Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The new version of bespin map/Night Bespin 2310ad

Page: 1 of 1
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 2:17 PM
This is a must have map for you guys who love bespin but wanted a new fresh look with cool music ,,,its awesome
its now night time and it actually feels like it,,,and more room for duels with another pad added allso some sweet lights.
Ive made this just to have an alteration on the original we have been useing it on are server for a while now and the people who got it from are site all love it so hopefully you guys will

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3657/)

the screenshot looks a little dark but thats cos i messed with them early when on another map

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/4214/shot0004.jpg)
 way
01-01-2004, 3:05 PM
hmm... I'm going to download it:D

btw: Doesn't it fit better to the Showcase-Forum ?;)
 way
01-01-2004, 3:06 PM
sry :( for the second post
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 3:36 PM
aye ,,lol i never noticed that forum ,,,ive just posted it there lol
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 3:37 PM
aye ,,lol i never noticed that forum ,,,ive just posted it there lol
 gotcha8903
01-01-2004, 6:32 PM
why is lucasforums so slow lately when submitting a reply? im guessing why almost everyone has had a double post
 V.Engineer
01-01-2004, 7:43 PM
hehe i noticed that 2 lol all adds for da post count lol
 at90s2313
01-05-2004, 7:35 PM
I talked with you on the server the other day and you told me how to fix the light texture error on the Rift Sanctuary map when your maps PK3 file is in the base folder. I know our server is set to pure 0. What fixes the issue?? I could have sworn you told me to set the server to pure 0......

Thanks for your help... LOVE the modded map! Can't wait for future updates.....
 V.Engineer
01-05-2004, 8:15 PM
you mean sv_pure 0 ? .
Im still going on my first guess its something you have in your base folder, i got my textures messed up when i all the assets extracted ,do know how but it did.
 V.Engineer
01-05-2004, 8:15 PM
edit 2 post
 at90s2313
01-06-2004, 5:55 PM
when I remove the bespin map you modded the problem goes away with the Rift Sanctuary. Weird. I will continue to look over what I have in my base folder. I will let you know of my find. Several other members and visitors have reported the problem when on the Rift map and the have the same maps I do....
 V.Engineer
01-06-2004, 7:58 PM
very weird,, tested all the maps before i released it to make sure everything was ok and i havent had any other reports as of yet,,ill have to do a bit of searching around
 at90s2313
01-07-2004, 1:37 PM
to be more specific the problem I get is squares around the lights in Rift, with loss of detail in the lights. Hope this helps. I am going to put your map on a machine with a fresh install of JA.... This will tell me real fast if I am on the right track... Who knows maybe your map and another 3rd party map don't like each other....

Thanks for being kind enough to help out...:D
 at90s2313
01-07-2004, 7:17 PM
here is a link to a picture of the problem. I removed ALL PK3 files except the asset files and the bespin2310 map...same issue with Rift.....
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v30/at90s2313/light.jpg)
 V.Engineer
01-07-2004, 8:16 PM
ahhh ive had that probblem since i installed jka ,,i know for certain its not the ma map because i had the probblem long before,i even removed all my pk3,s i added and still it didnt work, i have to admit im totaly stuk on this man ,im still looking for a solution myself lol.
 Torchy
01-07-2004, 8:46 PM
its cos u have a flares shader in the pk3 which just messes up all the raven maps which use flares that arent in your shader
 at90s2313
01-08-2004, 12:24 AM
weird, I remove the bespin map and the problem goes away.......

I will retest this on a machine with a fresh vanilla install of JA tomorrow. We have about 75 new PCs still unopened at work..... (2.6ghz WOOHOO). Gotta love those lunchtime battles with your co-workers.......

Will report back...thanks...
 lauser
01-17-2004, 8:57 PM
Again Mr. ENGINEER.....I'm going to be nice here because I'm sure I've annoyed you enough with all my negative comments thus far. Take out all the files that are UNnecessary for the bespin maps. This INCLUDES effects files!! They are NOT NEEDED!!

Everone wants to know ....How do I stop the RIFT map from doing that?.....UGH...I guess I'll have to explain it then. It's REAL simple see.....RENAME is the big word for today. RENAMING files so that they will work is the ONLY solution. How do I do that you say?

Take out the BESPIN shaders for the darn FLARES and MAKE your OWN shader file. Just name it something different. Also you will have to take the texture files for the flares and put them in your CUSTOM texture folder.

See how easy? Just playin' with ya man.... ;)

But TORCHY had it right. Ths is just the solution.
Page: 1 of 1