Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HapSlash's Website - UPDATED

Page: 1 of 4
 HapSlash
06-10-2003, 1:00 AM
I just thought I'd post and let everyone know that I've re-designed my website. There's a whole lot of new content and a bunch of updated pics, along with a bunch of old ones as well. Here's a sneak peek at some of the newer stuff that you'll find over there.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/headsup.jpg)
 mariners2001
06-10-2003, 2:48 AM
please! for the love of humanity release Princess Leia! that is amazing!!! please! your work is amazing!

EDIT: oooo IG-88 TOO PLEASE...lol
 HapSlash
06-10-2003, 6:41 AM
I have finished a few of them, with the exception of the weighting,... still haven't gotten that down yet. It's only a matter of time.

But to be honest, modeling them is more fun!
 Delmar
06-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Great job, man. You should probably remove the Nassau Temple links from your download page since I took the site down some time ago. If you want I'll move the files to a mirror on my personal site, though; let me know.

Also - just out of curiosity but what do you do for a living? Have you thought about throwing a resume out to the gaming industry? Your side-by-side comparisons with the Imperial commanders and stormtroopers is a testament to your abilities.
 The Count
06-10-2003, 2:24 PM
Very nice, I can see you are very passionate about your work and are very talented, thank you for sharing your work with us.
 neo262
06-10-2003, 5:24 PM
You are a modelling legend! Hapslash, you rawk! :cool:
 t3rr0r
06-10-2003, 5:37 PM
oh... my... god...

hapslash, i love you (in a purely non-homosexual way)... i can't wait for your boba fett... you think you could do some alternate skins for it, too? :D

edit: wow... i just saw all the rest of the site... wow... all i can say is... just... wow...
 Darth]-[azard
06-10-2003, 5:44 PM
YAY! SCORPY!!!
 Archonon
06-10-2003, 8:43 PM
Wow Hap! It's been a while.

Congrats for the new site, I haven't been able to access it yet because it says the bandwith is exceeded but I'll continue trying.
Your models look excellent from that pic you posted, your modelling skills have skyrocketed.

I really hate to ask but any progress with my fave non-SW couple John and Aeryn? Are they going to be models now or are they still skins? The skins you were making for them looked great, though I realize as new models they would be amazing, I'm still hoping to see them in JO at some point before JA comes out. ;) But I also know SW models might take priority after all. Man I miss Farscape....

Great to hear from you again, I thought you were long gone by now, I really look forward to your models.
 HapSlash
06-10-2003, 8:48 PM
Thanks!

Gee, I didn't think that there would be that many visits at once, already hit my hourly max bandwidth three times today,....
shock1

what program do you use ? those shots looks awsome
could you tell me witch model you planned to finish first
I'm using 3DS Max to model and render them. It does take some nice shots, due to it's ability to render them at different resolutions, but it's base lighting isn't quite the same as you would get in game.

I'm looking at getting the X-Wing Pilot Luke finished first. I've got him about 20% weighted at this point, but I'm having some funky deformation issues.

I've got the the modeling finished on the Imperial Officer and the Snowtrooper, and they're in line to be weighted.

The next batch of finished models will probably be Bespin Luke, IG-88, and the Gamorrean, although I may hold 88 off for a bounty hunter model pack,...
:mad1

I can't wait for your boba fett... you think you could do some alternate skins for it, too?
What kind of alternate skins were you thinking of,...?
 t3rr0r
06-10-2003, 8:57 PM
Originally posted by HapSlash
What kind of alternate skins were you thinking of,...?
i was thinking of team skins and possibly jango.

another thing... are you going to be sticking around for jedi academy? because i'd love to see your work in there, too. :D
 HapSlash
06-10-2003, 9:28 PM
Originally posted by Delmar
You should probably remove the Nassau Temple links from your download page since I took the site down some time ago.
Yeah,... I've been meaning to do that,... but I just never got around to it. There are a few other defunct links that I still need to take care of as well.

Also - just out of curiosity but what do you do for a living? Have you thought about throwing a resume out to the gaming industry? Well,... technically I'm between jobs right now, but as far as my local employment office is concerned I'm a janitor. I've thought about doing something like that, but I wouldn't know where to begin. Right now this isn't much more than a hobby. It would be cool though,...

I really hate to ask but any progress with my fave non-SW couple John and Aeryn? Are they going to be models now or are they still skins? The Farscape projects are coming along rather slow lately,... I've spent a lot of time checking out the Dark Forces material and making some special models for the mod. I have done some modeling for Farscape, but it's been fairly basic up to this point. I haven't done anything for Aeryn, but I have done some modeling on a few others. I posted most of the stuff I've done on the website, so you should be able to see it,... eventually. :dev7:

[QUOTE]i was thinking of team skins and possibly jango.
another thing... are you going to be sticking around for jedi academy? because i'd love to see your work in there, too[QUOTE]I'll do team skins as I would with any project, but I don't know about Jango,... there are just too many differences to make an accurate Jango by reskinning, but I may alter the model to make Jango.

As far as JA is concerned, who knows,...
 neo262
06-11-2003, 12:45 AM
I would worship if you made a Matrix skinpack!!! :D:D
 Delmar
06-11-2003, 2:03 PM
I've thought about doing something like that, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Originally posted at http://www.ravensoft.com/jobs.html)
If you are a 2D Artist or 3D Modeler:
We are not hiring 2-D, 3-D Artists or Animators at this time. We are, however, constantly looking for good artists/animators as candidates, in case an artist position becomes available.

What Kind Of Art Samples Do I Send?
Whether you are 2-D or 3-D artist, we like to see drawing samples of different subjects - humans, creatures, animals, space ships, buildings, etc. Send us anything that shows your drawing ability. We prefer to see samples from sketchbooks, concepts, or comic book type artwork. Secondly, we would like to see samples of computer art, from Photoshop other paint programs, or any 3-D programs (this goes for the texture and skin artists). Low polygon modelers also need to show examples of drawing ability. It is not necessary for 2-D artists to know any computer programs; just show plenty of samples that showcase your drawing ability. Do not send us original copies of your artwork!!! We don’t have the time or resources to send original materials back. Photocopies will do nicely.

How and Where to Send Samples?
You may send Raven your samples via E-mail attachments (see addresses below) or send a link so we can view them on your web page. If you are sending them by snail mail, then send samples and resume to:

Raven Software
c/o 2D/3D Art Samples - Brian Pelletier
Three Point Place, Suite 1 Madison, WI

E-mail: art@ravensoft.com

Due to the backlog of samples and the volume we receive (not to mention our busy schedules), it will generally take a month or so to get back to you, acknowledging that we received the samples. If it goes beyond a month, please contact us again and we’ll get right back to you. We appreciate your interest in Raven Software and we do look at all of the samples.

There you go!
 neo262
06-11-2003, 6:52 PM
Nooo Matrix skinpack?:( I'm gonna cry. Well, anyway, I bet Hapslash could make it into Raven software by sending some of his samples!
 Padawan_7
06-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Wow, that's some amazing work there Hap!!! :D
I wish you good luck on rigging them.

although I may hold 88 off for a bounty hunter model pack,...

Ah...come on HapSlash...don't be mean like that. ;) :D
 HapSlash
06-13-2003, 7:16 AM
Thanks for the info Delmar, I might just have to look into that.

Sorry neo262,... While I think the Matrix is cool in it's own right, I just don't feel that it would merge very well with the world of Star Wars.

And the whole idea about a bounty hunters model pack,... I just thought that Dengar, 4-LOM, Bossk, and Zuckuss would fare better if they were attached to 88 and a new Boba...
:dev11:

I'd also like to apologize for the inconvenience to those who tried to access the site while it was down.
:monkey4:
My website seems to be back to normal working order,... for now. Since I posted the url, my site has exceeded it's hourly bandwidth 8 times. On the day that I posted it, the website received over 1200 hits even though it went down around 3pm cst and remained so for the rest of the day.

I have to admit,... I didn't expect to see that much usage. As long as it doesn't get swamped again, it should be fine. To avoid this happening in the future, I'll probably be updating it more regularly now, keeping a list of the last few updates on the main page.

Well, I guess it's time that I'd better get back to work on those models,... Thanks for showing your interest!

:dev7:
 Pnut_Man
06-13-2003, 9:02 AM
You don't know how grateful the jedi outcast community would be if you simply released that current sand trooper skin as a replacement for raven's crap stormtrooper model

BTW, you kick ass at modelling and skinning, keep on doing it ;) (and be sure to import those babies to jk3!)
 HapSlash
06-13-2003, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately the skin I have wouldn't be of much use on the model that comes with the game. Raven's model uses a mirrored texture for both the left and right half of the body, which is one of the things I've been undoing while creating the new model.

The project started out as a simple reworking of the Stormtrooper, but I figured that if I had to go through all of the work that it takes to make a new model, I might as well add the parts to make him a true Sandtrooper.
 t3rr0r
06-13-2003, 6:06 PM
hap, do you think one day it's possible you may create a new darth vader? the current one out is fine and all, but he doesn't quite have the evil air about him...
 HapSlash
06-14-2003, 1:09 AM
That would be an interesting project to work on,...

But I didn't think that anyone really disliked the Vader model that was out there,... The one that I've seen didn't really look that bad, especially when you compare it to some of the horrid stuff that has been released recently.
 Azrael
06-14-2003, 1:31 AM
Holy Christ, he's alive!:)

Edit: Just thought I'd mention this completely useless fact: your Farscape skins are the main reason I got hooked on the prematurely cancelled um... opus. Okay, carry on.
 t3rr0r
06-14-2003, 1:49 PM
That would be an interesting project to work on,...

But I didn't think that anyone really disliked the Vader model that was out there,... The one that I've seen didn't really look that bad, especially when you compare it to some of the horrid stuff that has been released recently.
it's a good model and skin, but it kinda looks like the dusty, good darth vader... you know, in rotj when the helmets switch back and forth from evil eyes to wide eyes when palpatine is frying luke.

http://www.jk2files.com/screenshots/7/files/3951.jpg) http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthvader/img/curve.jpg)
 nomad
06-16-2003, 3:55 AM
Great to see you around and posting, HapSlash!
The WIP's at your site are tremendous... amazing...
All of them.

I've been looking forward to many of your works since you first revealed them, way back.

One thing I wanted to say is that I think your Leia model looks beautiful. I see that you put a few negative comments about that model on your site... what is it about the model that you're not happy with? I do really hope that Leia sneaks up on your priority list. (just my selfish desires)

Thanks for sharing all your work, I hope you get all of those models out successfully.

-nomad

MTFBWY
 HapSlash
06-17-2003, 8:22 AM
Thanks,... hopefully I'll start releasing something soon.

One thing I wanted to say is that I think your Leia model looks beautiful. I see that you put a few negative comments about that model on your site... what is it about the model that you're not happy with?I have my own abstract way of doing things, and I can understand any confusion resulting because of it.

Since I've reworked my website, I've altered the way I'm displaying each project,... Instead of completely altering the pages with each update, I'm keeping a few progressive steps posted for those interested in seeing how the project is evolving. I've just been separating each update, using a line, with the most recent one on top. So my comments on the bottom of the page don't necessarily represent my current thoughts about the project.

As with the Leia page I stated that the model wasn't very good, because at the time I hated the way it looked. The proportions were way off even by basic human standards, which is understandable, as I originally based her off of the Jan model.

:dev7:
 Dante Alastor
06-17-2003, 7:18 PM
you have some sick models hapslash, i cant wait until the lukes are released!

I was wondering, have you ever considering doing any of the characters from the prequels, like an Ep 2 Obi-Wan and Anakain?
 HapSlash
06-19-2003, 3:44 PM
I currently don't have any future plans for projects involving the 'prequels',... but I never thought about making my own Vader either.

It's mainly because there were so many models being released for episodes I & II, that I pretty much figured that just about everything would have been done before I got around to it. But then again, it's also partially because I don't really care all that much for the 'prequels'. I like them because they are Star Wars movies, but I thought that TPM wasn't very good; while AOTC was hilariously awful.

Oh,... and I'll try making my models less disturbing in the future,... :dev7:
 SKull104
06-20-2003, 1:13 PM
It has waited for the model of Luke of EP5 for a long time.
Please, release.....:D
 superracer0022
06-20-2003, 6:47 PM
looking great hapslash, cant wait for some of them to be released, would definitly use your stormtrooper in sp
 The Cheat
06-20-2003, 7:05 PM
those models look real sweet, cant wait to see them get released
 superracer0022
06-21-2003, 12:26 AM
hey the cheat, did you get my present?
 The Cheat
06-21-2003, 12:29 AM
yeah, thanks for all of those points man. HOMESTAR RUNNER IS AWESOME!! :sbdance
 Emon
06-21-2003, 2:07 PM
I don't like the color scheme one bit, but the content is excellent. :)
 HapSlash
06-21-2003, 5:55 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
hap, do you think one day it's possible you may create a new darth vader? Well,... you asked for it. :vader3:

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/vader.jpg)
 The Count
06-21-2003, 5:56 PM
You're new Darth Vader looks very how can I put it very imposing, I like it alot, I don't know how to put this because I'm not texture artist, however if comparing it to the other Vader Model(s) if you were to skin it, could you make the skin more a sort of shiny black, I don't know how to put that any better sorry, but thats what bugged me with the other model, it seemed a bit greyish.
 HapSlash
06-21-2003, 6:01 PM
If the texturing included shaders, it could have more of a shine to it,... yeah.
 t3rr0r
06-21-2003, 6:56 PM
Well,... you asked for it. :vader3:

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/vader.jpg)
glad you decided to create him. :D he's already looking more correctly proportioned. :)

/me imagines a cutscene of some future level with vader being flanked by two stormtroopers
 The Count
06-21-2003, 7:39 PM
If the texturing included shaders, it could have more of a shine to it,... yeah.

Oh bollocks, well I'm sure it will look excellent anyway.
 The Cheat
06-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Hapslash you are awesome. it seems like u enjoy modeling more then tweaking them to get them ingame
 HapSlash
06-23-2003, 1:39 AM
Perhaps, but at this point I really wouldn't know,... These are the first models I've ever created, and the first game I've ever done any moding for. I'm getting close to actually getting something in-game, but the weighting process is a long and arduous task, especially when you aren't sure of what you're doing.
 The Cheat
06-23-2003, 4:12 PM
which one are you getting close to getting in game? is it the gammorean for the dark forces mod?
 HapSlash
06-24-2003, 10:12 AM
The X-Wing pilot is about 30-40% weighted, then I'll probably get to the Imperial Officer, Snowtrooper, then the Gamorrean,...
 The Cheat
06-24-2003, 10:35 AM
i noticed that your pilot models have these straps around their legs, are these gonna be there when you put the models ingame?
 HapSlash
06-24-2003, 2:57 PM
Most likely,... unless I can't get them to deform properly. In that case, I'll probably just end up texturing them on.
 The Cheat
06-24-2003, 4:05 PM
if i dont like the straps would i be able to remove them with a surf file?
 HapSlash
06-24-2003, 5:10 PM
probably,...
 The Cheat
06-24-2003, 6:31 PM
ok thanks, once it is released i will probably play it with the straps but i just dont like the look of it as of right now so if i dont like it ingame i will just use a surf file to turn it off, other then that though it is a great model imo.

btw, i thought it was going to be luke in a xwing uniform
 HapSlash
06-24-2003, 7:02 PM
Originally posted by TheCheat
btw, i thought it was going to be luke in a xwing uniform

Yeah,... basically.
 The Cheat
06-24-2003, 7:29 PM
have you ever thought about doing models from the prequels or are you only going to do models for the oringinal trilogy?
 superracer0022
06-24-2003, 8:22 PM
just a quick question, what is a surf file?
Page: 1 of 4