Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Here's what I've been making... (Part of Ramsees Hed)

Page: 1 of 1
 ewok mercenary
06-12-2003, 3:57 PM
I've been making a section of Ramsees Hed for the MOD team so that they can see if I'm good enough to join them: Well I've managed to get a bit of work in on it and I thought I'd show you all what I've made so far (http://www.geocities.com/ewokmercenaryforhire/jediknightii/jediknightii.htm). I had a few ideas on what I could do with the area when I found out the big block was actually an engine cluster... then I read Stormhammer's thread again and noticed he had already had some of the same ideas such as properly modelled engines and grating around them.

Comments, criticism and total praise about my excellent mapping skills (Yeah, right...) are completely welcome. In fact, you should feel obliged to post something...

Well, what are you waiting for?

Have you posted yet? No, I thought as much...

;)
 Katarn07
06-12-2003, 5:56 PM
I like what I see. But, that is only a tiny part of the map. Got any thing else to show us/ them?
 reaper1576
06-12-2003, 10:51 PM
looks nice any more for a viewing pleasure
 Salv
06-13-2003, 2:06 AM
The grating around the engine is a nice touch. I would recommend you to use your imagination abit to enhance the area abit...for example we can make sloped walls now ;), its a small area but looks good.
 Darth_Linux
06-13-2003, 2:43 AM
my take on that part of the level was that it was the exterior of a Corellian Corvette, the same as the Tantive IV. In that case, the engines would look far different from whats in your map.

any experts here know which kind of ship Kyle is supposed to be smugling aboard?

tia
 reaper1576
06-13-2003, 8:59 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
my take on that part of the level was that it was the exterior of a Corellian Corvette

Thats spot on my first thoughts as it looks like the engines from one
 ImmolatedYoda
06-13-2003, 10:27 PM
waaaaayy too many engines to be a Corvette in ewoks pics...it was never specified what ship he was on, and it could be any...a medium bulk freighter...Action IV transport....Correllian Corvette....who knows? :confused:
 ewok mercenary
06-14-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm almost certain that it isn't a Corvette anyway. Corvettes are built for speed, and are WAY too small to carry a substantial amount of cargo. I think that it has to be a type of cargo ship that we haven't seen before.
 StormHammer
06-14-2003, 10:55 AM
It's a good start, and I like what you've done so far. It actually looks like the backend of a ship now. :thumbsup:

The grating looks good as well. Maybe you could alter it slightly to make it appear that it can be removed for when the ship blasts off, though. Maybe a hole in the wall where it could retract when not in use...

And of course, those walls need to show blast scars, but that's a matter of texturing.

Keep up the great work. :cool: I can't wait to see more.
 ewok mercenary
06-14-2003, 11:07 AM
About the grating, I thought it would be see-through but it just has black in between the metal, so I looked for a texture I could use that was and I found the one around the ion cannons on Artus Topside. Thing is, I can't find it in the editor... Does anyone know where it is?
 Ravensroke
06-14-2003, 7:22 PM
Well, remember that the Correlian Corvette is a favorite for big-time smugglers and especially pirates.

I believe the Corvette has a medum-sized cargo bay. Its built mostly for speed.

But I agree, The Corvette has engines like this:

OOOO
OOO
OOOO

Also, get from somewhere the scale, if you;re going to recreate a Corvette in the level, please make the engines the correct size so we don't get screamed at by Star Wars purists. =)

If its not a corvette you're making, there's still too many engines.

I think you should make the tubes a LOT bigger and a lot less of them too.
 ewok mercenary
06-17-2003, 9:17 AM
Well the Corvette is only 150 meters long so would the entire level fit into such a small space?

Myself I don't think it would so it seems the Corellian Corvette idea is out of the question.
 Darth_Linux
06-19-2003, 3:06 PM
from the cutscenes though the ship in question certainly appears to be a Corvette. It is too small to fit that entire level in, but then again, I think the north end of the map is in a hanger (where the bath rooms are) and the south part of the map is the ship itself.
 Geoffrey S
06-20-2003, 4:57 PM
That wouldn't make sense; if what you're saying is correct, the place where the tracking device is placed wouldn't take off with the ship.
About the screenshots, certainly reduce the amount of engines. Even if it isn't a corvette, there's far too many. Good start, though, but as Salv said making better use of the capabilities of JO's engine is a must, particularly if you want to make a convincing looking ship.
Page: 1 of 1