Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Taking screenshots for maps

Page: 1 of 1
 Chewie Bakker
12-20-2003, 6:48 AM
I've made a (very) basic duel level and I'm trying to take a screenshot so I can PK3 it all up.

I've used the old JK2 trick of using the commands
Bind O Screenshot
NoClip
cg_draw2D 0
so that I can move to a position that I want to take a screenshot and to make the HUD and sight disappear. I go up to a nice position, press "P" to make it go to 1st person view and ...

...nothing happens: There's still my character's boof head blocking the perfect view of my little duel map.

Has anyone found a way to overcome this? I looked for threads regarding this but couldn't find any so made this one.

If anyone knows of another way, please reply to this thread and let me know.

:gben: (http://www.map-center.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1537) The Force will be with you, always.
 unraveled
12-20-2003, 9:40 AM
make your screenshot as a spectator. that would be the easy way

or use the command cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0 and move the player out of the way. use cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.3 to come back to normal 3rd person mode.
 Chewie Bakker
12-26-2003, 6:53 AM
I just decided to open the game in MP and choose specate.

Was very funny going into SP, spawning a couple of bad guys and trying to take them out while the camera's locked. :lol:

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.
 Andy867
12-30-2003, 6:21 AM
I always use
bind mouse3 screenshot silent
and spectator mode is NOT efficient enough for most levels since it will most likely bring you to a spot that would not work... So stay in player mode, have a gun ready and just use cg_Drawgun 0 which will not draw the gun, and then use noclip, and find a spot to take the picture and take it. and dont forget to use cg_draw2d 0
 Chewie Bakker
12-30-2003, 8:17 AM
I'll give that a go too, Andy867.

Thanks for your help.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.
Page: 1 of 1