Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Trooper Phase 1

Page: 1 of 1
 Suprosa
04-07-2004, 1:52 AM
um, i was looking at the screenshots of the current model...and been looking at pics of the DF one...and Im wondering if anyone on this DF conversion team owns the Official Dark Forces Player's Guide, this book contains concept sketches (ones that aparently were turned directly into movie sequences even(drawings of kyle with arms crossed)). One of these is the Dark Trooper Phase 1, which looks much much more menacing and scary like the DF one, I remember the first time I saw that phase 1 in DF I was scarred, literally scared, I ran away from it infact. The current model i think looks silly (no offense) and I understand u guys musnt have anything to work with for the phase 1's model except the DF shots...
Im gonna scan this sketch from this book and give it to u guys...hopefully u'll take it into consideration, its a very nicely detailed drawing, so it should help you guys out...

hopefully my scanner wont enlarge the photo to poster size like it normally does *grumble*

:edit:Oh man this sucks...my flatbed scanner doesnt work...
 HapSlash
04-07-2004, 3:29 AM
If you're talking about the screenshots on the Mod's website, they're over a year old and about 3 versions behind.

Although, a pic of a more up to date model did surface in the april fools joke this year. But even that wasn't the completed version,...
 spsblue
04-07-2004, 8:05 AM
They have the concept art from the internet, can't remember the exact website but I think its in the link section. Don't worry it will look impressive!
 The_One
04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Sorry, I'm really behind with the models section of the website. I know it needs some *serious* attention, and I'll get round to updating it soon ;)

Don't worry, the Phase 1 looks bad ass :D
 EnforcerSG
04-07-2004, 1:03 PM
Check out this old thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112222)

Wasn't there another thread with diffrent faces?

I hate the popups...
 Fracman
04-07-2004, 4:55 PM
Our concept was based mainly on the original DF Dark Trooper "model" (only sprites available there, you may see an animation on the mods homepage at the bottom from time to time) and on Justin Chins original artwork.
Corto also looked at any DT similar looking pictures, from merchandise products and comics to evil robots from other non SW movies to have a comparison.
In sum, we will have unique DT models!!! :p
 Suprosa
04-11-2004, 7:52 PM
aah, those new screenshots are nice nice nice :)

update them character pages! :D

:edit:Question, i notice its holding a lightsaber...I forget, its been a while, does JA allow fist use in the game? Is it going to be possible to have the dark trooper use his sword-arm?
 Fracman
04-12-2004, 6:24 PM
about the updates... we still need One to take nice screenshots :p

Ehem... the lightsabre... yeah, the DT may fight with his metal sabre like with a lighting one... except throwing, of course
:D

Fists there will be, for Kyle only!
Wow that rhymes :cool:
 Suprosa
04-12-2004, 7:38 PM
Well i was wondering about the fists because of the DT1, will it use its fists? Just modify the damage tho so it hurts more or something for realism...

Itd weird me out to see it with a sword on its arm and its using a sword in its hand :P
 Fracman
04-12-2004, 9:19 PM
You're right, the blade on the DTs arm is somehow strange in that case. :rolleyes:
Consider it to be retractable, e.g. if the DT want to grab something with that hand. But since the DT are mostly always fighting with Kyle, they wouldn't let him approach near enough to feel the metal fists...

Hitting Kyle with the knive would be enough to strive :p
 Executor32
04-13-2004, 11:07 AM
I think it should be a specialized lightsaber, similar to the "Saber Droid Arm" saber available from pcgamemods, but with settings in the .sab file similar to the various sword hilts available for JA (examples listed below). Either that, or make special animations for it like the JA saber droid, and just have it use an invisible lightsaber using (probably, with the possible exception of length) the following .sab settings.

numBlades 1
saberLength 30
noWallMarks 1
noDlight 1
noBlade 1
noClashFlare 1
trailStyle 2
noIdleEffect 1
onInWater 1
bounceOnWalls 1

These settings would make it have no saber wall marks, no dynamic lighting, no lightsaber blade, no lightsaber clash effects, no saber trails, no burning effects when touching an NPC with it when not attacking, it will not deactivate on the slightest contact with water, and the blade will bounce off walls when it hits them during an attack. Also, new swing sounds and such should be made that sound like swords.
 Fracman
04-13-2004, 5:38 PM
Interesting to know, thanks!
 CortoCG
05-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Dude! Where is my blade? Good info Executor, we shall try those settings. Although I'm a bit outdated with JA editing, :(. Anyway, thanks a lot for your interest and help.
Page: 1 of 1