Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Battlefront Wishlist

Page: 3 of 5
 yaebginn
06-22-2004, 11:42 AM
good job, you see an opportunity (the devs visiting the forums) and you seize it. good job.

I really hope damage control is really well done. thats important. and what do you do if you run out of ammo? can you use fists? or what?
 Lt. Havoc
06-22-2004, 11:54 AM
fists would be great. I can imagine reading that kill message. Or better yet, sneaking up on that sniper picking off your mates and beating him to death... brutal. I can hear the robotic servo and clunk sound fx as the battle droid punches.

Can you imagine how easy it will be for them to do the voices for the clone troopers and droids? Its all the same voices. Guess its plenty fo work for those voice actors.
 yaebginn
06-22-2004, 12:14 PM
yeah. u from FL, right? Go Bucs. we are the best at all sports. Bucs win superbowl, lightning wins stanley cup, marlins win world series. we are the dominant state.
 TK-8252
06-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I think that a pilot being a mechanic is okay...

Originally posted by Lt. Havoc
12. If the scout battle droid can call "orbital strikes" then they should have an added restriction.
I'm guessing an orbital strike is an SW version of artillery only minus the 2nd player which would fire the rounds which the scout spots. So what's to keep you from laying next to an ammo recharge and spamming "strikes"? I say force the scout to remain still and paint the target until the strike comes in. Calling it on the run won't work and calling it and moving will break the signal. Then provide a 6-8 second pause before another strike maybe called in. You could even have a clever sound bite say "One moment... our laser batteries are recharging." They could even build in code which calculates if the player is at the same location or with a small radius and calls in multiple strikes the time between each gets longer and longer. That forces the player expose themself and get in the game.

The way orbital strikes function (for the Imperial Officer, at least) is discussed in this article:

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/features/default.asp?siteid=60&sectiontypeid=8&subsectionid=1639&pagetypeid=2&articleid=28697&page=3)

For the Imperial side, their special unit right now is the Imperial officer. He can heal troops, he can also deploy a probe droid to steer remotely around the battlefield. The cool thing about the probe droid is he can also call in a bombardment from orbit. He can drop off a beacon, and sound a warning, but then that area is pretty much going to be pummelled from space.

So the downside to orbital strikes is that you have to leave your player idle and unable to defend itself while you're remotely controlling the Probe Droid.
 Lt. Havoc
06-22-2004, 12:22 PM
melee attacks with weapons that are out of ammo. For instance run out of blaster ammo and you automatically try to butt-stroke your opponent with the same fire button. This would help prevent the "knife fight" mentality. You'd have to first totally run out of ammo before you could run around like a jackass saying "knife fight only, knife fight only".

Rockets should penetrate a Droideka's shields.

FL has gone off in recent years, a far cry from years and years past though.
 yaebginn
06-22-2004, 1:11 PM
yeah, that'd be great. ike in ed dead revolver. you can pistol whip a guy, stab with him a bayonet, if you are out of ammo.
 TK-8252
06-22-2004, 1:19 PM
No melee in Battlefront! The back-up weapon should just be the pistol with unlimited ammo. Oh god, I can just imagine it: "hay laemr!!!11!1 fists = peaece noob@!111"
 Mountainforest
06-22-2004, 2:02 PM
Yeah, melee would be nice. Like in Halo.
 SonOdin
06-22-2004, 7:41 PM
I want Jabba and the Rancor!!
You fight in Jabbaspalace, donґt watch out and fall into the rancors pit.... *dreaming*

Space battles: If the Empire has unlock the Deathstar , the rebels has the chance to destroy it like in episode 4 :deathstar
or 6 :deathii: in a big spacebattle. If the rebels lose the fight, the imps can use their big weapon...

And I want Dewbacks on Tatooine!!
 PhireStorm
06-22-2004, 8:12 PM
I Want:

1) Awesome Graphics, such as droids busting apart, burning stuff, Falling AT-ATs, Flying debris, smoke
2)Stealth tactics
3) Battles occuring in space (ships)
4) The death star with all the pits!
5) Be able to capture people and use as hostages
 Master William
06-22-2004, 8:53 PM
Oh yeah, some sort of Friends list.

Don't worry guys, this game won't turn out like JO/JA at all. Nobody's gonna care if you are typing, anyone would be wise to not start typing in the middle of a war... do it while you're safe from enemy fire.

As for Pilots only be able to control aircraft, I think they're gonna go with the BF1942 style...
 killer007
06-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Okay things I wish for.

1. If you are in an area where there is flying debris I would like to see it do somesort of damage.

2. Ships that feel like how they are supposed to.

3. Maybe picking up a dead teamates weapons like if you need ammo or grenades. Only would work for your own class Like a scout cant pick up a rocket launcher.

thats all i can think of for now.
 Mountainforest
06-23-2004, 2:48 AM
Originally posted by killer007
3. Maybe picking up a dead teamates weapons like if you need ammo or grenades. Only would work for your own class Like a scout cant pick up a rocket launcher.

thats all i can think of for now.

That has already been confirmed. You can pick up ammo from dead teammates/opponents. However, you can't pick up weapons.
 killer007
06-24-2004, 12:55 AM
They have confirmed that idea? I havent heard anything about it. Thanks though.
 Alegis
06-25-2004, 10:59 AM
1) Pilots should be able to throw their teammates out of a vehicle when they want to pilot it (what purpose has a pilot when it vcan't pilot something?).
It would be good cause ppl that cant fly wouldnt fly etc etc, but would be overused dont you think? Instead of Tkers they'd just come around drag you out

Lets see...
*Good voting GUI, with everything on it
*Balance system (You may not have double the amount of assault guys than pilots, for example, that stuff...also for vehicles)
*Taunts!
 Dr.Davidson
06-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by jasperw
1) Pilots should be able to throw their teammates out of a vehicle when they want to pilot it (what purpose has a pilot when it vcan't pilot something?).

agree to alegis (^). just suppose there are two skilled pilots but both think he/she is better ... this would stop the whole actio cuz they would drag each other out all the time.

its better to bind an alarm like "hey, im pilot, let me do this job" to tell the player that a skilled one is near, bt not just drag them out.
 ShadowHawkTA
06-25-2004, 9:35 PM
I have to agree with the idea of being able to last. I dont want it to be the spawn three seconds later die thing that went on with the Unreal series.
 fuzzyfreaker
06-25-2004, 11:21 PM
I want to have a coruscant map soo bad, i mean, you can use a speeder and fly around and stuff, make it the largest map in the game.
 joesdomain
06-27-2004, 2:28 AM
Thermal Detonators! Thermal Detonators! Need I say more! The more the merrier. I want to be able to throw them at vehicles or inside a vehicle and blow them up.
 joesdomain
06-27-2004, 11:33 PM
I know this isn't going to happen but I would like background characters to show up like Bossk, Greedo, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, IG-88. Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Jabba the Hutt, Bib Fortuna, and any other main character from the star wars films.
 TK-8252
06-28-2004, 12:34 AM
Now THERE's a good idea. That'd be awesome if the Imperials could call bounty hunters, like how they call Darth Vader.

Maybe they can be modded into the game... :D
 The-Stealth
06-28-2004, 2:16 AM
I think that if ur a pilot and get shot down b4 u get blown to itty bitty pieces I want to be able to jump out and like partachute or light jetpack thingy like in bf1942.
 MobiuZ
06-28-2004, 8:13 AM
Why don't put Rankings in it ! that would be awesome !
like every single player has its own ID ( no mather what name he/her chooses ) and than like after 100 kills you become Private First Class , 200 : Corporal , 300 : Corporal First Class , and so on.
 fuzzyfreaker
06-28-2004, 8:34 AM
hey, not bad for a first post. Good idea... I also like the whole boba fett and secondary character idea.
 MobiuZ
06-28-2004, 10:30 AM
thx :)
 Mountainforest
06-28-2004, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by MobiuZ
Why don't put Rankings in it ! that would be awesome !
like every single player has its own ID ( no mather what name he/her chooses ) and than like after 100 kills you become Private First Class , 200 : Corporal , 300 : Corporal First Class , and so on.

Rankings would be fun, but I'd prefer if they weren't based on kills. Some character classes make more kills then others, and I wouldn't like to give people who love to be a sniper a bonus.

Н think they should make some inteligent point-system. Kills will be rewarded (headshots give a higher reward), but also other stuff. For example: blowing a building up (as a wookie smugler) or staying in a vehicle in combat for a long time. Or piloting a speederbike at a surden speed for a surden time on Endor.

<>Mountainforest
 lukeiamyourdad
06-28-2004, 7:42 PM
If they do, they should give points for repairing vehicles and healing allies.
I was so pissed having a lousy score when playing as an engineer in BF1942/Viet Nam when I was totally doing
helping everyone.
 imlittlev
06-28-2004, 9:33 PM
consoles: 16 players internet
32 players lan

pc: 32 players internet
64 players lan

I'd be nice if they'd have more than 32 players for internet servers on pc since they had 32 on siege servers in JK2.
the maps are undoubtfully going to be roomy. I enjoy huge scale battles.maybe....40 - 50 players?
that'd be GREAT!
 The-Stealth
06-29-2004, 1:00 AM
does any1 know if therers gunna be something like that in this game, like a parachute or something for jumpin out of fighters.
 Mountainforest
06-29-2004, 5:43 AM
Originally posted by The-Stealth
does any1 know if therers gunna be something like that in this game, like a parachute or something for jumpin out of fighters.

We know that support units (or pilots, medics, whatever you like to call them) will be able to survive a vehicle crash. I haven't heared anything about parachutes and I'm actually hoping pilots will be the only ones having them.
 The-Stealth
06-29-2004, 6:44 AM
yeh i hope they got em cuz i always fooled around in bf1942 by goin as high as i could and jump out onto a base with like 4 friends lol(heavy bomber baby!)
 TK-8252
06-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Weren't pilots originally going to have grappling hooks?
 Sgt. Cranky
06-29-2004, 1:10 PM
My hopes for this game:

1.Mods like BF1942 to keep the game fresh.
2. Massive space battles with loads of capital ships, and asteroid fields!
3. A decent scoring system as metioned above (I stink at close quarter combat, I am much better in support roles)
4. Interactive environments. I hate it when an opponent can hide inside a shack and survive when you plaster it with HE rounds (Like BF1942).
5. Good explosions, flying bodies (smoldering Ewok carcasses..yeah I'm a sick-o, hate them friggin' teddy bears!) wreckage/ bodies that stay and don't disappear.
 Mountainforest
06-29-2004, 2:05 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Weren't pilots originally going to have grappling hooks?

Yes, Rebel pilots would have a worms ninjarope cable, but they probably took that out along with the 6th class.
 PBF
06-29-2004, 6:18 PM
Man, you guys (and gals, I'm sure) have some wicked cool ideas. I particularly like Lt. Havoc's comments. Enjoy reading all of them, though.

I'm uninitiated when it comes to this type of game so I'm looking forwarding to learning on the fly...which brings me to the one thing I would like to see someday, if not in this game: space-borne battles with command of everything from the super star destroyers to the shuttle crafts. I know there are flying elements involved in SWB so that'll do for the time being.
 Splinter(nl)
07-01-2004, 9:04 AM
limited classes. all classes are limited except regular soldiers.
 Lord Tyreal
07-01-2004, 10:08 PM
I hope that for x box live their will be excellent download content like new planets new caracter classes and even new vechiles to drive.

and hopefully ranking boards showing the best player out their on x box
 ca_groovy
07-01-2004, 11:25 PM
I live in the vain hope that us poor peons with slow internet links will still be able to multiplay SWB (BF1942/Vietnam are bearable if you find a relatively local server that doesn't have too many people on it... decent cable internet is still waaaay too expensive in NZ).:mad:
 fuzzyfreaker
07-02-2004, 1:34 AM
oh yeah, poor NZ, but hey, you have the same amount of people we do and have 100 times more the space. (I'm talking about Singapore). But hey, we have cheap cable, it comes free with cable TV. And since it's a must to have cable here becuase otherwise you don't get any channels... everybody has cable. Anyway, back on topic,

I'm hoping that the console version will be every bit as good as the PC. So, when a good map or vehicle that somebody made is available on PC, lucasarts can put it on Xbox Live.

GO KIWIS!!!
 TheBatMan
07-05-2004, 8:40 PM
Ok since I have actually refused to play my PS2 until sept when this game comes out let me tell you all the wonderful things I wish for

1) That the lag not suck. LAG SUCKS!! That is the most frustrating crap in the world man.

2) I hope there is some kind of training room setup for clans to train where you can all hear even though your different factions. So that you can really train together and get used to each other.

3) DARTH MAUL

4) I wish that when your the last person left on multiplayer that you could hear your heart beating fast, just softly over the headset.

5) Would be nice if the star wars catch phrases jumped in there if you do real well. Like if you get 5 kills in a round you hear Han say don't get cocky kid. Or if your really suckin you could hear Yoda say to be trained in the way of the force he is not. Things like that

6) One on one mini games. Lets say your waiting to jump into a clan war right, you been here before your in a clan with ten and everyone is on. Well wouldn't it be tight if you and one of those guys could jump into a mini game of x-wing vs tie fighter, or land speeder races, or my personal favorite pick off the ewoks.

7) If the emperials call in Darth Vader and your the last to die. He should run up on you and choke the living crap outa you with the force.

8) Utilize the HDD for the PS2 I bought the thing in hopes of better games because of it so PLEASE USE IT!!!!

9) A clear point system. We really do care about rank. We say we don't but man oh man the hard core gamers really do!

10) No choppy game play!

Thats my wish list
 Nevhision
07-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by TheBatMan
5) Would be nice if the star wars catch phrases jumped in there if you do real well. Like if you get 5 kills in a round you hear Han say don't get cocky kid. Or if your really suckin you could hear Yoda say to be trained in the way of the force he is not. Things like that

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anything but that? If you're going to play this game for hours on end, those "catch phrases" will get anoying.
 fuzzyfreaker
07-06-2004, 12:50 AM
true. It'd be like, Don't get cocky Don't get cocky ARGH!!!
 major-dump
07-09-2004, 7:43 PM
the main thing i want is cross platform capability what was rumored to be in this game it would be great to play people on xbox and ps2 with my comp
 THE BADGER:
07-12-2004, 8:35 AM
My wish list is simple. i am guessing this game will be close to SOCOM 2 , so here is the problems I don't want to see.

1. The most important. NO LAG. I know you can't get rid of all of it, but most of it would be great.

2. If we are gonna have all these great vehicles than don't make the whole map lag when someone is shooting from them. Some weapons made SOCOM 2 lag real bad.

3. Have some downloads for the HDD in a timely manner. Not like SOCOM 2 when they promise new maps and guns but just don't know when. I bought this thing and can't really use it.

4. Be strict on cheaters and glitichers. One offence and your out.

5. I'm guessing the point system will be like SOCOM 2. So thats ok. Just use the KISS rule. Keep it simple.

6. Have more than just 8 vs.8. Like on S2. I want to see a battle. With soldiers all over the place. AI's ok. I just want alot of things to shoot at. LOL

7. My prediction is that this game will be the best game of 2004. I have already grown tired of SOCOM 2 waiting for this game to come out.

8. I really don't care what characters they have, It' would be impossible to put them all in. Along with the vehicles to. I just want to drive a AT-ST and slaughter some ewocks. LOL

9. And don't release the game until all the bug are out. I would rather wait a little longer and have a game that don't suck. Ya know.
 Craftsman
07-13-2004, 9:06 AM
Originally posted by THE BADGER:
My wish list is simple. i am guessing this game will be close to SOCOM 2 , so here is the problems I don't want to see.

1. The most important. NO LAG. I know you can't get rid of all of it, but most of it would be great.

2. If we are gonna have all these great vehicles than don't make the whole map lag when someone is shooting from them. Some weapons made SOCOM 2 lag real bad.

3. Have some downloads for the HDD in a timely manner. Not like SOCOM 2 when they promise new maps and guns but just don't know when. I bought this thing and can't really use it.

4. Be strict on cheaters and glitichers. One offence and your out.

5. I'm guessing the point system will be like SOCOM 2. So thats ok. Just use the KISS rule. Keep it simple.

6. Have more than just 8 vs.8. Like on S2. I want to see a battle. With soldiers all over the place. AI's ok. I just want alot of things to shoot at. LOL

7. My prediction is that this game will be the best game of 2004. I have already grown tired of SOCOM 2 waiting for this game to come out.

8. I really don't care what characters they have, It' would be impossible to put them all in. Along with the vehicles to. I just want to drive a AT-ST and slaughter some ewocks. LOL

9. And don't release the game until all the bug are out. I would rather wait a little longer and have a game that don't suck. Ya know.

1) Well if there everyone has a 256k connection or higher things would go very nicely.

2) Yeah. But the devs have said extensive testing has taken place to fix such problems.

3) PC will get MODS ect but Lucasars will put in some exclusive stuff for you console gamers.

4) Agreed

5) Yeh. Points is important for me. You can really see how well you mathc up against others.

6) If its to small than it can get tiresome although a good game of sniper vs sniper can takespace.

7) Agreed

8) I dont care much for special apperances.

9) True.
 MaximumMayhem
07-13-2004, 11:23 AM
I'll start with some kudos. Some very interesting points were brought up by everyone. Well done.

I will be personally upgrading to a broadband connection, aswell as getting a new graphics card just for this title.

My wishlist revolves around a few game mechanics themselves...

Something that the game most certainly needs to be successful is a solid networking code. Seeing as the online feature is what Battlefront will be all about; it is imperative that gameplay must be efficient, optimal and smooth.

One game that has impressed me with it's networking code is Unreal Tournament 2004. I am currently on 56k and can play online perfectly. If there is any lag, it is so slight to the point where it does little to affect my performance ingame. This impressed the hell out of me.

Another important feature is the addition of a friendly, inbuilt server browser. Being the player's connection to FUN, it is of utmost importance that the browser is faultless and efficient. I've had numerous bouts of trouble with the server browsers found in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy which ultimately turned me off the MP aspect over time. No huge problem as it was the SP experience I was after.

However, Raven isnt in charge here, so we'll consider it a blessing in that department, shall we?

Its great to know that voice chat is to be included ingame. Great news indeed. I will again refer to Unreal Tournament 2004 here because it has honestly raised the benchmark regarding voice chat ingame.

Im not sure what client Epic used, but voice on UT2004 is crystal clear with absolutely no distortion whatsoever. In such team oriented gaming, this 'tool' is a backbone ingredient to victory if used properly. Not to mention it adding amazing amounts of enjoyment to the game aswell.

There's nothing better than assisting each other through voice. Playing those Onslaught maps, I nearly felt like I was in the Clone Wars; co-ordinating attacks with my troopers ;)

Firstly, *stands up*.. yes, I admit I have a problem. Im a Clone Wars nut.

That's why my final request is for you boys and girls in sound to pay close attention to the voices of the numerous characters. Namely the Clone Troopers. They must have New Zealand accents as they did in AotC. Why? Its like giving Darth Vader a yellow lightsaber. Its just that important!

The microseries on Cartoon Network was brilliant, but the fact that the Troopers were speaking with American accents just destroyed me. Its all a part of the overall atmosphere.

Galactic Battlegrounds pulled it off well.

If this isnt included, then I will be absolutely shattered :(

Please include them! I implore you with open arms!!!

Thanks for your time. Only 10 weeks and 1 day!!!

But who's counting right? ;)

Best Regards
- Steve
 Stingray
07-13-2004, 1:28 PM
I know this topic isn't really the place, but it's not worth to make a new topic for only one question and answer:

concerning the voice chat, are you postive they mean actually using the microphones to talk to eachother? Perhaps they mean some pre-programmed exclamations such as "I need back-up!" or "Follow me!".

it wouldn't be the first time that is called voice-chat. So could someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Sting
 ShadowMarth03
07-13-2004, 8:30 PM
Obviously the most prevailant wanted feature is mods, expansions, and updates. New maps sometimes, such things as these.
 THE BADGER:
07-13-2004, 8:41 PM
No it will have real-time voice chat. You can't play a online team game without the abillity to talk to one another. I can't stand people who play SOCOM 2 online without a mic. Thay run over my mines when I tell them where they are. Ahhhh!:mad:

No but it will have real voice chat!
 ShadowMarth03
07-14-2004, 6:22 PM
I'm getting a new headset for this... I've never done this type of game on PC, do you guys suggest a controller of any type?
Page: 3 of 5