Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

vehicle limit and new vehicle classes

Page: 3 of 3
 razorace
01-29-2004, 7:10 PM
Well, OJP is open source. Once we get the vehicle fix released, we will be allowing other modders to obtain the fix from us to add to their own mods.

And I've never heard of this Strong Forces 2 mod. Do you have a link to it?
 Darth Sun
01-29-2004, 7:10 PM
You don't have to give up on Strong Forces 2, mods work independantly of each other since each goes into its own folder inside JA's location.
 AIVAS
01-29-2004, 7:23 PM
strong forces 2 was recently uploaded to lucasfiles.com, check there.

Originally posted by Darth Sun
You don't have to give up on Strong Forces 2, mods work independantly of each other since each goes into its own folder inside JA's location.

yes, but I'm not sure how to run TWO mods like that at once, when you load a new one, it overwrites the old one correct?
 razorace
01-29-2004, 9:31 PM
You can have multiple mods installed at the same time but you can only have one running at a time. Please note that I'm refering to actual code mods instead of these "mods" that are just additional vehicles, sabers, etc.
 AIVAS
01-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by razorace
You can have multiple mods installed at the same time but you can only have one running at a time. Please note that I'm refering to actual code mods instead of these "mods" that are just additional vehicles, sabers, etc.

i've said before, I have no experience editing, if you found the strong forces 2 mod, could you tell me (in newbish) if i can have strong forces 2 and ojp running at the same time?
 razorace
01-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Nope, doesn't look like it. However, like I stated before, you could ask the auther to come talk to us and we will provide the nessicary changes once they are ready.
 AIVAS
01-30-2004, 6:04 AM
Nope, doesn't look like it. However, like I stated before, you could ask the auther to come talk to us and we will provide the nessicary changes once they are ready.

what mehtod of communication should I ask them to ask you with? emailing the mod site? (not sure of adress) your email (once again, not sure of adress) or if they are a member of lucasforums, send you a PM? the file is on lucasfiles, and is named strong forces 2 the author's email is inside of the readme i beleive.
 razorace
01-30-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't exactly matter other than that they contact the group or at least access our source code. :)

All my contact information is included with all the releases.
 Duncan_10158
01-30-2004, 2:48 PM
OJP Basic doesn't include any gameplay changes. That's the specific reason why it exists in the first place.
i dont know if this is realy gamplay, but its something i wouldnt like to have if i am making a mod. i am always playing in third person view, but with your OJP Basic mod the game changes the view mode when changing from saber to weapon. in the original i set both saber and weapons to third person and i can change weapon without view mode change. with OJP Basic mod if i change the view mod on weapons on third person, the saber gets first person, if i do that with saber, the weapons get first person.

i dont know if there is no other way to have first person saber, but i would prefer to not have first person saber instead of this view mod change problem.
 Darth Sun
01-30-2004, 3:04 PM
It might be an unnoticed glitch in the code.

I couldn't test it myself since for some reason I can't seem to download from the CVS to compile it, but if it is a "feature" I don't think I'd like it that much since I always play in Third Person, may it be weapons or sabers.
 keshire
02-04-2004, 5:04 AM
Yes that would be a bug. Just press "p" to change views.

I'm also hoping someone takes it upon themselves to add in vehicle attacks for the animal class. Melee attacks and hopefully the rancor grab.
 AIVAS
02-04-2004, 5:09 AM
Originally posted by keshire
Yes that would be a bug. Just press "p" to change views.

I'm also hoping someone takes it upon themselves to add in vehicle attacks for the animal class. Melee attacks and hopefully the rancor grab.

yeah, being able to grab ppl up then eat them, or holding them and letting them sweat for a while, or running the rancor over the ledge, but jumping off at the last moment!
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
02-27-2004, 4:06 AM
FYI, not sure if you figured this out, yet, but... if you increase the number of different types of ships, you have to make your mod a client & server-mod. A server-side only mod cannot increase the number of vehicle types because both the client's list of vehicle types and the server's list must be exactly the same... otherwise, the server will send the client an index into the vehicleInfo array that makes the client very, very sad... :)
 razorace
02-27-2004, 4:35 AM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
FYI, not sure if you figured this out, yet, but... if you increase the number of different types of ships, you have to make your mod a client & server-mod. A server-side only mod cannot increase the number of vehicle types because both the client's list of vehicle types and the server's list must be exactly the same... otherwise, the server will send the client an index into the vehicleInfo array that makes the client very, very sad... :)

Yep, we know. That's why I laugh when I see server side mods like JA+ claim to have raised the limit. And, yes, we have a working vehicle limit working. It's just two defines that have to be changed. easy!

But thanks for the heads up anyway. :)
Page: 3 of 3