Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

over 80 hilt add-ons for JKA..

Page: 1 of 1
 darkdreamr
02-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Check out http://jk3hilts.evilzz.net)
our site holds over 80 sabers currently on site available for download. Modeled by some of the best sabersmiths out there.
check it out!
 Andy867
02-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Now did you ask each and every modeller of those hilts on your site for permission to post them? You see the way it works is that the author submits files to sites, not the site gets files from the author. And to post them without mentioning the author could also be aproblem, especially if the author only wanted their hilts on specific sites.
 Darth-Bane
02-20-2004, 12:52 AM
:deathii: all the hilts ive downloaded, if they're the saberstaff hilts, they give me a 1 handed saber with a normal hilt

if its two sabers or single saber, then its just a regular hilt.

customs dont work for me dunno y
 darkdreamr
02-20-2004, 1:13 AM
to answer your question about the authors..

Keshire, Kensai, Darthdoughnut (me) and all the other credited under author have been asked and permission is given to me..

as for the unknown.. these hilts were converted from jk2 a while back i cannot find the info on who made these.. but if they have a problem with their hilt being distributed then ill kindly remove them apon request.. but these hilts are on alot of sites as it is..
matter of fact my site has been up since like october.. and ive yet to get a complaint..

but thank you for your concern.. as for the other poster here.. i have no clue what your talkin about
 Darth-Bane
02-20-2004, 1:18 AM
:D i meant i downloaded alot of saber hilts, adn if i pick a saber-staff with a custom hilt on the saber customization screen, when i start the game i get a 1 handed saber with a normal hilt.

if i get dual sabers or a single saber w/ custom hilt(s), i just get those with normal hilts
 Tyler_Durden
02-20-2004, 1:23 AM
Nice work there dude. How about compiling all the hilts into one pk3, then releasing different versions as more hilts are completed? It would save a lot of room in your base folder as well
 darkdreamr
02-20-2004, 1:55 AM
they arent all my sabers.. so i cant take credit for them.. but i think im actually keeping away from the hilt packs.. i know that a few people.. including me.. dont like downloading large hilt packs for one particular saber.. now if the saber pack has multiple colors of the same saber that corisponds with the blade color.. thats ok with me.. but for the lower speed users.. and the people that just like to pick and choose their sabers.. thats what this is good for :)

and.. i think.. and this is only by what ive seen. but if there is more then like 50 sabers of one type (type meaning single or staff) JKA will actually start ignoring older sabers.. so there is a limit on the sabers you can put in your base folder.. (unfortunatly) i found this out when trying to get screenshots for the single sabers.. and i had so many.. i noticed my ~ screen said ignoring saber 1 2 3 4 anakin ect... so i had to delete some sabers in order to get others to pop up. sucky huh?

but im taking sabers too. i will post them within a day if you send one to me.. dont even need to have a screen shot for it.. just upload it.. and the name you want to be known as for credit.. and tell me if its a staff single or both.. and ill put it up. :) i want this site to grow stong as a good source for hilts

as far as i know.. i have the largest collection so far.
 Kurgan
02-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Do the hilts change gameplay or are they visual only?

Because I've held off on using a lot of the "hilt packs" out there, specifically because some of the hilts actually give you a huge advantage over others (by making your blades longer, shorter, more blades, etc).

I mean what's the point of using a weaker weapon when you can use a stronger one?

Just curious...
 Prime
02-20-2004, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
Nice work there dude. How about compiling all the hilts into one pk3, then releasing different versions as more hilts are completed? It would save a lot of room in your base folder as well Personally, I prefer not to have to download a lot of crap just to get a few things I want. I'd rather just download the few hilts I want.
 darkdreamr
02-21-2004, 6:57 AM
MOST sabers are just a visual thing and wont effect gameplay.
there are some sabers out there which may be more powerful and some that are out there which will be harder to fight with

For example.
My Soul Caliber saber has a Reversed saber mode which makes it a little different when fighting people.

or

my Master Eelektrik saber which is a single saber with 2 blades on the same side.

The thing is you really cant use them online against anyone unless that server is currently using them AND allowing others to use them.

you can use them in solo mode against the computer.. even in single player mode if you know the proper line to enter in your console.

but normal sabers like luke skywalkers hilt, darth vader, things like that which have 1 blade at normal legnth is not going to change anything.

more so.. i think having a personalized saber .. one you like is just a style thing.. you make one for yourself.. or have someone make one for you... or just download one you like.. and its like a piece of you.. just like a jedi who builds his own saber.
 shukrallah
02-21-2004, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Personally, I prefer not to have to download a lot of crap just to get a few things I want. I'd rather just download the few hilts I want.

exactly. Not a whole of stuff has been made for JA that is:

Good Quality
Things I actually like
Are worth downloading

Ill check out your site though.

I remember going on a server once, and a guy had a saber that was as big as a room! That was annoying. He killed me on the other side of the room. The thing about that was.... I couldnt see the saber!!!!! :( :mad:
 Darth-Bane
02-22-2004, 2:40 AM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
exactly. Not a whole of stuff has been made for JA that is:

Good Quality
Things I actually like
Are worth downloading

Ill check out your site though.

I remember going on a server once, and a guy had a saber that was as big as a room! That was annoying. He killed me on the other side of the room. The thing about that was.... I couldnt see the saber!!!!! :( :mad:

dude that sux..lol. but kinda funny
 darkdreamr
02-22-2004, 6:38 AM
that was actually a saber mod i think.. but i guess you can do that with just about any saber really..

The ones on my site are just models of sabers and such.. i dont deal with the alterations of saber blades or anything like that.

unless its cool like that glowing fist mod.. thats ok with me :)

I gotta ask that guy for permission to get those on my site
 Darth Kaan
02-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey Kurgan,

I am 99% sure that any saber hilt that has a moded .sab file, for example; a staff using blue or red stance instead of the default yellow with one blade turned off, will only work if the server has it as well.

Same thing applies to more and longer blades and whatnot.
 Darth Kaan
02-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by darkdreamr
that was actually a saber mod i think.. but i guess you can do that with just about any saber really..

The ones on my site are just models of sabers and such.. i dont deal with the alterations of saber blades or anything like that.

unless its cool like that glowing fist mod.. thats ok with me :)

I gotta ask that guy for permission to get those on my site

Actually, there are a few of the hilts on your site that have moded .sab files included in their .pk3. The Asajj Ventriss staff saber is one example. It uses blue stance with one blade turned off allowing staff users to use the front lunge as well.
 Kurgan
02-27-2004, 8:45 AM
Sure thing Kaan, what I mean is that I'm concerned whenver a mod like this comes out that the weapons are BALANCED with each other.

I mean if you have Saber X, Saber Y and Saber Z I can't always trust Joe Mod Maker to have made it so they have an equal chance against each other or if Saber Y is just plain superior to the other two.

See what I'm saying?

Thus a lot of these servers would give no reason to NOT use the "uber sabers" and thus it would be pointless to have all those hilts when you can just dominate any map using one weapon.
 keshire
02-27-2004, 9:18 AM
Somebody dissin on my choice of blue over yellow stance?

It doens't really matter which stance you choose as the staff alternative. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. If I had chose yellow they get the extra damage and yellow DFA. If red ditto. I chose Blue because that is what that type of hilt is made for. Quick movements.
 keshire
02-27-2004, 9:20 AM
Also I'm currently working on some stuff with OJP to enhance the weapon experience.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Feb/20042274336783273048947.jpg)
 Xizor's killer
02-29-2004, 3:09 PM
Those are some bad ass hilts! How do I put them in SP?
Page: 1 of 1