Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Update

Page: 1 of 1
 michael_collins
05-28-2003, 3:53 PM
Whats the views of the commoners on the update? Personally I love it, the new stormie has a nice worn look that will go great in levels like Gromas and Nar Shadda and the Officer skin and model remind me very much so of Admiral Piett.

Weapons are looking fine too. Man I cant wait to play this monster :D

Good work!

The_One - sorry, couldn't resist
 CL_KILLER
05-29-2003, 3:42 PM
Same here i like it to
 HapSlash
05-29-2003, 7:46 PM
Thanks,... I'm pretty happy with how those 2 characters have turned out. I started both of them before I joined the mod, but thought this would be a good place to use them.

When I'm finished with these I'll get to starting on my first 100% official Dark Forces project,... General Mohc.
 chris the cynic
05-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Just the thing about the Assault Cannon (see models thread)

Otherwise everything is very good, very very good.
 michael_collins
05-30-2003, 8:08 PM
General Mohc?

Ok, chain urself to your desk and get a coffee machine beside you, drink it black to save the precious caffeine, live off that for the next three weeks.......do not leave it until it is absolutely PERFECT! lol

(jus kiddin man, good luck with him, i cant wait to see him, i cant model, texture, script or code worth **** but i know good work when i see it, its like a Da Vinchi, you dont need to know how to paint to see the beauty in the Mona Lisa. I really admire your work, and can't wait to see more)
 chris the cynic
05-30-2003, 8:18 PM
its like a Da Vinchi, you dont need to know how to paint to see the beauty in the Mona Lisa.

I don’t know about that, when I was there I thought it was the worst art in the entire museum. Many others would agree. I think its famous just because it’s famous, and the only thing that got it that way in the first place (because at some point something had to start the fame causing fame cycle) was it’s history, not it’s artistry.

I agree with what6 you’re saying, this guy is really good, and you don’t need to know your stuff to know that.

I just think you picked a bad example. How about you don’t need to be an architect to see the beauty in St. Peter’s Basilica (or the Dumo in Florence so long as I’m picking a church.)
 The_One
05-30-2003, 8:38 PM
The Mona Lisa? It's all in the smile. It kinda looks like she's saying "hello cheeky" :p
 michael_collins
05-30-2003, 8:42 PM
Long as the import was given :D
 Katarn07
05-30-2003, 9:33 PM
Is IB still planning on doing Crix?

Also, I hope one of you does Rebus too, just because Rebus was cool, even though he just sits there... :( *hint, hint*
 HapSlash
05-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Yeah,... He's working on the model now.

Although, he does have two different visions of the character in mind and he's trying to come to a decision on which one would be the better route to take.
 Geoffrey S
05-31-2003, 9:51 AM
Is that about Madine or Rebus?
Great work on the models, Hapslash. They really do look a lot more like the Star Wars characters. Does the stormtrooper still have a slightly reflective surface?
 HapSlash
05-31-2003, 8:08 PM
IB is working on Crix Madine while I've thrown some ideas together on Rebus. But I haven't really started work on anything yet, just trying to get a basic idea of how the character should look.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the original Stormtrooper doesn't have any reflective properties in JO.
 Geoffrey S
06-01-2003, 7:45 AM
Well, not really reflective, but a slightly shiny surface. Could be wrong, I haven't played JO in ages.
Page: 1 of 1