Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Website Is Back!

Page: 1 of 1
 The_One
08-11-2003, 9:17 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, brothers and sisters, friends and family - The Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Knight II (http://darkforces.jediknightii.net) (possibly Jedi Academy) is back! We have been down for well over a month, and now, we are back, better than ever!

Due to the inconvenience of a hacker, and then some very un-helpful server admins, our site - and indeed many others, have been down for a long time. That is the short version. If you seek a more "in depth" explanation, head in the direction of the forums - a refuge for those MOD fans who could not live without regular updates. Anyway, all you need to know now, is that we are back, with a new site design - and hopefully for good.

A bunch of stuff has been going on while we've been down. I won't spoil you with it all now, you'll have to wait for future updates to get the full scoop - but for now, we will spoil you with one update. More precisely, a demo update. Finally, after months of waiting, we are able to deliver a patch/update to the demo we released over six months ago. This includes:

a completely new Kyle model
simple EAX support for the Secret Base
fixed shot effects for the Bryar pistol (including Imperial Officer shot)
more sparkly helmet for the Imperial Commando
new Blaster and Bryar pistol models and skins
"correct" menu music
some shader fixes
one menu fix

It's not much, but it's better than nothing! A multiplayer model release of the new Kyle will follow shortly. You can download the patch for the demo over in the downloads section. Enjoy!

We also hope that you like the new website design. This was a collaborative effort between myself, and graphics "guru" Fracman. With our combined skills we hoped to create a great website, resembling the Dark Forces datapad, and other DF elements - this, I think, we have achieved. You can vote in the poll on the right, and tell us what you think about the new design.

For now, that's it. Stay tuned over the next few days for a further update, and one of our fabled "what's been going in in every department of the MOD for the past month" updates.

See you then,

The Dark Forces MOD Team
 Boba Rhett
08-11-2003, 9:18 PM
WHEWT!

*rolls in a keg of root beer*
 ZBomber
08-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
WHEWT!

Hey, bring some Root beer too. ;)

Great. I can't wait. :)
 Katarn07
08-11-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
WHEWT!

Don't you got anything stronger than that? :(

Glad to see the site up, and must post on this. YEAY! Cool banner by the way whoever did it (The_One?) ;)

I'm working out getting a new PC, but it ain't coming anytime soon.... Summer 2004 is the soonest I can get it I'm afraid.

Once school starts up, I'm sure I'll have the chance to check out the site during my free period. Since it's 50 minutes, I'm sure I'd have more than enough time to do that and post here again if I can get past the filters this year like last year :p If not, don't count on it....

EDIT - Checked out the site. You've outdone yourself!!!! Very user friendly compared to the last design, and very cool graphically. Love the banner and the PDA affect of the place. Great job, The_One ;) :D
 Emon
08-11-2003, 10:18 PM
The banner is cool, but it doesn't line up. I don't think it can handle my manly 1600x1200 resolution, arough!

On another note, the forum banner looks cool, but I don't like the color raping. The blue text for forum doesn't fit at all, and the gradient for the URL isn't so hot, but the rest of the color os okay. And is that supposed to be blood or cloth?
 TK-8252
08-12-2003, 12:34 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! The website rocks! I just love the enemy animations in the bottom right corner. Especially the Ewok! Heh heh...
 Infinity Blade
08-12-2003, 7:07 AM
Originally posted by The_One
A multiplayer model release of the new Kyle will follow shortly.

Actually, I have already released the model for multiplayer, and have included an SP pk3 as an extra in it as well... for those who'd like to play regular JO SP with the model.

You could add a link to it, or post the file on the site, though.
 The Count
08-12-2003, 9:48 AM
Hurray, I got a new Avatar!
 Mullaney
08-12-2003, 5:01 PM
I was really surprised to see the site up, so when I clicked on it it was like christmas or something. THe site is very cool, I like the Dark Forces sprites in the bottom corner.
 Fracman
08-12-2003, 5:06 PM
Katarn07: thanks, I was the one who did the GFX stuff while The_One was behind the HTML and scripting.

Emon, do you have Opera? Just curious... a friend told me the banner was overlapping the forum a bit in Opera.

The brown color to the left and right is meant to be some fake bantha leather.
 ImmolatedYoda
08-13-2003, 12:26 AM
i absolutely ADORE the animations in the lower right hand corner, they rock! i love the Ewok getting fried, i never saw that in the game :p. great job on getting it back up, cant wait for updates!
 Fracman
08-13-2003, 2:31 PM
The Ewok was kept imprisoned in the Imperial detention center I think, in a cell next to Crix Madine, but pls. correct me if I'm wrong.
 The_One
08-13-2003, 7:58 PM
Originally posted by Fracman
The Ewok was kept imprisoned in the Imperial detention center I think, in a cell next to Crix Madine, but pls. correct me if I'm wrong.

It also appears in the Research Facility, but you have to cheat to get to it...
 Darth_Linux
08-14-2003, 4:23 AM
there's one in the ship on Ramses Hed as well, but it's extrememly hard to get to him after triggering all the blocks to move in the right sequence.

The ewok appears in Research Facility not Detention Level btw, but it's easy to get those two levels confused.
 Fracman
08-14-2003, 3:46 PM
Heh, yes, Research Facility makes more sense to hold an Ewok for some experiments. Perhaps they tried new kind of food on him :D

wok1

(Note: it seems the : ewok : Smiley doesn't work :confused:, use the "w o k 1" (whitout whitespaces and without leading and trailing ':' !! )
 chris the cynic
08-14-2003, 4:37 PM
Originally posted by The_One
It also appears in the Research Facility, but you have to cheat to get to it...

Actually you don't. You can get to it without cheating, but that would end your game because you can't get back without cheating. The dark forces FAQ (wherever it is) tells you how.
 Fracman
08-14-2003, 5:06 PM
Here it is, and it provides online html and downloadable offline versions:
Dark Forces FAQ (http://www.geocities.com/darkforces_faq/index.html)
 Darth_Linux
08-14-2003, 5:42 PM
Originally posted by chris the cynic
Actually you don't. You can get to it without cheating, but that would end your game because you can't get back without cheating. The dark forces FAQ (wherever it is) tells you how.

I've never been able to make that jump without cheating . . . could be me I guess.
 chris the cynic
08-14-2003, 7:22 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
I've never been able to make that jump without cheating . . . could be me I guess.

I don't think I did it too many times(i.e. I failed a lot.) Really not worth it cheating is far easier, and if you get there you have to cheat to get out anyway.
 Barry Brien
08-15-2003, 1:39 AM
It's possible to do, but no, it's not worth it. Once you get in there, there's no way of getting out alive, and no powerups, so effectively you've wasted a life.
 michael_collins
08-15-2003, 9:51 AM
Aright barry :D

Failte to the forums from another irishman, not very many ive seen here thou its good to have a small amount (too many and there will be barfights).

Anyways welcome.

PS im hungover disregard this post if you wanna and the website is much appreciated The One.
 The Count
08-15-2003, 3:14 PM
I was born in Dublin, and the majority of my family live in Cork.
 Barry Brien
08-15-2003, 8:48 PM
Hi Michael,
I've been around these forums for a while, I just don't post too much. I did work on some of the textures for secbase, but I had to give it up due to a lack of free time. I have great interest in this project though, and I would like to get involved with it again at some stage.
 kasser
08-16-2003, 7:31 PM
well I guss this theard going to be CHAT PAGE

anyway thanks you The One :D

But you know, the first site -the one with blue color- was preety cool :o
Page: 1 of 1