Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Thank You Chop Shop

Page: 1 of 1
 ksk h2o
03-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Thank you chop shop for existing... and for getting your server name out there and known.

I finally enjoy playing JK once again.
 Sam Fisher
03-21-2004, 1:26 PM
Yeah, its a great server alright :) Good job yo :)
 Druid Allanon
03-21-2004, 1:49 PM
Hmm... I haven't been on Chop Shop for many months now... I've been regulating the -=[DS]=- server. I absolutely love the whiners! :D
 Lindsey
03-21-2004, 5:26 PM
I like chop shop cause I can let my Jedi/Hulkness out of me :D

Meaning I almost always win the rounds im on
 Tinny
03-21-2004, 6:12 PM
yeah, i used to usually win rounds there, but lately there have been these uber people, like lathain ,weilding the single saber red style like samurai with his katana, they're mad insane. i'm really considering switching from staff to single.
 Lindsey
03-21-2004, 6:20 PM
psh, staff and duel sabers are awesome, you just let the single saber guys swing, then run up and kick them in the face with the jk2 flip kick, they go down, you staff kata them, and move on
 Autobot Traitor
03-22-2004, 12:16 AM
I enjoy chop-shop too, it's a good outlet for my destructive side!
 Sam
03-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Tinny
yeah, i used to usually win rounds there, but lately there have been these uber people, like lathain ,weilding the single saber red style like samurai with his katana, they're mad insane. i'm really considering switching from staff to single.

Red is crappy on that server.

Yellow and blue.

I win every time......well almost every.
 shukrallah
03-22-2004, 12:38 AM
I might actually start going there, my old PC was crappy, so loading times would take a while, and with the time limit, and many players, my FPS would be low, and by the time I got into the server, I would only have like 5-10 mins left, but with my new PC... nice FPS, and like it loads in seconds, so, i might check it out, since im guaranteed a good fight :D
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-22-2004, 3:18 AM
Wow, thanks folks, I'm honored:amidala:

Since unfortunately I am too busy to actually play the game myself, my reward is knowing that others are having fun due to my efforts. Thanks, I appreciate it.
 Pnut_Man
03-22-2004, 3:27 AM
I figure everyone wins on that server, damage is so high ;)

I like it though, tis fun knowing that I can kill anything in my sights without: OMFG I H@D MA SABERZ DOWN!11!1
 ksk h2o
03-22-2004, 8:37 AM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
I figure everyone wins on that server, damage is so high ;)

I like it though, tis fun knowing that I can kill anything in my sights without: OMFG I H@D MA SABERZ DOWN!11!1

Yes yes, indeed... I love the fact that the saber damage scale is upped. And the bots crack me up.

I almost feell like I'm playing on the old promod server.

Once I get used to playing the game with high saber damage and go to another server I'm like: huh? I have to hit them ten times before they go down? But usually before I finish thinking that the admin has gently saved me the effort to disconnect from the server and return to the main menu.
 Druid Allanon
03-22-2004, 1:18 PM
Haha, when I first went into Amidala's Chop Shop server, I was a noob then. I mistakened the bots for real people, and even talked back to them. Goes to show what a good job Amidala has done to make the bots seems like real people. :)
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-22-2004, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by Druid Allanon
Haha, when I first went into Amidala's Chop Shop server, I was a noob then. I mistakened the bots for real people, and even talked back to them. Goes to show what a good job Amidala has done to make the bots seems like real people. :) LOL, don't feel bad many many people have done that and still do it every day.

The best are the ones who try to flirt with the female bots (thinking they are real players): "hey Princess how old are you?"
 Sam
03-22-2004, 3:15 PM
I joined Chop shop server once hoping to talk to someone I knew.

When I got there he turned out to be a bot.......

makes me wonder if he was a bot back in jk2 when he played on my clans server?

it was the Division zero bot.
 ksk h2o
03-22-2004, 4:24 PM
Holy Turing Wet Dream batman!
 Lindsey
03-22-2004, 4:55 PM
Yea, the real devision zero was an actor in one of my old JKA fan films, I saw the bot and thought it was him, I was pissed he wasnt talking back, then I saw he was a bot-DOH!! :D
 Lathain Valtiel
03-23-2004, 1:52 AM
Originally posted by Sam
Red is crappy on that server.

Yellow and blue.

I win every time......well almost every.

What, the FFAs? Or one vs one? One vs one yes, but that's due to the fact I never got used to blue actualy being USEFUL when spammed like a nut. LOL

I enjoy Chop Shop, but it gets boring for me unless someone like Pink Panther, Deathscythe, bluestar, or eidolon is on. You know, the players that make it so that I don't win with a 2:1 ratio.

Shame that it rots your dueling skill away a bit... Thank God I go into Old Folks Home to shave off the bluntness.
 Rumor
03-23-2004, 3:58 AM
Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel
What, the FFAs? Or one vs one? One vs one yes, but that's due to the fact I never got used to blue actualy being USEFUL when spammed like a nut. LOL

I enjoy Chop Shop, but it gets boring for me unless someone like Pink Panther, Deathscythe, bluestar, or eidolon is on. You know, the players that make it so that I don't win with a 2:1 ratio.

Shame that it rots your dueling skill away a bit... Thank God I go into Old Folks Home to shave off the bluntness.

If i could still play (damn you pos discs haha) then i'd keep you entertained for hours ;)
 Sam
03-23-2004, 5:14 PM

When do you normally play?

Everytime I go all I get is a few bots and some nice newbs.
 Lathain Valtiel
03-24-2004, 12:29 AM
You're not Psycho Sam? Strange. Thought you were since said Psycho Sam uses blue and yellow, more blue.

Originally posted by Rumor
If i could still play (damn you pos discs haha) then i'd keep you entertained for hours ;)

Extracts ISOs, load them with Daemon Tools.
 Pnut_Man
03-24-2004, 11:18 AM
The only thing better than the gameplay on Chop Shop are the wide array of conversations that will sprout up.
ex:

"Yeah, I ran across a lake, put on some shoes, and went to the moon."

"Yeah, man. Jelly is fun to eat."

Sound like a bunch of stoned people, but random talk = 1337

Not only that, but the number of 'creative' player names i've seen..hehe..
 acdcfanbill
03-24-2004, 3:10 PM
actually lath, rumor posted a while ago that his disks got cracked, or scratched or well, something that doesnt facilitate the playing of JA :)
 ksk h2o
03-24-2004, 7:37 PM
was there not a third chop shop with KOTOR flight school on it?

have I been mixing pills and alchohol again?
 Lathain Valtiel
03-24-2004, 9:30 PM
Originally posted by ksk h2o
was there not a third chop shop with KOTOR flight school on it?

have I been mixing pills and alchohol again?

Sort of. First the third server was running a Disruptor instagib mod, then Asteroids Mod.
 Sam
03-24-2004, 10:46 PM
I joined and you only stayed for a few minutes....

oh well back to killing bots on chop shop.
 A Jedi
03-25-2004, 7:22 AM
Yeah CHOP SHOP CTF is great, i play there a lot, but i wish it were saber only =/

Amidala why not changing it to saber only and chnaging the damage to normal two days a week at least.

It would be great.
 Rumor
03-25-2004, 2:55 PM
You're not Psycho Sam? Strange. Thought you were since said Psycho Sam uses blue and yellow, more blue.

Extracts ISOs, load them with Daemon Tools.

i use Alcohol, and thats what i had done while i played ja before, but now the game refuses to recognize that i even have any discs after i install, even if i install and run with the original.
 Lathain Valtiel
03-25-2004, 9:16 PM
It won't let you play even if you use Daemon Tools..? You sureb you're using CD 1?

Originally posted by A Jedi
Yeah CHOP SHOP CTF is great, i play there a lot, but i wish it were saber only =/

Amidala why not changing it to saber only and chnaging the damage to normal two days a week at least.

It would be great.

There's a caption that answers that on the FFA server:

"If i didn't want guns or Force, I would disable them."

Plus she finds SO boring, and has said so repeatedly. Asking her to change it to Saber only is likely to get ignored.
 ksk h2o
03-25-2004, 9:41 PM
sorry but saber only ctf was only remotely fun in JO due to the fact that you could abuse pull-kicking people to death, or kickin them off ledges... I remember only giving myself one saber force point so I could have a saber and be able to do the acrobatics... the saber was ultimately useless.

And NORMAL saber damage? You have to be kidding. It's as if you're fightinh immmortals when playing ctf with normal saber damage. You have to hit them SO MANY times before they go down that a good runner is bound to make it to the numerous power up lying all over the map... causing the whole game to turn into 'chase the jedi with a flag sticking out of his butt' gametype.
 A Jedi
03-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Hey kskh2o have you EVER played saber only ctf in JA?

You cant stop a good runner? you must be a real n00b to not be able to stop them, i have stoped some good runners from good ctf clans, hiding behind walls, waiting at the top of where they wallrun, or just chasing them buny hoping with speed and using yellow swings. I know its harder than JO but been hard makes it more fun, since not everybody can do it.

If you work alone, you will maybe not kill the FC before he reaches his base, but if your team alredy got their flag you have more time to kill him.

Anyways, you are just another JO player that rely on a cheap strategy to win, and since this is diferent you obiously dont like it. Go back to JO.

I play ctf in star wars jedi knight jedi academy cause i want to use sabers, and playing with people that run around the map geting only rockets, heavyrepeaters and their ammo is just anoying, i prefer UT or quakeIII.

So again, saber only, slow force regen, and not jedi master level but the medium one. And well it would be great if some mod gives -25 each time you suicide but not just -1. One of the reasons are the team healers and energizers that use it 2 times then suicide get full force again and repeat.

And lathain valtiel i am aware of the message in the chop shop, thats why i am saying not to change it completely, but to change it once a week if posible. At least to try.
 ksk h2o
03-25-2004, 10:32 PM

You cant stop a good runner? you must be a real n00b to not be able to stop them, i have stoped some good runners from ..... yada yada

oh yes you look like someone I want to have a discussion with...
please go on...
 acdcfanbill
03-26-2004, 2:59 PM
well i dont claim to be an expert on SO CTF because i personally cant stand it :) but if its so great, what the heck happened to all the SO CTF clans from JO? As i recall they all thought JA was horrid in the SO CTF department, and stopped playing. :)
 Prime
03-26-2004, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
As i recall they all thought JA was horrid in the SO CTF department, and stopped playing. :) That was certainly the indication from all the ruckus that went on around here at the time...
 A Jedi
03-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
well i dont claim to be an expert on SO CTF because i personally cant stand it :) but if its so great, what the heck happened to all the SO CTF clans from JO? As i recall they all thought JA was horrid in the SO CTF department, and stopped playing. :)

Well JO is jk2, and JA is jk3, if they want to stay with the old game is not my ****ing problem and i dont really care of their pussy reasons.

I play this game to use a saber, not a rocket or any other stupid weapon, if i would want guns ctf i would play UT or quakeIIП which are way better games in that area. Saber only CTF is what makes it unique, other weapons screw it.

And you will say, <but i could use my saber and other weapons as well> Yeah you could but you would suck at it, you wont get good scores you wont help your team and you wont win.

The good guns ctf players do this, spawn, use speed and absorb, get rockets and their ammo, and bunyhop through the map rocketing the FC or geting the enemys flag. Then suicide. And repeat. I have counted how many times they kill themselves, as an overall, it is like 25 times in a round of 20 minutes. Thats how the leet ctf clans play JA CTF wiht guns, they never use their saber AT ALL.
 Sam
03-29-2004, 3:24 AM
I was at Chop shop just a few minutes ago playing with alot of AOS guys. I was winning with 70ish kills when one of them called me a flamer lamer and told me its common sence not to kill someone with there saber down. Then called me a **** box and a few other stupid remarks. After a few minutes of killing them they left.

I go to Chop shop to get away from dumbasses like this......

To bad I didn't get a pic.
 Lathain Valtiel
03-29-2004, 4:29 AM
Chop Shop has another breed of dumbass though..

Elusion, Darth Volticurius, and last but definitely not least..

Mr. Awesome. He's broken every single Chop Shop rule that results in bans. WHY wasn't he ever kicked?
 Sam
03-29-2004, 5:25 AM
Chop Shop needs sub admins to kick dumbasses that whine and complain.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-29-2004, 5:27 AM
Mr. Awesome was a troublemaker on my JK2 server and was banned. Then he changed his IP and name and snuck back in and tried to stay under the radar by behaving himself, but I banned him again just for sneaking in. We exchanged some very unpleasant emails.

I decided to wipe the slate clean with all banned players when Jedi Academy started and he toned down his a-holeness. He is annoying but not nearly as bad as he used to be. I'll watch him more closely though.
 Lindsey
03-29-2004, 5:46 AM
Luckily, we dont get many of those whiners anymore, however, its always fun when we do, its most fun when they hang together in a group, and I go slicing thru them all :D
 Rad Blackrose
03-29-2004, 6:37 AM

Half that post was gibberish and bull****, the other had a minute showing of true fact about SO/FF CTF game mechanics.

Thank you for coming, please try again!
 Lathain Valtiel
03-29-2004, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
Mr. Awesome was a troublemaker on my JK2 server and was banned. Then he changed his IP and name and snuck back in and tried to stay under the radar by behaving himself, but I banned him again just for sneaking in. We exchanged some very unpleasant emails.

I decided to wipe the slate clean with all banned players when Jedi Academy started and he toned down his a-holeness. He is annoying but not nearly as bad as he used to be. I'll watch him more closely though.

...You mean he didn't say ******, jew, et cetera even more frequently than he does now? Shocking.
Page: 1 of 1