Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SP maps?

Page: 1 of 1
 Blue_Lightsaber
01-26-2004, 2:26 PM
Where are all the single player maps for JA? There were some pretty cool ones for JO. I checked all over and I can't find any. So if anyone can direct me to some or tell me if there aren't any that would be great. Thanks.
 lassev
01-26-2004, 5:56 PM
Yeah, I know how you feel. Unfortunately, many are still in WIP stage for JA. And I'm very much in doubt whether we will ever see as many SP maps for JA as we had for JO. To check the current status of things, go to:

http://www.massassi.net/levels/view_category.php3?category_id=14)

That will give you the best impression of the cruel state of things. Why, the last time I checked, PCGM didn't even have a category for JA single player...
 Mercenary
01-26-2004, 7:32 PM
There's a greater imbalance for JA than there is for JO and that's pretty bad. Maybe sp mappers are putting more time into their projects which could explain why only 2 have been released to date.
 lassev
01-26-2004, 8:22 PM
And I can't personally understand why Raven / LEC hates so single player. Nobody believes anymore that they would publish the source code even for JO SP, but even the ordinary editing tools for JA were called MP_editing_tools, as if the single player editing / mapping would just be some weird thing only loonies would do.
 Kengo
01-26-2004, 9:09 PM
Originally posted by lassev
as if the single player editing / mapping would just be some weird thing only loonies would do.

So you're saying you and Mercenary don't fall into that catagory?

Anyway yeh, we got this massive rush or largely quickly put together SP levels with JO, I only hope its because people are putting more time into them for JA. Certainly, both levels released so far were of good quality. I have one in the works myself, in betwen bouts of Team Corellia, it will appear...
 Mercenary
01-26-2004, 9:19 PM
Who on these forums has a single player map in the works?
 lassev
01-26-2004, 9:40 PM
It's a sad truth that in the once great, now sorrowful halls of single player mapping you must wander a long time before you meet someone else. And then, all too often, it's but a long dead corpse of some forgotten project that never surfaced nor saw the light of day. Yes, it's the grand graveyard of ambitious dreams and bright ideas - all crushed in the face of harsh reality.
 Kengo
01-26-2004, 10:51 PM
It's a sad truth that in the once great, now sorrowful halls of single player mapping you must wander a long time before you meet someone else. And then, all too often, it's but a long dead corpse of some forgotten project that never surfaced nor saw the light of day. Yes, it's the grand graveyard of ambitious dreams and bright ideas - all crushed in the face of harsh reality.

That's pretty sad. No, no, its just something in my eye. I'm not crying. Something. In my eye.

Steve "Blaster" Brown has one in the works (http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=interview_view&id=10), and Zeus hopefully does. AKPiggott has 'Rise of a Mercenary' in progess (woooo!) Eike Legion is probabaly working on something cool, and lets hope the same is true for BSR too. When he returns, Shadriss will hopefully finish his long awaited Deception as well. I bet there are a few being worked on right now in addition that we know nothing whatsoever about...
 Mercenary
01-26-2004, 11:22 PM

You're quite a poet, Lassev ;)
 GothiX
01-27-2004, 9:39 AM
Originally posted by Mercenary
Who on these forums has a single player map in the works?
I do.
 Jedi_Vogel
01-27-2004, 10:40 AM
As I learn mapping, I was hoping first to achieve a Multiplayer Map, but the idea of making a single-player level is quite appealing, if I can eventually (in several months time probably) pull it off. But yeah, I'm learning, but don't see why SP map shouldn't be made.
 ewok mercenary
01-27-2004, 2:44 PM
The Secret Plan is gonna be for both JO and JA, if that counts. I'm also planning another SP level, but that's a long way away at the moment.
 lassev
01-27-2004, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by Kengo
That's pretty sad. No, no, its just something in my eye. I'm not crying. Something. In my eye.

Thank you!

Originally posted by Mercenary
You're quite a poet, Lassev ;)
Thanks! I really appreciate your compliments :)

Might as well mention that I'm also making an SP map (what else, after all that lamentation). I have precious little time to spend on mapping, and thus it will be small indeed, a tiny SP level, about the size of some MP map. Yet, it'll be filled with puzzles and cinematics, and a strong plot. That's what SP is all about for me.
 Torchy
01-27-2004, 10:24 PM
im working on a 3 map mission on hoth. first a brief rescue mission followed by a mission where u go into a mountain lab complex to find imperials are developing a new figher craft powered by ice crystals from the caverns below the base, then the final mission you have to escape. its all tied together with a very far fetched and flawed story line :D :D

ship render 1 (http://www.kripzclan.co.uk/torchy/jaships/Z_95_MOD_FRNT_L.jpg)

ship render 2 (http://www.kripzclan.co.uk/torchy/jaships/Z_95_MOD_FRNT_R.jpg)

ship render 3 (http://www.kripzclan.co.uk/torchy/jaships/Z_95_MOD_REAR.jpg)
 Leslie Judge
01-28-2004, 8:57 AM
Nice. :) Reminds me to Z-95 mixed with a little Jedi Starfighter at the end.
 shukrallah
01-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Ive got one planned..... and i know one that is being made, its at gamingforums.com if you care to check it out. :) its called joining the academy, and doesnt look bad. Im helping out a little bit with cutscenes.

Anyways, here are my plans.. finishing that movie... making a few MP maps... maybe siege. I like the fact that you can script NPCs in MP (partially, i cant make them invincible, and i cant choose what weapon they have) :( but as you can see here: http://pcgamemods.com/4094/) it is possible to have NPCs walk around in MP.. and probably do animations... which is cool.

After i make a few MP maps.. i will make a large SP thing. No details. Lets just say.. it will be several levels long.
 Kengo
01-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
but as you can see here: http://pcgamemods.com/4094/) it is possible to have NPCs walk around in MP.. and probably do animations... which is cool.

After i make a few MP maps.. i will make a large SP thing. No details. Lets just say.. it will be several levels long.

That's very cool man - getting NPCs wandering around. I like the combination of SP and MPs skills there.

You've shown a steady improvement and an ability to edit all kinds of areas, I really look forward to an SP project from you - we know the cutscene work will be excellent too! :)
 shukrallah
01-29-2004, 1:06 PM
Thanks man! Scripting is there, we might as well use it :)
 Tito
02-03-2004, 5:27 PM
Check my sig for another SP MOD in the works (though it's going to take a while before it's done)!:D
Page: 1 of 1