Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Jedi's Demise Realeased!

Page: 1 of 1
 Zappa_0
03-06-2004, 10:18 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/4570/)
http://www.pcgamemods.com/4571/)
http://www.pcgamemods.com/4572/)

This is my Star Wars Fan Film that I have been working over an year in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. All files are in Quicktime format. Please enjoy the movie and give me some feedback!

http://www.jedioutcastmovies.2ya.com)
 Thrawn42689
03-07-2004, 12:40 AM
Before I start, I'll ask you to please not take any of this personally. It's a really neat concept, it's just the execution that is flawed, and I don't mean to offend you in any way, shape, or form. So, here I go.

Well, it helps to write your own plot, instead of just changing character names. Plus, the mapping neads work. The skyscrapers just float in midair, and the patch textures don't line up with the brushes on the arched windows. At the beginning, the fact that your Jango Fett ripoff character shot the two rebel soldiers, and then the other two guys just stood there and said "get to defensive positions" or something, and THEN turned around, seemed kind of stupid. If there's someone behind you with a gun, the FIRST thing you do is turn around. On top of that, they didn't seem to have defensive positions anyway--the man just stood there firing his pistol while the woman seemed to panic and run back and forth behind him. Also, the fist fight scene was extremely repetitive and uninteresting to watch. Try adding some kicks and such. The framerate was awful--if you want to record video for big projects like this, you'll have to use a better computer. Also, there was a really long and boring sequence near the beginning where the viewer watches ships fly by for a long time, then the camera moves into a hallway. It takes 45 SECONDS to get from one end of the hallway to the door at the other end. That's too long. That's as far as I got watching the movie, as I had to go do other things. Anyway, the camera kept starting and stopping. If you're going to do moving-camera shots, plan them out beforehand. Don't forget--to make a movie believable, you'll want to try and replicate shots that would be created with real cameras, instead of crane shots every other cut. And There were many other things, but that'll be a start.
 Zappa_0
03-07-2004, 2:11 AM
Well, maybe you should understand this was mostly filmed in JO, even before JA can out. Its not really a rip off, one reason I used the Mandlorian models was I liked them, they looked great ingame. That first map was made in a hurry. The fist fight was done in JO, before JA came out. It was mainly for humor. Maybe you should make time to watch the rest of the movie, then you may get the rest of the details. The movie was made for fun and to show off stuff of the game. Models, skins, mods, maps, peoples voice acting, in game acting, ect. But we will get better over time. We will fix the video problem for the next movie. So just take alook at the rest of the movie and then rate it to see if anything changes. Hell you might even like it :D!
 Zappa_0
03-08-2004, 1:39 AM
The Full Screen Real Media Version will be out tomorrow sometime.
 Sounds Risky
03-08-2004, 7:47 AM
I only watched Part 1 but it was incredibly dull. You should really learn how to edit as well as get proper audio levels.

Does the rest of the movie rip-off Attack of the Clones?
 Kengo
03-08-2004, 9:59 AM
Zappa, if the full screen version is like 300Meg then theres a real chance we won't take it at PCGM, there has to be some kind of limit to file size man. I can't say that for certain as its not my decision but I'm not sure Sergio will be keen having one file take up like a 10th of a server by itself....how big do you predict the file will be?
 Zappa_0
03-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Well each good real media file is about 90mb each. Im gonna try to upload it up at school today so, if Sergio has a problem with it can you just leave it up for a week so people who really want to see it can? Then after that just take them down and leave the Quicktime format versions up. Well if you post an answer, I wont be able to see it, since the school blocks LF at the state level which sucks bigtime.
 Kengo
03-08-2004, 1:15 PM
I'll pass it on to him and see what he says, I certainly won't take it down without his say-so first.
 Zappa_0
03-08-2004, 6:51 PM
I see you took down the QT version which is fine. I will try to see if i cant get an avi file thats good both in video and size. But thats one of our biggest problems.
 Pnut_Man
03-08-2004, 8:01 PM
Eh...
Felt too much like Episode 2 to me. I was cracking up at certain points, sounded somewhat cheesy (no offense :p I mean, Episode II was cheesy as well, no?)

The effort put into the whole thing itself was impressive, but otherwise...not to my liking.

To note on the fight scenes/duels:

-The little Jango Fett and that one fellow having a crossfire was a bit silly, as Jango would be the only one moving/dodging.

-The Duels, mainly the ones on the LivingDeadJedi's Jabba...seemed too much like a regular JO/JA duel (meaning, unfaithful to the movies--and I understand how tough it is to actually make it look realistic...) From my standpoint, looked like some red stance addict going at it with some staff spazzer (yet this was Jedi Mod from jk2). Yellow stance would have added alot of substance to the saber dueling. On a final note, I think the spars in general would have benefited had they been redone in JA (Especially since the staff and duals in Jedi Mod were...animation-less and crap :p).
Page: 1 of 1