Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Attack Of The Clones TC Screenshot Spectacular

Page: 2 of 3
 DarkLord60
01-29-2004, 3:12 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
It looks ok but I think it looks alittle bit too cartoonish.

Its for the clone wars cartoon TC
 Darth NeoVenom
01-29-2004, 3:39 PM
For what game this mod is available for? JO or JA or both?
 DarkLord60
01-29-2004, 5:21 PM
AOTCTC - JA
Clone Wars - JA
 Nkenobi
01-29-2004, 6:02 PM
Nice job :)
 Darth NeoVenom
01-29-2004, 6:38 PM
(sighs) So I have to get Jedi Academy.....
 Archonon
01-29-2004, 8:22 PM
Great stuff you guys! As much as I really like all of your model releases, I was wondering from the pics in the initial post if there has been any progress whatsoever with Coruscant. I'm dying to find a good and large Coruscant map to play with. FFA Coruscant (where your skybox is from) is fantastic but you are pretty limited to one building (the sorrounding accessible buildings are small and have little inside) plus in JA the map has no sounds. Any chance to be seeing your Coruscant sometime soon? I like the idea of dueling in the streets like a large version of Coruscant Promenade.

On a separate question what ever happened to your Kamino map?

Thanks
 zERoCooL2479
01-29-2004, 9:58 PM
I'm so pumped up for this mod...Unique1 and I have been pooring nights and days into the coding this past week...It's gonna rock!!
 DarkLord60
01-30-2004, 1:24 AM
Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom
(sighs) So I have to get Jedi Academy.....

Afraid So.
 Darth NeoVenom
01-30-2004, 11:17 AM
When this mod was first in progress,was it intended for JO? Just curious. :D
 Casper
01-30-2004, 2:51 PM
Duh....... LOL
 Darth NeoVenom
01-30-2004, 4:23 PM
Not everyone knows everything in the world, that's why I'm asking.
 Anakin
01-30-2004, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom
When this mod was first in progress,was it intended for JO? Just curious. :D

Attack Of The Clones TC was started Feb Last year

Clone Wars Project was started Last November
 tFighterPilot
01-30-2004, 7:19 PM
Why does the Screenshots button, in the clone wars site, leads to the staff page, which doesn't even exist?
 Anakin
01-30-2004, 7:31 PM
Major problems with the clone wars site at the moment, but im moving servers over the weekend and I will be fixing things acordingly.
 Zappa_0
01-30-2004, 9:50 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Its for the clone wars cartoon TC

Duh, of course its for the Clone Wars TC! I was just saying it looks too cartoonish for a regular ole game of JA/JO. I hope you plan to do a regular version of the villians Durge and Asajj Ventress. Those would probally be the TC's most popular models.
 DarkLord60
01-31-2004, 7:22 PM
Dont get that tone with me lol
 wedge2211
01-31-2004, 8:23 PM
I want to see an in-game screenie of the cell-shaded Obi-Wan in a cell-shaded map, fighting cell-shaded enemies. :)
 DarkLord60
02-01-2004, 5:39 AM
Thats going to be awhile since we just started. LoL just relax we'll get some up soon. Now we got Echoman on our team we can roll out some more cell shaded maps.
 Casper
02-03-2004, 11:48 PM
ATTENTION K-MART SHOPPERS!

Please ignore the dumb post that was posted in this post 15 minutes ago.

Thank you:D
 DarkLord60
02-03-2004, 11:57 PM
well see about that your not even on the team not to be rude but its the truth.
 DarkLord60
02-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Casper your only hurting the TC
 ksk h2o
02-04-2004, 4:57 PM
Damn I thought I had posted in this thread....

anyways, wanted to say that the cell shaded obi looked GREAT (while the screenshot lasted).

Is there a way you guys could le tme know how you got that effect working? I could try and use the cell shading effect in some skins with the proper coding tutorial credit of course. =P
 GothiX
02-04-2004, 7:59 PM
Copy the mesh, invert it, scale it a little bit bigger than the model itself, and skin it totally black.

EDIT: My left hand was one row to the right, and I didn't notice! Yikes..
 ksk h2o
02-05-2004, 11:27 AM
hmm, yea I guess that would allow for the nice thick borders....

but what about the actual skin of the existing model... does that stay as is?

I think this will have a LOT to do with how you segment/partition your mesh. If you want a seperate object for everywhere you want borders, that would probably be a lot of objects and sub objects lying around.
 GothiX
02-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Actually, that's just a skin, for as far as I know.
 zERoCooL2479
02-09-2004, 10:20 PM
OMFG THIS pwnz0rz!!!111one!1shiftone

:D
 Anakin
02-13-2004, 2:16 PM
 zERoCooL2479
02-21-2004, 1:21 PM
We are shooting for a Demo release date on March 5, 2004. Be on the lookout for the most anticipated mod since the start of Jedi Outcast...hehe

Cheers!
-c1
 Zappa_0
02-21-2004, 3:52 PM
Interesting....
 tFighterPilot
02-21-2004, 4:59 PM
Wait a sec, march 5th is a half a month from now!
 DarkLord60
02-22-2004, 7:03 PM
Originally posted by tFighterPilot
Wait a sec, march 5th is a half a month from now!

sure is
 The Cheat
02-22-2004, 8:14 PM
awesome, that would be the best birthday present

(well that and the unaltered original trilogy on dvd but at least i get one of them)
 Zappa_0
02-22-2004, 10:35 PM
12 days to be exact....
 IG-64
02-23-2004, 8:12 AM
dang... nice.

I made a Mr. Game & Watch model but I couldn't convert it from XSI (or something like that) to GLM, I ran assimilate and it screwed up a thousand times, and I got confoosered. Getting that Mr. G model to work would be cool, and having a white outline would be even better.

ah, well, I already have my custom all-black shadowtrooper skin for a Mr. G excuse...

Maybe I can ask for help in the modelling forum
 zERoCooL2479
03-09-2004, 3:18 AM
Site is back up so it will be coming soon. The down time caused a huge delay in our communication. Stay Tuned.

-Mike
 Zappa_0
03-09-2004, 3:36 AM
Hmmm didnt know the site was down. It has been working fine for me. Hopefully you all can get that Demo out that everybody is really looking forward to.
 Anakin
03-13-2004, 10:43 PM
the problem is just like that not enough people visit the site and the forums, if they visited there on a little more regularly you would see the amount of work we have done instead of reading titbits all the time, this is not directed at you BTW, just everyone. :P
 razorace
03-14-2004, 2:22 AM
Uh, beyond a few screenshots and a sparsely used (at least publically) forums, there's really not that much on the site other than fluff.

I have yet to hear exactly what the mod does beyond some sort of team based game thingy.
 ace_rogue1
03-14-2004, 4:56 AM
well its been 9 days since the AOTC:TC demo was supposed to be released...i recommend not releasing dates on anything unless you are going to follow through with it
of course i still think we'll get a demo, as the team wouldnt do so much work for nothing
and anakin more people would visit the site if it actually got updates that did more than say thing like "forums are down", "forums are up"
...and if the site said "demo released" :D
 Alegis
03-14-2004, 7:03 AM
i agree, look at some pages back in the asteroids thread how mad everyone was because they kept on giving bad release dates, first end xmas, then mid january etc..
 Mercenary
03-14-2004, 7:41 AM
It always takes longer than you anticipate to finish any kind of editing especially a project of this size.
 Anakin
03-14-2004, 7:54 AM
If you read back a few pages you will see that we had to delay because of the server change and the forums blowing up on us. That couldnt of been helped.

Razor - You have always had something agaist this TC and Me, please leave it alone. The reason the forums havent got that much on at the moment is because Im trying to get them back to 'normal' and I have to say its the first time I have ever seen you on there until Drew applied for CGI Guy.

Anyhow back to the main thread.

The demo will be released soon the code and everything is sorted, the only thing we are waiting on are the new graphics for the HUD etc and the Maps to be tidied and a few big spiders to be squished out. Thats about it, apologies for those of you who were expecting it out now, but the site move really messed everything up.

Anakin
 razorace
03-14-2004, 9:10 AM
Originally posted by Anakin
If you read back a few pages you will see that we had to delay because of the server change and the forums blowing up on us. That couldnt of been helped.

Actually posting a news item on your website would probably help clear up the confusion.

Razor - You have always had something agaist this TC and Me, please leave it alone. The reason the forums havent got that much on at the moment is because Im trying to get them back to 'normal' and I have to say its the first time I have ever seen you on there until Drew applied for CGI Guy.

I've kept the eye on the AotC TC forums from time to time ever since AotCTC was formed. I beleive I've even posted a couple times back before one of the numberous server changes.

There's just not much activity there to draw people in. There's no design discussion or revealing of features/ideas dispite the fact that the project has absorbed how many projects now? 3? (Forcemod, Promod, Clone Wars)

As for my issue with the TC, it's like this. I don't have a problem with you personally, it's just the way the TC has been handled for the past year and a half.

[brutal honesty]I've seen the project chew up and spit out at least two of the most promenent codders in the community and god knows how many modellers and mappers.

I've yet to see a clear definition of the project beyond "team based/SP/MP AOTC!! for jk2....I mean jk2/jka....I mean jka....I mean MP only" since ever, and this is after talking to the people who are supposedly coding the bloody thing.

And after all this time of hyping the TC using E2's title name, what have we gotten out of this? Some pretty screenshots and a couple of models.

Sure, some progress has been made lately, but that seems to be mainly due to Unique coming in and basically turning the TC into AImod with AotC maps/models. And then you degrade his contribution by promoting someone who didn't do jack for the project until Unique started chompin' at the bit.

As such, I beleive the project has been a organizational nightmare since the beginning. Its overhyping and drain of creative manpower has hurt the community as a whole.

And why am I complaining about this instead of just keeping my trap shut? Because I think we as a community can do better than this. We can. Really.

If we set aside our petty egos and creative issues (including our particular differences) we could actually get some cooperation going and everyone would benefit.[/brutal honesty]

Hell, I'm going to do something about this. I've already had moderate success with OJP but it needs to go farther. I'll be contacting the AotCTC team shortly.
 Zappa_0
03-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Yea, I agree with razorace. You all havent got much on the site, saying nothing much of what is in the TC. You have maybe around 30 screenshots of a few models and maps. I dont think you can use your server issuse's excuse anymore. If you really wanted to you could have already had alot of details of what exactly the TC is suppose to do, what it has, and what to expect from it. Maybe while you wait for your coders to finish, maybe you can vamp up the site to get it ready for the big demo that we have been hearing about.
 Thrawn42689
03-14-2004, 3:38 PM
Yeah, it is a little light on media. However, I know from personal experience how annoying it is to have to get screenshots of every little thing. :p
 ronbrothers
03-16-2004, 2:44 AM
I seriously hate to pile on here, Anakin, but these guys really do have a point, especially where pr is concerned. You asked if people would donate money for the site's upkeep. I sent you an email on March 4 asking you how much you were looking for. While you did publicly clarify that you were looking for "a MAX of $6/7 from a few people", you never responded to me personally. I noticed only 8 comments in the forums responding with only 2 being affirmative and the others being negative. Those 2 comments were mine.

Again, I quote my post:

"Perhaps instead of asking of people would pay for the mod, you should rephrase it to would some donate to support the release of the mod. I, for one, have enjoyed hours of play with models and maps made by others, but have not contributed any myself. I lack skill and means. I'd be happy to donate in my way of giving back and supporting what promises to be fine work by you guys."

I might very well be willing to donate quite a bit more. But I'm still waiting for some kind of indication what it would take to make it possible to add more disk space and bandwidth.
 Anakin
03-16-2004, 8:19 AM
Apologies for the lack of response there.

Ok PR has slipped down a lot and im tring to get back onto it, but in all honesty, how many other TC's or Mods have better PR than us?

So as a good will gesture how about you start your drool bags on this;

http://www.aotctc.com/forums/files/wholecity.jpg)
 Zappa_0
03-16-2004, 9:42 AM
Nice.
 Anakin
03-17-2004, 7:23 AM
 tFighterPilot
03-17-2004, 10:08 AM
It doesn't look very FPS friendly, but I might be wrong
Page: 2 of 3