Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do I put Jedi Outcast Models in Jedi Academy

Page: 1 of 1
 caseyjones
09-29-2003, 10:30 PM
I've looked everywhere and I can't figure out how to do it. Please help me someone I am a complete noob.
 caseyjones
09-29-2003, 10:54 PM
please?
 caseyjones
09-29-2003, 11:17 PM
ok to the 10 people that have read this topic, why won't you reply? I mean an I dunno or maybe ask so and so or maybe this site has it. Geez people does no one know?
 peloquin
09-29-2003, 11:20 PM
look in the topic at the top of this board

Stuck: Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*) ( 1 2 3 4 ... Last page )

has everything you need to know.
 OSIFRACRAT
09-29-2003, 11:23 PM
I think the better reply would be to send him to the editing forums but what if he doesn't want to cheat. (think about it)
 peloquin
09-29-2003, 11:29 PM
heh well that topic kinda went past just full version cheats it has just about everything in it now.
 Prime
09-29-2003, 11:48 PM
If you are refering to MP, just put the models in your "base" directory. If you are refering to the SP game, have a look at my tutorial. (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112998)
 caseyjones
09-29-2003, 11:55 PM
thank you very much prime I'll try this out and get back to you if I have any questions.
 Buffy
09-30-2003, 2:40 AM
Originally posted by caseyjones
I've looked everywhere and I can't figure out how to do it. Please help me someone I am a complete noob.

you mean original one ? or costom models ?
if costom models ?
almost JK2 models is working JA too for me .. only problem is taunt is funny...:(
 caseyjones
10-01-2003, 8:11 PM
I couldn't get it to work. I need a VERY detailed tutorial on exactly what to do. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
 Hekx
10-01-2003, 8:16 PM
You can move the PK3s into your JA base folder from your JO one.
Then they should be selectable in MP.
Most models do work, there's a few bugs with animations, but not that noticeable.
As for single-player, I'm not sure, you'll have to chop them up. :D
 caseyjones
10-01-2003, 8:37 PM
I don't play multiplayer I just want to be able to spawn downloaded models into Jedi Academy.
 caseyjones
10-04-2003, 3:21 PM
please help me!!!

anyone? I know that someone knows how to do this. I need step by step instruction.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
10-04-2003, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by caseyjones
I don't play multiplayer I just want to be able to spawn downloaded models into Jedi Academy.
Well that sounds like a different thing alltogether. To be honest I don't know. Then again, I don't know how to do it for Jedi Outcast Single Player either.
All the MP models I have for JO aren't spawnable in the SP mode (as far as I know). I've got some JO:SP models that REPLACE npc's in SP, but you can't spawn them as new characters. (Eg Stormtroopers turn into Battle Droids).
If it's this kind of conversion you're talking about, then I don't think it's as easy as porting over the files.
As far as I understood, it's only the MP ones that are easily transferrable.

Hope this helps...

B.

Oh, and you shouldn't take it so personally that no-one replies to your thread instantly. Just because 10 people viewed it (one of which was you when you created the post) doesn't mean that they know the answer. Have you seen how many people visit this forum?
Personally, I'd prefer to have one or two posts that help me rather than 50 posts saying "I don't know".
Just a thought ;) Peace out.
 caseyjones
10-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the reply. I know alot of people are on this forum and some of them probably know how to do what I am asking that is why i was a little frustrated.

and i would rather get 100 replies saying i dunno but maybe this guy knows than getting nothing at all.
 Londo Mollari
10-05-2003, 2:40 AM
You can spawn models in Sp I've converted all the models that I liked from JO to JA. I've also added addtional sabers to the saberpack that was released. To me JA is much easier to add models to. The only thing I have some problems with is the shaders because they are not assigned in a correct path so I had to do a bunch of renaming. Even then some of them still don't work. As for maps if you do the renaming thing most of them seem to load OK. I've not seen any missing textures. The DOTF looks sweet with maul, obi and quigon going at it. As for the Jo campaign, I've gotten through the first 4-5 maps of it, but the objectives are not being read so they are not available on some of the maps
 caseyjones
10-05-2003, 3:56 AM
I'm glad that you know how to do it, now please tell me how to.
 Londo Mollari
10-05-2003, 1:10 PM
Prime wrote a tutorial on how to do it, but I'll give you the "short" version. Take your Mp skin or model and open it with winrar or whatever you use to open .pk3 files. Now make a ext_data/npcs path of folders like in the assets1.pk3 folder Now open the assets1 and look in the ext_data/npcs folders at all the npc files in there. Choose one for you character and extract it to you ext_data/npcs folder that you made. Change the attributes on the npc folder so it is not read only. change the name of the npc file to your character. Open up the file and change the name and playermodel to the character model of your Mp skin. (Note the first name in the Npc can be anything you want Ie Vader then Playermodel darthvader. If the model has sound files change the snd, sndcombat, and sndjedi to the correct model. You can also change force amounts, scale and weapons (forcePowerMax 900, scale 60, and saber commands). Now go back to your opened model .pk3 and add the ext_data you made into the models .pk3.
When you open it you should see models, ext_data, and sound and shaders folders (if they have them). Next put this in your base directory and load JA. You can play your model by using Playmodel <name> in the console, or spawn it by enabling cheats and typing npc spawn <name>. If you want that model to show in the cutscenes. Extract the player.npc change the playermodel to the one you want. Put that in a ext_data/npcs path zip it and rename it Z.pk3 so it loads last and that playermodel will be in all the cutscenes. However at the start of each level you will have to reload the playermodel you want
Page: 1 of 1