Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enchanced idea -- the hidden weapons/other stuff

Page: 1 of 1
 Teancum
12-18-2003, 8:13 AM
The bryar pistol, tusken rifle, etc. Any and all that can be coded so they actually work once you switch away/switch back (the bryar being the first one) would be great.

I'm currently compiling a large pk3 of available SP heads/races. I'm keeping it fairly true and am not adding things like stormtroopers, etc. So far I have about 5 new heads for Human Female, 1 or 2 Human Male heads (have others, but they aren't very good), Chiss Male and Female races, more Rodian faces. I have to work the bugs out, of course, and contact the authors, but I though this would be a great addition to basic, as it's a real bang-for-your-buck. Lots of skins, small file size. I am also working on getting the Jedi/J2 skin ready for MP.
 razorace
12-18-2003, 9:42 AM
We will see. I haven't actually encountered them yet and there's the issue of mappers having to support them to ever see them in the game outside of cheat mode.
 GothiX
12-18-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm willing to include them in my maps, for starters..
 Wudan
12-18-2003, 5:34 PM
It actually doesn't matter what the mappers want in there - if necessary, you can code in support for entity placements independently of the BSP.
 razorace
12-18-2003, 7:08 PM
Originally posted by Wudan
It actually doesn't matter what the mappers want in there - if necessary, you can code in support for entity placements independently of the BSP.

That would be a huge pain in the ass for two weapons. :P
 Teancum
12-19-2003, 9:31 PM
I'm not sure how seige works, but I was thinking of these weapons mostly for it. That way each class can be assigned weapons. In reality, all I want is to make it so a player can be assigned a hidden weapon (bryar inparticular) and have it be bindable to a key.
 Marker0077
12-19-2003, 11:51 PM
There's a few different ways of making this happen. With what you have in mind there should be a tattooine map & the tusken raider class would obviously use their 2 weapons (rifle & gaffi).

Another way is you could make a client side mod out of it which I probably will for CM.

The best way is to do this is via custom weapon classes. For more info on that checkout http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120135).

Take your pick I suppose.
 Kurgan
12-20-2003, 1:52 PM
No stormtroopers? "Fairly true"?

I guess you haven't been watching the "Clone Wars" animated series... *nitpick*
 [ONE]Mushroom
12-20-2003, 3:12 PM
Originally posted by Wudan
Gee, you make it sound easy :)

I've started looking for a way to load arbitrary entities to spawn from a text file into an arbitrary map. I want this particularly for info_jedimaster_start for my Jedi Master mod, and also for a few other things useful in balancing a map for JM (e.g. sentries to counter Mind Trick).

If I can figure out how to do this, I'll happily share it with OJP.

The only work I've found so far in this direction is: (for Quake 2 though)

http://www.quake2.com/dll/tutorials/gbtut3.html)

I've not decided yet whether to submit the rest of the work I'm doing.

Of course, it's Christmas now, so it'll probably have to wait.
 razorace
12-20-2003, 5:36 PM
That would be great.

I don't think I mentioned this before in this thread, but we're not going to put size intensive stuff (like skins) into Basic. Skins go into the Skins pack.
 Teancum
12-21-2003, 8:36 AM
Ya I guess I should've specified that the skins I have will be for the skins pack. The other thing that I thought I might do to contribute is make the 'hidden' skins (cept maybe the Jawa) available in MP, with icons and maybe CTF support.
 razorace
12-21-2003, 5:08 PM
Well, if you're simply doing icons for existing basejka models, we can put them into Basic. However, if it includes teams support it would need to go into the Skins pack because of the additional textures and their size.
 Wudan
12-21-2003, 7:17 PM
Put it in skins, it'd make more sense.
Page: 1 of 1