Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A chilling prospect. *SPOILERS + Speculation*

Page: 1 of 1
 Doug Thompson
09-29-2003, 2:52 PM
What if Rosh is the new sidekick?

Think abou it. There will be expansion packs, etc. It's obvious: "Get 'Jedi Academy: Postgraduate Study.' New skins, characters you can play and lightsabers. More than three faces for each gender. Neat new clothes your character can wear."

Being teamed with Kyle would be fine. Being teamed with Rosh would be, well, not fine.
 Astrotoy7
09-29-2003, 3:15 PM
I dont think Ive come across anyone who likes Rosh. Raven probably intentionally cheesed him up to make us want to hurt him and explore the result of that decision in the game.....I definitely wanted to kick his ass, and did :P

MTFBWYA
 cjd118118
09-29-2003, 3:17 PM
yeah thats true, i didnt like rosh he was the yappy boy to me...
 Avitor
09-29-2003, 3:39 PM
Hey now, be fair. Rosh was great... as a saber target.
 Luc Solar
09-29-2003, 3:42 PM
Don't like being the bad guy, but this Rosh-character did nothing but annoyed me right from the start. Dumb weakling...

But I guess a more subtle approach was not possible, because this game is not exactly aimed for grown-ups. Still I wish they'd add little bit more depth into the characters next time.
 Doug Thompson
09-29-2003, 5:51 PM
The scary thing is, I know he's SUPPOSED to be annoying. It's necessary to the plot. Yet I still can't stand him.

Maybe getting gravely wounded (did he lose an arm?) will resolve some of his serious maturity issues.
 King Jezuz Pie
09-29-2003, 6:27 PM
Yeah this guy is truly anoying...

Not surprising I loved kicking his ass on Vjun... :D
 StormHammer
09-29-2003, 6:31 PM
That's just the point. You're not really supposed to like him - so if you don't, Raven have done their job on him admirably.

Tolerance is the mark of a great Jedi, however... ;)
 Qaz
09-29-2003, 7:12 PM
Stormhammer, you have just enlightened me...

The game's real name is then...

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: SITH Academy

I slaughtered him with all the dismemberment cheats at full, and watch him blow up into millions of pieces with the dual saber twirl...
 Wes Janson
09-29-2003, 7:36 PM
Yeah, he was an ass, but giving him another shot by following the Light side, I think he learned his lesson. Don't be a whiny brat or else he'll fall beneath Jaden's saber... He'll lose more than just an arm.
 Doug Thompson
09-29-2003, 8:02 PM
Originally posted by Qaz
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: SITH Academy

That's not a bad idea for a sequel.

Players who chose the dark side in this game can start out learning new evils. Those who chose the "light" can play Jaden as he/she goes "undercover," pretending to be evil.

Rosh can be a human sacrifice.
 aletoledo
09-29-2003, 11:14 PM
I doubt there will be a sequel. there wasn't one for JO (unless you consider JA the squel!!)
 Sir Wolfbiter
09-29-2003, 11:21 PM
i disagree - this is the 4th game in the series, and it's obviously a cash cow for lucas arts. however I doubt that there will be a sith academy, though it would be cool. I suspect that the JK5 will either feature a new, 'fixed' (i.e. no customization) Jaden or a new protagonist altoghter.

so... how do you get dismemberment on?
 Anakin1607
09-29-2003, 11:24 PM
He's annoying, but I felt sorry for him when I had "the choice" to kill him or not. He sounded so scared and weak, I wasn't going to murder him (It felt like murder when I did kill him :( ). Yeah, you may not like a guy, but are you going to stab him through the heart because you don't like him?
 Wes Janson
09-30-2003, 12:32 AM
Yeah. You either kill him, or help him grow out of his wussiness.
 DeliriumenD
09-30-2003, 3:12 AM
No matter whether you go Light side or Dark side, Jaden is RIGHT about Rosh.

It felt like murder, but at the same time I did like the scene. I think Master Skywalker needs to get his students tested for Bi-polarity though, Jaden seemed to swing between happy/calm and angry.

I mean, she fights all that way to save Rosh, and then because he's not being tortured she gets pissed and kills him?
 Deastin
09-30-2003, 3:47 AM
They're going to go with the dark side ending.
 Gabrobot
09-30-2003, 5:48 AM
Originally posted by DeliriumenD
No matter whether you go Light side or Dark side, Jaden is RIGHT about Rosh.

It felt like murder, but at the same time I did like the scene. I think Master Skywalker needs to get his students tested for Bi-polarity though, Jaden seemed to swing between happy/calm and angry.

I mean, she fights all that way to save Rosh, and then because he's not being tortured she gets pissed and kills him?

I think that was because Jaden thought that Rosh might be trying to trick him/her...from the message that Rosh sent, it sounded like Rosh was in a prison or something... (which he might have been...)

I felt kinda sorry for the poor guy...if you stay on the light side, Rosh somewhat tones down. He doesn seem to have learned his lesson. I haven't yet gotten around to going through the game on the dark side yet...

One thing...the part where you must choose your path was great...it was the only part of the game that really made you care about the story and the characters...
 Doug Thompson
09-30-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by DeliriumenD

Jaden did argue with Kyle before they left, pointing out that Rosh's distress call was obviously a trap.

It's quite plausible that somebody can say to himself, "OK. I'll go along. I could be wrong." Then get really mad when she discovers that she was right all along and should have known.

Besides, the dark side people are pushing Jaden's buttons. They know which buttons to push. Until the very end I thought Rosh was a dark side plant, somebody sent to push and pull Jaden to the dark side. I'm still not convinced he isn't.

That would have explained why Rosh buddied up and sent Jaden alone to the temple in the openiing scenes and -- most importantly -- why Tavion didn't kill Jaden, as she easily could have done, at that temple where Jaden saw her using the scepter.

Tavion knocks Jaden out and leaves Jaden there, unconscious, while Rosh is conveniently missing? C'mon.
 Starfire13
09-30-2003, 2:35 PM
I find it interesting how some people speak of Jaden as "him", while others use "here". Hehe.

I guess it all depends on the race/gender we choose for our character.

But it's interesting. :p
 Damar Stiehl
09-30-2003, 2:57 PM
The final confrontation with Rosh made sense 100%. I could see WHY Jaden would be pissed to hell and back. Hell, I wish there was an option to beat Rosh's teeth out instead of murdering him; perhaps he didn't deserve a lightsabre to the gut, but a few educational kicks to the nuts? He practically BEGS for 'em.
 Doug Thompson
09-30-2003, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by Damar Stiehl
... but a few educational kicks to the nuts? He practically BEGS for 'em.

I always play Jaden as a guy. Perhaps, when the game's played with Jaden as a gal, there's some Freudian attraction-rejection stuff going on. Rosh: "Well, light-side girls don't like me. Maybe I should talk a walk on the dark side. Hey, Tavion, Lulla. Wait up."
 cayqel
09-30-2003, 9:52 PM
You know what I found fun? Draining Rosh when you are at the chose between light and dark. It's not considered an attack so you can charge yourself up for the battle, plus you get to hear him yelp. I haven't taken the time to see if I can kill him this way, but maybe I'll try tonight.

Anyway, Rosh can't be a the side kick in the future, he's dead. I killed him.
 Assault3000
09-30-2003, 11:05 PM
I have a feeling that we'll be seeing an expansion that will allow you to probably import your saved game allowing you to do more missions as a Light Jedi, or attempt Galactic domination as a Dark Jedi.
 Izeman
10-01-2003, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by Deastin
They're going to go with the dark side ending.

I can see this. You retake the roll of Kyle on a quest to either turn or stop Jaden... Could be interesting..

Also, completely off topic.. Why is JA 2 cd's and alot shorter and JO 1 cd and seems to be much longer??
 Dethsaint
10-01-2003, 6:23 PM
Also, completely off topic.. Why is JA 2 cd's and alot shorter and JO 1 cd and seems to be much longer??

To make you feel you've gotten more for your money than you diserve - heck I even got a 3 cd box containing only 2 cds :D

Back to topic (almost):

I can't help but think of Rosh as someone who's won a contest and gotten his face on one of the "main" characters. I mean, all the other people in the game looks like they've been made digitally while Rosh looks like someone digitalized a photo and stuck it on the model :p

As for him as a character in the game, I think he's rather rediculous - much like Jar Jar Binks in Episode 1. The comic relief if you like that term. I got so annoyed at him that the first thing that crossed my mind when playing through the game the first time was "I will kill him if I get the chance" and I did. :fett:

As for an expansion pack, I'd love to see one. Maybe if it could include some more vehicular battles like the swoop bike level or maybe even toss the Jedi/Sith onto a battlefield with ATSTs walking about or even ATATs - It would be sweet to have one of those bitches towering above your head (Or even driving it) :D
Page: 1 of 1