Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What's your character/saber setup going to be like in SP?

Page: 1 of 1
 Taran'atar
06-21-2003, 9:10 PM
I realize that this has probably been done before, but I don't see any current topics about it, so what the hell.

Based on what we know, what species and gender (where applicable) will your character be on your first run through the SP game? Will you stick with one saber (if it's possible), two or a double bladed one? What color for the blade(s)?

Just curious.
 BloodRiot
06-22-2003, 6:09 AM
I think this was discussed a while back but i'll indulge you.

For my first run:
Human Male, going for light side all the way, single blade, blue blade.

Then after I finish I'll probably start over with:
Human Male, Dark side, Double bladed saber with red or orange blade.
 praenuntius
06-24-2003, 2:20 PM
I'd like to be a human male in black (or if possible a brown cloak like Obi Wan with something black underneath). If possible I'd like green and yellow scythe-sabers.

I would have liked being a male Twi'Lek (spelling?) but that doesn't look like it's possible anymore :(

I'd play with Dark Force powers first and then I'd try Light. Then the third time through I might use cheats and mess about with a "Grey-sided" player.
 defalc
06-25-2003, 6:41 AM
Human male, preferably with black hair and not a weird-ass haircut like Luke's. And black clothing, with a cape. :cool:

Bloodriot? Oh, jeez! I don't suppose you'll be porting Tyrion to JA? *begs* :D
 BloodRiot
06-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Missing the "Time to Die!" line? ;p
Maybe I shouldn't have overdone with the pitch down effect on that voice. ;p

Hell... I might port him or something very like him... but I can't give you certainty cuz... I dont have a slightest clue about what system and tools JA has.

I'm very curious tho :)

I guess we'll see what we'll see.
 defalc
06-26-2003, 7:43 AM
The Tyrion model rocks, especially the Lightside blue skin. ;)

Well yeah, when JA comes out, if it's possible, then consider porting him back in some form or another (with the blue skin!!! :D)
 Prime
06-26-2003, 2:55 PM
Originally posted by BloodRiot
For my first run:
Human Male, going for light side all the way, single blade, blue blade.
As will I :)
 the_havoc
06-29-2003, 5:14 PM
Great thread , at first I wanted a zabrak male , but it looks like its not posible , well then I will have to choose between a human male and a Kel-dor .

btw , I think that lucasart should had used another species instead of rodian , i don't think will see too many rodian players.
 the_havoc
06-29-2003, 5:28 PM
Great thread , at first I wanted a zabrak male , but it looks like its not posible , well then I will have to choose between a human male and a Kel-dor .

btw , I think that lucasart should had used another species instead of rodian , i don't think will see too many rodian players.

sorry i didn't mean to post that twice
 JediMasterEd
06-29-2003, 5:51 PM
How are you guys doing? My character will be a human male, brown or white cloak with a double-bladed green lightsaber. I always loved the double-bladed lightsabers.:D
 legameboy
06-29-2003, 10:44 PM
I'm going to be a Kel Doran (SP?) with a greenish cloak and two sabers. One saber will be orange and another will be green. (Color pattern anyone :D )
 GreenDevil
06-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Kel Dor male, orange/brown cloak, dual sabers (both orange), lightside all the way =D
 Drivian Taluus
06-30-2003, 2:20 AM
Dark side, human male, dark cloathing, no hood, and preferrably a goatee. Oh, and dual yellow sabers.
 Taran'atar
06-30-2003, 2:40 AM
I'll answer my own question.

For myself, probably a Twi'lek, dark side all the way, dark clothing, with a double edged saber, and classic "bad guy" red blades.

Second time through I'll play a human male, light side, brown or grey clothes, and a single saber (if possible) with a green blade.
 Drivian Taluus
06-30-2003, 2:49 AM
What (kinda) stinks is that Twi'Leks are only female and Kel'Dorians are only male. Wussup wit dat?
 Icemaniax
06-30-2003, 5:17 AM
i dunno, i wonder how they reproduce. hehe i have a few sick idea's that arent rated to post
 HertogJan
06-30-2003, 6:08 AM
Yeah it's strange you can only use one gender per species (except for human), but the overall idea here is, that it's probably because each species/gender has their own txt in the cutscenes, their own 'grunting noises' when jumping etc :) If every species had both male and female version, they would have to add lots of txt... But still, it's a shame I can't choose a zabrak male :(
 the_havoc
07-01-2003, 12:05 AM
What i am afraid of is that all keldorians look alike .
 HertogJan
07-01-2003, 6:13 AM
Originally posted by the_havoc
What i am afraid of is that all keldorians look alike .

Hmm yes, I dunno how they are going to omplement different Kel dor faces, or zabrak, rodian... They look all the like to me ;)
 JediLurker
07-01-2003, 6:20 AM
Perhaps different mask styles for the Kel Dor? We've only seen one, after all. Varying horn placements and tats for the Zabrak, maybe. The Rodian...uh...got me stumped there.
 the_havoc
07-01-2003, 6:22 AM
Instead of rodians they should have included the other genders for the species , or maybe another species , like a wookie :D
 Solo4114
07-01-2003, 1:56 PM
Well, first time through, I'm thinking human male, two sabres, either both blue or green, or a mix of the two. Not sure about clothing, hair styles, etc. It'll depend on what's there. Oh, lightside, by the way.

Second time through, dark side, and either a double-bladed sabre or dual sabres, red blades all the way. No idea what species or clothing.

Third time I might try as lightside with a single blade, either blue, green, or purple (no yellow or orange for me, thanks).

I'll need more info on the advantages and disadvantages of the various sabre styles, though, and if there are any differences between the races, other than cosmetic ones. I'm disinclined to use a double-bladed sabre, just because that's not my style (I tend to prefer light side), but I REALLY like the idea of two sabres, IF you can use them in a useful manner (as in truly wield both in combat, not swing one, toss the other).
 Burrie
07-01-2003, 7:29 PM
I'm currently still thinking of my choices, but I'm actually thinking of playing a human female. If it is already well-written that the Padawan has no real background whatsoever, I could say that it's the great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-etc-granddaughter of my Jedi from Knights of the Old Republic... as for which style, I'm still thinking of that one. Although my Jedi in KotOR will wield two blades, I just might let this Jedi wield a blue double-bladed saber to show that she's different than her famous grand-etc-father.
 Xizor's killer
07-03-2003, 2:10 PM
Hmmmm interesting
Name: Sex Machine
Species: Kel Dor
Force: Dark Side or Shadow :mrt:
Sabre: Double bladed (orange and purple)
Clothing: Standard Kit Fisto stuff or Anakin's in AOTC
 Xizor's killer
07-03-2003, 2:11 PM
Hmmmm interesting
Name: Sex Machine
Species: Kel Dor
Force: Dark Side or Shadow :mrt:
Sabre: Double bladed (orange and purple)
Clothing: Standard Kit Fisto stuff or Anakin's in AOTC
 X-Wing Pilot 5
07-11-2003, 5:01 PM
Male, Human, Light side, single-bladed lightsaber

God bless,

X-Wing Pilot 5
 Khier
07-11-2003, 9:26 PM
Well I WOULD have a male Zabrak, but it looks like Raven plans to not incluude them so poop :(. I WOULD have based his appearance on the pic in my avatar, except for the same reason as stated before so poop :(. So I guess I'll just go with a human male with dual orange sabers, probably using lightside powers my first time around.
 the_havoc
07-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Look at this screenshot

http://www.gamingfiles.com/screenshots/7/others/academy_049.jpg) (http://http://www.gamingfiles.com/screenshots/7/others/academy_049.jpg)

Is it my imagination , or does this guy have horns?? zabrak male??
 praenuntius
07-12-2003, 12:26 AM
What I wouldn't have minded at all, would be if the extra races and gender combinations were in the game, but you had to finish the game with certain conditions to unlock them.
For example:
Finish as male, grip at full power, darkside unlock a Darth Vader skin.
Finish as male, darkside, lightstaff unlock Zabrak males.
 the_havoc
07-12-2003, 4:21 AM
yeah , lockable genders would be a cool feature . Well , has anyone seen the screenshot i posted?
 Anakin Skywalkr
07-12-2003, 4:21 AM
I'm gonna have a male human (try to model it as close to Anakin as possible) /// Single Blue Saber /// Light Side of the force /// the costume Anakin wears in EP2 with the robe if possible.
 Lil Killa
07-12-2003, 4:47 AM
Some kinda alien with a either a duel bladed light saber or dual sabers and darkside force powers
 Anakin1607
07-12-2003, 6:12 PM
Human male, a lightsider but with a darksider outfit. I'm hoping to get as close to black armor as I can. As for weapons, start with blue, then switch to dual sabers, blue and red.
 Kengo
07-21-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by the_havoc
I think that lucasart should had used another species instead of rodian , i don't think will see too many rodian players.

I think you're probabaly right there, they don't seem to be too popular and most people seem to think of them mostly being lowlifes, which is probabaly untrue, but there ya go! I'll probabaly go for human, yellow saber and later on I'd love to try double sabers!

If there was one playable race I'd love to see that isn't in it it would probabaly be the Chiss. Wookies and Trandoshans would also be great. Still, with what Raven have said about Models from JO moving into JA plus all the new models for JA it looks like almost all the major races will be in there even before anyone starts modding, so editing wise the possibilities are gonna be brilliant!
Page: 1 of 1