Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How 'bout THIS for a new saber design...

Page: 1 of 1
 numark79
10-18-2003, 11:57 PM
Sup, I was just thinking, what if someone designed a saber hilt to look like Cloud's Buster Sword from Final Fantasy VII?! I think that would dope, imagine a saber blade that big slicing through stuff, heheh. If someone out there could create this, that would be craazy yo.

payce
 laghima
10-19-2003, 2:46 AM
1. plenty of buster sword models have been released for jk2, transfer one...
2. if you just want a saber that size then write a .sab file for it and call an existing hilt, it should take about 5 minutes and you only need note pad.
3. you might want to try the request form.
4. grammar is your friend...
 eidospsogos
10-19-2003, 3:05 AM
wow.....someone concerned with grammar! and i am not being sarcastic in the least, i am pleasantly surprised that the entire world has not lost all concept of the english language. i was seriously beginning to think that the countries official language would be replaced by ebonics or whatever language it is people seem to use merely due to laziness when instant messaging. anyway, as far as whether or not a buster sword for star wars would be "off the hook"....if you want to play with final fantasy swords, play final fantasy. i admit the swords for that game were always very well designed. but NOT for star wars. in case we've forgotten, the lightsaber was supposed to be an elegant weapon. NOT a huge beam cleaver. however, don't let this discourage anyone from expressing ideas. at least an opinion was shared, however poorly it was expressed.
 WadeV1589
10-19-2003, 9:22 AM
Just remember it's his** game and if he wants to use a sword, he can :p

You'll need to make the saber blades invisible tho, unlike JK2 you can't specify an invisible blade by default in .sab files which seems totally insane as in single player there is a saberless blade (the weapon in the final battle)...ah well I'm not releasing my gunblade (Squall's) until there is a fix for that.

**His is used loosely as in fact the game will always belong to Raven and Lucas Arts and like most titles today are more of a "permanent lease" than an actual purchase of rights. This was an excessive disclaimer brought to you by McDonalds in an aim to prevent people nit picking my choice of words :D
Page: 1 of 1