Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kyle boss moves for other npc's and player.

Page: 1 of 1
 jon_hill987
02-22-2004, 10:56 AM
I was wondering how to make other npc's use the moves that the npc kyle_boss uses, the punches and so forth, i tryed using the kyle bos .npc file with a differant model and name it made a new npc but did not do the punches. it would also be good to be able to have the player charictr do that in sp or maybe even mp.
any ideas?
 ronbrothers
02-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Not sure if this is the solution, but have you tried making your npc "kyle" class?
 Tinny
02-25-2004, 2:30 AM
thats not going to do anything as even the normal kyle has class_kyle, i think it has to do with the snd things near the bottom of the npc file.
 jon_hill987
02-25-2004, 10:44 AM
I did use the kyle class I assumed that was what did it, I'm thinking now that only the kyle model has that animation.

don't the snd bits just tell it what sounds to use?
 Tinny
02-25-2004, 12:57 PM
right right, ignore what i said. but i don't think the grapples are kyle model specific moves, because a player can do it with gdebugmelee on right?
 jon_hill987
02-25-2004, 3:13 PM
I think you are right about it not being model specific, it didn't even work with the kyle model, I dunno whats going on.

how do you use that graple thing by the way, is it:

helpusobi 1
gdebugmelee 1

in the console?
 Tinny
02-27-2004, 1:43 AM
yeah and then type in give weaponnum 14 to get fists, (or just type in iknowkungfu but it sets all force powers to level 3). once you have fists up, you can press secondary + primary fire, forward + secondary + primary fire, or back + secondary + primary fire to do 3 different grapple moves on opponents while next to them :)
 Sarafan_Raziel
02-27-2004, 9:26 AM
To do the kungfu moves isn't that difficult. The question is: how to pull someones lightsaber from his hand? I've never managed to do this, even when I set playermodel desann or playermodel kyle_boss. If anyone could tell how to do this I would be greatful.
 razorace
02-28-2004, 7:06 PM
in MP? As far as I know, you don't.
 Azrael666
02-28-2004, 8:48 PM
I found that you can make new npcs do the shadowtrooper cloak effect if you enter then imto the existing shadowtrooper.npc file, calling the new npc 'shadowtrooper3'. Prehaps putting a new npc in kyle.npc as kyle_boss2 will work? Might not and its not ideal all the same. I think you can set saber characteristics to use the grabs instead of the katas in the .sab file, so making a custom saber and giving it to the npc might work.
 jon_hill987
03-10-2004, 3:18 PM
I had a look in the .sab files but didn't see anything obvious, do you know what to put in?. it would be fun using a saber like that in sp.

gdebugmelee was fun by the way, thanx for all your sugestions.
 ronbrothers
03-12-2004, 12:50 AM
I've done some research and I think the boss moves are hardcoded into the kyle ai.
 jon_hill987
03-12-2004, 4:41 PM
as sugested by Azrael666 I tried to make a new .sab file, to make a saber that used the graples instead of the other katathingy moves. I have two problems

1 I dont know what i need to put in the sab file to make it use the graples ( though I asumed it is something like, saberStyle graple)

2 i got this error when i tryed to make another one ayway and loaded up the game.

ERROR: filename length > MAX_QPATH ( strlen(Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData/saber/ext_data/) = 83)

I used winzip to make the pk3 and havent had that problem before.

any ideas?
 razorace
03-12-2004, 8:39 PM
When you create the pk3, you only want the file structure in relation to the base directory.

In this case, the files should be stored in the directory "ext_data/sabers" inside your pk3 file.
 jon_hill987
03-13-2004, 10:04 AM
I thought that was what I did. this is a screen shot of it in win zip.

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jonsgames/path.bmp)
 jon_hill987
03-13-2004, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by Azrael666
I think you can set saber characteristics to use the grabs instead of the katas in the .sab file, so making a custom saber and giving it to the npc might work.

Does anyone know how do do this?

I'm trying to make my own saber at the moment anyway

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/jonsgames/saber.bmp)

I was thinking maybe if the player had their saber set to use the grabs they could do it without gdebugmelee.
 jon_hill987
03-24-2004, 8:36 PM
Well I made my saber, can't get the kyle boss moves for it. I think you might have to replace the kata move with one of these but dont know which one, could someone tell me what all these attacks are please.

LS_A_TL2BR
LS_A_L2R
LS_A_BL2TR
LS_A_BR2TL
LS_A_R2L
LS_A_TR2BL
LS_A_T2B
LS_A_BACKSTAB
LS_A_BACK
LS_A_BACK_CR
LS_ROLL_STAB
LS_A_LUNGE
LS_A_JUMP_T__B_
LS_A_FLIP_STAB
LS_A_FLIP_SLASH
LS_JUMPATTACK_DUAL
LS_JUMPATTACK_ARIAL_LEFT
LS_JUMPATTACK_ARIAL_RIGHT
LS_JUMPATTACK_CART_LEFT
LS_JUMPATTACK_CART_RIGHT
LS_JUMPATTACK_STAFF_LEFT
LS_JUMPATTACK_STAFF_RIGHT
LS_BUTTERFLY_LEFT
LS_BUTTERFLY_RIGHT
LS_A_BACKFLIP_ATK
LS_SPINATTACK_DUAL
LS_SPINATTACK
LS_LEAP_ATTACK
LS_SWOOP_ATTACK_RIGHT
LS_SWOOP_ATTACK_LEFT
LS_TAUNTAUN_ATTACK_RIGHT
LS_TAUNTAUN_ATTACK_LEFT
LS_KICK_F
LS_KICK_B
LS_KICK_R
LS_KICK_L
LS_KICK_S
LS_KICK_BF
LS_KICK_RL
LS_KICK_F_AIR
LS_KICK_B_AIR
LS_KICK_R_AIR
LS_KICK_L_AIR
LS_STABDOWN
LS_STABDOWN_STAFF
LS_STABDOWN_DUAL
LS_DUAL_SPIN_PROTECT
LS_STAFF_SOULCAL
LS_A1_SPECIAL
LS_A2_SPECIAL
LS_A3_SPECIAL
LS_UPSIDE_DOWN_ATTACK
LS_PULL_ATTACK_STAB
LS_PULL_ATTACK_SWING
LS_SPINATTACK_ALORA
LS_DUAL_FB
LS_DUAL_LR
LS_HILT_BASH

I guessed some of them but havent a clue what some of them mean.
 Tinny
03-25-2004, 8:21 PM
try replacing it with the LS_HILT_BASH
 studman0201
06-04-2004, 8:36 PM
LS_A1_SPECIAL
etc. are the katas

Therefore whatever you are doin, I have not the clue, you would use those for the katas. I am going to try out and make a kyle_boss, with new model, I will tell you if it works
 studman0201
06-04-2004, 8:58 PM
not sure what your trying to do, but I made an npc named Boda
code below:

boda
{
playerModel yoda
customSkin blue
saber kyle_boss
saberColor purple
weapon WP_SABER
FP_HEAL 2
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_SPEED 3
FP_PUSH 0
FP_PULL 0
FP_TELEPATHY 0
FP_GRIP 0
FP_LIGHTNING 0
FP_RAGE 0
FP_PROTECT 0
FP_ABSORB 0
FP_DRAIN 0
FP_SEE 0
FP_SABERTHROW 0
FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3
FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3
rank ltcomm
reactions 5
aim 5
move 5
aggression 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
hfov 160
vfov 160
hfov 120
vfov 120
playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER
enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY
class CLASS_KYLE
snd yoda
sndcombat yoda
sndjedi yoda
scale 45
yawSpeed 180
walkSpeed 75
runSpeed 250
health 300
dismemberProbHead 50
dismemberProbArms 50
dismemberProbLegs 50
dismemberProbHands 50
dismemberProbWaist 50
}

Afterwards I tested it and compared his abilities with kyle_boss, they seem identical, I am not sure what you mean by grapple as well. Do you mean saberlocks? I tested a few and in 2 of 5 saber locks tested my saber was knocked from hand and Ever time I attacked both kyle_boss and boda while in their ready stances my saber was knocked away. Also I brought in a maul npc I created and eventually his saber was knocked away as well as broken by boda. Though if your talking about grappling in a melee sense I noted none such behavior, except for kicking no matter what sabers I have been giving my npc's including new saber files using new hilts they have the ability to kick. I have a Count Dooku who loves to kick the most. I will show code and saber code:

NPC:
dooku
{
playerModel gl_dooku
saber dooku
saberColor red
weapon WP_SABER
saberStyle 3
FP_HEAL 2
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_SPEED 3
FP_PUSH 3
FP_PULL 0
FP_TELEPATHY 0
FP_GRIP 3
FP_LIGHTNING 3
FP_RAGE 0
FP_PROTECT 0
FP_ABSORB 0
FP_DRAIN 0
FP_SEE 0
FP_SABERTHROW 0
FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3
FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3
rank ltcomm
reactions 5
aim 5
move 5
aggression 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
hfov 160
vfov 160
hfov 120
vfov 120
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_DESANN
snd gl_dooku
sndcombat gl_dooku
sndjedi gl_dooku
scale 110
yawSpeed 180
walkSpeed 75
runSpeed 250
health 300
dismemberProbHead 50
dismemberProbArms 50
dismemberProbLegs 50
dismemberProbHands 50
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

Saber:
dooku
{
name @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT4
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberModel "models/weapons2/dooku/dooku.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 40
saberColor random
}
 skew
06-06-2004, 8:17 PM
If you want to find out what a certain move actually is, look up the animation for it within the code and then view that animation sequence on any humanoid skeleton via ModView.

For example, I want to see what LS_JUMPATTACK_DUAL is. I search for that within the code and locate this line in bg_saber.c:

{"DualJump Atk", BOTH_JUMPATTACK6, Q_R, Q_BL, AFLAG_ACTIVE, 100, BLK_TIGHT, LS_READY, LS_T1_BL_TR, 200 }, // LS_JUMPATTACK_DUAL

Now I will open up ModView, open any of the humanoid skeleton files, select, and finally play that specific animation, which happens to be BOTH_JUMPATTACK6.

EDIT:

Obviously some of the moves may not be for humanoids, but searching through the code, loading up the relevant skeleton, and viewing the animation still stands.
 studman0201
06-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Ok also the pull saber away thing I located in the anims.h which explains how it actually happened.

BOTH_LOSE_SABER, //# player losing saber (pulled from hand by force pull 4 - Kyle?)

this line is the animation used when the saber is pulled from your hand, it states with use of force pull 4 and kyle? That is interesting as I have played with all force at 5 and I can never perform that, maybe the players cannot have force 4 or 5 and therefore any model with it will lose it when put under player control. This shows there are 5 levels(from npc readme)

FP_PUSH 0 - force push level (0-5)

So that is my guess on the saber move someone was wondering about above.
Page: 1 of 1