Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Different Saber Colors

Page: 1 of 1
 Ram
10-18-2003, 8:57 AM
Is there a way to edit the saber blades so there different colors then they are now, i remember in JO that someone made a white one or is there a way to lighten or darken the color of the blade?
 mace_sundancer
10-18-2003, 9:31 AM
you can either open the game pk3s and find the necessary image file for the sabre blade colour, and manually edit it to the colour you want and then add it, replacing say orange... ooorrr you need a mod like the jedimod that allows RBG manipulation to change the colours...
 The Cheat
10-20-2003, 12:18 AM
yea i really liked that mod where you used rgb to change the color, really allowed for a lot of customization
 numark79
10-24-2003, 6:57 AM
you can either open the game pk3s and find the necessary image file for the sabre blade colour, and manually edit it to the colour you want and then add it, replacing say orange

Hmm, any chance that there is a way to do it, without replacing an already existing color?

payce
 Forceflow_tap
10-24-2003, 4:21 PM
Theorectically, yes, it can be done. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm going to once my harddrive is replaced. Open "Assets1.pk3" and find where all the lightsaber blade colors are kept. Extract all the files for ONE color, and here's what you do. Put the files you want to add in in those extracted folders, after deleting the ones originally in there. Now, change the color name of the folders, so that it will work correctly. Now, you want to extract the "saber.menu" and open it up with notepad after making sure you've removed the check on "readonly". Now, open up the sabermenu and scroll until you see the listing for the saber colors.
Copy entire string for the last color, and paste it. Change the colors to what you want, except for the icon box. Leave the icon box alone or you'll probably cause a bunch of unwanted trouble. Save your work, and make sure you've done your new saber color for the 2nd blade box as well. Change the values for the location (it'll be a string of three numbers, like 576) to 616, for both. Now, save again, then zip up everything and make it into a pk3 file. Put it into the Gamedata/Base directory where the "Assets.pk3s" are, and start up the game. If you coded it correctly, when you go into the saber creation screen, you should see an extra saber color icon box. Click it and if everything works, you should see your new color. If not, continue anyway and see if it shows up after the level loads. If it does show up, swing it. When you swing it, it'll probably display some wierd swinging color glitch. Now, keep in mind I haven't attempted this yet, but I think this is how it would work.
 Ram
10-28-2003, 12:44 PM
ok, i have the hole changing the color of another thing down, but heres the catch, how do i change the trail color, i made a white blade, it shows up white, but when you swing, theres a yellow trail? is there a way to change that, heres a few pics to show what i'm talking about:

as you can see in this pic, the blade is white
PICTURE 1 (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pf43f08bce5ecf18d4f2f7c7df7d53fe8/fab5ab2c.jpg)

but what i want to do is make the yellow in the pic white also
PICTURE 2 (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p9cc583fcd24e64f110860fe18e304edc/fab5ab29.jpg)

any help with this would great.
 ShovelHead
10-28-2003, 2:18 PM
Probably has to do with that yellow_glow.tga file in the gfx/effects/ sabers folder.
That would be my guess.
I have dropped a couple saber mods I made for JK in the JA base and the seem to work ok.
 Ram
10-29-2003, 3:29 AM
well, i searched all over the asset.pk3 files and changed everything that had to do with that saber color, and still nothing, there anyone else that knows how to fix this with out the use of a mod, i saw it done in JO, plz help me
 Aegis Runestone
10-29-2003, 8:39 PM
The blur....ugh....you can't change the blur I don't think anyone has done it for JO. If they have, they better get their rears over here and tell me. :P
 AzureAngel
10-30-2003, 12:28 AM
actually people have the people in Jedi Mod/Omnimod/GenX have done it and have enven changed the shape of the blade. its the RBG editing system
dont ask me how....
 Aegis Runestone
10-30-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by AzureAngel
actually people have the people in Jedi Mod/Omnimod/GenX have done it and have enven changed the shape of the blade. its the RBG editing system
dont ask me how....

Ah, yeah. That one. But that, I believe, was coded. As for adding/changin intial saber colors, I don't think it has been done.

IMO: If you change a saber glow color and the core color, the blur should try to match it, it shouldn't be hard-coded into the game what color is which. :p Though if my idea is more difficult to code, I'd understand why they hard-coded it.
 Forceflow_tap
10-30-2003, 4:34 PM
I think I found where the cheat codes and their values are stored. Maybe going through the file that they are kept in will reveal some information on that. When I find what i'm looking for, I'll let y'all know.
Page: 1 of 1