Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Woh new forums

Page: 1 of 1
 Dest
09-16-2003, 2:57 AM
Who's ready for some JA coding?

When does the sdk come out?
 Dest
09-16-2003, 3:22 AM
Why is this forum different looking?
 Andy867
09-16-2003, 3:55 AM
With the release of Jedi Academy approaching, the Admins felt a new look was in order, because they felt that dark colors= evil, where as light and bright=good...
SDK is unsure of at the moment, but the Forums were actually just created today (specifically the JA Modelling, JA Mapping, JA Coding)

So, thinking about getting back into making another revolutionary Mod there, DEST?
 Dest
09-16-2003, 4:27 AM
Yeah going to try to make it so people can create their own saber moves with a simple point and click interface.

Don't really know how doable it will be though.
 t3rr0r
09-16-2003, 2:50 PM
this time, don't make everything open source, dest. ;)
 Andy867
09-16-2003, 3:25 PM
as a Super Moderator, I must say that agree, as to avoid another Mod Deathmatch like JediMod Vs. JediPlus.
 Wudan
09-16-2003, 7:08 PM
Heh Cool New Forums. IF You guys need more moderators, give me a shout, yall.
 Dest
09-16-2003, 11:11 PM
That was just because BOFH was an idiot.

Most people actually did cool stuff with the JediMod source code like ForceMod II and JediAcademy Mod
 razorace
09-17-2003, 1:46 AM
That's true. That's why I'm pushing for OJP.
 ImmolatedYoda
09-17-2003, 2:43 AM
i read in one of the many articles/previews/reviews for JA that the source will be released...as to the veracity of this statement, and whether it meant SP or MP, i cannot attest.
 razorace
09-17-2003, 2:51 AM
It's probably going to be MP only again. I've heard that the SP code involves engine code and therefore can't be released to the public.
 Andy867
09-17-2003, 3:08 AM
however, Raven has openly said that a lot of the MP coding is based on SP and that they "modeled" mp from SP, like the ability to script events and such.
 Wudan
09-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Andy867
however, Raven has openly said that a lot of the MP coding is based on SP and that they "modeled" mp from SP, like the ability to script events and such.
Yes these facts have me worried about whether or not they'll give me my code, it is ... my precious ... I NEEDS IT! THEMS MUST GIVES IT TO US!

/me goes running off all frantic-crazed-like.
 The Count
09-17-2003, 2:04 PM
Hey when the Doom 3 comes out, it is likely that they will release the source Code up General Public Liscence I think, but I heard something like that lurking about.
 Dest
09-17-2003, 6:51 PM
Yeah they probabally will, like they did with quake, and quake2
 razorace
09-17-2003, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by Wudan
Yes these facts have me worried about whether or not they'll give me my code, it is ... my precious ... I NEEDS IT! THEMS MUST GIVES IT TO US!

/me goes running off all frantic-crazed-like.

There's no need to panic. They WILL release the MP code. They've already stated that they will release very similar modding tools that they did for JK2.

In addition, they wouldn't have gone to the effort of externalizeing the server->client bit transmission stuff if they weren't going to give us the MP code to actually use it.
 The Count
09-17-2003, 10:09 PM
Please ignore the terrible English on my above post; sorry I don't know what I was doing.
 PhoenixOblivion
09-18-2003, 7:07 PM
Dest: dont assume because you havent heard from me in a while that you can flame me. Im reporting you to admins.

Originally posted by Dest
That was just because BOFH was an idiot.

Most people actually did cool stuff with the JediMod source code like ForceMod II and JediAcademy Mod
 Toonces
09-18-2003, 8:14 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixOblivion
Dest: dont assume because you havent heard from me in a while that you can flame me. Im reporting you to admins.

:confused:

Why the new ID? That IS against the rules BTW :tsk:

They'll release the code, they are just waiting for me to get my hands on a copy first ;)

Hugs and Kisses everybody :D
 The Count
09-18-2003, 11:08 PM
-deleted
 razorace
09-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Ok guys, let's try to get past this issue. We don't want to ruin the first thread in this new forum by flaming. :)
 PhoenixOblivion
09-19-2003, 1:35 PM
And you've just been reported too..

Originally posted by The Count
Thing is you are an idiot; go to hell you fascious bastard.
 Toonces
09-19-2003, 4:23 PM
And this ends here....

There will be no flaming on this board. Take it to PM's or drop it.
 PhoenixOblivion
09-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Thank you Toonces.

Originally posted by Toonces
And this ends here....

There will be no flaming on this board. Take it to PM's or drop it.
 recombinant
09-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Wudan

LOL.

You have my sympathies, wudan.

:holosid:
 The Count
09-20-2003, 2:23 AM
- deleted

If you continue, you will be banned. Consider this as your warning.
 razorace
09-20-2003, 5:18 AM
Originally posted by The Count
Oh no! Mission to piss you off: Accomplished ;)

Funny, but still flaming. Please try again.
 PhoenixOblivion
09-20-2003, 5:50 AM
No big deal. He just got his second report.
 NITEMARE
09-24-2003, 1:02 PM
to bad that it already starts off by such a crap guys. to summ up: dest gave bofh the source code, ehm made it open source. bofh caused chaos with his minor changed mods and got flamed on the forums beyond recognition. now people should forget about the old ways and be thankfull for bofh (disguised as PhoenixOblivion) telling us his new nick.
there can't be a new beginning with the same old flamewars and by the way, you should stick with your new identity if you don't want to get flamed again, "PhoenixOblivion". the whole purpose is wasted now...

however, i hope that it doesn't turn out like the last time with jk2. just one guy, who accidently makes a mistake (actually two guys, dest for giving out the code adn bofh for not thinking about consequenses, he is not evil btw, just ill tempered from time to time) and soon the whole coding community lies in chaos. besides this jedimod vs . jedi plus thing going on, there were several other problems. like people having big mod plans with way to high expectations...
fragmentation is the big issue. not only the modding community got fragmented, but the gamers too. some playing ctf other saber only no force duels and so on.
i hope there will be more unity now.
 Toonces
09-25-2003, 1:53 AM
I'm shutting this topic down since it serves no purpose.
Page: 1 of 1