Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Inverted saber style?

Page: 1 of 1
 D8alus
10-03-2003, 3:49 AM
Does anyone think it'd be possible to mod a new saber style using the staff and dual animations but with a single or dual saber style and inverted grip?

This is WAAAAAAY over my head in the modding department, but it'd be sweet as hell
 razorace
10-03-2003, 9:01 AM
Sure, it's doable.

If you want a quick fix, you could just create a saber with the blade on the "wrong" side.
 D8alus
10-03-2003, 6:21 PM
how?
 razorace
10-03-2003, 8:42 PM
You mean the long way or the quick fix?
 D8alus
10-03-2003, 9:48 PM
zee qwik fiks :p
 razorace
10-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Well, I don't understand the current saber hilt system or how to model them. You'll have to ask around.
 D8alus
10-04-2003, 12:22 AM
I think I'll just wait until someone that knows how to do it gets the same idea as me and does it...then I'll download it :cool:
 PerfectJamie
10-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Well, in SP you can use the setforceall 3 command to get all stances while using a single saber, then you would have acces to the light staff stance, kind of looks cool (most boss characters use it I think) if someone can make all stance selectable with single saber in mp then there you have it. I tried doing the simple way....I got a twin saber style one with normal grip and the other reversed but the results weren't that good I keap cutting my self....but if I can animate the saber attacks then its all possible
 Wudan
10-08-2003, 12:07 PM
It'd be best with new animations.

Speaking for myself, the "wait for somebody else to do it" excuse doesn't fly really well - what a lazy attitude.

Shame on you.
 razorace
10-08-2003, 4:04 PM
I'll just wait for Wudan to do it. :D
 D8alus
10-09-2003, 3:24 AM
Originally posted by Wudan
It'd be best with new animations.

Speaking for myself, the "wait for somebody else to do it" excuse doesn't fly really well - what a lazy attitude.

Shame on you.

Do not confuse laziness with ignorance. If I KNEW how to do it, I'd be working on it, trust me....but this stuff is so far over my head it's not funny.
 Wudan
10-09-2003, 3:58 AM
You're a human, not a rock. We can learn, rocks can't.

If you can conceive it, and you can beleive it, you can achieve it.

Of course, I think somebody else will eventually do it :) So don't lose sleep over it - just be the best person you can be, ok? The world needs more people to be their best :)
 D8alus
10-09-2003, 9:27 PM
Originally posted by Wudan
You're a human, not a rock. We can learn, rocks can't.

If you can conceive it, and you can beleive it, you can achieve it.

Of course, I think somebody else will eventually do it :) So don't lose sleep over it - just be the best person you can be, ok? The world needs more people to be their best :)

Well, I can't exactly pull the knowledge out of my ass :rolleyes:

Besides, animation is waaaay beyond me...I don't even have a hint of a clue of how it works...and I want something good, not some dinky, first time, stinks cuz I did it myself mod :p
 Wudan
10-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Um, if knowledge doesn't come out of your ass, where does it come from? ;)
 babywax
10-14-2003, 1:40 AM
Well, head usually, but don't call him a butt head wudan :band:
 Wudan
10-14-2003, 12:03 PM
¬_¬

I thought he was speaking metaphorically ;)
 babywax
10-14-2003, 2:41 PM
Odd, just a minute ago I saw a guy with double bladed saber. One side was lit, but he was holding it like a normal staff (just with one side lighted though). I asked him how he did it and he said "BYE BYE," and left, so I didn't see him attack :(
I assume it's some sort of bug?
 Wudan
10-14-2003, 5:19 PM
I'm not sure on that one - normally when you shut one side 'off' you go in to a regular stance ...
 razorace
10-14-2003, 5:59 PM
It's possible that it was a hacked hilt. IE, a double saber that is treated like a single saber.
 Darth Rosh
10-14-2003, 6:50 PM
The Kensai hilt pack from sotgclan.us has a saber staff that does that... You turn off one blade but you continue using it as if it were still a staff. I dunno how they made it, but I've taken to using it when I can now, just because it DOES look pretty cool.

But it's definitely not advantagious to use it. Actually, it's a bit more difficult to use it like that. Since the staff style was designed to take advantage of TWO blades and not one, it's hard to hit with it. Usually you just have to keep whoever you're fighting on your left side... I find that I lose more often when using it this way.

But I still want a saber that uses 2 bladed normal staff style, the weird single bladed staff style, AND a regular single-medium style :P
 JediLurker
10-14-2003, 7:40 PM
It's pretty easy to do, actually. Just edit the staff's .sab file, either find or add the line 'singleBladeStyle', and set it to staff. The reason the Kensai staves do that is because the author put 'heavy' instead of 'strong'(red stance) on that line. Since the game doesn't recognize 'heavy', it just defaults to staff.
Page: 1 of 1