Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

objects that you can push/pull

Page: 1 of 1
 WP RaVeN
02-01-2004, 7:02 PM
Hi I want to know how to make an object that u can pull/push like u see in the yavin_temple from JK2 :D oh and its for MP btw

Thx
 WP RaVeN
02-02-2004, 5:39 PM
Could somebody please answer me? All I want to know is how to make a brush that you can pull/push...like the ones they have in the Jedi Training Grounds, when you have to pull a stone from the wall so you can stand on it to reach the platform above...=P its for multiplayer btw

Thx
 Mercenary
02-02-2004, 5:54 PM
It's probably done with a func_static and a script.
 Arkon11
02-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Could you be a little more specific, I really want to know how to do this too.
 WP RaVeN
02-03-2004, 7:14 PM
Could somebody please answer =/ and I know its not done with a script because ive put yavin_temple in JA without its scripts but the brushes u can force pull/push still work
 lassev
02-03-2004, 9:21 PM
Well, a func_door entity gives you an option ("force_activate" flag, and possibly also "toggle" flag in addition to that - haven't tried it though) to make an entity that moves between two locations (the door open/closed positions), whenever you use either push or pull at it.

Func_static and a script gives a lot more possibilities because you can actually control if the player should use push or pull. Such a script that would control the brush itself to move is so simple thing to make (any elevator script is 100% analogous in practice) that I don't bother to explain it here.

EDIT: Added some additional information maybe needed
 Jedi_Vogel
02-04-2004, 7:27 AM
Could somebody please answer =/

Please please please, learn some patience and be nice to people. Getting like that only puts people off helping you.
 Andur_Sunrider
02-06-2004, 1:35 PM
It is doen with a func_static and a scrip the only thing I dont know is the script that is used to do it. My suggestion is try playing around with func_static and see what you can come up with. Then if you get it to work, share it with the rest of the editing community.
Page: 1 of 1