Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A serious review of MP problems (no flames please)

Page: 3 of 5
 AxVegetA
09-21-2003, 4:34 AM
Originally posted by Rumor
and you call me pathetic?

do you realize how much of a time investment it is when you have to hand feed 16 pups every three hours, since the day they were born? you are the most pathetic excuse for a human being i've ever seen. Dr. Kevorkian really looks to be a nice guy now...

do i need to spell out the second part for you in third grade english? it means "<sarcasm> yeah, i have no life </sarcasm>"

notice the sarcasm tags. that means i'm being facetious, aka I"M SAYING THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

and you seriously have the gall to say i'm pathetic because i have a life that doesn't revolve around a starwars game?

get a life.

ROFL

"you are the most pathetic excuse for a human being i ve ever seen", lol what is that suposed to mean, and i am absolutely sure you didnt mean that with sarcasm.
And who the f-uck is Dr Kervokian?

And well, "Too many puppies".
 Rumor
09-21-2003, 4:38 AM
Originally posted by AxVegetA
ROFL

"you are the most pathetic excuse for a human being i ve ever seen", lol what is that suposed to mean, and i am absolutely sure you didnt mean that with sarcasm.
And who the f-uck is Dr Kervokian?

And well, "Too many puppies".

my last post just explained why you don't know who he is. not to mention how you have no idea what we are speaking of.

i suggest you learn to respect your fellow poster and not flame every chance you get. it just shows you to be dumber, and gets you one step closer to a ban...
 Doctor Shaft
09-21-2003, 4:44 AM
I see what you're getting at Prime. To be honest, I'm not a 'fan' of the kick system either, but it's there, and I always felt that amidst the constant saber spamming, etc., there has to be at least one or two good, solid moves to counter it.

Unfortunately, kick ended up being more than just a good counter. On the other hand, if it makes the game deeper, and doesn't entirely ruin the experience for me, i'm all for it.

I'm more of a casual guy myself as well. I won't try to make things work for me when the game seems to be generally not fun. However, kicking never annoyed me to the point where I felt it was just plain wrong. It was part of the game, and it seemed a necessary part.

The only REAL way to have a good game like S/O CTF without kicks would be to just completely revamp, reimplement the saber system. That would probably mean that even some of the stances, like Red stance, would have to be just redone, and the moves would all have to be geared towards just being able to gut a person if they run. That's not what exists though, and it won't exist, that's probably just too hard to do. So, we all turn to good ole kick. And some other things of course.
 [div3rse.jello]
09-21-2003, 4:48 AM
doctor shaft understands too much of teh saberists o.o

him > all

he is teh 2 cool.. lol
 AxVegetA
09-21-2003, 4:52 AM
wow, i think you must be the biggest tool i've ever seen.

i don't report posts that insult me, asshat, i reply to them.

and since you obviously have no clue as to who is playing jo, you obviously don't know that ALL of the s/o ctf clans still play it when they aren't spending a couple hours at a time trying to find new ways to kill cappers. not to mention some of the oldschool, for lack of a better word, "elite" ff/so duelers have been playing it as well.

you said you could own me, so i challenged you, not my fault that you backed down. go ask your mother for money so you can go to the movies with your friends, i'm sure she doesn't mind giving her live-at-home 30 year old son who has the mental capacity and maturity of a three year old anything he wants.

About the reports i was talking to divex.

And i dont have a clue about who is playing JO now?
Oldschool and l33t players just stopped playing it after a year it was released (aproximately), now i see why you all consider elites and pros, because 90 percent of the people dont play JO anymore, lol.

My opinion of JA is, PLAY THE DEMMN GAME, and wait for a goooood patche that hopefully make the game more fun and less disapointing.
If JA turns to be like JO (with a lot of ****ed patches) it would be all your fault, for crying about stuff that was fun, but no real or balanced.
I really hope that with this features MP would be more saber fighting and less pull push kick dfa whored.
Just think about, for a second, how diferent you played JO 6 or 12 months after you first played it.
With that i mean, PLAY THE DEMMN GAME
 [fk]myth.
09-21-2003, 4:54 AM
Prime, glad you posted something that isn't a flame, unfortunately I'm going to sleep and will read it in the morning.

As for AxVegetA, Why are you here? Did you not read this post or just saw the topic and assumed this was your chance to act cool. This thread was made for people who wanted to discuss MP problems seriously, hence the name. Flames are not welcome, hence the name again. Why are you here flaming us saying we suck and you own us when you haven't played JK2 since February and you haven't even bought JKA. You haven't even played this series since back at the start of the year, and you aren't even an avid FF S/o CTF Player (again, why are you here?) So don't come mouthing off to all of us who are trying to have a discussion thinking your the bad ass of the forums and think before you act like a complete moron and everyone laughs at you. Talk about EGO! I'm personally going to enjoy playing with you, and if you want my in-game name take a look at my username. And, please, reply to this if you must, but after that leave and never reply to a post in this thread again because you are not wanted.
 Guardian Omega
09-21-2003, 4:57 AM
Oooh boy, there's another one that didn't read everything........

They're asking for an option that'll make the changes toggable......

*reads last post*

Well, he has the name of Vegeta, aka the ego manic that gets his ass kicked in most of DBZ.
 Rumor
09-21-2003, 5:00 AM
not one thing we've said has sunk into that walnut sized head of yours, has it? WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT FREE FOR ALL. WE ONLY CARE ABOUT THE GAMETYPES THAT WE, NOT YOU, PLAY.

have a field day posting about how we have no lives, kid, i doubt i'll reply to anything else since what needs to be said has been said.

have fun stepping closer to that ban.
 AxVegetA
09-21-2003, 5:01 AM
my last post just explained why you don't know who he is. not to mention how you have no idea what we are speaking of.

i suggest you learn to respect your fellow poster and not flame every chance you get. it just shows you to be dumber, and gets you one step closer to a ban...

Ohhh and now you are playing the Good guy after talking crap, in the first pages of the thread, to the guys who "difered" from your opinion.

And you really think people is gona read 40 lines of shi-t, save me the time.

And because of you, and the one who started the "OMG, MP sux" thread, all my espectations for JA are gone, i am getting a game i lose excitment on.
Thats all you gain with your negative opinions about the game, to disapoint eveybody who reads it about MP and you too.
One thing is constructive criticism and another is crying like a baby because now you cant own as in JO.
 [div3rse.syn]
09-21-2003, 5:05 AM
Originally posted by Pyro
kicking is dumb learn some skill noobies

All I have to say to you, is that I would beat the living christ out of you in any gametype, any day. Why? Because if you think kicking is noobtacular...you don't deserve to own JK2 or JKA. How about you read any of the posts made in this topic and shut your face?

That being said, everyone keeps hitting on the fact that JKA = game for casual gamer. NO ****ING ****. My question is - was JK2 1.04 THAT difficult for your average gamer to get into? NO. If Raven wanted to cater to the average gamer, they could've added in their flashy new kata's and changed the animations around and the newbs wouldn't have noticed a thing. The rest of us would get a revitalized JK2 to compete in...and everyone is happy. Instead, Raven ignores the part of the community that keeps it ALIVE...good call. Sure, the casual gamer represents the majority and all...but the competitors are the ones that get the spot light on the game - that is good PR, that is what gets your next game hyped upon, and THAT is good game making.
 [div3rse.jello]
09-21-2003, 5:07 AM
you dont play s/o ctf vegeta..why do you care

go buy it if you want

siege and powerduel aint bad
 SuperNub
09-21-2003, 5:07 AM
And dude, report all you want, its not my prob that you are a sisy, unless you are a girl in which case it all makes sense, and therefor i apologise.

Whats with people like this? ..lets see, for one the topic blatantly asked not for flames. Two, if you're going to attempt to flame someone learn how to spell above the 2nd grade level. And third, isn't calling somone a dork and saying they have no life over an internet forum extrememly hypocritical?

Thats like me being on a float for a gay pride parade and calling everyone I see fags. Please, grow up kiddo.

I'm sure your ego has been smashed many of times, as it can be seen by your horrid insults and obvious insecurities. I feel sorry for you, really. Just another person who got their ass beat time and time again in JO and take it out on people who are better then them and insult them?

Maybe you should get laid, or take a long look in the mirror. Either way, I think your own insults should be fired upon yourself as it seems to fit you more so then anybody else here.

gf
 Rumor
09-21-2003, 5:20 AM
Originally posted by [div3rse.syn]
All I have to say to you, is that I would beat the living christ out of you in any gametype, any day. Why? Because if you think kicking is noobtacular...you don't deserve to own JK2 or JKA. How about you read any of the posts made in this topic and shut your face?

That being said, everyone keeps hitting on the fact that JKA = game for casual gamer. NO ****ING ****. My question is - was JK2 1.04 THAT difficult for your average gamer to get into? NO. If Raven wanted to cater to the average gamer, they could've added in their flashy new kata's and changed the animations around and the newbs wouldn't have noticed a thing. The rest of us would get a revitalized JK2 to compete in...and everyone is happy. Instead, Raven ignores the part of the community that keeps it ALIVE...good call. Sure, the casual gamer represents the majority and all...but the competitors are the ones that get the spot light on the game - that is good PR, that is what gets your next game hyped upon, and THAT is good game making.

lol every post about how kicks suck, etc that pyro has made is total blatant sarcasm. if i didn't know him, i would think he was for real, too. :cool:
 AxVegetA
09-21-2003, 5:29 AM
Originally posted by SuperNub
Whats with people like this? ..lets see, for one the topic blatantly asked not for flames. Two, if you're going to attempt to flame someone learn how to spell above the 2nd grade level. And third, isn't calling somone a dork and saying they have no life over an internet forum extrememly hypocritical?

Thats like me being on a float for a gay pride parade and calling everyone I see fags. Please, grow up kiddo.

I'm sure your ego has been smashed many of times, as it can be seen by your horrid insults and obvious insecurities. I feel sorry for you, really. Just another person who got their ass beat time and time again in JO and take it out on people who are better then them and insult them?

Maybe you should get laid, or take a long look in the mirror. Either way, I think your own insults should be fired upon yourself as it seems to fit you more so then anybody else here.

gf

ROFL
Dude, where to start, if you where touched by my words i am sorry (i am not really), i didnt said all that for nothing, i think i made my point in my last post.

My gramar is because i speak spanish.

I am not dork, but you sure are, and i dont think forums are for dorks, but for people who like games, specially a game i ve been wanted for a long time. IS that wrong?

About my ego, rofl, i am the one who smashes YOU.

And whats the problem with my insults, besides the fact it bothered you, hahaha (what an idiot).

Insecurities? lol
Kiddo?

My insults should be fired upon myself? cant you be anymore original? kiddo?
-stupid
-you are the stupid

And i wasnt talking to you in first place, you piece of ****, you dont worth it.
All i know from you is that you are named supernub.

Next time if you feel emotionally touched about that, reply to your wall.

hehe :smirk2:
 Rumor
09-21-2003, 5:37 AM
look, its desnipa v3.0 / apockalypse/unwanted v2.0!

I am #1 and that is how it will stay
U WER OWNT BAI MY WERdS GG
O
W
N
E
D :p

^ all classic quotes from the two of them.

now for christs sake stick to the topic at hand.
 DeliriumenD
09-21-2003, 5:37 AM
Y'know, the first post asked for constructive criticism, and so the majority of my post IS going to attempt to be constructive and address things (the constructive arguments I've seen) in it. And I apologize to all the people having a good discussion for all the caps about to follow this before my addition to the discussion.

YOU ELITIST A-HOLES (BOTH COMPETITIVE PLAYERS AND THE STARWARS FANBOYS(YES i'M IN THIS GROUP FOR JA) ) NEED TO SHUT UP AND LEARN HOW TO DEBATE WITHOUT INSULTING EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T YOUR WAY. HOW MANY DAMN TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SEE A GOOD POST WITH A GOOD DEBATE GET TURNED INTO A FLAME FEST BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO PUT DOWN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT? IT'S POINTLESS, PATHETIC, AND A WASTE OF TIME I'M JUSTIFYING BY RESPONDING IN KIND, BUT I'M NOT PERFECT!!!

Now, for my additions to the debate.

On kick, I know why this was probably pulled out. It was very annoying for the casual gamer (who makes up the majority of gamers now sadly) to join a public server, and basically not have a chance to have fun because of people grip throwing them off cliffs, and when they weren't doing that, kicking them again and again until they died. Now you guys have a point about how it kills the high competitive side, but at the same time pissing off 60% of your player base, hell, pissing off 51% of your player base is an even worse thing to do.

I want to clarify again that I read the first post, and I still feel that while saber damage SHOULD be raised, kick, non-line of sight grip, and the other stuff you guys are asking for should be made togglable. You people say noone does the toggles, but then again you are also basing all of your arguments on your elite-level (not the sarcastic elite, I am sure you guys know what you're talking about when you say which groups are elite. Much like I did when I played TRIBES (not 2, we had our "JA" in the Tribes series with 2) ) games between the best of the best in the competitive league. So really, it shouldn't be hard with the toggles. The leagues can just get the rules that these things have to be turned on for the matches, and then when you guys are playing your competitive matches on each other's servers, you will have the server the way you want. Your own servers can also easily be left that way for you guys to pub on (we had the 5150 server, and Cheaters Wayside and such for Tribes left like that, where the people from the top 10-20 (elites of the tribes) all pubbed together)

Barring that, and if the togglables absolutely won't work (which I don't believe, as the hard core gamer group server admins normally know how to safely modify a config file or two) then I would have to suggest the following compromises to some of what you want.

Give back the double tap kick, only have it only do knockdown. This solves the CTF FF/SO problem, as now you guys can knock down the FC and pummel him/her on the ground. At the same time, joe average doesn't have to worry too much, as the games ground controls give him a shot with panicked mashing of not being too punished. It also helps negate the problem casual gamers had gripes with of being kicked to death by a move they didn't understand (as it was on the higher end of that steep learning curve that the casual gamer rarely reaches) but was being used to ruin their ability to have fun.

Weaken drain a bit, and make heal work like it does in single player (where it progressively drains your force and ups your health) This should stop people from spamming it to make duels go on forever, and will also give the person chasing the healer a chance to finish the fight off before the heal is fully effective.

I agree on removing the force cost on the regular (the JO) specials.

Maneuverability needs to be given to the kata's and the DFA. Kata's, you should be able to move while doing them. I've seen them used well in duels and powerduels, but these were bouts of casual gamers, and being able to move (even if restricted somewhat) would up their value to the competitive side, while not harming, and in fact making the casual game more fun. For the DFA, I don't want the spin back, but at least reduce the pause where they're vulnerable to half, after which time they can roll to avoid an attack coming in at their exposed back.

Roll needs to be sped up as well, The thrust move that was added onto it, is nowhere near as effective as I think it was planned to be because of the fact that if your target starts backpedalling when you start rolling, they'll be safely out of range before the attack even goes off.

And as I already said, the saber needs a bit more damage, and the blocking system and hit detection need tweaking.
 [div3rse.syn]
09-21-2003, 5:43 AM
ah, k.

I retract that part of my statement.

About Vegeta:
SuperNub just shat on your head. I need say nothing more.

Let me just explain one more thing before I go into why I'm actually making this post - The reason kicks are needed in CTF (or at least WERE needed in JKO ff/so ctf) is because it's simply too easy to run away as a FC, and there's basically no way to slow the FC down (a good one, anyways. See, here's the difference between JKO FCs, and JKA FCs - One needs skill to keep ahead of the defenders. The other...doesn't. Take a guess which is which), hence, you're left 2 options (3 if the FC sucks). The first option only works if he sucks - Pull/Push whore him and make absorb slow him down. Why does it only work if he sucks? Well - a good one will turn and push you giving him a few seconds to run from you while you're stunned. GG that idea. Second idea - bypass slowing him down and use a combination of rage and speed to run past the FC and nail him as he goes by. This got more and more popular as FCs got better at avoiding the kicks. Third option, and the absolute most popular: Kicking the FC so that their health would go down, they'd get slowed down, and they'd be forced to use Heal to counteract some of the kick/saber damage. Plus, Kicking would allow your teammates to swarm the FC and saber the crap out of him.

Now - why is Kick necessary if the other 2 options are around? Well, your first option is still there...but due to the nerfing of saber damage and the lack of kicks...even if you *slow* the FC down...he's still going to get away because you can't kill him. Add that this only works on bad cappers... Option 2 is also *technically* there, but you can't really do anything with rage/speed in this game...so you could try just raging...and not be able to do enough damage to kill him...you could try just speeding and your problem is the same.

SO, what are we left with? Any one who knows which way their base is can cap on just about anyone no matter what the difference in skills...awesome.

Anyways, I feel like it's not that KICK needs to be in this game - just a way to kill the capper, be it kick, upped saber damage, or SOMETHING implemented to make returning easier. It was hard enough to return against someone good (such as myself) in competitive games back in JKO. Watch the match between [div3rse] and [Fk] to see the 2 best clans at the end of JKO's life duke it out - the FCs on both teams RARELY died, even though all the returners playing were AWESOME at their job. It's simply too easy to run away and heal and too difficult to deal damage quickly. In JKO this was manageable because sabers did chunks of damage, moves didn't take force, and kicks could wear down their health so that a swing or two could kill them. My suggestion is that EITHER saber damage needs to go up, OR kick needs to be put back in. Preferably both, but with all these nublets crying about how much it sucked, or how much it wasn't Starwars like...I don't know. But I do have this to say - What's so "starwars-like" about hitting someone with a saber and them not dying? Answer me that...
 Rumor
09-21-2003, 5:45 AM
thanks for the civil contribution, DeliriumenD.

we (the competitive players) do all we can to keep from flaming, but its thrown at us and being used to people **** talking all the time, throw it right back at times.
 [div3rse.jello]
09-21-2003, 5:49 AM
you forgot gg syn
 DeliriumenD
09-21-2003, 5:49 AM
Meant to say this in the other post, but it's seperate enough.

The biggest problem facing the Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy games though, is the fact that the community is at odds with itself, which is sadly a side-effect of what the game is.

It is a Star Wars game, with all the bells and whistles of the Star Wars universe. You play a jedi, you kick ass with a lightsaber in the game. It is as much a Lightsaber/Jedi simulator as anything else, and as such, it's every Star Wars fans dream to play as you can either play like Han Solo and Chewie, or like Luke Skywalker depending on your mood.

On the other hand, it's a First Person Shooter with online team based capabilities and the obligatory CTF and such that goes with that. Whats more, the inclusion of the Star Wars universe gives a neat twist here and there to make it a unique game for Competitive play.

So, we now have the Star Wars fans going head to head with the First Person Shooter crowd (who are pretty much the most vocal and elitist bunch online..not to offend, but it seems to be the truth). The Star Wars fans want a game they can have fun playing in, where they can live their life and still have fun and kick some butt online with a lightsaber.

The first person shooter crowd wants a game where the hardcore gamers and competitive crowd is given what it needs to thrive. Where people have so much in the game they think nothing of spending all their freetime perfecting the best and quickest route from flag stand to flag stand so they can get back while exposing themselves to minimal danger.

Sadly, these two crowds both think (and are right in a sense) that their way is the right way. After all, it's a Star Wars game, so you should be able to kick ass in a Star Wars way that is accessible to nearly everyone, much like the movies are. But it's also a FPS which is a type of game that is quite competitive as well, and has some of the fiercest group rivalries I've ever seen online.

This gives the Developer a very tough choice, as no matter which way they turn, guess what, half the players (about) aren't going to be happy. So what do they do then? I hope they make a lot of togglables. Good servers with the toggles you like can be found, favorited, and visited often. Other servers can be ignored.
 JaledDur
09-21-2003, 5:52 AM
Ooooo this is so cool. Keep it up, please. I'm trying to formulate a way to effectively harness all this energy. So far it can power one computer -- I'm posting on it now!!!!!!!!!!!!11

[div3rse.syn]
09-21-2003, 5:55 AM
See ladies and gentlemen? It can be done.

DeliriumenD, you are a polite guy and I respect your opinions because of it.

I feel like you make a few good points, but a minor tweak - the double tap kick (just kick from here on) should be added back in, but I feel that making it knock down every time would make it MORE frustrating for people new to the game. That's the most frustrating part of the kick...the knockdown. Instead, I feel that it should SLOW the target down somewhat, doing SOME amount of physical damage (maybe not as much as in JKO, but not like 5 hp worth), and should knock down LESS frequently than in JKO. Sometimes I felt like I would get kicked 7 times, and 6 of those would result in knockdowns...that, is frustrating.

I do have to disagree with you on one point - There IS a valid way to compromise between competitive players and regular, casual gamers. JKO 1.04 was this compromise. It offered an amount of depth that would let people compete in it, but could still be able to let newbies run around and have fun.
 [div3rse.syn]
09-21-2003, 5:57 AM
anyone else not know what to make of jaleddur?
 Rumor
09-21-2003, 6:03 AM
most of us aren't that eliteist, we just don't like pretentious bastards who think that they know everything about everything, yet have no real clue as to the game and engine mechanics. two people who know the kicking system from jo better than anyone would be Break_dF and =X=IdiotSavant. Break was a ff/so dueler, and most likely the best. Idiot was one of the best d's in s/o ctf. many would rather face 5 other people when capping, than face just him.

most of the time we will stop and teach someone how to do something *if they ask and do not bitch about how its lame or gay. although when this happens day in and day out all the time for a year and a half, people do get irritated when it happens because it happens so much. it just gets annoying sometimes to have dozens of people begging you to train them and kissing your ass, then turn around and act big and bad if they get a lucky kill once in a while, or if they say no (if they respond).
 DeliriumenD
09-21-2003, 6:04 AM

I do have to disagree with you on one point - There IS a valid way to compromise between competitive players and regular, casual gamers. JKO 1.04 was this compromise. It offered an amount of depth that would let people compete in it, but could still be able to let newbies run around and have fun.

My experiences with 1.04 were quite limited (embarassingly enough I lost my CD when I moved, couldn't find a NO CD thing that wasn't virused, and then got caught up in other games).

The double tap kick is what I meant btw with what I said. And I suppose what exactly the kick does is probably what'll take the most amount of debate over (the right amount of damage, whether it'll bypass shields, and the knockdown percentage).

As for being polite, I try to be. And with this game I think I know where both camps are coming from. I was never in a Top 10 clan in TRIBES, but the enDless did break into the top 20 and we were good (just there was about 16 other clans that were better :) ). So I know where the competitive people are coming from (especially as the transition from JKO to JKA from what I hear, is VERY similar to the transition from Tribes to Tribes 2 where we found most of our staples and things needed to get the game won were gone through various ways). On the other hand, as of late I've been too busy to play competitively so while I still consider myself a hard core gamer, it's more from the fact that I play everything, and not play one thing for years, so I guess it's more "casual gamer +" and I'm a huge Star Wars nut.

Modders can fix the problems with competitve play, and I'm sure some will try. But even still, the fact that cappers can live indefinately with proper use of heal/absorb/speed is a fairly critical game issue in my opinion, and a way to stop it in Saber Only Full Force games needs to be added.

One of the great things about Capture the Ysalamari was that once you had that lizard, well, you'd better hope you had some teammates near by because you weren't going anywhere fast.

Heck, I bet a lot of competitve players would settle for something as simple as having the flag on you limits you to Force Speed 1. You're still going faster than the people who dind't buy it, but the Chasers can catch you easier if you aren't able to use your head. Maybe just 1 level less than you bought (so if you bought Speed 3, you'd be at 2 while holding the flag)

There are tons of solutions to the problem, the trick is finding one..then getting it implemented. Flaming does nothing but help ruin getting the help needed.
 Rumor
09-21-2003, 6:11 AM
jk2 - > ja is like re-releasing the original tribes with some graphical upgrades and a couple differen't guns, but taking out jetpacks and disc launchers. thats the closest analogy i can think of at the moment.
 JaledDur
09-21-2003, 6:18 AM
anyone else not know what to make of jaleddur?

But did you get a moment of humor from it?

That would be my point. :D

I mean, this thread is already so absurd, whats a little more?
 [div3rse.syn]
09-21-2003, 6:42 AM
not really...I was just puzzled as to why you would post something so ridiculous
 JaledDur
09-21-2003, 6:44 AM
Smile. :D

Sorry, I better sleep before I *really* embarrass myself. Yeah, yeah, too late, I know, whatever.
 [div3rse.syn]
09-21-2003, 7:04 AM
no harm done ;)
 AxVegetA
09-21-2003, 7:27 AM
Fuc-king cowards.
Syn, you are a real faggot. :animelol:
You, rumor and the other guy.

Do you all really feel that good posting your crapy ideas that arent that diferent from the rest. :tsk:

The same shat all over again, JA needs to be fixed, a patche must be realeased, MP sux, we ctf competitive players (rofl), all that over and over.
Post after post talking crap. :disaprove

I am sick of sisy losers like you all (rumor, diverse, and all those pussy who suported them).
I am going to sleep. :vamp1:

By the way which version of JO are you playing now, or you played (if you dont play it anymore)?
Cause i havent heard in my life a clan called diverse.
 Astrotoy7
09-21-2003, 7:46 AM
oh man. how can there be peace on this world if gaming geeks can't get along. Lucky those sabers dont work eh ?!

MTFBWYA
 razorace
09-21-2003, 7:55 AM
So does boosting the saber damage not solve the problem by itself?
 Comm539
09-21-2003, 7:56 AM
Good Flame. Completely unconstructive and no counter arguements.
btw, you really must be new to ctf if you haven't heard of diverse.

The competetive community (of which s/o ctf was and still is the biggest, and is the only active community left in JO) has asked for a toggleable kick patch. Its very well saying 'casual gamers' don't want it (its toggleable, so they won't have it) but its the competetive communi9ty that keeps the game active 6-7 months after release. Dark Wader won't be too chuffed after spending $30 in 6 months time when only a few 'casual gamers' are on a server at a time.

JA mp needs a collision fix and a combo restriction I would say, but apart from that its fine.
s/o ctf needs a way to stop / slow the fc. No matter how well you learn the new saber swings, no matter how powerful they are, they're all completely pointless in you can't stop the fc. JA has no ways of doing this.
 Jah Warrior
09-21-2003, 9:32 AM
well,

thos that say sabers dont do enough damage.... lol do a downward hack in red slash on the back of someone's head some time.:rolleyes:

Drain... probably is an opportunity for lameness, however it would be better if it could only be used when you have 50 force or more... no problem there. (personally i think it should only drain 50% of the victims force)

Roll stab... lol, enter the new 1.02 DFA/ 1.03 backstab. I reckon 50 force for this move after all it's a one hit kill 90% of the time.

BTW:- make yellow overhead useful please, it's nigh on impossible to land a hit with it, no matter where the opponent is.

Note:-
I play duel so these comments are irrelevant to FFA CTF or any of teh other "chaos" gamemodes.
 C'jais
09-21-2003, 9:38 AM
AxVegeta:

Can it. No more flames from you or you'll end up on Matt Windu's ignore list. And everybody shares his ignore list.

Rumor:

Harsh language isn't going to get your point across either - I'd advise you to stop right now before Kurgan comes in, sees this mess of a thread and locks it.

And all you people who are saying "Raven did a good job this, Raven is this and that, blah blah blah!" Open your eyes. This games main focus is holding down Attack1 and Alt attack.

That's bullsh*t. The exact same could be said about JO the first few weeks it came out. And guess what - the exact same was said about JO.

No combos, specials with force

So because you can't think of any, must of course mean there are none whatsoever?

how are you going to kill your opponent (providing that you want to and aren't an rpger) besides whailing your saber around like an idiot.

Yeah, it's the rpg'ers fault, all of this. And I'm sick and tired of hearing this.

FYI, JA has more moves than JO, not less. Surely such a skilled person as you don't need to resort to using the idiotic, useless saber.

Stop sucking up to Raven

Good point. Now please remove your mouth from each other's crotch each time you've made a reply. I see far too many pointless "I agree completely, shaft" posts.

And I'm not trying to bash Raven

Sure you aren't. And we're not making fun of each other in here at all.

but this game shouldn't be called an FPS, because competition in this game (with players who know what they're doing and dont blindly walk in katas) is just not going to work.

Fine, there's no competition at all in this game, it can't be salvaged and most of you have made your point days ago. Please leave so we won't have to deal with your threads. Do we agree?

I don't care if s/o CTF isn't my game, I'm here to keep you from ripping throats out, and make sure you at least use some common sense when writing posts.

What's new to learn?

You could start by playing the game instead of spending all your time here, whining about it. I don't think I've ever seen such a defeatist attitude ever.
 Rad Blackrose
09-21-2003, 10:46 AM
thos that say sabers dont do enough damage.... lol do a downward hack in red slash on the back of someone's head some time.

Actually, since damage is not consistent across game modes, you can't get away with that statement. And considering the fact that I HAVE done that and it took a 3 hit combo to kill a person in standard FFA, that holds no water Watson.

Drain... probably is an opportunity for lameness, however it would be better if it could only be used when you have 50 force or more... no problem there. (personally i think it should only drain 50% of the victims force)

Or reduce the force:hp conversion ratio even further, like what happened between 1.03 and 1.04.

EDIT: Whoops, cut the post short... That's what I get for sticking with a girl until 7 in the morning.

Roll stab... lol, enter the new 1.02 DFA/ 1.03 backstab. I reckon 50 force for this move after all it's a one hit kill 90% of the time.

Sorry, the Dual Saber Kata with high force regen factors is taking the crown right now.

BTW:- make yellow overhead useful please, it's nigh on impossible to land a hit with it, no matter where the opponent is.

Now THERE'S a statement I agree with.

I see far too many pointless "I agree completely, shaft" posts.

Not our fault he makes things seem so obvious.
 Jah Warrior
09-21-2003, 11:01 AM
Actually, since damage is not consistent across game modes, you can't get away with that statement. And considering the fact that I HAVE done that and it took a 3 hit combo to kill a person in standard FFA, that holds no water Watson.

read the note at the bottom of my above post... before getting on your high horse son.

Or reduce the force:hp conversion ratio even further, like what happened between 1.03 and 1.04.
good idea, maybe make its range smaller too.

Sorry, the Dual Saber Kata with high force regen factors is taking the crown right now.

you fall for that? LOL. heres a tip.... stand back and drop a downward hack on their head as the move finishes ;) Besides it takes 50 force (and rightly so!)
 Rad Blackrose
09-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Jah Warrior
you fall for that? LOL. heres a tip.... stand back and drop a downward hack on their head as the move finishes ;) Besides it takes 50 force (and rightly so!)

First of all, high force regen negates the 50 force cost. Second, its nigh unavoidable for those who are already engaged in FFA with 3+ people only to have one walk right in the center, nail mouse1+mouse2, and watch the carnage ensue.

Oh, and BTW, the roll stab works nicely against those buggers as well. ;)

EDIT: Whoops, we're on a different page, sorry mate!

And I messed up on my prior post, drain force:hp ratio was reduced 1.02 - 1.03
 C'jais
09-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Rad Blackrose
First of all, high force regen negates the 50 force cost. Second, its nigh unavoidable for those who are already engaged in FFA with 3+ people only to have one walk right in the center, nail mouse1+mouse2, and watch the carnage ensue.

I'm getting flashbacks to the whole DFA/Backstab issue.

As the move is pretty immobile, I've only myself to blame if I get killed by it.

BTW Jah: Is hermes up? The IP doesn't seem to work :(
 Jah Warrior
09-21-2003, 11:16 AM
It's gonna be up later today, gotta send some mails n stuff which will cause lag right now :( better to hold off till the conn. is free'd up. btw did i give you the private pass?
 Comm539
09-21-2003, 11:28 AM
You seem to be missing the point again.
There can be a zillion new saber swings, but the issue is that in s/o ctf, you need to stop the flag carrier from running off before any moves can be implemented.

Rage dfa caught him up and was a 1 hit kill <its gone>
kicks slowed and even grounded him <its gone>
ptk was a long range attack <its gone>
strafing to catch up <its gone>
rolling to catch up <its gone>
Pull whorage <repowers the fc to speed off and leaves you ith no force>

You all discredit these things as 'spamming' and 'un-skillful'. Well we don't care, they were ways that worked.

Now here's the big question that none of you people against the reimplementation of kicks etc can answer:

How do you stop an fc, in order to kill him? (with kata's or w/e). Give a workable answer and the complaining for a patch will cease. But I guarantee, you have no answer.
 C'jais
09-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Comm539
Rage dfa caught him up and was a 1 hit kill <its gone>

No, it still works.

kicks slowed and even grounded him <its gone>

Still works as well. Keyword: Saberstaff.

Give a workable answer and the complaining for a patch will cease. But I guarantee, you have no answer.

Ok, what if in 2 weeks time, you've worked out this problem, will you then come back and apologize because you didn't think there were any solution to this, when in fact, there were?
 Comm539
09-21-2003, 11:41 AM
You obviously aren't familiar with ctf strategies, so I don't see how you can discredit them if you don't know why they're there.

Rage = rage and speed (other wise, just rage isn't even as fast as level 3 speed and won't catch an fc). Since this takes 100 force, and dfa needs 25 force each, it is gone.

Saber staff kick is impractical and inneffective. You can't alt fire whilst moving, there fore you need to somehow overtake the fc, stop and then try to kick before the fc whizzes over your head.

If there are anyother solutions I find I will stand here and sing. The fact is, this isn't some tatty pulled together arguement. The entire s/o ctf community is saying the same. We know what strategies work and what doesn't work. No one has found any new way to stop someone who doesn';t want to be stopped, Raven hasn't ever announced a new way to stop someone who doesn't want to be stopped and all of the old ways have been removed.

Still waiting for a workable answer.
 C'jais
09-21-2003, 11:47 AM
You obviously aren't familiar with ctf strategies, so I don't see how you can discredit them if you don't know why they're there.

No, I'm not - but where did I "discredit" them?

Rage = rage and speed (other wise, just rage isn't even as fast as level 3 speed and won't catch an fc). Since this takes 100 force, and dfa needs 25 force each, it is gone.

Makes sense, yes, and I see your point.

Still, when you say "rage DFA", I assume you do mean rage combined with DFA.

Saber staff kick is impractical and inneffective. You can't alt fire whilst moving,

You can: jump-kick.
 SaTsuJiN
09-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Well, I was just bs'ing with Lv 3 drain on a bot before and my force meter was at 100, I hit him with drain and only got like 30 hp back for the entire duration. Maybe your referring the 'weak sabers' towards single sabers because twin and staff have good range and high power. you probably cant whore drain against a saber staff, those folks are everywhere *only uses single*

I do agree about your other problems with the multiplayer though

I think that if Dark force can have Rage, then Light force should be able to combine absorb and protect like in SP to counter it :P
and sp jedi's are cheap with thier single and twin saber kicking lol. I wanna kick with those! XD
 Comm539
09-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Saber staff kicks require you to stop, jump and then alt attack. You firstly need to get ahead of the fc (he has speed and is going the same spped as you, pull whoring only recharges him to speed off again), and secondly, by the time you stopped to alt fire kick, he has jumped over you, past you, or just dodged the kick.

Sorry, rage dfa is sorta a ctf term and is assumed you rage with speed. I meant raging with speed.

Originally posted by C'jais
You could start by playing the game instead of spending all your time here, whining about it. I don't think I've ever seen such a defeatist attitude ever. [/B]

You say play the game, but we can't. There is no longer any way (new or old) to stop an fc who doesn't want to be stopped.
I know your just trying to suggest other ways to stoip an fc, but they've all been discredited before. There are No new or old ways to stop an fc, which is why every s/o ctf game only finishes with the fc leaving.
 C'jais
09-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Saber staff kicks require you to stop, jump and then alt attack.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I thought the jump kick allowed you to kick while in the air (and thus moving)?

Probably already tried, but would it be possible to turn on both rage and speed (thus moving faster than the FC), run up to him and give him a few whacks with the strong stance?
 Comm539
09-21-2003, 12:21 PM
You would need to be level or in front of the fc to jump kick (but he's going the same speed as you). Then you have to stop, before pressing alt and jump. In this time, the fc can whiz past, or since theres no method to pull him towards you, the jump kick misses or he evades it.
It obviously requires a way for you to catch up and overtake the fc in the first place.

Although speed raging and waving a saber about may work on a 'less able' (one without a clue) fc, it certainly won't work in a competetive match.
You have to imagine all the things that were in JO were tried and tested. The things that have been taken out worked, the things that are left didn't work in JO and won't work now. You have to think 'is it new'. If the answer is no, then it won't be affective (already been tried and failed. If it is new, then it might work. But the thing is, there are no new ways.
 SuperNub
09-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Dude, where to start, if you where touched by my words i am sorry (i am not really), i didnt said all that for nothing, i think i made my point in my last post.

My gramar is because i speak spanish.

I am not dork, but you sure are, and i dont think forums are for dorks, but for people who like games, specially a game i ve been wanted for a long time. IS that wrong?

About my ego, rofl, i am the one who smashes YOU.

And whats the problem with my insults, besides the fact it bothered you, hahaha (what an idiot).

Insecurities? lol
Kiddo?

My insults should be fired upon myself? cant you be anymore original? kiddo?
-stupid
-you are the stupid

And i wasnt talking to you in first place, you piece of ****, you dont worth it.
All i know from you is that you are named supernub.

Next time if you feel emotionally touched about that, reply to your wall.

I'd try to reply to that but your entire post is as fallible as Kobe's rape defense.

I am not dork? ..what will you say next, someone set us up the bomb?

www.dictionary.com)

You might learn something, give it a shot Richard Ramirez love child.
Page: 3 of 5