Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AI and animation...

Page: 1 of 1
 ImmolatedYoda
06-04-2003, 3:17 AM
recently, ive been thinking...has there been progress on a new GLA? because unless the JO skeleton has animations that will work for the other new humanoid models (im talking Gamorrean and DTs, etc. here) then...whatcha gonna do?

and to the other topic of my inquiry...what about AI? i know in Hapslashes thread about his Gamorrean, there was talk about replacing the Reborn with piggy. so its gonna be like the weapons? choose which character best relates to the function and movements of a JO character and just leave it at that? or can AI actually altering be done? im clueless on things like AI so im curious.
 ImmolatedYoda
06-05-2003, 8:07 PM
heh, hate to bump this but....any help with my questions?
 Katarn07
06-05-2003, 11:32 PM
I had the same question called "Darktrooper behavior and deaths" and they said wait until they're further in the mod. I'm still waiting for them to get to that point.

Here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81681)
 Infinity Blade
06-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Well, I don't think the Gamorrean will be that bad on the regular humanoid animations.

There are still some things that can be done with a little creative weighting and the humanoid gla. I've even gotten "fairly good" results using a midget proportioned model and some altered weighting.

The animations are still being worked on, and from info I've received over time from others, it looks promising but we can't offer anything 100% sure yet.

We'll do the best we can, regardless. :D
 CortoCG
06-06-2003, 12:43 AM
No more updates.
 recombinant
06-06-2003, 5:17 AM
Well I can't speak to the GLA issue yet, but obviously the biggest problem will be non-humanoid creatures like the Dianogas and the Kell Dragons.

But as far as the NPC AI is concerned, our goal is to have scripted NPCs with basically the same system used for the SP game (Icarus).

We haven't gotten to that far yet, but we are spawning rudimentary NPCs that sort of bob around not doing anything particularly interesting. The behavior code needs a lot of work since WLS left behind an unfinished product which are planning to build upon.

Hope this helps.

:holosid:
 ImmolatedYoda
06-06-2003, 7:53 PM
yes it does Stone, thanks :D. i just wanted to see how far the original game would get ya on stuff like that and if not, what else is being done.
 recombinant
06-06-2003, 8:00 PM
Glad to be of service. :D

There is hope too, since RPG-MOD (http://www.rpg-mod.tk) has been able to spawn SP NPCs in MP, so that gives us a light at the end of the tunnel - not that they will help or collaborate with us (we haven't asked), but at least we know it's possible to create them ingame.

AI is a different issue entirely, however.

:holosid:
Page: 1 of 1