" but you never had the acorns to name names and put the spotlight on the people who were putting them out week after week.

But then again, it was just us being "elite pricks" for picking on the mod makers/admins/honor dorks right?

Oh sure chosen made his mod for JA and removes the punishment features because he "learned from the mistake he had made with those commands in jk2"...

right, anyone want to buy a bridge I'm selling?

The rest of you finally caught on to what we had been preaching from day one and put some heat on the guy as well as these other mod makers.

And guess what?

It worked like we told you it would.

Being "popular" with the general community is what mod makers thrive for. If they are praised and can say "I have the most popular mod in the series" you think they are going to change anything?

Bash them like the pricks that they are (for making a mod that they know harms the community, yet continue to put it out to feed their ego) and stop public support of their mod and watch how things change. Just like they did with our pal chosen one all of a sudden.

Sure there will always be guys who continue to pump out this grabage, but you people could have made a difference if you spoke up and acted long ago, you know back then when you were making fun of us for doing just that?

:rolleyes:

My point?

None really.
Post your little jpeg image replies, make your snide remarks, post your game spy server/player stats and try to prove me wrong, but in the end you know I'm right.

This community is dead and you have yourself to blame for it.
 TK-8252
06-21-2004, 8:32 PM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
If anyone wants to read a "facinating" debate between me and slider about the current state of Jedi Academy, you can find it here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/5808/c/) .

I think it's time to put the stick down, Ami. The horse is dead. :(
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-21-2004, 9:41 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
I think it's time to put the stick down, Ami. The horse is dead. :(
I know real FFA is dead, I was trying to explain that to poor dear Dark Fox and give him some alternatives (CTF, Siege, Movie Battles, UT2004) when a couple of slider's groupies showed up and told me to sit down and shut up. Well, you know how I am going to respond to that! :amidala:

I have already conceded that the honor weenies have won with their scorched-earth policy and the game is dying because of it. But those honor guys just won't get their heads out of the sand (or wherever else their heads are stuck) and see what destruction they have done.

These are some numbers from a Saturday night (June 19):

Call of Duty: 4701 servers, 7196 players

Unreal Tournament 2004: 3539 servers, 4119 players

Jedi Academy: 425 servers, 663 "players" (many are bots)

'nuff said.

But on a brighter note, FK| unnamed is back and Sanguis Fratrum has two servers that I have seen people playing on, so that is cool. I even saw mediablitz on one of my servers for a few minutes, that was amazing!

unnamed, go to www.firetrill.com/forums) and register there. They are mostly gun noobs but there is a saber ladder there that might interest you.
 Master William
06-21-2004, 10:05 PM
unnamed, the JA community isn't really dead, but I can understand how you can say that. Like Amidala proved, games that were released after JA easily outnumbered it by popularity. We can't blame it all on these abusive admins or the admin mods, I just don't think everyone wants to be a Jedi and swing a Lightsaber.

Besides, I think the Jedi Knight series aren't too well known compared to other games like Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament. You know how most First Person Shooters get well known instantly befored they're released.
 FK | unnamed
06-22-2004, 1:34 AM
well we are not really "back" in the normal sense.
most of the original SF (and later shock ~) guys are not playing full time.

we have all pretty much branched into other games but for old times sake, some of us decided to give jka another run in our spare time.

SF does have two servers up and you will see some old names on a few ladders here and there, but don't expect to see the monster game play we had in jk2 in our prime.

A lot of us (like myself) have not touched the game since it came out, but I'm sure in very short time we will be raging noobs across the servers just like the old days.

;)
 =X=Master HeX
06-22-2004, 9:27 AM
I'm doing my best on top of school and RL to crank out a new xmod to fix the ctf community. Newer version will have lift delay fixes, ammo bugfixes (oops), a full internal SQL server for stat logging, and some more stuff.

The SQL stat logging means things like recording match scores via internal database, top ten players, real ip logging with aka commands, and whatever else I can think of. I was having issues getting ja to accept something complex like a database but I'm passed that now.

Latest beta is always up at: (in the console type) connect cat5camp.com

Another side note:
You know what I find funny is I go away for a month or so and slider copies all features of xmod, throws a few emotes and saber hilts in and calls it a day... Now I understand why chosen got so upset with this kid.
 Ace-_Ventura
06-22-2004, 9:51 AM
i agree with unnamed, mods like vulcanos ruined the game. but not only that. remember jk2 before the release of jk2 1.04? i know lots of people that played jk2 1.03 and they don't play jka thanks to jk2 1.04. simple has that. my hope is that this won't happen in the next jedi knight game.
 Prime
06-22-2004, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by Master William
We can't blame it all on these abusive admins or the admin mods I think we pretty much can. :)
 Ace-_Ventura
06-22-2004, 7:20 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I think we pretty much can. :) agreed. the modders made what the majority of the players wanted.
 Master William
06-22-2004, 9:46 PM
I think we pretty much can. :)

Yeah, but not we can't blame it all on that. I don't think this game would have been as popular as say Unreal Tournament 2004 even if this honour code never excisted. I'm sure JO/JA would be more popular than now, but not enough to have like 2000 servers.

Not everyone wants to swing a Lightsaber with the Force, and as you've noticed most First Person Shooters become real famous even before they're released. I like JA, but the original part of it makes me sick. That's where all the wonderful mods come in, one of them being the great Movie Battles 2.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-23-2004, 1:12 AM
Yeah, but not we can't blame it all on that. I don't think this game would have been as popular as say Unreal Tournament 2004 even if this honour code never excisted. I'm sure JO/JA would be more popular than now, but not enough to have like 2000 servers.
It would have been nice if we had had a chance to find out, but now we'll never know what might have been....

Jedi Knight games have all of the things that other action games have (guns, different game types, scores) AND in addition had the ultimate, coolest melee weapon AND Force powers, which added a whole new dimension. AND it was based on one of the most beloved "universes" in the world, with all the colorful characters and locations. It had all the elements for true, lasting popularity, even without the type of add-ons that Half Life has.

But, it also had the Achilles heel of made-up, silly "honor" rules and the admin mods to brutally enforce them, thereby driving away both new and old players, instead of welcoming them. All because too many of them got SO upset that their virtual character was "killed" while they were typing something, or while they were foolishly standing around "unnarmed" when they should have been playing the game. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.

Not everyone wants to swing a Lightsaber with the Force...
Hmmmph, what's wrong with kids nowadays?!.....
 FK | unnamed
06-23-2004, 1:46 AM
could jk2/jka ever be as popular as die hard fps' like ut or q3?

No of course not, but not everything has to be based on sheer #'s.

But even being smaller, it could have still had a thriving player community for much longer than it did.

Look at tribes.

Old game, smaller than the giant player base games like counter-strike, but it has one of the best and most active community bases around.

The reason jk2/a "died" was simply this:

connecting to servers and playing (ie: killing other players) became looked upon almost along the lines of something like game hacking/aimbotting.

You pop down 39.99 for a game, fire up multiplayer for some action...

and see:

"You are banned from this server."

everytime you try and play online almost anywhere.

Why would people stick around in that atmosphere?

Even as bad as the abusive admin commands were, I still say the single worst thing to ever happen to this series was the /kickban command.

It made it too easy for 9 year old kids who were too stupid or not trustworthy enough for rcon, to just "make go bye-bye" anything and anyone who did not conform to their little play world.
 Rad Blackrose
06-23-2004, 4:46 AM
Originally posted by =X=Master HeX
Another side note:
You know what I find funny is I go away for a month or so and slider copies all features of xmod, throws a few emotes and saber hilts in and calls it a day... Now I understand why chosen got so upset with this kid.

Can we officially say that Slider is the JA eqivalent of BOFD or whatever the **** his name was?

You expected him to NOT touch your work? ****, I just won the pool.
 Khier
06-23-2004, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by FK | unnamed
A lot of us (like myself) have not touched the game since it came out, but I'm sure in very short time we will be raging noobs across the servers just like the old days.

Don't forget to record some demos.... those JK2 demos you guys posted here were some of the funniest moments I had ever gotten out of that game. ;)
 Kurgan
06-23-2004, 9:41 PM
The whole "Debate" (if you could call it one) really boils down to one question.

"Who do you blame for the (death of/ruination of/decline of/etc the community)?"

With the answer given either being:

A) Raven Software & LucasArts for creating and releasing Jedi Academy.

OR

B) "The Fans" who sent the community in a certain direction favoring the non-competative, role-player-lite, honor code obsessed, admin abuse, etc. atmosphere/attitude.

Then after the blame game, the "Solutions" being proposed were:

1) Make a new game that's better, since JA sucks. (this hasn't happened yet)

2) Make a mod, 'cause JA can be "fixed." (many people have done this)

3) Bitch & Moan until Raven/LA changes the game to what we want with patches. (the most popular choice by far)

4) Reject JA and go back to playing JK2.

5) Reject Star Wars and Jedi Knight and go play some other game entirely.

Since all this has been covered in excrutiating detail time and again with plenty of flames on all sides, I don't see the benefit in beating a dead horse...

The topic itself was basically a rant/vent that wasn't necessary, but there was no need to close it since it wasn't turning into a flame war. But shame on anyone who wishes simply to fight about something old like this just for the sake of fighting...

It really is a simple deal in the end. Either you like JA, you don't like it, or you kind of like it. There are definately more than a few people still playing JK2 and JA, and some that play both and plenty that play neither. It's enough that we can all get along, despite our differing tastes.

For me it's not about the game I like being the most popular game on the planet, or having the best graphics or most popular engine. I just like a game that's fun to play, moddable and one I can pickup and play anytime. There's a large number of "lamers" and bad admins out there, but as we've all said until we sound like broken records, every community has those, so they can't be eliminated (much as we'd love to). Since we can still find good servers, the fun can continue...
 TK-8252
06-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Jedi Academy does not suck for one reason alone: SIEGE.
 shukrallah
06-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Many people picked up JA just for Siege.

The stats are decent, thats still a good ammount of players in both games, but there are some questions:

How many are bots? How many of those servers are empty?
and the main one: How many are really playing the game?

Its great if 600 people are playing on 400 servers... Most servers are empty, I would think maybe 200 of those 400 are empty. And then, out of the 600 players, probably 350 are honor players. Then maybe 50 players in spectator mode (probably 1 per every 2 or 3 servers) And then maybe 75 bots. Thats 475 players that you dont want to play with (or cant, or wont), out of 600.

Of course all of that is just a guess....
 Ace-_Ventura
06-24-2004, 1:05 AM
Originally posted by =X=Master HeX

Another side note:
You know what I find funny is I go away for a month or so and slider copies all features of xmod, throws a few emotes and saber hilts in and calls it a day... Now I understand why chosen got so upset with this kid. well, you should be expecting this, hex, after all it happened the same in jk2.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-24-2004, 1:53 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Since we can still find good servers, the fun can continue...

The question is, how much longer will that be true? Months? Weeks? Half-Life 2 and DOOM 3 are coming very soon....

And what good are good servers if there are no more players?
 Master William
06-24-2004, 3:30 AM
Amidala's right. I play Movie Battles II, and everyone's just waiting for Battlefront to come out. Trust me, MBII will die as soon as Battlefront is released. It's basically a sort of replacement for Battlefront until it is released.

And the point of saying this is that this will most likely happen to all parts of the JA community, the guys who play with their honour-rules, the normal FFA players, Siege lovers, etc. In the end the new games replace parts of JA, though I don't think JA will die out completely. But the population is almost guaranteed to decrease.
 txa1265
06-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
It.s worth 20$. Not the 50$ I paied for it though... I look at it this way:
- I paid $50 for JA on day of release for PC
- I paid $50 more for the Mac version, ordering it when it came available.

I have no regrets whatsoever.

Why? Because the SP experience is - IMO - better than *any* other FPS put out last year. Yes - better than Halo, than Call of Duty, than Tron 2.0, etc. I consider the SP experience better than any except for KotOR.

As for MP, perhaps it is that I don't play much that I just don't get the hand-wringing and machinations about the 'deadnesss' or 'non-deadness of things ... can you find decent play? Then you have a 'live' game, if not, it is dead to you.

As for new games ... has Far Cry killed JA? No. Thief 3? No. DX:IW? No. Doom 3 will have the MP value of Painkiller. But HL2 ... well, the expectations run so high that I am hard pressed to see how it can succeed ... if there aren't 60,000 people on it, they'll say it is dead ...

Oh well, have fun fighting ... :rolleyes:

Mike
 Wudan
06-24-2004, 11:27 AM
I think that unnamed and Ami are right.

Mostly I agree with unnamed - we can't simply be driven by sheer numbers - more servers and more players doesn't really matter to me. What there should be is a list of known 'good' servers so that good players can play there. Maybe there already is one, I don't know.

Basically, I don't need thousands of servers brimming with players to enjoy the game. All I need is one server, with maybe 4-10 players, on either FFA, TFFA, or CTF (maybe even Seige!) to play.
 Mex
06-24-2004, 1:21 PM
Originally posted by txa1265

Why? Because the SP experience is - IMO - better than *any* other FPS put out last year. Yes - better than Halo, than Call of Duty, than Tron 2.0, etc.

Mike

So you think a crappy story with hardly any new player models and a bland story line is better than Halo and Call of Duty?

I mean, have you even played any of these games? It does not seem like it at all.
 Cercueil
06-24-2004, 2:18 PM
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 Prime
06-24-2004, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
I consider the SP experience better than any except for KotOR. The nice thing about the SP game is that it is never "dead" as long as you still enjoy it. :)

Originally posted by Pal™
with hardly any new player models But some of use don't require new player models for the game to be fun. ;)
 txa1265
06-24-2004, 3:20 PM
So you think a crappy story with hardly any new player models and a bland story line is better than Halo and Call of Duty?

I mean, have you even played any of these games? It does not seem like it at all. Yes, I have. I was in no rush, so I played them late last year and early this year.

CoD == MoH++, *NO* story (OK, WWII, but that is a scenario, not a story), some excellent sections but mainly on-rails linear, with just updated graphics. Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent game for what it is ... but don't pretend there is a story or development.

Halo was a two year old game when it hit PC, and it showed. Good game. But it seemed old compared with Tron and Elite Force 2. I was in agreement wiGameSpy's 'top 25 overrated' on this one.

Jedi Academy was not perfect. I think that the story was pretty decent, but they could handled some of the RPG-lite elements better. It was more of a 'side-quel' - not a sequel, not an expansion, but rather a new game based on the same technology.

I mean, look at the story from a different angle: The evil lord had been vanquished, but the Hero had spared the apprentice. Yet the apprentice, seeking dark power and vengeance, had discovered an ancient artifact, rumored to have been created by the Dark Overlord humself. The artifact allows the apprentice to draw dark powers to it, and to use it to empower and enslave minions to do her evil bidding. The old Hero has taken a new apprentice of his own, one with much promise, whose desitny lies upon the same road, but in direct conflict with, the dark apprentice.

Sounds like a good RPG to me ;)

Mike
 Obi_Kwiet
06-24-2004, 3:58 PM
The story was so predictable and pathetic.
Uhg. The missions were shorter than JO's too.
 Mex
06-24-2004, 4:57 PM
But some of use don't require new player models for the game to be fun. ;)

But when you buy a sequel you kinda expect new characters and exiting new graphics but JA failed to deliver any of that. Heck that didn't even check the multi player sounds so half of the characters say "Take that".
 txa1265
06-24-2004, 8:17 PM
But when you buy a sequel you kinda expect But that's the thing isn't it ...

A true sequel, more than 3 years later, Elite Force 2 had significant graphical improvements over Elite Force 1 based on the same engine ...

A true sequel, about 3 years later, NOLF2 had significant graphical improvements over NOLF1 based on the same engine ...

I call Jedi Academy a 'side-quel'. It was ~1.5 years later, was not a true sequel, nor an expansion pack. It *DID* have graphical improvements as well as achitectural improvements to the engine, in line with the time elapsed and the age of the engine (i.e. JKII already took advantage of a large Q3 engine knowledge base from games like EF).

Mike
 txa1265
06-24-2004, 8:20 PM
Heck that didn't even check the multi player sounds But, to paraphrase an old commercial ...

... when you say 'Hey You There' you've said it all ...

;)

Mike
 shukrallah
06-24-2004, 10:31 PM
with hardly any new player models

Ummm...

New Models

Jaden (HMale, HFemale, Rodian, Twi`lek, Zabrak, and Kel Dor)
Howler
RocketTrooper
Boba Fett
Rancor
Mutant Rancor
Sand creature.. thing...
Jet Pack Trooper
New Tavion
Alora
Alora 2
Rosh
Cultists
Cultist Commandos
Kothos (those dudes with Rosh in Vjun)
Jawas
Tusken Raiders
Noghri
Wampa
ragnos
Rax (the fat guy who caught Jaden)
SnowTroopers
Human Mercenaries
Assasin Droids
Saber Droids
Chewbacca
Hazard Troopers
Sabotuer
X-wing GLM
Tie-Fighter GLM
Tie-Bomber GLM
Shuttle GLM
Swoop GLM
Wedge

Total: 39 (Probably missed a few...)

Not to mention tons of new MD3 models.
And the new skins werent too bad either. I mean, look at Lannik Racto, they used the Jedi model, but his body looks really different (same face....) but still.

Old Models

Kyle
Luke
Jedi (reskinned a lot)
ATST
Jedi Trainer
Bartender
Stormtrooper
Imperials
Stormtrooper Commander
Imperial Workers
Interrigation Droids
Sentry Droids
Sentry Turrets
Training Droids (little balls)

Cant think of anymore...

Total: 14

Hope I didnt miscount somewhere... *shrugs*

Sadly they used the Jedi model over and over to make new skins. :-/
 _PerfectAgent_
06-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Sadly they used the Jedi model over and over to make new skins. :-/
That's because no one would buy the game if they used the Reborn model for the new skins. :p
 richard10101
06-25-2004, 4:02 PM
What a good game needs is realism. for instance, take JO patch 1.3, compare patch 1.3 to 1.4

we had lots of complaints about 1.4, thats because they patched too many things, namely the backslash whilst spinning. people prefered the 1.3 but a good thing was you could go back to 1.3 if you installed 1.4 (patch commander) thus you could fit into a realistic star wars fantasy environment or go to 1.4 where you behave etc.. lol

personaly, when i get the chance im buying JO again and will stick with patch 1.3 | damn shops dont got JO grrrr, only JA.

i have JA and i think it is a dieing community, i saw few servers when it came out, possibly because of bug, but since 1.0.1.0 i saw more, lots more servers but then this past 3 month, the server amounts has decreased by half. im only getting 1,500 servers give or take in all seeing eye, that included pinged out servers.

sounds like a lot but its not compared to what i used to see 3 months ago.
 Rad Blackrose
06-25-2004, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Khier Serakk
Don't forget to record some demos.... those JK2 demos you guys posted here were some of the funniest moments I had ever gotten out of that game. ;)

Oh, we will... We will.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-25-2004, 7:59 PM
Originally posted by richard10101

i have JA and i think it is a dieing community, i saw few servers when it came out, possibly because of bug, but since 1.0.1.0 i saw more, lots more servers but then this past 3 month, the server amounts has decreased by half. im only getting 1,500 servers give or take in all seeing eye, that included pinged out servers.

If you are getting 1500 servers in the All Seeing Eye, it's because it is showing you saved information from servers that are long dead and gone.

Go to Tools->Options->Misc, and check the box that says "don't save server info", refresh the list, and you'll see the current number of servers (464). Shows you how much it has dropped though.
 Master William
06-25-2004, 8:30 PM
You know, to be honest, my in-game JA browser displays more servers than All Seeing Eye. All Seeing Eye always says 'filtered out by modifiers', or something similar to that.

I discovered new MBII servers with the in game browser...
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-25-2004, 8:42 PM
You know, to be honest, my in-game JA browser displays more servers than All Seeing Eye. All Seeing Eye always says 'filtered out by modifiers', or something similar to that.

I discovered new MBII servers with the in game browser...

That's because you checked one or more boxes in the Modifiers section above Favorites (ping, country, mods, password, etc.). Uncheck all those boxes and you will see more servers than the ingame browser.
 Kurgan
06-25-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm beginning to agree with Amidala here (gee, imagine that!). If anything in JA is dying, it's the pure FFA community, not the game itself.

People who wish to continue playing as the developers intended are moving to other game modes, ones that are less conducive to the roleplayer lite/honor n00b/whiner people.
 shukrallah
06-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Kurgan NOOOO!!!!!!1

DONT GIVE UP HOPE, THAT LEADS TO THE HONOR SIDE! :(

It might pick up. Im completly convinced that the server bug in the beginning stopped the community from having at least double this size right now.

Kinda sucks, I was checking out some honor site once, and read the rules, it said something like this:

You can have FFA only if everyone on the server wants it. If not, even if its only one person, you cant FFA. You must respect the wishes of that one person.

My question: What about the 1 person who wants to FFA, why not respect his/her wishes?

I wish you could at least compromise with the honor guys. One time I was on a server, not laming sort of thinking about laming, although I knew I would get banned/kicked... something. I mentioned about how laming was funner than this kind of 'play' and said maybe we should try it out. They got mad and kicked me :-/ It was like the 'dark side' they would never turn to it, or at least try it out (not saying the dark side is good... lol)

If you are getting 1500 servers in the All Seeing Eye, it's because it is showing you saved information from servers that are long dead and gone.

Oh, thats what it was :-) heh, oh well, I uninstalled ASE a while back. I was wondering why a lot of dead servers were still on the list. Although sometimes the in game browser found servers not on ASE, and the same way around, ASE found servers not on the in game browser list.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
06-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
If anything in JA is dying, it's the pure FFA community...

*Bones passes his medical tricorder over the charred, dismembered corpse, and looks up*

"He's dead, Jim"

You have Siege, I have CTF. I just started a new server to beta test xmod 2.7 beta: Chop Shop INCREASED GUN DAMAGE CTF. It will be open to the public tomorrow, but if you can't wait to try out the enhanced weapons, search the CTF servers by name. The password is "ctfpug". If you decide to go, download the xmod 2.0 client first
http://xmod2.cat5camp.com/downloads/xmod2-client-2.0.zip)
and you will see a cool new scoreboard. xmod 2.7 has an internal SQL database that gives real-time stats for flag captures, returns, kills, deaths, etc.
Page: 2 of 3