Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SP MAPS/missions?

Page: 1 of 1
 Igor_Cavkov
10-07-2003, 11:18 AM
is anyone making or planning to make any cool SP adventure?? if it is possible to? i would love to play it! like for MotS and JK2 has alot of SP adventures and missions hope you are making some for JA to ;)
 GothiX
10-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Sine and Gonkish are, without a doubt. And it looks **** good, too. I'll be working on one later..

Oh yeah, REQUEST FORUM. :)
 Dart Zaidyer
10-07-2003, 11:20 AM
I have several ideas, but until the official editing tools are released, they won't be fed very well.
 Igor_Cavkov
10-07-2003, 7:19 PM
damn good job for those who are maping!! espesially SP! try to make cool missions (not to madeup) like make something from dark empire series or something! or ep2 hehe ideas are endless.....or do something that we never have experienced before like from comics and such! thx guys !
 Sithxace
10-08-2003, 1:15 AM
yeah for MOTS i remember a single player map like this, hope anybody else rembers it,"

u start on a city and go through imperial recruiting centers and u end up going on the Star Destroyer. The thing was u felt like u were on the ship etc. You go through jail cells until u end up on the deck. It was a great great map and story and hope people make ones like that.

im not saying create mod groupsd but prob be good idea if everybody teams up with a few other just to make a campaign or single player maps, it would speed up production a lot.
 Igor_Cavkov
10-08-2003, 11:33 AM
yeah! and we like it when the missions is realistic...not to much made up ;)
 Tyler_Durden
10-08-2003, 11:01 PM
I've actually been planning a mod for over a year now since JK2 came out. It is a single player Star Wars campaign, however, it does not take place in any continuity be it the movies or the books, etc., although we will see familiar planets, jedi, and the force plays a big role as well. If anything, you could say it takes place in another timeline as opposed to the official stuff, but it will still be star wars. If you had to say it was in a specific time, i think it would look more like the prequels as i think you have more freedom that way. Originality and creativity is what i'm going for here as well as a cool play experience. When will it be released? Well that depends. I'm going through the final stages of character design. I need to learn how to skin models, maybe even some modelling, as well as scripting. As far as locations, i think i have a pretty good idea of what planets i want to do and what i want to happen. I have a lot of mapping experience and have created at least 10 unreleased sp levels. Basically, this is going to take a while, maybe a year or so. But it is something i have been wanting to do for a long time and it's gonna happen.
 Kengo
10-09-2003, 7:18 AM
Good luck to you Tyler, looks like you know what you're doing. My one bit of advice to you from experience is not to try to make it too epic in one go - maybe if you want 6 levels in it, bring each level out as you complete it. A few great projects (Project Lighthouse, Colloseum, Dash Rendar: Resurgance) were completed largely by one person, over the course of something like a year - but for them hundreds were probabaly started and never finished. There's nothing wrong with aiming big - just don't make it so much that it proves too much when you get into it, unless you're sure you've got the immense patience and endurance of the great authors who created those other projects I just mentioned :)
 Tyler_Durden
10-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Actually i have seen a lot of great projects die like AK Piggot's Mace Windu level, among others. I promise to not quit on this as it's something i wanted to do for a very long time. I'm just not going to try and create levels that are so intricate that it all runs at a low frame rate or not at all. I waited for academy because it was said that it would be easier to mod the game than in the last one. I couldn't even get created models into sp in JO but it's almost no problem with this game. The only really big obstacles are the scripting and the modelling/skinning. Howeve i shouldn't have too big a problem with the scripting (hopefully) because of your awesome tutorials.
Page: 1 of 1