Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What other things do you collect?

Page: 2 of 3
 ZBomber
09-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
i know this is spam , but cool, those will make good avs!
\and to make this not so spammy, i think ill get those when i go to disney!

I'm going to Dinsye in July. Maybe I''ll pick one up too :)
 daring dueler
09-16-2003, 7:11 PM
i didnt know you liked indy that much?
but good, hopefully they will still be around.
 Katarn07
09-16-2003, 7:23 PM
Brian's sold out! All but Marion, each at 27 or 30 dollars! :eek:

eBay sells for big too! I saw a set of 5 go for 92 dollars! :D
 daring dueler
09-18-2003, 6:40 PM
cool! for you , that means they are good to have especially now when they are in such high demand, hopefully i get them.
 Katarn07
09-18-2003, 11:24 PM
He got them back in I see. They sell for big bucks on eBay if you don't have a buy it now!
 Katarn07
11-29-2003, 2:19 PM
Brian gets 100 for the set of 5 new Indys. I saw a set of 6 (the 1st edition one included) for 100 on eBay. IS Taters back yet or what?

Now for why I came here:

Well of Souls eBay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3160134525&category=2622&rd=1)

Or, if you have crappy connections, here's the description:

You are bidding on the Well of the Souls playset from Raiders of the Lost Ark. In MINT condition with original box (not in mint condition). Includes base, two arches, replica Ark of the Covenant with carrying poles and cover, two torches, 14 snakes, grappling hook with string, mummy and wall with "breakaway" section. Assembly is required; approx. 12"L x 7-1/2"W x 8"H when assembled. Will be shipped DISASSEMBLED with box.
HEY! I mentioned a bonus, didn't I?! Original set did NOT come with action figures. However, I've added an Indiana Jones action figure with pistol and whip plus a Sallah action figure with torch!! Arms on both move at shoulders; legs move at hips and knees. NOTE: Indiana's right thumb broke off years ago and was re-glued (pistol is too large for hand). Although right arm has "quick draw" action, I strongly recommend against using it because the thumb might come off again.

The pictures look very nice, but the pistol that comes with Indy is actually too small for his hand so I have a feeling it may not be the original. Nevertheless, I don't need it for that scene. Wish me luck :D
 daring dueler
11-29-2003, 7:30 PM
im back i am back!

today, saturday i am back, i will poste what i found star wars wise in new stuff whatever, but i got all of the new 5 indy's!!!

and i managed to keep them all mint coming home.

i bought them all for 8$ each, even that crappy looking nazi.

i wont open any, they are all on my wall.
 ZBomber
11-29-2003, 7:38 PM
im back i am back!

today, saturday i am back, i will poste what i found star wars wise in new stuff whatever, but i got all of the new 5 indy's!!!

and i managed to keep them all mint coming home.

i bought them all for 8$ each, even that crappy looking nazi.

i wont open any, they are all on my wall.

Unblock me on AOL, or call me. ;)
 daring dueler
12-02-2003, 8:35 PM
im getting a master replica stand for the f/x version soon, and im thinking about buying a baddy christ from dogma, and a spawn cover figure.
 Katarn07
12-06-2003, 2:10 PM
I got the Well of Souls complete for $90! :D That comes with a box and both Indy and Sallah complete!!! Lucky bastard am I. :p

That completes my vintage Indy collection, unless I were to get a Belloq and German Mechanic loose (always a possibility), a Marion, Indy as a German, and Sallah on the card which would be alot of money and is very unlikely. I'm both lucky and happy to have what I do :)
 daring dueler
12-07-2003, 10:18 PM
well, nice find, too bad im not that into indy collectibles or id hate you;)

what year is it from?
 Katarn07
01-25-2004, 11:58 PM
My dad told me that when he tried to order that Kirk on Friday, it was sold out! :eek:

If you got the last one..... :mad: :p

Anyhow, I went to my hobby shop in search of it but could not find it. I did get those 7" Monty Python Knights and they are spectacular :D

Lines said are:

Arthur: "I am Arthur, King of the Britains!", "You stupid, bastard! You got no arms left!" and "The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!"

Bedevere: "What if we were to make this giant, wooden badger....", "What do you do with witches?", and "How do you know so much about swallows?"

Robin: "I am Robin of Camelot!", "Well, I am a Knight of the Round Table.", and "RUN AWAY!!!"

I like them alot, but still pissed I didn't get Kirk. Hope you got one and they weren't sold out ;)
 daring dueler
01-26-2004, 7:24 PM
well that sux, but as far as i know, i am getting one...

i got a halo elite figure! :D

very very cool on those python figs too though!
 Katarn07
03-11-2004, 8:27 PM
My newest Indy acquisition:

Click (http://www.indianajones.com/collecting/news/img/20040302_bg.jpg)

Muppet Babies is the reason I had a desire to see Star Wars (along with looking at vintage figures at antique stores when I was really young). Anyhow, I had already seen Indy before SW and Kermit as Indy was my favorite thing outta the show :p

Sadly, the new SW store is being gay so they took it down and I gotta wait until I place an order. Really hope I get one to make up for that Kirk.
 dark jedi 8
03-12-2004, 1:10 AM
i wanna start collecting those jay and silent bob figs for some reason.(especially after seeing the movie) plus a buddy christ. hopefully i can go to new jersey this summer and pick some of that stuff up. besides that i dont have any room/money to start collecting anything else but star wars.:( but star wars rocks right?!:o :cool:
 daring dueler
03-12-2004, 7:15 PM
i have a silent bob from clerks, they also sell ones from jay and silent bob strike back, each wis his own bong saber!

thaty have all those, plus buddy christ at my local comic shop......i am gonna buy buddy next time i got there..assuming it hasnt gone anywhere since last week.
 Katarn07
04-27-2004, 5:26 PM
I set up wave 2 of the ST Art Asylum Original Series guys. Very cool figures. :)

Went to the toyshow and the only SW stuff I saw I needed was that furry guy (not Jquille) from the sailbarge and Dengar. Both were 15+ so I left them there.

But I did get some very nice things.

One, a custom 'Commander' Bond. It's Sean Connery in the Commander's uniform from You Only Live Twice. I got it from the guy who had those custom Indys. He also has a Connery in white tux from the opening of Goldfinger I might get. The cool thing is he has a cigarrette in his fingers! :D

A better find was a carded LJN Indt ToD. It was 130 and I asked if they could do better and they said 115! I took him without hesitating. His card is C8 or higher but the bubble is yellowed. It's hard to find those guys without a yellow bubble, let alone on the card.
 dark jedi 8
04-28-2004, 8:07 PM
i just went to my local suncoast and i had to leave. i mean they had so much diff. stuff their. they had resavoir dogs 8" statues and pulp fiction (large lego style sorta) figs. they had predator and alien bobbleheads and a slimer and marshmellow man bobblehead. i wish i had more money but i'm gettin a job in the next few days so maybe next weekend i'll have a couple of those.:D
 daring dueler
04-29-2004, 3:22 PM
i am soon to get mirror kirk and spock.....sar kirk...didnt buy it either.mad..

today i am going to a comic shop, hopefully leaving with a punisher figure, or opefull the predator hunter figure from mcfarlane.
 Katarn07
06-07-2004, 9:42 PM
Hrm, I'm in a tight spot here. I need all these things but have no money! My b-day is coming up though so let's see what I want:

Video Card
Watch
Matrix Guys

I wanna get Neo and Trin Lobby shootout (still) and Smith and Neo from Revolutions. I don't see them for a nice, cheap price so I can only get all the Matrix guys or one of those other things!

If I am to get the Matrix guys, I wanna know if Revolutions Neo has to be up in the air. Can he stand on the ground too and fight Smith? I'll probably get them anyways (though I'll need that video card soon).
 ZBomber
06-08-2004, 3:46 PM
Well, are you planning on getting any games soon for the PC? If so, get the video card, Matrix, then watch (Who needs a watch anyways? :p).

The matrix figures are cool, but you can do so much more with a new video card. And besides, the figures will go down a litle moe if you wait I bet. ;)
 Katarn07
06-08-2004, 5:47 PM
Well I suppose I shoulda said I planned on getting the Matrix Online.... Yes, I know MMORGs suck but it just looks so cool! I signed up to beta it but doubt I'll be selected. I need a new card.

Yeah, who needs a new watch?! :p

I'll get Smith vs Neo first and work on the Lobby set later. :)
 daring dueler
06-11-2004, 2:42 PM
FYI neo cannot stand, however, he has two possible heights at which to fly, on, so close to the groud (WHICH IS WHERE I HAVE HIM) that it looks like a standing pose.

btw,z, the prices will rise on those figures, not drop.
i know you dont read much up on toys, but all the matris figures from series 2 and 3 have risen, and the only one to considerably drop from the 1st is tank.
 Katarn07
06-11-2004, 3:22 PM
I don't like the non-McFarlane ones. I was considering getting a Smith from them but he looked.... well, compared to the McFarlane one crappy.

Yeah, I saw Smith once in the store. I didn't realize Brian got so much for him. I see a good auction for Neo and Smith together on eBay for 10-15 dollars. I'll try to get that. The last few didn't have any bids on them.

Oh, and I was talked outta getting MxO. MMORGs suck; I don't care if it looks cool :p
 ZBomber
06-12-2004, 3:47 PM
FYI neo cannot stand, however, he has two possible heights at which to fly, on, so close to the groud (WHICH IS WHERE I HAVE HIM) that it looks like a standing pose.

btw,z, the prices will rise on those figures, not drop.
i know you dont read much up on toys, but all the matris figures from series 2 and 3 have risen, and the only one to considerably drop from the 1st is tank.

So they are gonna keep rising forever? They will drop eventually.
 Katarn07
06-12-2004, 8:39 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
So they are gonna keep rising forever? They will drop eventually.

They might if some other people made a kijillion Matrix toys. But that's not gonna happen. Indy guys aren't going down in price just because they don't make a million of them like Hasbro does for SW ;)

I'm still getting the video card over the watch for my birthday, but I'm using all the money I have left in my pocket to get the Matrix guys over a female lizard.... I'm only getting Smith and Neo, I want to get Neo and Trin still but will have to wait until I find a good deal (and some money :p).

I'm not entirely sure how I got broke so fast, but my job will start soon after I'm 17 so I'm sure it won't be much of a problem. Thanks for the input, you two ;)
 Katarn07
06-16-2004, 7:40 PM
I had the chance to get Smith and Neo 'Buy it Now' for 14.99 but passed it up! I am such a jackass! :mad: :p

I found Smith for 7.00 'Buy it Now' and used PayPal so he should be here any day now but I'm looking for Neo to hook up with. Price doesn't matter since my dad said he'd pay for the shipping of both of them, just as long as I could pay for the actual figures :)

By the time the Fall toyshow comes, I'll have some spare cash and will look for the Lobby figures for a deal. Only for a deal though. I'll have to be paying for XBOX Live around that time too so I might not get them.

And one last thing: I think McFarlane should make Seinfeld action figures. I'd get 'em! :D
 Katarn07
06-19-2004, 4:47 PM
A triple post? Where the hell are you guys? :p

I got a Neo for .99 off eBay yesterday! He should he here tomorrow. I got the Smith today. He's uber cool :D

Yeah, I picked out a GeForce FX5500 video card and am getting that over a watch for my birthday. It's 110 but I have a 25 dollar off coupon for that store so that'll be good :)
 ZBomber
06-19-2004, 6:53 PM
w00t? :confused:

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro... :p

Good job on getting the action figs, I guess. ;)
 daring dueler
07-09-2004, 9:57 AM
sorry for the lack of posting...cool on the matrix guys.....and with all factors thought of,i dont see whay they woiuld not rise in price, the rare or most wanted ones especially.

btw the non-mcfalane......i know of such a think, but dont forget the orignal mcfarlane ones which looked crappy comparted to the newer ones. you may have seen the older mcfarlane ones....

they were carded instead of packages all in plastic.
 Katarn07
07-09-2004, 10:54 PM
You mean McFarlane Matrix or McFarlane in general? I'm gonna sell my non-Matrix McFarlane in general stuff (Spawn, Spawn, and more Spawn) which do look like crap compared to the newest McFarlane stuff.

Haha. Some dilemma. I got the video card a few weeks ago, my sisters got me Family Guy DVDs (I have to use the $40 one gave me to get Volume 1 myself, Wal Mart didn't have it), and I'm still getting a fricken expensive watch :D
 daring dueler
07-14-2004, 9:03 PM
you bought spawn stuff?!(thats cool) which do you have?

thats cool, all my mcfarlan is between, music, termiator, matrix, ans 2 spaorts things.
 Katarn07
07-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Too many of them. :p

I started from the beginning and quit once the 'Magna' ones came out. I lost interest in that comic. It was the only comic I actually read.

I have the movie guys too even though the movie sucked (it was nothing like the comic and Todd McFarlane did the movie too! Go figure :rolleyes: )
 daring dueler
07-15-2004, 10:02 PM
i kinda liked the movie ( never read the comics though)
"you sent me to hell, im here to return the favor!"~spawn
 Katarn07
07-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Yeah, they changed too much from the Comic. Had to have been due to copyright issues because some guy from another comic kills Al Simmons, not Jessica Priest. She is in the comics and does work for Jason (forgot his last name) and does fight Spawn, but she came much later in the story.

I heard a rumor they were making a Spawn 2 some time ago. If that was true, all I have to say is Angela or Tiffany has to be in it. They're the angels that battle Hellspawns and both have had their share of awesome encounters with Al Simmons.
 daring dueler
07-16-2004, 9:18 PM
i know some of it....

hey did you see kill bill? either one?
i loved em. i think im gunna buy the uma thermon figure "the bride" or maybe the director (questin terantino) as a fighter in a suite with a katana (sword).
 Katarn07
07-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Nope. Is it as good as the sword fight in Reloaded though? That's one of the best fights in the Matrix.

I saw those figures in my Entertainment Earth catalog. They look very detailed.
 daring dueler
07-17-2004, 12:32 AM
see it.whole thing one big gory sword fight. and yes very dtailed figs.cant remebr the maker atm..
 Katarn07
07-27-2004, 3:27 PM
What DVDs do you guys have of TV series? Those qualify as collections. I only have volume 2 of Family Guy but do plan on getting volume 1 when I have the money to blow on it.

I am also getting all 8 sets of Seinfeld as they're released. The first volume contains seasons 1 and 2 (both are shorter than than the other seasons) and I can't wait. Here's a pic of the cover:

http://stanthecaddy.com/dvd1-tn.jpg)

All that bonus stuff looks great :D
 daring dueler
07-27-2004, 5:21 PM
Im definatly getting seinfeld, whens that due out katarn?

umm i own quite a few dvd's but as seasons go.season 1 of simpsons.
 Katarn07
07-27-2004, 5:28 PM
November. No set date. I'm getting mine for Xmas. I want it to be mine and able to come with me when I leave for college.
 daring dueler
07-27-2004, 11:06 PM
yeah, ill either buy it, or get it for xmas...brilliant!
 Katarn07
03-21-2005, 5:49 PM
Sein Season 4 coming mid June in UK. Release date not announced yet in US. I'll get it for my Bday :)

Family Guy Series 2 guys are coming April 2! I found Quag for a low price on eBay. I'll get him tonight and maybe Meg if the guy has her. I save on shipping that way. I'm cheap :p I may or may not eventually get death as well. I know I don't want the others though.
 ZBomber
03-21-2005, 6:56 PM
Get Death instead of Meg. Meg isn't that great. :p
 Katarn07
03-22-2005, 9:07 AM
I'm only getting her to complete the family. Oinky looks pretty cool too :p
 Katarn07
07-08-2005, 5:12 PM
Got Sein for graduation last month.... Finished off my Batman Animated DVD set as well. That show kicks ass. Gotta bring back out a few of my action figs I packed up I think. Check these out

http://www.shopping.com/xGS-batman_hush_action_figures~NS-1~linkin_id-3068608)

Too bad they're too much. Forget those :(
 Darth Smaug
07-09-2005, 1:25 PM
I'm obsessed with guitars and lightsaber hilts..
I got the original dooku,mace,qui-gon,yoda hilts.
 Katarn07
07-09-2005, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
I'm obsessed with guitars and lightsaber hilts..
I got the original dooku,mace,qui-gon,yoda hilts.

Master Replicas or the toy Hasbro ones? And that wouldn't be other things you collect if it deals with SW in anyway. Your guitars would be.
 Darth Smaug
07-09-2005, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Master Replicas or the toy Hasbro ones? And that wouldn't be other things you collect if it deals with SW in anyway. Your guitars would be.

Master Replicas.
I'm only interested in hilts of SW nothing else :)
 Jeff
07-12-2005, 4:03 PM
I do Warhammer. Anybody else collect that?

I have the sein dvds too. I love that show...I also have a ton of sports cards.
Page: 2 of 3