Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Standard Vehicle Pack for JKA?

Page: 1 of 1
 razorace
10-17-2003, 4:17 AM
Me and the rest of the moderators for OJP (Open Jedi Project) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111428) are considering if we should include vehicles in the project.

The pros are that mappers would have a easier time using player created vehicles in their maps. You could simply reference the vehicle and OJP and then not have to worry about it. Otherwise, you have to personally package all the additional models with your map.

The cons are that there's a risk of bloating if there are too many quality vehicles included with OJP. We could simply make the vehicle model download a seperate release package, but it's still a consideration. Plus, it would be extra work for OJP staff. There's no point if noone would use it in the first place.

Would you want such a vehicle standard and would you use it?

Any input would be great.
 razorace
10-20-2003, 3:22 AM
The poll shows 6 yes votes but no actual comments. Does that mean that everyone is interested in one?
 Chairwalker
10-20-2003, 4:24 AM
Well i'd definatly use it, but you already know that.

I think that a pack would stimulate vehicle production, since it would be much easier to get your creation out to the public
(or in this case, the mappers)
 Tyler_Durden
10-20-2003, 6:39 PM
I was interested in creating some vehicles for JA such as land speeders and hovercrafts and such. So there is no doubt that i would in fact use these in my map making as well as in learning how to create new vehicles. I have a few ideas for skiffs such as the ones seen in return of the jedi and a few types of speeder bikes with mounted weapons, maybe some vehicles like pod racers as well.
 razorace
10-20-2003, 7:31 PM
Well, it looks like we're going to proceed with a OJP vehicle pack. Just your vehicles to one of the OJP moderators.
 reaper1576
10-21-2003, 7:15 PM
this is something i would use in maps and even the DF2E mod as with a good pack there is alot of use for all ppl
 shukrallah
10-21-2003, 8:18 PM
so what vehicles are going to be made razorace?
 razorace
10-21-2003, 8:32 PM
There's no directed development with OJP. The project is only as good as the stuff that people submit. Translation: Submit early, submit often.

I guess I should post something about this in the model forum.
 shukrallah
10-21-2003, 10:43 PM
So its stuff that people submitt? That sounds kool :)
 razorace
10-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Yep, that's the whole point of OJP.
 RalKon
10-22-2003, 4:45 AM
Heck Yeah, Bloat that sucker for all I care!!!! LMAO!!

in all honesty, I dont care either way. if need be, I can always download it on my high speed internet at work, burn it to CD, and take it home...
 Ockniel
10-22-2003, 6:55 AM
I vote for a seperate pack...
 razorace
10-22-2003, 7:45 AM
seperate pack?
 razorace
10-22-2003, 7:58 AM
Originally posted by RalKon
Heck Yeah, Bloat that sucker for all I care!!!! LMAO!!

in all honesty, I dont care either way. if need be, I can always download it on my high speed internet at work, burn it to CD, and take it home...

We're going to try to keep things under control. If the vehicle pack gets above a couple of megs, we'll seperate it from the main distribution and make it have a different release schedule.
 shukrallah
10-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Id download it, so if i did, i would just give the open jedi project credit?
 razorace
10-22-2003, 5:57 PM
I assume you're talking about how to credit OJP when referencing to a OJP supported vehicle.

I suggest that you just state that the map is a OJP map and requires the OJP vehicle pack to work correctly. We don't have a website yet, but Emon is working on it.
 SD_Radical_Ed
10-24-2003, 3:56 PM
i say yes, but you should give editors full permission to include the vehicles in their levels if they give full credit for them to you guys.
Page: 1 of 1