Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vehicle spawning problems (surprise, surprise)

Page: 1 of 1
 Lindsey
11-03-2003, 12:14 AM
Ok, I'm making a Deathstar surface level with ships and stuff for team ffa. The proble is, I've followed the instructions for respawning them, and nothing happens, I can get the ship the first time, but it never respawns. I type this in the settings for the vehicles: NPC_Type X-Wing

NPC_target X-wing
count -1
delay 5
dmg 25000
speed 512
classname NPC_Vehicle

also has the no_pilot_die and origin.

What is missing/why is it not working?

Also, some of my ships wrere facing the wrong way, I turned them around using the angle, and they started flying very jerky. The ones that were turned the other way flew fine.
 Zer0-L0giC
11-03-2003, 2:17 PM
You're missing the targetname key.
 Lindsey
11-03-2003, 6:22 PM
Ive tried adding that, the ship dosnt appear in the map at all then. Is there some sort of script i need or something?
 shukrallah
11-03-2003, 6:37 PM
NPC_targetname ;)
 Lindsey
11-03-2003, 10:02 PM
ok, still getting problems, now it says when the ship blows up "entitie used itself". Then, no respawn. I now have NPC_Type, NPC_targetname, and npc_target as tie-fighter, count as -1, delay as 5, dmg as 25000, no_pilot_die, speed as 512, classname as NPC_vehicle and the origin number in the options. I am doing something wrong, what tho?
 Zer0-L0giC
11-04-2003, 2:43 PM
Did you read my tutorial on this? TUTORIAL (http://www2.ravensoft.com/users/mmajernik/misctuts/respawningvehicles.htm)

There is a big link at the top of the tutorial page that has a sample map and bsp for you to look at . . .

The reason it doesn't spawn into the map after you've added targetname is because it needs to be told to spawn. This is where the spawnscript comes in. You'll need behaved to make one (the one we released for jk2 works fine). It is really simple to do, look at the screenshot in my tutorial. I've seen some people saying to just "Make a big trigger all over the whole map and target all teh ships!!!" But that's just silly and evil, don't do it like that :)

Take off npc_targetname

BTW, the reason using a spawnscript is best is because it spawns the ships into the level before players join...If you do it the way with a big trigger, you have to wait for a player to join.
 Lindsey
11-04-2003, 4:40 PM
forgive me for being stupid, but where do you find this script?
Is it in the program? or can I get this off the internet? When I do get the script, what do I do?
 ondrahosek
11-12-2003, 1:41 PM
To get this script, you have to write it.

To write it, just as Zer0 said, use BehavEd.

To get BehavEd, download the JO Editing Tools (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/80000/87277.shtml).
 <|FeaR|>Storm
11-20-2003, 11:45 PM
Why is an JO post in a JA forum?

The Jedi Outcast Mapping forum is a click back.

Now that I may have yur attention, why is it ppl get bumped off the server when too many ppl fly ships.

I dont see this happen on Kotor Flight School, why does it do this on my map?

Please enlighten me.
 WadeV1589
11-21-2003, 1:26 AM
This isn't a JO post, would be good if you actually read the first post which is all about spawning vehicles for his deathstar map!

JO was mentioned 2 posts above because the editing tools contain BehaveEd which can be used for JA....btw I highly recommend you just learn Icarus and use notepad, skip using BehaveEd entirely. Then all you need is the exe to compile it.
 lassev
11-21-2003, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by WadeV1589
btw I highly recommend you just learn Icarus and use notepad, skip using BehaveEd entirely. Then all you need is the exe to compile it.

What a strange recommendation. Unless he gets the exe from somebody else, he still needs to get the tools to get the exe. And it seems to me that by using BehavEd one does learn ICARUS to a certain degree. The editor was created to spare some effort. I have used Notepad myself from time to time to edit scripts, especially with JA, since the animations are different, but I would hardly suggest abandoning BehavEd.
 -=IBG=-Xan[JSA]
11-23-2003, 7:57 PM
ok, I've followed the tutorial, used behaved, but my ships still won't respawn.
-NPC_Vehicle Entity-
CLASSNAME NPC_Vehicle
Speed 512
dmg 25000
NPC_Target tie-fighter
count -1
npc_type tie-fighter
origin 1120 -2592 72
delay 5
showhealth 1
targetname tie-fighter
spawnflags 1

-worldspawn entity-
message got one there
classname worldspawn
spawnscript jsa_fllight

I've put the jsa_flight.icarus, jsa_flight.IBI and the jsa_flight.txt in the scripts folder of my pk3. Nadda.
Any help or suggestions would be great. (=
Page: 1 of 1