Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official 'Help with Hoth' thread *SPOILERS*

Page: 1 of 1
 davidaway
09-19-2003, 1:02 AM
jeez, i'm still stuck on hoth just at the entrance of the main base where the big hanger doors are shut and you are supposed to find a way in? wtf is the invisible thing that makes noise and u can hit with ur saber? how do i get in? much appreciate any help i'm getting tired and have no more ideas...thanks
 JarJarBinks
09-19-2003, 2:03 AM
Originally posted by davidaway
jeez, i'm still stuck on hoth just at the entrance of the main base where the big hanger doors are shut and you are supposed to find a way in? wtf is the invisible thing that makes noise and u can hit with ur saber? how do i get in? much appreciate any help i'm getting tired and have no more ideas...thanks

There should be some boxes to the right of the wall, jump onto them then jump over the wall.
 StormHammer
09-19-2003, 2:09 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
There should be some boxes to the right of the wall, jump onto them then jump over the wall.

I think he means past that point - at the very large doors to Echo Base.

If so...explore the wasteland in front of the doors...and take particular interest in that broken AT-AT walker buried in the ice. ;)
 JarJarBinks
09-19-2003, 5:52 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
I think he means past that point - at the very large doors to Echo Base.

If so...explore the wasteland in front of the doors...and take particular interest in that broken AT-AT walker buried in the ice. ;)

Oh I see what you mean, I never knew about that, I didn't explore the place, I just followed the e-web fire then I just went around the back of the AT-AT and kept going...I know what you mean about the invisible thing, it's like some robot is under the ground walking around and if you slice the space above the noise it apears that you're hitting something...
 tvalentin
09-19-2003, 4:22 PM
I think i'm stuck on the same part of the Hoth level.

I'm outside the large echo base doors.

I've explored all of the open space, and tried force sence/push/pill on most things but I can't find an alternate route in at all.

I'm guessing you have to blow something up since there are pleny of thermal detonators lying around.

Any help would be really appreciated.

StormHammer
09-19-2003, 4:28 PM
tvalentin...I've already given the answer. You have to walk away from the big doors and explore the icy waste area for a buried AT-AT Walker. Don't walk around the edges with the cliffs, either, because you'll miss it. It's in the middle somewhere. Use Force Seeing if you're really stuck - and you should see some Stormies out there, but appearing to be underground...that's your clue. ;)
 Uber_Saber
09-19-2003, 6:38 PM
I never found the Echo base doors. I just found the entrance in the side of the walker... never looked around. Heh.
 arnie_88
09-21-2003, 4:41 AM
it's the level where Luke asks us to search something in teh snowy area! i was stuck in nowhere!
 Boba Rhett
09-21-2003, 4:45 AM
Follow the lights?
 arnie_88
09-21-2003, 5:20 AM
i followed the lights to the first big gate where you fight with a huge robot! then i got out of it where about 20 soldiers attacked me! then i followed the light to the 2nd big gate! but i couldnt find the alternate way to enter it! Can anyone help?
 qweazdak
09-21-2003, 5:41 AM
when you enter that big clearing head to the left. theres like a building sticking up from the snow in the corner. some imperials are guarding it, and under it is where you go next.
 [PMOH] Wolf-Man
09-21-2003, 5:55 AM
Find the blue forcefield on the side of the ATAT, buried under the snow. To get in you have to turn it off by--- oops, that would be telling.
 arnie_88
09-21-2003, 5:57 AM
I found it but i dont know how to open the blue thing! can u help me PLEASE!
 [PMOH] Wolf-Man
09-21-2003, 6:04 AM
Shoot the little posts either side.
 arnie_88
09-21-2003, 6:10 AM
Thank you so much man!
 Stune
09-21-2003, 10:28 AM
I cant find a way in to Echo base.
 [PMOH] Wolf-Man
09-21-2003, 10:32 AM
 C'jais
09-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Look for a forcefield to the right (I think) of the main entrance.
 Stune
09-21-2003, 10:35 AM
thx....Me now find way to echo base..
 Wanderer
09-21-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Stune
I cant find a way in to Echo base.
Yes...A trooper with a turret is on the building. Once you have move around and saw the forcefield...destroy the 'glowing sticks' that build it up and you can go in....
 Bazerkhead
09-21-2003, 10:39 AM
I've killed the Jedi and the Wompa after the little cut scene half way through the level. Now what? I'm totally clueless what to do next?

Please help!
 Sweq
09-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Yup, my first actual solo mission in the game and I'm stuck. Killed everything in sight, found my way to Echo Base, and now I have *no* clue what I'm supposed to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Pnut_Man
09-22-2003, 1:06 AM
so i'm guessing you're still on Hoth2?

Well, I would use Force Sense and look for the remains of an At-At

;)
 SaTsuJiN
09-22-2003, 2:59 AM
oh.. well have you come accross that blue force field? you just need to break one of the ends off (metal spires on either side) and the force field will break and you can go inside :D
 Sweq
09-22-2003, 3:12 AM
I figured it out within 5 minutes of posting, of course. Force Sense was definitely the key. I just never noticed what I was supposed to notice until I used Force Sense in the right place. I've gotten significantly further along now. Thanks for your help.
 Andy867
09-22-2003, 3:20 AM
Strange, I never used Force Sense of Hoth, but I remembered glancing over to see the shielded area and how it reminded me of the mission with the tram. So I took a stab at it (literally) and progressed on
 Sweq
09-22-2003, 3:29 AM
Like I said, I'm an idiot. I spent forever looking for the 'south entrance' to the base, remembering that referenced in Empire Strikes Back. *sigh* At least I eventually found where I needed to go and was able to move on.

:atat:
 B0MBER II
09-22-2003, 3:45 AM
yeah :p

:atat:
 StormHammer
09-22-2003, 4:25 PM
*bump*
 adillon
10-28-2003, 3:59 PM
so i made my way through the cave and made a right on the other side. dealt with the snowtroopers where that destroyed turret is. followed the pole-lights to an open area (left of the cave exit) where this half-buried AT-AT is, and there's a wall (with gate in the middle) with a t-shaped opening on each side (one has 3 snowtroopers, the other an imperial droid). there's an AT-ST that comes to life, puts up a fight, but doesn't really move much, which i can't seem to destroy (even though i've bombarded it with thermal detonators and my saber repeatedly). i've run around with sense on and can't 'see' anywhere to go or anything on this destroyed AT-AT to break through.

i've run around so much i can't feel my toes anymore ...

-EDITED FOR TYPOS-
 StormHammer
10-28-2003, 5:38 PM
Originally posted by adillon
so i made my way through the cave and made a right on the other side. dealt with the snowtroopers where that destroyed turret is. followed the pole-lights to an open area (left of the cave exit) where this half-buried AT-AT is, and there's a wall (with gate in the middle) with a t-shaped opening on each side (one has 3 snowtroopers, the other an imperial droid). there's an AT-ST that comes to life, puts up a fight, but doesn't really move much, which i can't seem to destroy (even though i've bombarded it with thermal detonators and my saber repeatedly). i've run around with sense on and can't 'see' anywhere to go or anything on this destroyed AT-AT to break through.

i've run around so much i can't feel my toes anymore ...

-EDITED FOR TYPOS-

The AT-AT is after that part.

To destroy the AT-ST, you will find a gun turret not far away. Walk up to it, 'use' it, and you will be able to blast the AT-ST to oblivion with little problem.

Then you simply go up to the wall with the door. On the right, there is some raised ground. Go up there, and you should be able to jump up over the wall...and continue on your way. ;)

If you need any more help, just ask. :cool:
 adillon
10-28-2003, 7:42 PM
d'oh, USE the gun. i wondered how to get that mofo of an AT-ST down for the count. thanks chief, i'll give it a whirl c'est soire.
:D
 JediMeister
10-28-2003, 10:50 PM
If anyone is still lost, check out the walkthrough I've posted on gamefaqs.com at this address: http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/jedi_academy_b.txt)
Page: 1 of 1