Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bastila's romance w/ a female character

Page: 1 of 1
 numark79
05-22-2004, 7:14 AM
Sup, I remember reading a LONG time ago, that people were trying to get the Bastila romance to trigger while playing as a female character. Did this ever happen? If so, is there any place I can dl it from? If not, could someone post a quick tutorial on how to do it? =)

peace
 lord_blodgett
05-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Yes it was done, but since I'm at work, I don't have the scripts here to post. If no one beats me to it, post them as soon as I get home. :rolleyes:
 Darth333
05-22-2004, 10:40 AM
You can use TK102's KSE (Kotor Savegame Editor) to change your pc gender - you can also play both. Download it here: http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/kotor/kse.zip)
 numark79
05-23-2004, 2:18 AM
Originally posted by lord_blodgett
Yes it was done, but since I'm at work, I don't have the scripts here to post. If no one beats me to it, post them as soon as I get home. :rolleyes:

cool man, i look forward to it!

peace
 lord_blodgett
05-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Sorry to take so long, I had some work to do on my old-school Dark Sun campaign for the weekend. Then my web server wouldn't let me in. :confused:

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be helpful. Here's the d/l link.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3vjqb/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/FemRomance.zip)

This will let any female character start the romance with Bastilla, Juhani and Carth, as well as allow any to start the romance with Bastilla and Juhani.

Sorry, No male - Carth romance (not my thing), but with Fred Tetra's Kotor Tool you should easily see what I did and be able to make it happen.

These have been tested with most of the mods out there and shouldn't interfere. The only problem I've encountered is a slight loss in the way of NPC reactions. They tend to see you as the "wrong" gender. For example, the female sith soldier on Tarsis won't ask you to the party as you are not her type.

Enjoy. :cool:
 *Atris*
05-26-2004, 12:20 PM
let any female character start the romance with Bastilla, Juhani and Carth, as well as allow any to start the romance with Bastilla and Juhani.

Enjoy. :cool: [/B]

theres a romance between juhani and bastilla?
 lord_blodgett
05-26-2004, 12:32 PM
There's a small romantic interlude between a female pc and Juhani. A great deal has been read into it. It is not as developed as either the Carth or Bastilla romances, but it is there.
 numark79
05-26-2004, 6:29 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
You can use TK102's KSE (Kotor Savegame Editor) to change your pc gender - you can also play both. Download it here: http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/kotor/kse.zip)

coocoo, if it's not too much trouble, would someone mind posting the exact stuff you have to alter in the savegame editor to get the Bastila romance to work w/ a female character? I'm looking at it right now and I'm completely lost, =\

I'm hoping to try it this way because I've tried using the modded .NCS files to do it and it keeps freezing up my game, specifically after you win the swoop race on Taris but before you fight Brejik, and also I can't do the dueling ring on Taris either. I'll be in the ring, but Deadeye Duncan is holding his side and he is blue, he's not being identified by my character as an enemy. I suppose I could just add/remove the .ncs files when needed, but hopefully if the savegame editor technique works better then I'd rather do that.

peace
 tk102
05-26-2004, 6:43 PM
Is it really that confusing? :confused: :confused:

The pane on the left are your savegames. You click on something there and it either opens up stuff below it, or it provides you a means to edit it on the right side.

Open up a savegame. Set Gender to Female. Click Apply. Click Commit Changes.
 JackJJackal
05-26-2004, 6:59 PM
Originally posted by Darth333

WOW....Imagine that. being a shemale in Star Wars! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!!!!! Sorry that concept struck me as hillarious!
 lord_blodgett
05-26-2004, 8:07 PM
Ok, here's a tutorial on setting up the female romance (going to be a long post, so get some coffee :rolleyes: )

All files should be created with an ASCII text editor like Notepad in your override folder or some where that you can find it, for example in a folder called Kotor Work. Don't include the quotes.

Create a text file called "k_con_flirt.nss"

Put the following lines in it:

//:: k_con_flirt
/*
checks to see if npc and pc are of the opposite sex and the pc's
charisma is normal or better
*/
//:: Created By: Jason Booth
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.

#include "k_inc_debug"

int StartingConditional()
{
if(GetAbilityScore(GetPCSpeaker(),ABILITY_CHARISMA ) >= 10)
{
return TRUE;
}
return FALSE;
}

Next create another text file called "k_con_flirtno.nss"

//:: k_con_flirtno
/*
checks if pc charisma is low or pc and npc are same sex
*/

#include "k_inc_debug"

{
if(GetAbilityScore(GetPCSpeaker(),ABILITY_CHARISMA ) < 10)
{
return TRUE;
}
return FALSE;
}

Next create a text file called "k_con_isfemale.nss" (if looking for male relationships use this as your base, I believe the male version is "k_con_ismale.nss", but don't quote me)

//:: k_con_isfemale
/*
checks to see if pc is female
*/

#include "k_inc_debug"

{
return TRUE;
}

The last text file is "k_hjuh_p17.nss"

void main()
{
SetGlobalBoolean("T_JUHANIROM", TRUE);
}

Finally, download a compiler such as the one here http://www.megamods.de/_data/parts/dl.php?file=37)

Compile and enjoy.
 numark79
05-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Is it really that confusing? :confused: :confused:

lol, in my noob-ness I just realized that I was looking at the save files w/ Tetra's KotOR tool, instead of your save editor tool, heheh

:p

peace
 Redwing
07-12-2004, 3:38 PM
There's a small romantic interlude between a female pc and Juhani. A great deal has been read into it. It is not as developed as either the Carth or Bastilla romances, but it is there.

You mean as in, you flirt, and she rejects you? (Yes, I tried it :D)

I want a Carth/PC Guy romance too, dammit. Equal opportunity! :D (and why can't we flirt with Canderous? Either gender, I mean! :p)
 Hybris
07-26-2004, 3:23 AM
HI
 CDRSeadog
07-26-2004, 11:51 AM
I am most curious - for who's "same gender romance mod" was the Star Forge Romance patch written for...lord_blodgett's "FemRomance" mod? Gameunlimited's "Romance" mod? Or Hoa Bin's "Romancemod"?

(I had thought it was for Hoa Binh's mod - but now I am not so sure)!!
 lord_blodgett
07-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
You mean as in, you flirt, and she rejects you? (Yes, I tried it :D)

I want a Carth/PC Guy romance too, dammit. Equal opportunity! :D (and why can't we flirt with Canderous? Either gender, I mean! :p)

Wow, I had forgotten this thread.

If you play as a female and listen to and encourage Juhani, when you reject Bastilla's offer at the top of the temple on the Unnamed World, you and she talk about how she loves you. One of you says something like "now is not the time to discuss your feelings, but we'll deal with them later."

The belief from many is that Revan settled down with Juhani and lived happily ever after.
Page: 1 of 1