Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WHich Force power?

Page: 1 of 1
 griff38
08-04-2003, 3:01 PM
This is a link to one of thr screenshots at lucasarts.com.

Which force power is this? Does not look like regular grip.

photo (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/28.jpg)

30 % brighter (http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/griffmanco/vwp?.dir=/one&.dnm=bright+30%25.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t)
 Reclaimer
08-04-2003, 3:06 PM
It looks lile the yellow is the blade and the guy is useing force pull while at the same time was the blade coming back in to hand.
 Sam Fisher
08-04-2003, 3:12 PM
I kinda looked like a move of some kind... and what he said^
 HertogJan
08-04-2003, 6:31 PM
The yellow thing?? It's a lightsaber :rolleyes:

Haha well it does look weird, but it's a lightsaber held in a strange way, so you only see the bottomside of it...
 lllKyNeSlll
08-04-2003, 7:15 PM
That is throw like he said.
 boinga1
08-06-2003, 1:13 AM
If it's the bottom of th saber....where's the hit? And I thoghut there was no Throw.
 yolkboy
08-06-2003, 2:17 AM
No, there will be throw in JA. Hehe... Pull + Throw has gotten into SP now :D
 Tarus
08-06-2003, 2:22 AM
Im kinda disappointed that theya re adding visuals like that. The force is 'invisible' in most forms. Sadly the fact that people want eye candy overrules that and so we get red and blue glows :(
 Hellfire Jedi
08-06-2003, 2:31 AM
No one said it was invisible...
 yolkboy
08-06-2003, 3:50 AM
4-10-2003: I officially snorted a Pixy Stick. :lol:
 ImmolatedYoda
08-06-2003, 4:32 AM
THATS NO FORCE POWER, THATS THE BOTTOM EDGE OF THE SABER TRAIL!! :eek:
 Tarus
08-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Yes, well I dont' remember seeing a blue glow about yodas hand as he lifted the x-wing, nor a red glow around vaders hand and the poor admirals neck as he was choked.

The only reason they threw these in is for eye candy so that people who like to look at pretty glowing things will buy their game.
 Reprehence
08-06-2003, 11:57 AM
I find it intersting that they would put up a screenshot that is so confusing. There are a lot of interpretations of what's going on, but nothing I've heard is very satisfying yet. It doesn't look like a saber or a saber trail - and there's the big glow around the players hand - but the animation isn't what pull looked like in JO (maybe it's new - but it's kind of strange looking). It almost looks like the character has taken a swing at something. The question is - once we've played the game will the screenshot be any clearer?
 txa1265
08-06-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Tarus
Yes, well I dont' remember seeing a blue glow about yodas hand as he lifted the x-wing, nor a red glow around vaders hand and the poor admirals neck as he was choked.

The only reason they threw these in is for eye candy so that people who like to look at pretty glowing things will buy their game.

;) Ooooohhhhhh ..... bluuuueeeeee .....

Seriously, though ... it is eye cansy, but it provides some feedback of what is going on, and I actually like that - things in the game are not exactly movie-like, nor should they be ... this is an action game, so I like the push/pull effects, and the visual warping of speed. I like the look of grip, with the red effect, and on one of my playthroughs I'll do the dark side and see what it looks like in action ....

Mike
 ImmolatedYoda
08-06-2003, 4:30 PM
Originally posted by Reprehence
I find it intersting that they would put up a screenshot that is so confusing. There are a lot of interpretations of what's going on, but nothing I've heard is very satisfying yet. It doesn't look like a saber or a saber trail - and there's the big glow around the players hand - but the animation isn't what pull looked like in JO (maybe it's new - but it's kind of strange looking). It almost looks like the character has taken a swing at something. The question is - once we've played the game will the screenshot be any clearer?

Reprehence, on the big glow around his hand...thats his saber buddy. its possible it just returned from being thrown, cause they seem to glow brighter then (might also be why the enemy is jumping). viewed from below, all that you see of the saber is the glow which is normally not very bright because its spread across the entire blade, but from the bottom its a lot more concentrated, therefore brighter.
 yolkboy
08-06-2003, 6:29 PM
umm... you triple posted :D
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
08-06-2003, 7:45 PM
I think it is the middle of a spinning move(like in the blue stance or somthin). But if its not, it might also be a new catch animation for sabre throw.;)
 FK | unnamed
08-06-2003, 7:56 PM
Am I the only one who noticed his force meter is full?

it looks like any of the thousands of jk2 pics I've seen where the saber gives off some weird effect if you take the pic at the right moment during the animation cycle.
 Obi-Wan X
08-06-2003, 8:22 PM
I just don't understand WHAT the big deal is

It's obviously a new lightsaber attack, and at the exact moment the screenshot was taken, the lightsaber was pointed COMPLETELY straight, and you can obviously see the lightsaber trail following the blade.

The Reborn is simply jumping toward the jedi.
 HertogJan
08-07-2003, 6:43 AM
My guess is that's a spinning move with the dual sabers... His other arm is stretched, and I think he's holding another lightsaber in that hand. So he's just doing an ordinary spinning move... well that's what I think :)

No force destruction, no odd pull effect, no saber throw, just a normal spin :)
 yolkboy
08-07-2003, 5:02 PM
Elegant but Simple :D After I think about it, you could be right :) I think Lucas posted this mysterious screen shot to keep us guessing and to keep our interest. And so far, I think they have succeeded :p
 griff38
08-07-2003, 6:04 PM
Hmmm..... everyone is so sure of their own opinion and so dismissive of everyone elses. Interesting.

Anyway I brightened the pic by 30%. It is alot clearer now.

Who plays with the screen as dark as those screenshots? :cool:

photo (http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/griffmanco/vwp?.dir=/one&.dnm=bright+30%25.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t)
 ImmolatedYoda
08-07-2003, 6:53 PM
i dont think this screenshot was made public just so some fan boys could obsess over one detail in it...its just a screenshot.
 griff38
08-07-2003, 9:16 PM
Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda
i dont think this screenshot was made public just so some fan boys could obsess over one detail in it...its just a screenshot.

Who are you calling a boy?
 Reclaimer
08-07-2003, 9:23 PM
Yeah! Griff was born in 1964! No offense Griff.
 txa1265
08-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Yeah! Griff was born in 1964! No offense Griff. Hey ... never a bad thing to see someone here older than me! :D (albeit not by much :( )

Mike
 yolkboy
08-08-2003, 12:53 AM
i dont think this screenshot was made public just so some fan boys could obsess over one detail in it...its just a screenshot. Did I say fan boy? And who you calling boy?
I think Lucas posted this mysterious screen shot to keep us guessing and to keep our interest. And so far, I think they have succeeded
OK, let me add to my quote then... It is so we, the gamers, can "analyse" it.

analyse
v 1: consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
 ImmolatedYoda
08-08-2003, 5:30 PM
"fan boy" doesnt exclude you, griff. its a generalization applied to a group of people and doesnt distinguish between ages. and go ahead, analyze all the screenshots released on the game. you can come up with any number of assertions, comments, thoughts, or problems based on them; i cant stop you. i agree mostly with FK | unnamed.
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
08-08-2003, 6:08 PM
the guy is just attacking and the reborn is just jumping towards him .belive me
And when u do grip it shows all your body in red like now not just ur hand
 yolkboy
08-08-2003, 8:58 PM
"fan boy" doesnt exclude you, griff. its a generalization applied to a group of people and doesnt distinguish between ages. and go ahead, analyze all the screenshots released on the game. you can come up with any number of assertions, comments, thoughts, or problems based on them; i cant stop you. i agree mostly with FK | unnamed.
That's Right! You can't stop me! Muahahahaha ;) I only come up with a few though. The rest is generated by the community :)
 Chewie Bakker
08-12-2003, 10:25 AM
I agree with HertogJan: It's a dual saber spin. The little line is the trail where the saber has been, and the bright round glow where the hilt is the "glow" of where the saber is now (completely opposite the camera view). It's a dual saber attack because you can see the hilt of the second lightsaber in the Kel Dor's right hand.

:gben: (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/28.jpg) The Force will be with you, always.
 Shotokan
08-13-2003, 3:34 AM
It just looks to me like he finished his attack and the enemy is just jumping forward... Or landing...
Page: 1 of 1