Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Announcement: New Rules Thread (Updated: Happy April Fool's Day! :D)

Page: 1 of 1
 Redwing
04-01-2004, 8:26 AM
Due to many complaints received on the material in this forum, especially from LF administration, these (re)updated rules and guidelines have become necessary. Read on...

1. Despite the header "Star Wars Roleplaying" above this forum, over half the RPG threads in this forum deal with non-Star Wars material. All such threads will be given a week from today (4/01/04) to finish, and will then be locked. Any new threads that have nothing to do with Star Wars will be deleted. This goes for the Stories / Fan Fiction subforum as well.

2. General threads are not allowed of course, but I have allowed "discussion" and "databank" threads in the past. Due to clutter issues, that is no longer the case. (Thus, for example, the character databank (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80292) and planet database (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80544) threads will now be closed. They sucked anyway)

3. Any topics that fail to meet a certain standard of quality will be summarily closed and/or deleted. This is due to the large number of "RPGs" that have material unfit for first-grader intelligence levels and worse writing (see below).

4. All topics will be run through a spell-check. (Because I don't have the time to spell check half a million threads, this only applies to threads replied to after today, 4/01/04.) Too many spelling/grammatical errors will result in a warning. Topics that continue to display an unacceptably high level of unreadability after the warning will be locked.

5. Any specific posters with exceptionally bad grammar and/or spelling will be given one warning. The next offense earns a temp ban. If you can't write properly, you shouldn't be writing.

6. The above applies also to repeat double-posting offenders, due to the incredibly large number of these.

7. Godmoding, character controlling, breaking thread rules and/or not participating will now all result in a warning and then a temp ban.

8. Remember, the most important rule is still - have fun! Happy first of April!
 Reclaimer
04-01-2004, 10:38 AM
What if some words like Sigma Outanus Four doesn't come up with it as a word?
 Writer
04-01-2004, 5:50 PM
Suddenly, there is a lot less wiggle room in the RPG forum. Though it saddens me, I can do nothing about it. (sure you don't just want some help as the mod of this forum?:) )
 -=DarkZero=-
04-01-2004, 8:50 PM
Ok, say this is so and the week comes to an end.

Wouldn't the RPG forum die? I mean, 90 percent of it isn't Star Wars, and most of them got, and came around nicely..[language excised - Redwing]

[See above - Redwing], why would you go hardcore on those who can't spell, I see that as a little unfair, I mean, you can't just rip on someone who can't spell, they could be younger than use, such as rick ulo, and can't come out with The most correct of spelling and grammar.

I find this a little stupid >_>

Be that as it may, please don't use such inappropriate language in your posts in the future. Thanks. ;) -Redwing
 Redwing
04-02-2004, 7:07 AM
Only three posters? Damn you all, I wanted more takers. :D (Sorry Dante XD)

Wildjedi, Reclaimer, and all those people who PMed me (you know who you are) the "Happy first of April" should've been a small hint. :D

*Undoes damage* XD
 Reclaimer
04-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Damn you Redwing. I hate you :P
 -Guyver3
04-02-2004, 1:14 PM
lmao you dork :p
 -=DarkZero=-
04-02-2004, 4:49 PM
I knew it was an april fools joke ^o^..But if you were serious I would have killed you -_-
 Writer
04-03-2004, 7:08 PM
Originally posted by Redwing
Only three posters? Damn you all, I wanted more takers. :D (Sorry Dante XD)

Wildjedi, Reclaimer, and all those people who PMed me (you know who you are) the "Happy first of April" should've been a small hint. :D

*Undoes damage* XD

(whining) Give a poor homeschooler a break, why don't ya? Especially one who gets out as little as I do, huh? (/whining)

You fooled me, so I must congratulate you on your success. As I said, I don't get out much, so this is actually the first real April Fools joke I've had played on me. If you look at it that way, your accomplishment may not be so great...:D Thanks for the fun.
 Mandalorian54
04-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Haha, good one. But unfortunately I only just noticed there was a new announcement and it's already been spoiled and I read the last post first so I knew it was an april fools thread before I even read the first post. So now I'll never know if I would have been fooled or not. :(

Well It was a nice try anyway, at least you got thee people. :p
 Redwing
04-04-2004, 6:41 PM
wild: No excuse! :D (You're homeschooled? I was homeschooled, until high school grades that is, making that about five years ago...Interesting ^^)

Reclaimer: I love you. :D

Mandy: Blast! Foiled again! <.<

;)
 Mandalorian54
04-06-2004, 6:32 AM
haha, mandy...isn't that a girls name?
 rick ulo 11103
04-06-2004, 2:41 PM
you can't just rip on someone who can't spell, they could be younger than use, such as rick ulo, and can't come out with The most correct of spelling and grammar.

and. insyult!!! *takeg out glover**slpth,slapd*

id chlens yuo pu a dula

:p

i knew it was an april fools day trick all along

SEE!!!, SEE!!!! i am smart hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(to much sugar for breakfast (and lunch))
 -=DarkZero=-
04-07-2004, 3:38 AM
*Get's slapped in the face by a glove* I...;_; I'M TWELLWING! RED RED HE HURT ME, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 Redwing
04-07-2004, 5:50 AM
Mandy: No, it's an abbreviation! :p I take it you're a guy ;) :D

Rick: BANNED! ^__^ (Oh wait, April Fool's Day is over...darn...)
 jokemaster
04-07-2004, 10:23 PM
*points at people who fell for it*
HA-HA
 Mandalorian54
04-08-2004, 5:52 AM
Well I know a chick named Alex, and Micheal, and Chris. And Mandy isn't so feminin, it could be a guy's name.

Oh well my real name is Ian. But I don't mind Mandy.

Everyone likes to abriviate Mandalorian, and Mandy's about as good as it gets.
Page: 1 of 1