Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

character editor

Page: 1 of 1
 RenegadeCloud
12-16-2003, 10:54 PM
hi,

i wonder, is there any way to edit the character stats without resorting to hex editing. an program would be the most preferable. i don't wanna cheat, it's just that i made some ill choices during lvl up before i got familiar with the level system, and rather than starting over, i'd want to just rearrange my points a little.

thanks

btw, i'm talking about referring to kotor =)
 Prime
12-17-2003, 6:16 PM
I know you said you don't want to cheat, but I would say that that is probably the easiest way by far. I don't think there is currently an editor...
 TMPhoenix
12-17-2003, 9:56 PM
Well I've been looking into editing the savegames using the tools for Neverwinter Nights, and it seems quite promising. :)

I'm able to open the savegame files with the example erfeditor found in the developers section of the NWN website, and it seems possible to extract and import files. (although you could probably also use the NWNExplorer found on the NWVault)

I've also been able to look at the UTC files (which contain the information about the characters) using a gff-editor (there's one
in the developers section, and I believe the author of NWNExplorer also made one, also available on NWVault).

I'll try some more tomorrow maybe, but I think it looks good, although it might take some time figuring out which number goes with which skill/feat/power/class...

- TMPhoenix
 S0LAR
12-17-2003, 9:59 PM
yes, you can adjust poorly chosen attributes thru cheating, but that doesn't allow to change feats (I wasted two of them in melle focus/specialization before I ever realized I'd need lightsaber focus/specialization once I Jedi'ed).

and besides, you get that horrible "cheat used" tag on the savegame screenshots...
 The Devanstator
12-27-2003, 4:31 AM
I've got just the thing for you. I wrote an application that will do exactly what you just said. You can exchange feats, powers, and all the rest with no hex editing at all. Plus, you also don't get branded with "cheat used".
It's called Kotor Mod Utility and is available from http://www.kmu.web1000.com) .
Page: 1 of 1