Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Okay, here's your LucasForums server! (JediServers+Meatgrinder = CHAOS)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
03-23-2004, 6:00 AM
Kurgan's Meatgrinder, my "no rules" hardcore FFA/Siege server has returned, and this time it's with a professional hosting service.

Check the server status here:
http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/server_status.shtml)

Thanks to the sponsorship of www.JediServers.com) the new JA server now hosts up to 12 players and should be MUCH faster and more stable than before.

It's currently running a rotation of Siege using custom bot routes (so you won't feel so alone during the off hours) and later FFA with more customized features and the JA Bonus Mappack:

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=381)

Since this is a sponsored server, it needs your help! That means you should visit

Outcast Strategy:
http://strategy.jediknight.net)

Strategic Academy:
http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/)

...and click on the www.JediServers.com) banners!

JediServers provides hosting for JK2 and JA servers, with a lot of nice features including trackers, mods, etc.

Visit www.JediServers.com) and take a look. Maybe they're the right host for you? ; )

A big thank you goes out to Astyanax of JediServers for all his help getting this setup!

Note: there is no private password, so all are welcome, but I did this with LucasForums folks in mind (Psst, turn off your killtrackers!)

So show your support, play on the server, add Meatgrinder to your favorites and click on those JediServers.com banners, and visit their page. Tell your friends!
 Andy867
03-23-2004, 6:54 AM
Cool beans:) Now I can actually have a chance to kill Kurgan outside of my A-Wing:)
 Crow_Nest
03-23-2004, 7:02 AM
Hey thats great!

Now i can get to meet a lot of you guys :p
 Kurgan
03-23-2004, 7:47 AM
Yeah for now there's no asteroids action going on, BUT, I'll see what I can work out later on. ; )

Bring it!

Update: Great game to the guys I just got done fighting. Whew! Good times... now it's after 2am, I'm tired, hungry, and my head/hands hurt. G'night! ; )
 Alegis
03-23-2004, 12:04 PM
About time you got that sponsering :) Well unfortunately i'm now in my exams but i'm certain of lots of fun there

btw what is the exact link to jediservers.com the banners send you to? or does it work with a previous page listing (instead of jediservers.com/referrer.php=strategy they link to jediservers.com, but on a page list where you clicked that link/come from)
 GothiX
03-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Oooh, sounds like fun. A ssoon as TerraGen is done rendering, Guns N' Roses is on and I'm there! :D
 Alegis
03-23-2004, 2:16 PM
I'm waiting on ASE for a space to open cause it's full, there are 4 bots in it.. that shoulda be fixed :\
 --ZeeMan--
03-23-2004, 5:21 PM
is the ip in your siggy kurgan?
 Kurgan
03-23-2004, 9:36 PM
Yeah that's the IP in my sig. ; )

It shouldn't change at all until around April 30th when I'm told they're doing some server shuffling.

As far as the bots are concerned, I put those in because hey, it's Siege, and let's be honest, unless there's at least four people in there, people will leave immediately, they are so impatient.

In addition to that, at times it seems like the game will be full then like 3/4 of the people will just leave when the round ends. So the bots keep it looking "full" so people keep playing.

The only trouble is that the "bot_minplayers" thing (which is supposed to add or remove bots based on how many players are there) doesn't seem to work properly in Siege mode.

So the bots basically never leave and no new ones get added.

I can kick the bots, but that means that there's going to be periods of nobody in the server or just 1-3 people sitting there.

When I cycle back to FFA the bots will work properly and won't take up any extra space, trust me.

Update: The Bots are gone, the server is full. ; )

GG to everyone I just played, some real cutthroat Siege players out there! Very impressive!
 --ZeeMan--
03-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Once again thank you Kurgan :-)
 Lathain Valtiel
03-24-2004, 12:31 AM
*Cracks knuckles* Finally I can deal death and destruction on a somewhat normal damage server! HOORAY!
 Kurgan
03-24-2004, 5:45 AM
Good game Lath, everyone. ; )

Players seemed to kind of drop off once we switched to FFA, so it's back on Siege again for now.

Don't forget to thank JediServers.com!
 LukeKatarn
03-24-2004, 1:32 PM
Go Kurgan!!:D !:D :D
 El Sitherino
03-24-2004, 1:49 PM
I'm about to get on Right now if anyones in there or going in I'm Qi Na. just so ya know ;)
 Sam Fisher
03-24-2004, 1:51 PM
AIEEE!! Look at Alegis Gensan post numbers!! Its 999999!!
:eek:

Cool Kurg, I'll be there in a while.
 LukeKatarn
03-24-2004, 2:00 PM
Whenever I enter servers I am LUKEKATARN my lucas forums name I hope I will see you there!:D !:D
 El Sitherino
03-24-2004, 2:46 PM
I can't seem to join... it say server full then i try again and it starts to connect then says this server is for low pings only. I ping tested it and i have a ping of 45.... wtf is with that?
 Master William
03-24-2004, 3:06 PM
Great, now let's see an European server too. US servers mean high ping in my book
 LukeKatarn
03-24-2004, 3:12 PM
Ah man I live in the US so I guess I can not join:( .
 Prime
03-24-2004, 3:28 PM
Hopefully I can get some time to get on tonight...

And you have inspired me, Kurgan. I'm thinking about renting my own JA server. I got some extra cash. It might be fun...
 Pnut_Man
03-24-2004, 9:47 PM
Thanks for doing this, Kurgan.

Gone are the days of Lag, cometh the glorious age of the REBORN MEATGRINDER *Holy light shines up server*:

Stormhammer: Lagalicious baby!
Kurgan: You know it

;)Good times, but even greater times are to come!

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/voriandicol-lagalious.jpg)
 Kurgan
03-25-2004, 2:41 AM
Restarted the server, man it was so packed and people were pounding us trying to get in and download the files (I turned off downloads for awhile).

So it's all ready to go again for more abuse!

Yeah, hosting rocks, lots more fun than just joining random games (especially with all the "honor" dominated stuff going on). And when you can actually play and have low ping for EVERYONE (and not just the host) it's really something special. ; )
 Prime
03-25-2004, 6:59 PM
Sadly, I tried to get on last night and got the dreaded "Server is for low pings only" reponse.

And I have a DSL modem too :(
 Kurgan
03-25-2004, 9:25 PM
The server is located in Texas (I had a choice of that, New Jersey or California) and I have the maxping set at 600 ms.

I could raise it I suppose, but I'll have to take care of that this weekend if you like.
 Lathain Valtiel
03-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Awww.. Why didn't you put it in New Jersey so I could have a glorious ping of 30? Hehehe.
 Crow_Nest
03-26-2004, 1:54 PM
I know this is a dumb question, but what is the IP for the jediservers? I cant seem to find it anywhere.
 El Sitherino
03-26-2004, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
The server is located in Texas (I had a choice of that, New Jersey or California) and I have the maxping set at 600 ms.

I could raise it I suppose, but I'll have to take care of that this weekend if you like. that's messed up, I live in Texas, I ping the server and get 45 ping and it tells me "server is for low pings only". :(
 acdcfanbill
03-26-2004, 2:44 PM
if its full, and you continue to try to connect w/o using the reconnect command, you will get that error. I'm not exactly sure as to what causes it, but i think its related to the fact that you didnt connect on the 1st try and the server has a maxping setup on it.
 Prime
03-26-2004, 4:16 PM

I could raise it I suppose, but I'll have to take care of that this weekend if you like. No worries, Kurgan. I was able to get on last night. Likely it was the issue
acdcfanbill mentioned...

Are you going to stay with Seige, or are you going to do different gametypes as well?
 Kurgan
03-27-2004, 2:18 AM
I'm thinking of putting in some CTF next, and then something with Asteroids/Siege Destroyer2.

I may want to put in Destroyer2 with the Siege rotation since I can get 15000 maxrate, but I'm limited to 6000 for other gametypes.

I would host FFA, but I host that all the time on my DSL server. The high bandwidth associated with team games seems more appropriately spent on the JediServers one.

However, currently the DSL server is NOT running so it's just Siege until tomorrow.

The only thing about Asteroids is that I'll have to see how well it runs in general and if the files are a problem, since people would have to download and install a large mod to use it (hopefully they won't have a problem with it).

As to the pings thing I'm sorry you're having trouble, but again, I only set it to 600, so it shouldn't be a problem if you're reconnecting correctly.I chose the Texas location since I was advised the largest number of people would benefit from it, and also because of the changing IP for the East coast server, so I didn't want to confuse people.

JediServers.com, is their own site, I don't know the IP of their clan's server, but if check their page they might have it listed there (if it is indeed still running).

As I said here before, I did switch to FFA for awhile, but the numbers of people playing dropped off dramatically in a very short time so I figured they wanted me to stick with Siege. ;)
 StormHammer
03-27-2004, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
Thanks for doing this, Kurgan.

Gone are the days of Lag, cometh the glorious age of the REBORN MEATGRINDER *Holy light shines up server*:

Stormhammer: Lagalicious baby!
Kurgan: You know it

;)Good times, but even greater times are to come!

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/voriandicol-lagalious.jpg)

ROFL :D I remember saying that. ;)

I logged on again earlier today and had a couple of games of Siege. I have to say, I experienced hardly any lag at all - so great job, Kurgan. That was the first time I've played JA MP for a good few months.
 Alegis
03-27-2004, 10:40 AM
siege with bots is a laugh :p they're horrible

Good ctf and TFFA (au lieu de FFA)would be awesome, tffa with guns is so rare these days, theres only 1 server with force and guns and it's chocked full with bots
 keshire
03-27-2004, 10:51 AM
RazorAce is redoing all the bot AI code stuff. I'm sure he could use some suggestions as to how they should act in certain situations.
 StormHammer
03-28-2004, 3:16 AM
Originally posted by keshire
RazorAce is redoing all the bot AI code stuff. I'm sure he could use some suggestions as to how they should act in certain situations.

Well...not all getting stuck in one spot and standing on each other's heads could be a good start. :/ This was a problem I encountered yesterday. At one point my team consisted of another human player, three bots, and myself. The other human player seemed to have connection problems because he just stood there the whole match, and the three bots clustered together, with one standing on the head of two others. Which left me to try and break into the sanctuary on Korriban alone. :(

It took a while for the other team to realise - they had about four human players and one bot.

So in those terms, auto-kicking bots when human players join would be advantageous. Other than that, they definitely need to be tweaked a lot more.
 Kurgan
03-28-2004, 9:07 AM
When the bots cluster up like that in Siege I find that laying down a Det pack at their feet will disperse them (even if they're on your team).

Yeah, having bot_minplayers work correctly in Siege mode would be nice.
 Druid Allanon
03-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Hmm... is it just me, or is the gameplay on your server Siege all the time? I don't dislike Siege, but I do get tired of it after countless missions. I'd much prefer FFA, or CTF! :)
 Lathain Valtiel
03-29-2004, 1:08 PM
It WAS CTF yesterday...
 Prime
03-29-2004, 3:58 PM
As to the pings thing I'm sorry you're having trouble, but again, I only set it to 600, so it shouldn't be a problem if you're reconnecting correctly. No worries. I don't seem to be having problems now :) I get pretty decent pings actually...
 Kurgan
03-30-2004, 3:36 PM
Yeah, the server is set to CTF now for awhile, no more Siege (until I get a chance to log back on and change it).

So enjoy the CTF while you can (bonus CTF map included in the rotation!). And don't be afraid of a little bot-bashing!
 Kurgan
04-02-2004, 4:00 PM
I wish there was some way I could view stats for my server. : (

Anyway, from the times I've checked, CTF doesn't seem to be nearly as popular as Siege...
Page: 1 of 1