Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What other things do you collect?

Page: 1 of 3
 Reclaimer
08-27-2003, 11:03 AM
What else do you collect? I collect Gundams and G.I Joes.(The G.I Joes for diplay in my room) ;)

So Z,Daring and Katarn07? What else DO you collect? ;)
 leXX
08-27-2003, 11:06 AM
This forum is about Star Wars collecting only, but I'm in a good mood, so I'll let this one pass, just this once. But remember, in future keep your threads on topic.
 Reclaimer
08-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Yes leXX.
 ZBomber
08-27-2003, 1:31 PM
Yeh leXX. We just need threads. Collecting is already as slow. :(

I collect:

Foreign Money (Alittle bit)
The new Quarters
PEZ
Baseball Bobble Heads
Baseball Cards
Baseball Action Figures

I used to collect GI Joes. I don't have enoguh money to buy those though. The last one I got is the JFK one.
 Katarn07
08-27-2003, 10:07 PM
I was gonna post this but never did because of what leXX said. But she gave us permission :D Thanks leXX!!!

GI Joes/ Ultimate Soldiers/ Dragons/ Blue Box soldiers. I get all sorts of Joes, but only WWII for the last 3 brand names.

Planet of the Apes. I got a few Medicoms (the coolest figures for PotA EVER never released in US and sell for 20-40 each :(), the crappy Hasbro ones from a few years back, and even... even the 2001 movie figures :o

Indiana Jones. All the vintage and even the 12" one. I got 'The Relic Hunter', a nice 12" ripoff of Indy with a much better likeness to Ford then the Toys McCoy one. Got a custom of Indy as a German, and 2 Professor Jones (the second one looks more like Connery, but unlike the first, is in the wrong outfit :rolleyes: ) I have the Disney one, and cannot wait for the second wave of Indy guys :D Know when those are coming out anyone?

Batman. Well, not anymore. I have all my Batman toys I played with on display though. I will retire them soon when worse comes to wose and need it for SW guys.

Xena. Haha, yeah, I just packed them up to make room for some soldiers and SW guys. Maybe if I ever get room, they'll once again be shelf worthy :)

And.... well.... Star Trek. Playmates and Art Asylum. I got 9" and small. I got all the crew members from each series in the 9" assortment (except for the Klingon chick from Voyager, they never made them :mad: ) I cannot wait for the original series Art Asylum guys :cool:

I got tons of crap from movies and other things (Jurassic Park, Congo, Waterworld, Spawn, etc etc etc) in storage. I learned my lesson after selling off my Turtles. I was sitting on a gold mine! They might go up in price over the years. You never know.... ;)
 Reclaimer
08-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Yep I picked up a couple New Battle Scared Gundams today.

Homework coming out of the a$$.
 daring dueler
08-28-2003, 6:29 PM
lets see, some star trek toys, not many now, x files,simpsons, varuous army things, things that have to do with the marines(pins ect), pretty much anything from mcflaren toys(matrix,spawn so on),im gonna start with bond and indy.
 Katarn07
08-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Indy, eh?

Here's some MUST haves.

Vintage Raiders of the Lost Ark figures from Kenner. Very expensive for a few, but not hard to come by. At least here with all the toyshows. eBay is good. I have Indy, Belloq, German Mechanic, and Toht on the card. The rest I have loose along with 2 of 3 playsets made. One thing I need for the collectin to be complete in my eyes is the Ark that came with the 3rd playset!

12" Relic Hunter. Brian had it. I got mine from some military action figure store for only 110 dollars. It's a 12" generic Indy. Don't think it looks bad. It's the best out there, save for the hat. Not terrible, but I've seen better.

Disney Indys. I got the first one they made of him in the leather jacket. I can't wait for the second wave of them as you know.

Misc things to have.

Vintage Temple of Doom figures from LJN. VERY hard to come by. My Indy is a beat up peice of junk I was lucky to snag for 30 bucks at a show. Repro hat from Brian. I got the Giant Thugee loose and on the card and Mola Ram from a dealer at the toy show I now refer to as... Mola Ram :p

Custom Figures. eBay has tons. I got 2 different Henry Jones Srs (12") from there. Plus, I got a 12" custom of Indy as a German at a toyshow. I had my eye on his Indy in tux, Lao Che, Belloq, and Sallah. This fall... this fall...
 ZBomber
08-30-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by daring dueler
lets see, some star trek toys, not many now, x files,simpsons, varuous army things, things that have to do with the marines(pins ect), pretty much anything from mcflaren toys(matrix,spawn so on),im gonna start with bond and indy.

You don't colelct most of that stuff. :p (Like Spawn and X-Files, you jsut boguht them because they were cool.)
 Reclaimer
08-30-2003, 10:18 AM
I collect LOTS of GUNDAMS.

I.Love.Gundams!!!
 daring dueler
08-30-2003, 12:13 PM
models or the toys?

z, i still colect thge stuff, just the ones i like, you have like well, not many joes, but you said you collected those, and some of those are from your dad,i cant find the newer x-files, i have the whole original series, but only display molder and scully. and spawn, i dont have anough money now, which is why i said mcflaren,beacause i love their toys ,a dn collect em.

btw, i alos used to collect coins,........not much any more.

thanx katarn-im going to disney and a toy show (hopefully) later on in the year.
 Reclaimer
08-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Both. I love them so much I have al of them to date!
 daring dueler
08-30-2003, 12:17 PM
thats cool, i almost bought a g gundam figure a month or so ago, he wou;ld just look cool on my shelf.
 ZBomber
08-31-2003, 12:10 AM
I have quite a few GI Joes Taters. Having 1 or 2 figures of soemthing doesn't count as colelcting, like X-Files, you have Mulder, Scully, and an Alien. thats not really colelcting. I have atleast 20 GI Joes, and thats good, since they are expensive.
 daring dueler
08-31-2003, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I have quite a few GI Joes Taters. Having 1 or 2 figures of soemthing doesn't count as colelcting, like X-Files, you have Mulder, Scully, and an Alien. thats not really colelcting. I have atleast 20 GI Joes, and thats good, since they are expensive.

i have the whole series of x-files, which includes...
alien
alien and cave man
mulder with capsule
scully with gernie(sp?)
scully cold weather, and mulder cold weather

and if you look, i said i collect mcflaren.....more than each thing from a serioes from mcflaren......such as terminator, i have him, but i said mcflaren.

and sorry, i thoght you only had a few joes, my appology.
 ZBomber
08-31-2003, 1:50 PM
i have the whole series of x-files, which includes...
alien
alien and cave man
mulder with capsule
scully with gernie(sp?)
scully cold weather, and mulder cold weather

and if you look, i said i collect mcflaren.....more than each thing from a serioes from mcflaren......such as terminator, i have him, but i said mcflaren.

and sorry, i thoght you only had a few joes, my appology.

Oh, I thoguht there were only 3. My apoligys too. ;)

I idn't put this earlier, but I collect signed Baseballs. I have a Red Sox 2002 ball, with about 15 autographs, and 2003 ball with about 20 autographs. I also have indivudal ones of each SOx Player. Just missing a few. :)
 daring dueler
09-01-2003, 1:40 PM
yes.he.does:eek:

alot of them

i have a colelction of cards, but dont collect them, i got them from my dad and mom.
 ZBomber
09-01-2003, 2:11 PM
yes.he.does:eek:

alot of them

i have a colelction of cards, but dont collect them, i got them from my dad and mom.

Did you ever find out how much they were worth?
 daring dueler
09-01-2003, 10:26 PM
only a few....i couldnt find them all, took way to long for just one, ill have to get a book on it or somthing.
 ZBomber
09-01-2003, 10:45 PM
only a few....i couldnt find them all, took way to long for just one, ill have to get a book on it or somthing.

Check out some of them on EBay. Then you'll have a good diea (make sure to check the final bids)
 daring dueler
09-01-2003, 11:40 PM
ok, will do, i looked on becket or somthing like that..
 ZBomber
09-03-2003, 12:11 AM
ok, will do, i looked on becket or somthing like that..

Yeh, online ones sucks. Mostly the official ones. I'l ltry and find some good sites for prices tommarow for you, but this is Z, Goign to bed. ^_^
 Katarn07
09-04-2003, 1:05 AM
First things I'm gonna start collecting without my dad and his money!

Matrix - I plan on just Neo and Trinity from the lobby scene, but may get more if I like Reloaded enough.

Lord of the Rings - Armies of Middle-Earth. They're cool little minatures of characters or army builders. Cheap too. Plan on getting the main characters and a few army builders like the Orc 3 packs. I know, I know! I don't like these geeks either into AD&D and LotR and all, but I like LotR for the movies and books. Not for the Elvish and all the chronological crap written on them. I reserve that much useless ficitonal knowledge for SW alone :D
 daring dueler
09-04-2003, 7:11 PM
the mateix figures rule!
 ZBomber
09-04-2003, 7:40 PM
the mateix figures rule!

I saw all of them in Baltimore.

I have come to the conclusion that:

MASSACHUSETTS SUCKS. :(
 daring dueler
09-06-2003, 12:30 AM
only for star wars, we got tons of mcflaren toys around here from baseball, matrix to spawn and terminator....ive seen the whle matrix colection, gonna get that cshatou scene.
 Katarn07
09-06-2003, 1:57 PM
Might I ask how common the McFarlen Sammy Sosa was? Kerry Wood was around, but Sosa was impossible! I was lucky enough to snag some Starting Line Ups rare here in Chicago-land up in Wisconsin's Walmarts (along with some SW and ST if memory serves....) I'd have gotten Wood if I saw Sammy :)

By the way, off eBay? I managed to snag Indy Disneys Wave 2. All 5 for 62 dollars! That's less than 13 bucks a peice :) (my guesstimate of what Disney's gift shop will charge)
 ZBomber
09-06-2003, 2:11 PM
No we don't daring. We have like 5 different kinds around here, and they are old.

Originally posted by Katarn07
Might I ask how common the McFarlen Sammy Sosa was? Kerry Wood was around, but Sosa was impossible! I was lucky enough to snag some Starting Line Ups rare here in Chicago-land up in Wisconsin's Walmarts (along with some SW and ST if memory serves....) I'd have gotten Wood if I saw Sammy :)

By the way, off eBay? I managed to snag Indy Disneys Wave 2. All 5 for 62 dollars! That's less than 13 bucks a peice :) (my guesstimate of what Disney's gift shop will charge)

Sammy isn't that rare. I have him. Its just they release about 2 of the hometeam's figure. I know, I never saw Manny, Nomar, Pedro, or Derek Lowe in stores. We had to order them off EBay, and I still haven't gotten Derek Lowe yet.....
 leXX
09-06-2003, 9:14 PM
I have the McFarlane Matrix Series 1 figures of Neo, Trinity and Morpheus, and they are excellent. I highly recommend them. =)
 ZBomber
09-07-2003, 1:03 AM
Originally posted by leXX
I have the McFarlane Matrix Series 1 figures of Neo, Trinity and Morpheus, and they are excellent. I highly recommend them. =)

Indeed they are. The twins are pretty neat too. :D
 daring dueler
09-07-2003, 12:41 PM
yeah, the twins are4 pretty cool, but i wanna get that boxed chateau scene.
 leXX
09-08-2003, 7:17 AM
The chateau scene looks too big to me. I just don't know where I'd put it. I'm running out of space as it is.
 swphreak
09-08-2003, 9:33 AM
I recently collected some Star Trek Micro Machines. Got all 3 collector boxes off eBay. That's about the only other thing I collect besides my Action Fleet and Star Wars Micro Machines
 ZBomber
09-08-2003, 6:20 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I recently collected some Star Trek Micro Machines. Got all 3 collector boxes off eBay. That's about the only other thing I collect besides my Action Fleet and Star Wars Micro Machines

Whats up with you and micro sized items? Some kinda fetish? :xp:

Just kidding, you Floridian. :)

Anyone else collect Baseball cards?
 Katarn07
09-08-2003, 8:14 PM
Chateu? Is that from Reloaded, or did I miss something :confused:

I packed away some baseball things and spread out my Dragon and Ultimate Soldier German armies :cool: Only remaining baseball things are both complete sets of bobble heads from Post cereal this year and last year and a Cubs ball my dog stole from the neighbors :p
 leXX
09-09-2003, 8:15 AM
Chateu? Is that from Reloaded, or did I miss something :confused:

Yes, it's a scene from Reloaded with some bad ass fighting. Here's a pic...

http://www.spawn.com/toys/movies/matrix1/chateau/images/matrix1_chateau_photo_03_dp.jpg)
 swphreak
09-09-2003, 9:31 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Whats up with you and micro sized items? Some kinda fetish? :xp:

Just kidding, you Floridian. :)

I think the ships are the best part of sci-fi... as well as the story :D

and leXX, those are awesome!
 Katarn07
09-09-2003, 7:27 PM
Oh I've seen that at TRU, but the box is always smashed up and it wasn't looking too cool. I don't look at the Matrix stuff to often, go straight to the SW and military, and am usually outta there.

Now that I got to get Neo and Trinity, WOOSH! Gah! I'll have to look at the other TRUs in my area. Hope I can get those 2. Those are the only Matrix ones I want. And that TI83 I had to buy for Trig? Yeah, no LotR for me :( :p
 ZBomber
09-10-2003, 7:20 PM
I have no matrix figure, but if I could only choose one, it would be one of the twins (I love them)
 daring dueler
09-11-2003, 12:06 AM
ok...i like hot girl twins:D

i personally like the neo the best.
 Katarn07
09-11-2003, 6:09 PM
I got the Indys today!

I like them all :D However, as I stated, Marion is a bit mannish (her face ain't too bad actually, but the thighs are massive :() and the German looks like a homosexual vantriliquist doll with a rifle prop from the 60s Planet of the Apes :eek:

The others are excellent. Like I said, I love them all.
 daring dueler
09-11-2003, 6:34 PM
well i think ill get them when i go to disney.
 ZBomber
09-11-2003, 9:33 PM
Where would you put it thoguh? Your already running out of room.
 Katarn07
09-11-2003, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I've been running outta room for the past few years. But, Z, it's Indy! Indy is the greatest thing, second to Star Wars in my opinion.

Already taken care of!

Sure, I had no room in my Indy display (which you haven't seen) but with the Starting Lineup Baseball guys hanging up on this one thing packed away for a toy show we'll sell at, there was room for them! :D

I'll take a general shot of my basement to show you guys how big my basement is and how many collections we got going. Like I said, Batman is gonna go soon :( But it is for a greater good. Star Wars of course! :p

I really wanna take them out! I want them all out! Are you taking yours out? Do you have the original Indy with the jacket from 2000? The face on the jacketless one is much better ;)
 daring dueler
09-12-2003, 6:14 PM
i dotn have any, voulda got the jacket one, but passed! damn it!

correction z, im running out of room in my star wars section,the rest is open range.
 Katarn07
09-13-2003, 8:33 PM
Vintage Indy Photos (http://home.comcast.net/~pahnke6/wsb/media/150725/site1129.jpg) Sorry I couldn't get a head on shot, but there is a table to the immediate right so that's the most I could pull off :(

12" Indys. (http://home.comcast.net/~pahnke6/wsb/media/150725/site1132.jpg) The Indy as a German and two Professor Henry Jones Srs are customs. The Indy in normal outfit is the relic hunter.

Disney Indys! (http://home.comcast.net/~pahnke6/wsb/media/150725/site1135.jpg) With the schwatztica on the German's crate and it being Disney, I have a feeling it may be retired and be super rare :cool: Well, not for you Taters, but it'd be cool for me :p
 ZBomber
09-13-2003, 9:44 PM
Yeah, I've been running outta room for the past few years. But, Z, it's Indy! Indy is the greatest thing, second to Star Wars in my opinion.

Already taken care of!

Sure, I had no room in my Indy display (which you haven't seen) but with the Starting Lineup Baseball guys hanging up on this one thing packed away for a toy show we'll sell at, there was room for them! :D

I'll take a general shot of my basement to show you guys how big my basement is and how many collections we got going. Like I said, Batman is gonna go soon :( But it is for a greater good. Star Wars of course! :p

I really wanna take them out! I want them all out! Are you taking yours out? Do you have the original Indy with the jacket from 2000? The face on the jacketless one is much better ;)

I was talking to daring.

yeh, but Taters, the other day, you were gonna put Star Wars on the other side of your room.
 daring dueler
09-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Vintage Indy Photos (http://home.comcast.net/~pahnke6/wsb/media/150725/site1129.jpg) Sorry I couldn't get a head on shot, but there is a table to the immediate right so that's the most I could pull off :(

12" Indys. (http://home.comcast.net/~pahnke6/wsb/media/150725/site1132.jpg) The Indy as a German and two Professor Henry Jones Srs are customs. The Indy in normal outfit is the relic hunter.

Disney Indys! (http://home.comcast.net/~pahnke6/wsb/media/150725/site1135.jpg) With the schwatztica on the German's crate and it being Disney, I have a feeling it may be retired and be super rare :cool: Well, not for you Taters, but it'd be cool for me :p

very nice, i like the way they are displayed, simple, but cool.

btw, nice sig pic.

and that 12" sean connery brings one thign to mind,"rough! just the way your mother likes it trebeck! har hahaha har!"
 ZBomber
09-15-2003, 12:09 AM
Nice Katarn, btw, Daring. I can use pics form the site in Katarn's sig for more avatars!
 daring dueler
09-15-2003, 6:47 PM
i know this is spam , but cool, those will make good avs!
\and to make this not so spammy, i think ill get those when i go to disney!
Page: 1 of 3