Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Galaxy Forge Mod Crashed, Endar Spire and Leviathan Mod in progress

Page: 1 of 2
 mgnails
03-31-2004, 11:31 PM
The Galaxy forge mod has crashed, so, I amstarting over with a different concept. I was thinking of instead of stealing the ebon hawk to leave taris, you steal an endar spire like ship from the sith base or from davik that has the ebon hawk on it. You use that to travel to dantooine and leave it there during your training. When you complete dantooine and go back on the ebon hawk, there is another option on your galaxy map, to be taken to the endar spire like ship. when you board, you find that the council has populated the ship with a large squadron of jedi and left them and the ship in your command. You may travel to places in this ship if you wish. Later on, you meet theleviathan, If you choose to take the endar spire ship, instead of being captured by the leviathan, you are attacked by it! There will be a new level like the endar spire level except you will have your party with you. Also, there will be your jedi knights battling against sith troopers and dark jedi. In this level, you make a desprate effort to fight your way through the sith forces and make your way to the ebon hawk. Then, you are captured by the leviathan and from there on, you steal the leviathan to comfiscate your destroyed endar spire like ship. I thought that this would be a better idea for starters since now thenew ship comesin the beginging of the game and you get a new level. If anyone wants to come up with a name for the endar spire like ship, please do. I have decided that it will be a ship that davik either stole or bought from the republic while the republic occupied Taris. What do you think?
 Alfrauk
03-31-2004, 11:40 PM
Good luck with this! It seems like it will take less time to create than the galaxy forge mod. Hopefully your computer wont crash again. How about a name like the Phalanx (sp) or the Golden Horn or something.
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 12:01 AM
I had an idea like two minutes ago. I know thiswould conflict with the dantooine aftermath mod, but I was thinking that when you leave dantoonine, one of the council members joins your party and replaces some other party member. Maybe Canderous. It can't be vandar because that would conflict with the storyline so I was thinking about master vrook or master zhar joining you. If someone could make amod that had one of the council members besides vandar join you after you are done with dantooine, it would greatly coinside with my new mod!
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Okay, I came up with some new items that should be placed on the new ship that the council put in your possesion. I really need someone to make these items for me, I will worry about placeing them:
Exar Kuns Robes (red dark jedi master robes)
Defense +10
Max dexterity Bonus +8
Immunity 100% fire
Strength +5
this item i would like to be upgradeable, I leave the description and texture to the person who makes them.
Exar Kuns Lightsaber (black malak lightsaber hilt, optional)
Damage energy 10-30
Damage Fire +5
Upgradeable
this item i would like to be upgradeable, I leave the description and texture to the person who makes it.

I was thinking of placeing these items to be used by whichever council member joins you. I hope these stats aren't overkill!
Also, More item needs to come that will be placed on the new endar spire ship.
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 12:31 AM
crap!!!, Mykotor tool wont extract the spire module. If someone could extract both endar spire modules and rename them, I can use the gff and erf editors to putin new items. Also, I need a question answered, when i take the endar spire module and playthe copy, is it still going to be shaking violently and have random explosions? Or are the explosions times like they were placeable objects? I can live with having black stuff on the walls but i want the thing to be steady.
 Fred Tetra
04-01-2004, 12:59 AM
The explosions and such are likely caused by the player entering a trigger zone, which then runs a script for the associated explosion. So unless you were to remove the triggers, you'd probably still have them in your module.
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 1:10 AM
Since you are no longer escaping in a small sized ebon hawk but escaping aris in a republic frigate, i think that carth or some onecan say that there were 20 sith fighters that damaged the new ship so that will explain the blackstuff on the walls. WHen you reach dantooine, the council gets some mechanics to fix your ship so it works, but still looks like it has seen battle. Also, in the future, for stealing the leviathan, someone needs to extract and rename all of the leviathan modules so that I can work with them. Send all of the ship modules to mgnails@hotmail.com Thanks
 LukeKatarn
04-01-2004, 1:25 AM
I LOVE the idea
 *Atris*
04-01-2004, 2:42 PM
Please dont get rid of canderous get rid of zallbarr
 Prime
04-01-2004, 4:19 PM
Get rid of Canderous...
 -Guyver3
04-01-2004, 4:22 PM
KILL THE WOOKIEEEEEEE
 PrtyLizardJedi
04-01-2004, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Get rid of Canderous...

I agree, Big Z's needed for Kashyyk
 Alfrauk
04-01-2004, 6:37 PM
Get rid of the t3m3 thing. You dont need him after taris.
 Doom_Dealer
04-01-2004, 6:51 PM
ill try and make exar kuns sabre or his robes. gimme a couple of days and ill see what i can come up with.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-01-2004, 7:13 PM
heres an idea make a mod that replaces Canderous with ..... Exar Kun or luke skywalker or some other "famous" jedi from the movies or the various other star wars games

oh btw mgnails i have made a few items that i can send u to add to your ship they are Revan's Belt and Revan's Gloves i'd list properties but i'm lazy at the moment and will do so later on 2day oh and if u would like u can use my Jedi Implant that T7 is hosting for me in this mod aswell all i ask is that i get due credit for items thats not asking much

but all in all this is an awesome idea and i hope it comes out the way you want
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 7:37 PM
send your new items to me please mgnails@hotmail.com I'll see where I can place them thanks.

About the Exar Kun stuuf. I guess someone could take a party member such as carth and give him a different head. Then, There would be a new party member that could be Exar Kun's son or brother or Exar Kun himself. That way, when the Exar Kun items are made, I can put them on Exar kun when he joins you on Dantooine. I came up with Ideas for Items but Ill post them later.
 LukeKatarn
04-01-2004, 7:44 PM
What was the galaxy forge mod?
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 7:54 PM
This is what the Galaxy Forge mod was.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=124569&highlight=infinite+fleet)

I was about half way done with it when my computer crashed and I couldn't find the file.
 Darth Kellen
04-01-2004, 7:55 PM
hey mgnails could u put the galaxy forge replicator bin or computer on the ebon hawk?? is it possible.
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 8:13 PM
It is possible to do. I myself will probably do that in the future.
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 8:22 PM
I really need some one to extract the endar spire module files and make them so that the erf edtior will open it. Unless there is a way besides kotor tool to extract the modules files. Make itinto a .mod or something because i can't get kotor tool to work. I heard there is a rim extractor but idon't know where it is or how to use it.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-01-2004, 10:49 PM
ok mgnails they are on the way
i'm currently working on other items and tring my hand at retxtureing as well if u want i'll let u know when i finish an item
 mgnails
04-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I would like it if you send all of the items you create. Thanks

In fact, I would appreciate it if everybody could send me all of the items that they ever made if they could.
 mgnails
04-02-2004, 12:12 AM
I really need some one to extract the Edar spire modules and change them in to .mod so that I can edit them. Other wise, this module will never come out!!!!
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-02-2004, 12:17 AM
well if u haven't done so already go to T7's site and u can find my first item jedi implant

oh btw do u want some of (or all of) my "retextures" if so i can send them i warn u tho i have no expertise with photoshop so the don't show a lot of detail just straight color
 mgnails
04-02-2004, 12:23 AM
its fine, just send them to me. btw, if you have kotor tool, could you extract the endar spire modules and the leviathan modules and rename them to be .mods? I need themto be .mod files instead of .rim files so that I can open them with erf editor and edit them with gff editor. If you do this, send it to me. Thanks
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-02-2004, 12:34 AM
ok i'll send u what i have so far in the textures depo now for the modules how would i make them .mod? say i have end1.rim do i simply change it to end1.mod?

edit: ok i extracted them and i got a bunch of uts uti utc ute dlg and others not .rim
 mgnails
04-02-2004, 12:58 AM
send them to me. thanks!

btw I'm not sure how to convertinto .mod but Ithink you take the seperate files, put them into one file and rename them .mod. Gameunlimited and talchia did it with the lastbattle and kotor arena. But just send me the stuff you have now. If it I can work with it, I may have a warp to mod of the new ship with jedi on it tommorow.
 mgnails
04-02-2004, 2:20 AM
after you send me those files, I need you to extract the leviathan files to. After I make the Endar spire, I will make the stealing the leviathan mod and then the level that will be in between the two.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-02-2004, 3:09 AM
ok sending the files now i put my rextures in one rar and the endar and lev files in their own respective folders into another rar file
 pascalneder009
04-02-2004, 3:00 PM
Send that to me 2 at pascal_neder@hetstedelijk.nl !!
 Doom_Dealer
04-02-2004, 3:18 PM
hey ive just sent you a saber for your mod, its got stats as close to what was requested as i could get.
 mgnails
04-02-2004, 7:35 PM
Jedi_XtRmIsT, Have you sent the files yet? I am anxious to see if I can start working with them.
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-02-2004, 7:46 PM
@pascalneder009
who are you refering too??

@mgnails
do u have a max limit on the size of attachments cuz i tryied to send them twice and it "failed"
 Doom_Dealer
04-02-2004, 8:42 PM
mgnails??? have you recieved my saber yet???
 mgnails
04-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Doom dealer I did get your saber and it is awesome

Jedi, Why don't you send them one at a time. Retextures, then endar spire mods, then lev mods. I think myemail can only handle only 2 megabytes. If the modules are bigger than that split them inhalf until they fit if you will. If you take the time to do that, then the endar spire mod will be finished very soon.
 pascalneder009
04-02-2004, 10:05 PM
hahahahhahahhaha mgnails i have an e-mail adress of school witch can get as much as mb's as i want currently 20 mb 0% :D

i can get the whole buch at one time
 mgnails
04-02-2004, 10:19 PM
I just came up with an idea for new party members. First, on dantooine, Master vrook joins you and replaces T3-M4. After daviks ship is destroyed and you get captured by the leviathan, you fight malak. After you fight malak and there he kidnapps Bastilla, there is a new fight before you make it to the hangar. This is a fight with one of the council members. I was thinking about Zhar. WHen Malak attacked dantooine, Zhar turned to the darkside and sided with malak. After you fight him, you can either kill him or persuade him to join your cause weither you are dark or light. If he joins you, he will replace the blank spot where bastilla was. After that, I was thinking of having two othercharacters with bastilla on the unknown planet. If you decide to kill Jolee and Juhani, Bastilla and the other character will replace Jolee and Juhani's place.
 Poggle
04-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Sounds great keep up the good work
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 12:11 AM
I will make a new ship until I get the endar spire modules. This new ship will have a ship cantina, 4 crew quarter areas and I will probably find a room on taris and plant computer panels to make it look like a bridge so that the doors and all match. Rightnow I am working on the cantina level.
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 2:16 AM
JedI_XtRmIsT, I just emptied my inbox so go ahead and send the modules files and the retextures files. But, In case Ido not have enough space for all of the files at once, just send me the Endar Spire module files first and I will e-mail you when I downloaded them and emptied my inbox. Thanks
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 4:08 PM
I have recorded all of the x, y, and z coordinates formyplaceables as well as what I want to put there. All I need is the endar spire modules from JedI_XtRmIsT so that I can input the coordinates and placeables in the game. This will be a beta version of the mod because it is will not be finished yet. The only way to get to the sndar spire ship will be to warp there. There will be computer panels and jedi all over the ship as well as the swoop bike from the ebon hawk. There won't be any new items yet but I wanted to be able to release a beta version because I hate it when some one has a mod made but won't release it because it is not perfectly complete. This first version is also just to give you an idea as to what the mod is. After I release the beta version, I will begin working on the new level and have it carry on to stealing the leviathan. Then I will come back and make the endar spire ship accesible from daviks estate. WHen you board theebon hawk, you can walkaround while tarisis still exploding, you get to the galaxy map and the endar spire is there, you figure that is the quickest way to go, once you get to the new ship, you find that it is hidden not far away from malaks fleet. Sith fighters attack you as you try to escape in the new ship.
 *Atris*
04-03-2004, 4:32 PM
When will you releace it???
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-03-2004, 4:34 PM
hey mgnails check email u should have the item and the lev files

edit: i'm still trying to send mgnails the files for the endar spire and leviathin so i'd say that once i get him the files it should be up by next week probly idk i'm just sending him what he needs
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 5:02 PM
thanks for the files! It will probably comeout next week. There are a lot of different files that I don't know what they are. But, I have gotten quite a bit accomplished. I have already removed the explosions and planted some items in the parts pile. I am about to test them now. Also, there will be a new armband on the new ship that will give you force jump and force camoflauge as bonus feats that was made by JedI_XtRmIsT.
 *Atris*
04-03-2004, 5:13 PM
cool, i cant wait!!
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-03-2004, 5:42 PM
hey mgnails i made a retexture of the doublesber hilt and of a blade for it i took T7's sith saber and did some tweaking (i hope T7 doesn't mind me doing so i'll give all due credit to him) and i must admit it looks like what u describied it its cool i'll post a pic when i get it uploaded
 JedI_XtRmIsT
04-03-2004, 5:44 PM
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 5:46 PM
cool.
 mgnails
04-03-2004, 5:47 PM
is that an item because i would like you to send it to me! Thats a pretty cool saber.
Page: 1 of 2