Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Page: 1 of 1
 C4-4U
02-12-2004, 2:00 AM
Hi

I am new to this Forum, but, definitely plan to park myself here for quite sometime. I am so HAPPY I found this site!

I have been working on a Level for JK2:Outcast hoping to break my way into a Game Level Editing position!

Siege at the Senate Building (http://murphy.joseph.home.comcast.net/LevelEditing.htm)

Feedback and critiques welcomed!

If anyone has any faithful way of importing low-poly 3DSMax objects with their applied Materials... I would LOVE to know. GTKRadiant imports the model nicely. But strips the file of any textures displaying them as all white... can anyone help here, because my work will take off real fast if I knew of a good way to export 3DSMax Models!

I shall now start adding triggers for the "Carrot at the End of the Stick" adhering to the game's story line.

Let me know.... should I keep going with this!?http://murphy.joseph.home.comcast.net/media/LevelDesign.gif)
 Eldritch
02-12-2004, 2:25 AM
Your screenshots look pretty nice, although I'd like to see them a bit larger. I guess I could download the pk3, but that would mean installing JK2. :-/

As for your model importing issue, how are you bringing the models into Radiant, and in what format?

Standard practice for JK2 was to download the .md3 Exporter plugin for Max and export as a .md3. That brings the texture along with the model, and is easy to put into Radiant.
 The Truthful Liar
02-12-2004, 9:05 AM
Originally posted by C4-4U
Let me know.... should I keep going with this!?

Yes!
 GothiX
02-12-2004, 9:24 AM
I'd advice you to use an actual sky shader, though.
 C4-4U
02-12-2004, 1:06 PM
> ...I could download the pk3, but that would
> mean installing JK2. :-/

I'll make a build for JKA this weekend!

> ...As for your model importing issue, how are you
> bringing the models into Radiant, and in what format?

I have used Pop-N-Fresh, but, apparently I am doing something very wrong. My objects come in nicely, however, no shading or textures!? I export the *.md3 to my models directory. Do I need to add a UVW Map to the Modifier stack?

> Standard practice for JK2 was to download the .md3
> Exporter plugin for Max and export as a .md3. That
> brings the texture along with the model, and is easy
> to put into Radiant.

BTW
The screen shots that were considered to be to small are now "click-able" to full screen 1280x1040 jpgs.

Also, the Sky Shader does not render for some reason, but, I think its because I do have an object or 2 outside the sealed world... I am on that one, now!
 -=DarkZero=-
03-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Whoaw, The map looks sick man.
 Lil Killa
03-03-2004, 1:19 AM
Make a folder in you gamedata/base/models directory. For this I'll call it map_model...

Once you create the folder put your textured uv map in there. Now when you export your md3 you point to that folder for the texture. That way when you load the model up in radiant and in the game it will know where to find the skin for the model.

As for your sky.. make sure the shader is working the way it should...

EDIT::: also make sure your models skin follows the size format that normal textures use..
 Mercenary
03-03-2004, 7:45 AM
I use Milkshape 3D for my final export to md3.
Page: 1 of 1