Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Demo Trailer

Page: 1 of 1
 Ackehallgren
01-18-2004, 6:31 PM
Oh... My... God...

I LOVE YOU GUYS

THIS TRAILER WAS AWESOME!

Ideas for a second trailer:

Would it be possible to add some external camera clips?

I dont mean from behind, but if one made the level(s) as multiplayer levels, one could walk around shooting(or sumethin) and someone else walk around as a spectator, getting real cool shots of Kyle...!

And maybe (at least a part of) the DF theme music in the background? :)

Just ideas
 The Count
01-18-2004, 6:41 PM
I concur; the trailer was pretty cool; I liked the architecture of the of Tak base; however I really dispised the Cartoony look of the Thermal Detonator (Especially the hand) I felt it looked like something out of Futurama; other than Top work :thmbup1: and I really liked the bryar pistol it looked ace.

Glad to see you guys are doing some great work.
 The_One
01-18-2004, 7:35 PM
That's the only trailer you're getting before the second demo ;) It's just to proove that it's on its way, and to stir up a bit of hype before...

On the thermal detonator, I didn't think it looked cartoony - I think it's maybe the resolution of the trailer. I'll take a screenshot so you can have a closer look if you want.
 The Count
01-18-2004, 8:53 PM
Yeah that would be great actually; Thanks! BTW I dld. the Big trailer; maybe it was something with the resolution and also I thought it looked pretty big aswell.
 Ackehallgren
01-18-2004, 9:28 PM
Originally posted by The_One
That's the only trailer you're getting before the second demo ;) It's just to proove that it's on its way, and to stir up a bit of hype before...

Yeah but i meant for the (eventual?) "Final Trailer" for the whole mod ;)
 michael_collins
01-18-2004, 10:19 PM
I agree with the detonator but it sorta adds to the vintage feel of the original, btw were those hapslash's stormies?
 TK-8252
01-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by michael_collins
btw were those hapslash's stormies? No. Those were in the 1.1 patch for the original demo. I think the chin area looks a little silly on that new Stormtrooper model. :p

I loved the trailer! :D
 fresco
01-19-2004, 5:21 PM
Just watched it - AWESOME :cool:
I like the look of the detonator, but why is there no 'throw'-animation when you throw a detonator? Isn't that possible? I know, in JO & JA there wasn't a 'throw'-animation either, but it looks a bit dumb to me...
Anyway, great work on the levels, textures and alle the other stuff :)
 The_One
01-19-2004, 6:15 PM
As promised, here's the high res. Thermal Detonator screenshot:

http://darkforces.jediknight.net/rich/thermal_det.jpg)

With regard the "throw" animation - it wasn't present in JO or JA, so I'm guessing Raven must have had a crack at getting it to work - and failed. Maybe one of the other team members would be able to shed more light on it...?
 Fracman
01-19-2004, 7:00 PM
Btw. the arm was taken from a modeller. No, he did not cut it by mistake while modelling a lasersword :D
The image simply went thru several steps of image processing. You'd have to watch it in game, then its fine. :p
 SlicerDude
01-19-2004, 9:38 PM
Wow, that looks great! (the game, as judging from the trailer)
Now I really need to go out and buy JA.:)

One question: will there be dianogas in the mod? (in the demo or the final release) I realize this would be quite difficult to implement, but it'd also be really cool.

Okay, I just thought of another question: Whose music was that in the trailer, Lundquist's or Benevolence's?
 Benevolence
01-19-2004, 10:13 PM
It is one of my renditions. Still being tweaked ;) .
 The_One
01-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Benevolence
It is one of my renditions. Still being tweaked ;) .

By the way, that was the re-done version you uploaded to the Team FTP the other day in the trailer - just incase you didn't notice :p

Fight6a - for those interested - was the track used. I cut the tune up a bit, but that was the only track used.
 Salv
01-20-2004, 4:03 PM
I used a scan of my own arm to make the skin :D
 Mullaney
01-21-2004, 2:42 AM
That rocked.

The music was intensley better than I thought it would be. I totally forgot that there was a trailer being made for the second demo, so it was real cool to see this. I just wish there was a little Jan in it.
 Katarn07
01-21-2004, 8:20 PM
Hrm, I am not capable to run .avi files to my knowledge so I'm pissed I can't see this. Any chance if you do make another trailer, it'd be in .mpeg or is that a bigger download? Meh, whatever, if possible please do it and if not forget I asked. I'd love to see the mod in action.

That TD looks really great, almost straight outta DF only somehow better ;)
 SlicerDude
01-22-2004, 12:58 AM
Katarn07: Do you have Windows Media Player? It plays .avi files, although you may need to download the codec like it says below the link to the trailer.

Warning: pointless, geeky rambling follows:)

I used the DivX player myself, but only because I already had it installed. Now I know why my version of WMP plays some but not all DivX files: it must have an older codec from when I originally installed DivX that didn't get upgraded when I upgraded DivX's movie player. I find it interesting that used the almost abandoned .avi extension, but maybe it's a modification of that format.
 Katarn07
01-22-2004, 2:18 PM
I have WMP but upon downloading, it tried to automatically open it up with Quicktime which gave me an error message that it could not run it and the component needed to run it was nto available for Quicktime.
 The_One
01-22-2004, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I have WMP but upon downloading, it tried to automatically open it up with Quicktime which gave me an error message that it could not run it and the component needed to run it was nto available for Quicktime.

1. Make sure you have the DIVX codec that I said you need to have - link and info is under the trailer download link.

2. Right click on the trailer file and set "Open with" to Windows Media Player.

3. Failing that, open WMP yourself and File>Open the trailer.
 Katarn07
01-23-2004, 2:22 AM
Odd, I had to resort to that last option :confused:

Thanks for your help. No sound but I doubt there was anything special save for the music in it. I really enjoyed seeing Tak and Anoat as seen in the demo. The Gran part was very exciting to see even though both JO and JA are full of them. Keep up the good work, hope to see another trailer when you guys get more levels done and you got the time ;)
 EnforcerSG
01-23-2004, 7:58 PM
Although large for a 56k connection, this codec pack has many (if not every used) codec for audio and video used today.

Nimo Codec Pack (http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/2/2/11-2-2-12.shtml)

Hope it helps.

BTW, great work on the trailer. I really can't wait to see the mod. I wish I was a better mapper or coder so I could help.
 The Count
01-23-2004, 10:19 PM
I remember Dark Forces being crammed with enemies; however the demo didn't seem to have loads; is this purely for show perhaps?
 Lundquist
01-24-2004, 9:33 AM
Oh great! Like I wasn't anticipating this mod enough as it is, now you go and wet my appetite with this trailer:D
 Jedi Luke
02-02-2004, 6:53 AM
Nice trailer guys! Nicely put together and constructed. Hey Rich, during my boring school time I put together a couple of Icarus scripting tutorials (more will come when another boring theory lesson comes and when my tutor is talking gibberish). I'll upload em to the FTP in html format with the images. Do you want em? Or would you prefer to wait for more?
 SlicerDude
02-02-2004, 11:19 PM
So, any estimates for the time until the demo arrives?

Hopefully I'll have gotten JA by then. (I'll probably get around to that soon--I got two copies of Railroad Tycoon 3 for Christmas, and I'm going to trade in the extra one for JA.)
 -ST-i_stinks
02-11-2004, 6:39 AM
nice trailer :) and ah.... when i watched the trailer i wished more ways of attacking your enemies are shown rather than just repeated scene of shooting :) and also more third person mode shooting. plus a scene of getting killed?

nice work! =)

:D :D :) :atat: :
Page: 1 of 1