Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The New JA Luke Model

Page: 1 of 2
 TK-8252
08-27-2003, 7:32 AM
Does the new Luke model in JA look a little... mean? Either in the few pictures i've seen he was just at the wrong angle, they tried to make Luke look old but messed him up, or they want him to look mean.
 txa1265
08-27-2003, 8:51 AM
Perhaps ... but from the trailers - including the shot in the ad to the right - he looks 'normal'. I don't know how that wild hair/wild look model we saw before will translate into the game.

Mike
 StormHammer
08-27-2003, 12:33 PM
Well, I think it was down to the angle in the trailer. I don't think he'll look mean...probably just showing the effects of so much responsibility.

The only thing I think they need to change is his black outfit. I mean...the time for mourning is over, Luke, and you're a light-side guy now. ;)

I'd actually prefer to see him in the robe he wore briefly in Return Of The Jedi, to lend him that air of mystery and authority.
 FK | unnamed
08-27-2003, 12:38 PM
kind of weird how the baddest mofo in the galaxy has a... hair helmet.

:eek:
 Wudan
08-27-2003, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by FK | unnamed
kind of weird how the baddest mofo in the galaxy has a... hair helmet.

:eek:

It's from all that time he spends in an X-Wing.
 Visac
08-27-2003, 1:48 PM
They should give them all a classic 70s look again. :)
 StormHammer
08-27-2003, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by Visac

I absolutely agree. >:D
 Prime
08-27-2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
The only thing I think they need to change is his black outfit. I mean...the time for mourning is over, Luke, and you're a light-side guy now. ;)What colours would be better, do you think? I kind of like the black :)

Originally posted by StormHammer
I'd actually prefer to see him in the robe he wore briefly in Return Of The Jedi, to lend him that air of mystery and authority. I'm not quite sure which one you mean. Didn't he wear black for the whole movie?
 StormHammer
08-27-2003, 3:23 PM
Originally posted by Prime
What colours would be better, do you think? I kind of like the black :)

I actually liked his outfit in ANH. :)

I'm not quite sure which one you mean. Didn't he wear black for the whole movie?

I'm talking about the brown robe (cloak) he wears when he enters Jabba's Palace...and quickly discards before he battles the Rancor... ;)
 Sivy
08-27-2003, 3:34 PM
yes, i think they should of changed his clothes. the black tunic & pants is getting abit old. maybe he should wear something like obi-wan in ANH only abit more darker and abit more moderner.

but you're right about him looking mean...

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/models/10.jpg)

someone needs a hug

:D
 BigMexican
08-27-2003, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by Visac

you mean the spaced out stare carrie fisher got from doing too much coke in her trailer before shooting? ahh to be a celebrity in the 70's!

as for luke's clothes, they do look kinda stupid, his tunic looks like a mini skirt with the belt on! oh well, he cant look any worse than kyle katarn in my opinion. thank god i wont have to play as him again!

hopefully they'll have a bad guy as cool as desann in JA. half man ... half dinosaur ... YOU CANT GO WRONG!!! ... maybe his twin brother?
 lukeiamyourdad
08-27-2003, 3:59 PM
I'm not sure but I guess that just maybe, Luke could have fallen to the dark side and your job is to bring him back by kicking his ass in a duel...it'll explain his look.
 Master William
08-27-2003, 4:01 PM
I am totally fine with his new look, it is after all the age that makes him change. And I also heard he kept suffering of Anakins death, so the looks of his face could be sadness or anger because of that. I mean, The Chosen One died! His Father!

[Removed due to Information retaining to the Illegal Beta]
 txa1265
08-27-2003, 4:06 PM
Originally posted by Master William
Anyway, I know who the last boss in JA is... I won't say anything though, only if you PM me, and I can PM you back with the answer. PLEASE GOD DON'T SPOIL THIS!!! Some of us want SOME level of surprise that all of the BETA PIRATE INCONSIDERATES have not taken yet ...

Whew .... [rant off]

Mike
 taekwondo joe
08-27-2003, 4:09 PM
my 2 cents. luke looks better, i hate the 70's hair styles so i dont want him to go back to that, luke was wimpy little punk in the movies, cept in rotj, now the more evil mean weathered he looks, the better, he is supose to be this bad mother, well, he should start to look it
 BigMexican
08-27-2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Master William
And no, it is not Desann :rolleyes:

is it his brother? or at least someone with a dinosaur head? darth t-rex!!!
 Master William
08-27-2003, 7:04 PM
I did not download that illegal beta, I heard from a friend who got it, and he sent me some screenies, hehe...

Well, no, it is not a dinosaur.
 Blademaster_109
08-27-2003, 11:39 PM
But yeah in the press kit it has the model and his eyes are all dark.
 Kurgan
08-28-2003, 6:12 AM
Bah, why do people always assume black clothes = dark side?

I suppose that means the Jedi Council is full of Sith sympathizers... (George, don't you dare!).
 Crow_Nest
08-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah, in the presskit luke's hair is kinda messy.
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 2:15 PM
Originally posted by crow_nest
Yeah, in the presskit luke's hair is kinda messy. Luke - How many times have I told you to stay away from the power couplings! ... ;)

Mike
 taekwondo joe
08-28-2003, 3:32 PM
you guys actually liked desann? i thought he was crap badie, which is why as soon as they put out the vadertodesann mod, i grabbed it, desann is just, well, sucky looking, "monkey lizard" the best dang badie of all the dark forces jedi knight games was.... Maw, the half mother mamajama flying around scared the crap outa me
 Prime
08-28-2003, 3:43 PM
At least in that picture Luke looks like he can kick ass... :)
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 4:02 PM
Originally posted by taekwondo joe
you guys actually liked desann? Yes I really did ... and Tavion. They were both very flawed as baddies - intentionally so. Tavion was a power-hungry apprentice, who took on the dark side for power but wasn't really worthy of that power yet. Dessan grew up hateful and his force power allowed that to overtake him ... the valley enhanced that, but the valley was largely depleted from JK's end, so he couldn't take over the universe ... he was just one failed, weak little kowakian monkey-lizard grown into a vengeful dark jedi ...

Mike
 master_thomas
08-28-2003, 5:47 PM
In one of the trailers, Luke looked a lot more peaceful. I think it's either his combat look or a weird angle.
 Prime
08-28-2003, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
he was just one failed, weak little kowakian monkey-lizard grown into a vengeful dark jedi ... I just wish he wasn't purple :(
 txa1265
08-28-2003, 6:44 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I just wish he wasn't purple :( At least he doesn't sing ... (my kids missed the Barney generation, though ...)

:D

Mike
 |GG|Carl
08-28-2003, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by Sivy B

Darth Luke?

He looks... Mad!
 taekwondo joe
08-28-2003, 9:05 PM
well he was flawed in his looks, he was cool, like voice and all, but his look was, well, very bad, i need some evil looking dude, some one i might not want to face in real life, some one to to strike fear in me...tavion looks like peter pan and tinker bell mixed, with that feather,
 master_thomas
08-29-2003, 3:17 AM
....tavion looks like peter pan and tinker bell mixed, with that feather
Ha ha, never thought of that.

Desann's voice was good, but you're right. His look was a bit off. Let's see. Just add horns, change his color to red and/or black, maybe some fangs, a black cloak, and he could look pretty evil.

Maybe the angry Luke was just to make the model presentation look cooler.
 Tarus
08-29-2003, 3:31 AM
Sorry to go off topic but...I don't think darth vader was the chosen one was he?

It could be debated that Luke is.

The chosen one is suppose to bring balance to the force. So did vader do that by killing all the jedi? Or is luke doing it as he tries to rebuild the jedi (which ends up with quite a few dark jedi and of course luke don't use many old jedi traditions because they were lost).
 Andy867
08-29-2003, 5:56 AM
Darth Vader is the chosen one because he started out on the "light side" of the force, then he succumbed to the "dark side" but then near the end of ROTJ, he came back to the light side which ended up saving Luke and the universe from the Emperor's tyranny. Basically, its never been known for someone who has gone to the dark side to come back, but when Vader did, it brought the Force back into balance. and then in EU, as Kurgan was telling me, Luke goes to the dark side in an agreement with the Cloned Emperor Palpatine, and then is brought back by Leia. so Vader's switch of sides made him the Chosen one, or one who allowed those who were on the dark side to come back to the light side of the Force.
 txa1265
08-29-2003, 8:41 AM
[I'll just do without the whole cloned Palpatine thing ... :rolleyes: ... sorry]

Luke and Anakin both have destinies pivotal to the salvation of the galaxy. It is Luke's desttiny to destroy the emperor and Anakin's to bring the Force back into balance. Yet their actions are interdependant, as Luke saves Anakin, thus allowing him to destroy the dark side in the form of Palpatine and within himself ...

As for Tavion, she is part of the 'female characters whose appearance on screen give me wife reason to make smart-a$$ comments about me staring at computer generated sex-kittens ;) Just like the blonde from EFII (not good ol' Telsia) or Aida from Unreal II ... or (the list goes on ... )

But I liked her ... and Dessann. They are not Palpatine or even Jerec ... they are part of a plot to take over the galaxy ... but need more than they can do themselves in the form of Galak and the Reborn armies ... nice flawed enemies ...

Mike
 Crow_Nest
08-29-2003, 11:13 AM
At least he doesn't sing ... (my kids missed the Barney generation, though ...)

lol.:p
 Pedro The Hutt
08-29-2003, 1:16 PM
I wonder why they gave him that white "flap" as part of his outfit, in Return of the Jedi it was only at the very end of the movie and that was probably because part of his tunic had come loose from all the fighting. You'd assume he would have fixed that by the time JA began, or even, gotten a more light jedi appropriate outfit.
 lukeiamyourdad
08-29-2003, 3:11 PM
Well he might not know what a Light Jedi outfit is. I mean he only saw Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan wearing it but he might have thought they just had bad fashion snese or something. Besides, it would be pointless if he wore the standard clothing, you would be also wearing it so it kinda kills the purpose of choosing your own clothes.
 TK-8252
08-29-2003, 3:24 PM
If Luke wants to wear black the rest of his life, they should make his tunic like it was when he was at the Sarlacc, before it got torn (is he still wearing the same clothes as he was in RotJ?! Eww... those rebels!) But the Jedi in JO didnt exactly wear the same clothes as the Jedi in TPM and AotC, so it seams the Jedi code had changed with the New Jedi Order about the dress code.

But hey, there's always room for skinning!
 Obi-Wan X
08-29-2003, 4:46 PM
Meh...Lukes fine. It's Kyle that needs a change :D
 |GG|Carl
08-29-2003, 5:57 PM
Originally posted by Andy867
...and then in EU, as Kurgan was telling me, Luke goes to the dark side in an agreement with the Cloned Emperor Palpatine, and then is brought back by Leia.
:eyeraise: What? are you kidding? Luke joined the dark side, palpatine was cloned, and Leia brought luke back from the dark side?

Never heard of that one before...
 txa1265
08-29-2003, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by |GlobensGeng|
:eyeraise: What? are you kidding? Luke joined the dark side, palpatine was cloned, and Leia brought luke back from the dark side?

Never heard of that one before... Sure ... the EU is the 'land of opportunity', which means it is full of stuff like that ... and Vader's gloved hand having some special power and being found on Endor, and ObiWan's lightsaber being found on Yavin ... and even some enemy I can only approximate as the anti-Borg [runs away before this turns intto another NJO discussion ... :hatchrun: ]

Mike
 Andy867
08-29-2003, 6:18 PM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
If Luke wants to wear black the rest of his life, they should make his tunic like it was when he was at the Sarlacc, before it got torn (is he still wearing the same clothes as he was in RotJ?! Eww... those rebels!)

Originally Posted by Pedro the Hutt
You'd assume he would have fixed that by the time JA began, or even, gotten a more light jedi appropriate outfit

That assuming that he knows how to sew.He would probably defned the entire Yavin Galaxy before he would sew. And with Leia off saving the galaxy from political scandal (assuming she is still alive), who is there to sew for Luke???
 Kurgan
08-30-2003, 12:33 AM
He'd just make some first-year Padawan do it.

; )

And give his X-Wing a fresh coat of wax while he's at it.
 2 Good 4 U
08-30-2003, 1:09 AM
Originally posted by master_thomas
In one of the trailers, Luke looked a lot more peaceful. I think it's either his combat look or a weird angle.

yeah, in that one he had his "game face" on :D
 Pedro The Hutt
08-30-2003, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Well he might not know what a Light Jedi outfit is. I mean he only saw Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan wearing it but he might have thought they just had bad fashion snese or something. Besides, it would be pointless if he wore the standard clothing, you would be also wearing it so it kinda kills the purpose of choosing your own clothes.

Well not per se the traditional Jedi robes (altough I'm still crossing my fingers that I can stuff my Jedi in them) , but sometime with a lighter colour in it XD But his current outfit is not bad really, I quite like it, the best outfit Luke had in the entire trilogy. But seeing as it was defined that the black outfit was chosen to indicate that he was close to the dark side he might want to wear something now. But ah well, it might now indicate that he's so certain of his allignment in the Force that the clothing style doesn't matter to him. ^.^ *goes on rambling*
 JEDI OUTCAST
08-30-2003, 1:31 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
Well not per se the traditional Jedi robes (altough I'm still crossing my fingers that I can stuff my Jedi in them) , but sometime with a lighter colour in it XD But his current outfit is not bad really, I quite like it, the best outfit Luke had in the entire trilogy. But seeing as it was defined that the black outfit was chosen to indicate that he was close to the dark side he might want to wear something now. But ah well, it might now indicate that he's so certain of his allignment in the Force that the clothing style doesn't matter to him. ^.^ *goes on rambling*

:wstupid:
 t3rr0r
08-30-2003, 1:56 PM
i wish he wore his jabba's palace outfit. it's so much better than his death star 2 look.
 PrimoSidone
08-30-2003, 2:51 PM

why does JA not use that style saber blade? why that dumb ass bad quality one.... :(
 Crow_Nest
08-30-2003, 3:10 PM
Luke's face looks kinda evil in that pic.
 2 Good 4 U
08-30-2003, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
i wish he wore his jabba's palace outfit. it's so much better than his death star 2 look.

it's the same thing, but with a cloak....
 t3rr0r
08-30-2003, 8:24 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
why does JA not use that style saber blade? why that dumb ass bad quality one.... :(
because that blade wasn't rendered with the modified q3 engine.

Originally posted by 2 Good 4 U
it's the same thing, but with a cloak....
go watch return of the jedi. now.
Page: 1 of 2