Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dodging (SP)

Page: 1 of 1
 Crow_Nest
01-21-2004, 4:59 AM
Some of you might already know this, but for those who dont, you can actullay dodge blaster shots in SP! You will go into force speed and dodge the blaster fire.

See screens:

http://crownest.poonpipi.com/images/dodge.jpg)

http://crownest.poonpipi.com/images/dodge1.jpg)

All you have to do is, hold the use key (default enter/R) then hold an arrow key.

Then when an enemy fires a shot, quickly dodge it, takes some pratice, timing must be right. And only works with your saber on.

NOTE: 1 dodge = 50 force mana
 Batdroid
01-21-2004, 6:51 PM
Thats cool hope it works on xbox, thanks crow.
 Samuel Dravis
01-21-2004, 8:09 PM
I had already seen this before, but thanks for posting it anyway. Nice screenies.

The Dynamic Crow strikes again! (I can tell ;))
 TK-8252
01-21-2004, 8:31 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
http://crownest.poonpipi.com/images/dodge.jpg) Wow a lot of good this dodge did... you still were hit! Although I see you have god mode since the hit did no damage. :p
 gotcha8903
01-21-2004, 8:50 PM
cool:)
 DarkLord60
01-21-2004, 8:59 PM
Cool thanks for the info!
 Kengo
01-21-2004, 9:34 PM
That is handy and more importantly, damn cool in a Matrix kinda way.
 Sam Fisher
01-22-2004, 12:35 AM
 Crow_Nest
01-22-2004, 1:00 AM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
Wow a lot of good this dodge did... you still were hit! Although I see you have god mode since the hit did no damage. :p

Im still trying to find out how to do a successful dodge, maybe i was too close to the enemy. :p

But dodging doesnt work with rockets, tried.
 razorace
01-22-2004, 6:11 AM
You can do the dodging animation without using Force Speed. Does it act differently when you're Force Speeding?
 Syzerian
01-22-2004, 7:01 AM
yeah i used to use that to dodge fire from emplaced guns
 Crow_Nest
01-22-2004, 9:37 AM
Originally posted by razorace
You can do the dodging animation without using Force Speed. Does it act differently when you're Force Speeding?

Didnt try it with speed. But i guess you will just dodge it normally
 Prime
01-22-2004, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive7.jpg) LOL!
 Kurgan
01-22-2004, 5:00 PM
Interesting, I knew that in SP "auto dodging" existed for Secondary Disruptor fire (just as it did in JK2) however it was RANDOM and RARELY HAPPENED EXCEPT ON EASY OR NORMAL DIFFICULTY LEVEL.

Simply "leaning" to the side to avoid shots is usually not that useful but sometimes you can avoid shots with it (near misses), however it doesn't use any mana or have the "dodging" animation associated with the auto dodge for charged disruptor shots.

Maybe you're on to something though, as I've never witnessed this in SP with non Disruptor shots and since I normally play on higher difficulty dodging pretty much never happens to me, period.

Just a nitpick but, I don't understand why the team didn't just adopt the MP behavior for the Disruptor for SP. It was much more consistent, skill based and cool. Oh well, this way is harder, so maybe they just figured that...
 Crow_Nest
01-24-2004, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Just a nitpick but, I don't understand why the team didn't just adopt the MP behavior for the Disruptor for SP. It was much more consistent, skill based and cool. Oh well, this way is harder, so maybe they just figured that...

its because of teh darn L A G. But yeah, it will be cool if they added the sniper dodge in MP. :cool:
 AgentDarthThor
01-25-2004, 8:59 AM
Its in ja and jk2 mp..lvl3 force seeing..dunno how to toggle/trigger it on manually tho
 Crow_Nest
01-31-2004, 2:15 PM
I just found out that you need g_debugmelee 1 to be enable first to do dodging.

iknowkungfu works too.
 Tinny
01-31-2004, 2:34 PM
with the g_debugmelee 1 or iknowkungfu on, i use forward + use to dodge rockets, the other 3 don't dodge too well :)
Page: 1 of 1