Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

If you could have one jedi power, what would it be?

Page: 1 of 3
 kipperthefrog
05-04-2004, 9:18 PM
I would pick the jedi mind trick myself! imagine a cop pulling you overat this scenario!

cop: "may i see your liscence?"

you: "you don't need to see my liscense!"

cop: "i dont need to see your liscense!"

you "this is NOT the stolen car your looking for!"

cop "this is NOT the stolen car we're looking for!"

you "I may go about my business selling crack cocaine"

cop: "you may go about your business selling crack cocaine!"

you: "move along"

cop: "move along"

what jedi powers would YOU want?
 Deeo
05-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Ahah. Kipper, you pretty much just summed up the whole reason why I or for that matter, anybody else would want the Jedi Mind Trick.

Most powerful Force power IMHO. What power could possibly be more devastating than the ability to "control" (notice the quotations) one's mind?
 kipperthefrog
05-05-2004, 9:22 AM
what would YOU use the jedi power for?
 Sivy
05-05-2004, 10:40 AM
i guess Jedi Mind Trick is the obvious choice, although it would also be fun to fry people with lightning. then again with mind trick you could just get the person to shove a screwdriver into a power outlet.
the telekinetic powers would be handy too, for when you drop the remote or something... mind you with jedi you could just get people to pass things to you...

so yeah, has to be jedi mind trick.
 El Sitherino
05-05-2004, 12:14 PM
force pull. use it to pull-throw stuff around.
 Deeo
05-05-2004, 3:28 PM
With Mind Trick you can just trick billionaries into giving you all there money, trick people to not drive so the roads are always free, trick dealerships to give you their fastest and most expensive sports cars or luxury cars, trick rich folks into giving up their mansions...

Literally infinite possibilities with jedi mind trick. Who the hell would want Jedi Pull-Throw? Just mind trick a person to pull something or throw something for you! It would be paradise, I tell ya! PARADISE!
 kipperthefrog
05-05-2004, 9:40 PM
Althogh the jedi mind trick does have a weak spot! it only works on the weak minded! maybie if you tried to use it on a cop, and it does not work, you could get arrested.
dispite this weakness, id still go with jedi mind trick, for it is ONLY the weak minded that needs persuading! maybie some people are better off with telekinesis. i dont know! here are some other known jedi powers!

mind trick
force deflect- use a sword to knock back bulletts
telekinisis- force pull, push, saber control, force throw
lightning
grip- force choke
vanish- invisibility power from some star wars games
force heal - found in some game! usefull if your sick or hurt!
force speed- gets work done FAST!
 Deeo
05-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Well, if you think about wouldn't every single modern human being be considered weak minded? I think by weak-minded they meant everyday denizens of the universe with a few exceptions such as Jabba.

Take the Stormtrooper for example. Your equilavent of a cop. Easily persuaded. Like I said the possibilities are literally endless with Mind Trick.
 kipperthefrog
05-06-2004, 7:42 AM
I guess your right. there are LOTS of weak mined people! for example, my boss is a complete idiot! i work at the goodwill store. i empty the donations drop boxes. once there was THREE drop boxes and it used to take me two hours to empy them and bring in all the donated clothes and stuff!

later on, the goodwill company added three more drop boxes to our store, now i have to empty a total number of SIX drop boxes a day! my boss yells at me because it now takes me twice as long to do them! the MORE i have to do, the longer it will take me! she can't figure that out? how dumb is that?

I dont deny your statement! STOOPID people everywhere! Jedi mind trick will help you rule the world!
 MasterN64
05-06-2004, 8:57 AM
Well if EVERYONE chose a power, most of them would be mind trick. So Absorb would come in handy.
 Deeo
05-06-2004, 8:37 PM
Haha. That's pretty sneaky except... there is no real point to absorb. You can't use anything else. Besides, I'd just mind trick somebody or an entire group of people to kill you. :D
 dark jedi 8
05-10-2004, 3:35 PM
i'd have to go with mind trick as well. endless posabilities. unless the planet was controlled by hutts, toydarians (watto's species), and jedi. except for them, the mind trick has effect on everyone.:D
 S1ave One
05-11-2004, 4:33 PM
Mind Tricks always work on the weak minded.I would like electricity power,like yoda,dooku, and siduious.
 MasterN64
05-12-2004, 6:59 AM
Originally posted by Deeo
Haha. That's pretty sneaky except... there is no real point to absorb. You can't use anything else. Besides, I'd just mind trick somebody or an entire group of people to kill you. :D

Well, thats where a good 'ol lightsaber would come in handy. Besides, Mind Tricks only work on the weak minded (as someone else said)
 Darth Logande
05-12-2004, 4:26 PM
Definitely the Jedi Mind Trick. Then I could get paid for doing nothing but speaking to people!
 FiEND_138
05-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Lightning to be different... & it would ROCK!!!! :lightning
 Sead the Darkes
05-14-2004, 7:47 AM
I think that Jedi Mind Trick is the best power ever but personally i will take a choke power.:fett: [COLOR=orangered]
 Johch Ai'oki
05-14-2004, 9:16 PM
Using the force to grip people is naturally the same force to move items away or towards you. In gaming terms, Force Grip, Force Pull (in a way), and all other force-related powers that make items move, are basically the normal usage of the force we see. I'd take it probably, but like all the others, I'd like to use Mind Trick. And I'd abuse it I would admit. I'd probably fall to the Dark Side of the Force and get shot while trying to slice a person to pieces or something if I was force-sensitive. :)
 Darth-Bane
05-16-2004, 4:18 PM
1st would be mind trick
second, lightning
 sith_master2000
05-16-2004, 8:45 PM
I'd take grip! The ability to stangle people from far distances is mind boggling :D:D:D !
 Johch Ai'oki
05-21-2004, 9:00 PM
I think I've made up my mind at which "Force Power" I want if I could have such. It's Telekenesis. Mainly in gaming terms, it's Force Push (I'm beginning to doubt Push, it seems more like a "blast wave" to me now, so scratch that out), Pull, Grip, "Lightsaber Throw" (I.E. JK2/3), I dunno about jump... But all of it in SW's reality would be essentially the same as you're "holding" something, no matter what pressure you apply to it. Hold someone's neck and squeeze it with the force! Hold a box and make it come to you! Or away from you. I'm not sure about Force Jump. Maybe "hold yourself and make yourself temporary fly"? I'm not sure how the Force would work by jumping enormous heights or something, but I'm kind-of doubting it to be part of my Telekenesis "theory" that ties-up a few Force Powers.

My reasoning: What if someone you don't like is around? What if you're threatened by a gun? Simple! Use the force to grab that gun or person and pull it/them to you or remove the gun from their hands or something, or "grab 'em and throw 'em away" or something. You don't even need to "gesture" with the force, make 'em think it's not you by simply using your mind, like Vader or Dooku when they used the force like such (Watch Clone Wars, Chapter/Episode 7 for Dooku reference, and Star Wars: Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes back for Vader reference). You don't necessarily need to kill 'em or injure them. Ruin their day without letting 'em know it's you who ruined their day! What if your neighbor's annoying you? Go in your house, sense the force around the Car, and manipulate it with Telekenesis, sort of in a "Magneto-ish" way maybe, like making them rise into the air, flip 'em and let 'em drop and be squished by themselves from the impact! Or maybe lift them up and make 'em scared by making 'em fly wildly and making 'em think they'll hit something, and at the last second make 'em stop and put 'em safely on the ground, giving them quite a scare, making their eyes wide as dinner plates can be!
 joesdomain
05-23-2004, 4:01 AM
I would choose Jedi Mind Trick.
 Lord Siraious
05-25-2004, 1:46 AM
My choice is Force Foresight, I'd love to be able to forsee the future. That way I could do a Yoda or pull a Sidious/Palpatine. :D

Ah who needs the Mind Trick when your strong willed and know what will happen :D plus you would never be influenced by the Mind Trick if you have Foresight as you would know someone will try it so you wouldn't allow them.
 guybroom
06-03-2004, 1:47 PM
I would pick mind trick.

Mianly, because in the long run you could get all of the force powers.

This might not work, so feel free to insult me (just a bit, and only about this reply).

First of all, get force mind trick.

Then you practice and practice a whole lot, so that even the strong minded people are affected. (Just bare with me before you start with that insulting).

Then go up to Kipperthefrog as he started this thread and is therefore handing out the powers.

When talking to Kipper say in mind trick fasion:

"you don't want to give me just one force power"

And he says: (I'm gussing Kipper's a guy)

"I don't want to just give you one force power"

Me:

"You want to give me all the force powers"

Kip:

"I want to give you all the force powers"

Me:

"You also want to go to some random person in the street and say Guybroom is master of the universe"

Kip:

"I want to tell some random person Guybroom is master of the universe"

And HEY PRESTO you are jam packed full of force powers
 Drog
06-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Force stun would be the choice of mine , instead of mind tricking people , just stun them and make em paralyzed for an hour :D
 guybroom
06-29-2004, 3:31 PM
No Drog. You don't want force stun. You don't want any force powers. You want to go to some random person in the street and say Guybroom is master of the universe. Then you want to jump off the top of a cliff (preferably high)

Sorry if I offended you,m I couldn't resist my self now that I have mind trick
 joesdomain
07-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I would pick lots of them! LOL! Jedi Mind Trick, Force pull, force push, force choke, etc. Also force jump!
 Pontus90
07-28-2004, 1:45 PM
Well didnt see anyone take this force so i have to say Heal or.drain think if u got hurt or something u can just heal:D
 WildStorm69AX
08-18-2004, 10:00 PM
It would be Force Lightning-Emperor style. Why? Because I enjoy a good lightshow. :D
 Achilles
08-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by WildStorm69AX
It would be Force Lightning-Emperor style. Why? Because I enjoy a good lightshow. :D
LS: Stasis Field
DS: Force Crush
 RedHawke
08-20-2004, 7:33 AM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog
what jedi powers would YOU want?

Uh... all of them of course, Lightside and Darkside! :D

If I could only have one then it would have to be Telekinesis... Why?

Straight to Vegas for some Roulette and Craps Baby! Yeah! :D
 Darth Dex
08-20-2004, 9:54 PM
Force Choke, no question, man. Some mugger, comes, up to you and yo leave hime dead, on the floor, or your boss.....;)
 Liin Fess
08-28-2004, 6:47 PM
I think.... hmmm maybe mind trick... it would be great
 Darth Dex
09-05-2004, 4:40 PM
You shall not double post again *force choke*
 Furball
09-10-2004, 5:48 PM
Mind trick without a doubt.
go into a bank
me "you will give me a million pounds"
banker "I will give you a million pounds"
 ~NightShadow~
09-10-2004, 6:04 PM
Force lightning, because I like the emperor so much,and it looks painful for the enemy.... :p
 Andy867
09-24-2004, 10:32 PM
For me, being a fan of the Jedi Knight series, especially JO and Jedi Academy, I would have to say

/setforceall 5

lol

For me, I couldnt just have ONE power. I would want the telekenesis(change channel remotely myself, mind trick (naughty things) , but also like force grip to mess with people but not hurt them.:)
 Kurgan
09-24-2004, 10:52 PM
I would use Force levitation to allow myself to fly. ; )

However, I always figured if I somehow was granted Force powers the government(s) and military would be after me to get the "secret."

Mind Trick would be great to get your way more often, but telekinesis is pretty darn awesome.
 Andy867
09-25-2004, 6:17 AM
Thats only if you LET them come after you. You could compromise the minds of the commanders:) With a strong enough influence, you could control them, like in JKA:)
 Aleggy
09-25-2004, 12:47 PM
i think i would go for the mind trick to, there are at least 3 instances when i would use it 1) if i was speeding but someone has already mentioned something similar
2)if i was being mugged
[you dont want to mug me]

[you want to go home and rethink yourlife]

3) at work or job interview
[you want to give me a pay rise]

[and you want to give me a promotion]

[i am a hard worker and you want to empoy me]
 Autobot Traitor
09-30-2004, 3:12 PM
I wouldn't mind force speed for bursting thru the ladie's locker room....but that's just me:p
 *Yoinked*
10-05-2004, 7:47 AM
I would personnaly choose mind trick because of the fact that you can just walk up to the girl of your dreams and say
(You want to f**k me all day long)
(I want to f**k you all day long)
(You want to marry me)
(I want to marry you)
:dev14: :devsmoke:
You can't lose!!

MUHUHUHUHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
 primalunderdog
10-09-2004, 5:56 AM
I would have to go with telkinisis,because you ever have to scratch your nuts or anus in puplic but can't.LOL Plus it would be cool to never have to get up when you are all comfortable on the couch and you want to get the remote across the room.

:lightning
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 8:12 AM
force lightning is the solutino to everything, yo ucan do anything with it... nothing is out of question when you have forc lightning
 TheOutrider
10-17-2004, 8:00 PM
Heal because I could save Lives

Lightning I could rob the lives I save
 Kasabian
10-19-2004, 3:57 AM
Force 'Telekinesis', which is basically made up of Push, Pull, etc. in the Jedi Knight games. Who needs to influence people by pussy-footing around with Mind Trick? Why not just hang them over a cliff so you can have your way? :p
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-19-2004, 6:32 AM
Originally posted by Kasabian
Force 'Telekinesis', which is basically made up of Push, Pull, etc. in the Jedi Knight games. Who needs to influence people by pussy-footing around with Mind Trick? Why not just hang them over a cliff so you can have your way? :p

because you can zap them with a little bit of shock to tick em off first:-D, and with mind trick, you can persuade them to walk of the cliff
 *Yoinked*
10-19-2004, 9:26 AM
Or to walk into your arms, affectionately....

-Adam G.
 ET Warrior
10-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Seems to me we have a lot of lonely people on these boards :xp:

I'd want telekinesis, because I HATE having to get up to get the remote control or food from the kitchen :)
 RedHawke
10-19-2004, 7:17 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Seems to me we have a lot of lonely people on these boards :xp:
Agreed! :D
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I'd want telekinesis, because I HATE having to get up to get the remote control or food from the kitchen :)
Thats the one I would want as well...

Though I was thinking of using Telekinesis for more profitable and practical applications...

Vegas Trip... and play some TK "enhanced" Roulette and Craps!!!

[A. Powers] Yeah Baby! Yeah!!! [/A. Powers]

Good enough for Qui-Gon good enough for me! :D
Page: 1 of 3