Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The official E3 Hands-on Previews of JA thread

Page: 1 of 2
 Taos
05-14-2003, 1:40 AM
This is one of the first articles from E3 written about Jedi Acadamy by IGN.....

May 13, 2003 - Just a few weeks ago LucasArts surprised everyone with the sudden announcement of Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, the third in the Jedi Knight series. Scheduled for release this year, it seemed there was no way Jedi Academy could be anything more than a small upgrade from Jedi Knight II. Boy, was I wrong. Jedi Academy is not light years ahead of its predecessor, but the game has some distinct changes and improvements that should make it the best iteration yet.

Playing as a Twi'lek Jedi (remember the green chick in Jabba's Palace?), my mission for this available E3 level was to rescue some trapped academy students. Easy enough for someone with this much power. Unlike Jedi Knight II, where you spend the first four levels of the game without a lightsaber, my Jedi was fully versed in the ways of the force.

My sexy little Twi'lek came stocked with over a half dozen force powers including drain, which is definitely a Dark Force power. She walks up to a cat, puts away her lightsaber and literally sucks the life force out of him. Oh, how many dates have I had then ended like that.

The control, which was admittedly a little bit wonky at times, seems to be fixed. The camera was a problem a few times, but the overall control was solid. Twi'lek could jump, flip, and do a myriad of other cool moves. But it's her lightsabre that was really impressive.

The lightsabre, double-bladed just like Darth Maul's, can be separated into two different sabers for double-fisted style with just a press of a button. More over, you can change the colors and properties of your sabre at the touch of a button. It may sound strange, but it's fantastic in practice.

Battles are faster than in the original as well. Getting swarmed by baddies, just a few taps of the attack buttons leads to some beautifully choreographed swings of the sabre.

Infiltrating the facility where the students were trapped, I had to slice open a vent and crawl through an airshaft. Dropping in, I was greeted by several unpleasant guards who were easily dispatched with a few shots from my Wookie crossbow. But the best (or worst?) was yet to come.

Just when it seemed like I'd done my job, the students warned me to get them out as fast as possible, because there was a rancor on the loose. Cue a cut-scene showing one big, nasty, controller-rumbling rancor.

Facing the rancor, easily four times my size, taught me some valuable lessons. First, having a wide variety of armaments is a definite necessity when facing a giant, hungry, slobbering eating machine. Second, foregoing those weapons and trying to use force powers against a beast that is nearly impervious to such things is a bad idea. And thirdly, never get too close to a rancor, because they can pick you up and eat you.

Thus ended my first, but certainly not last, experience with Jedi Academy. There's still plenty of info to be discovered and dished (there's a create-a-character function yet to be shown and a mysterious set of meters on the left side of the screen), so keep your eyes peeled for IGN for more details soon.

-- Hilary Goldstein

I like the sound of how things are shaping up. :D This also ends the debate about the staff saber splitting in two. :)
 Wacky_Baccy
05-14-2003, 2:09 AM
HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF LUCAS THIS SOUNDS GOOD :eek: :eek: :eek:

W:eek:W

*faints*

...This, is going, to ROCK O.O

*dies*

Oh yeah, thanx for the heads-up, Leemu! =D
 Shaggy1984
05-14-2003, 2:11 AM
Wow.. you can break the staff off into 2 sabers. I wonder if you can then alternate to turning one of the sabers off and just going to single sabre. Allowing you to possess all three modes at once. That would be cool :D

Theres also an xbox hands on though that is ign insider.. I wonder if it is any different to the pc hands on??
 BrodieCadden
05-14-2003, 2:23 AM
Sounds good, but cummon, lightsabers aren't pieces of lego! Break it here and break it there, pheh.
 J.K Luke
05-14-2003, 3:45 AM
yea I read that too and certainly feel the hype!

Can't wait for the game to be released...
 PrimoSidone
05-14-2003, 1:41 PM
WOW that sounds SWEEEEET
 StormHammer
05-14-2003, 1:59 PM
Thanks, Leemu. :)

If the forums hadn't been down, I'd have posted that myself. :D

If they're right about splitting the lightsaber, then I think it's a great idea, and will definitely balance out some of the problems people were talking about regarding the different styles of saber combat.

:D

All we need now is some in-game footage.
 PrimoSidone
05-14-2003, 2:07 PM
CRAP! :( :( :( :( :(

Publisher: LucasArts Developer: Raven Software Genre: Action
Release Date: 11/14/2003
 Prime
05-14-2003, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
CRAP! :( :( :( :( :(

Publisher: LucasArts Developer: Raven Software Genre: Action
Release Date: 11/14/2003 This is what was expected, so they are right on time.

Personally, I think the splitting double saber is a bit much. The game does sound cool though.
 PrimoSidone
05-14-2003, 3:29 PM
it would be nice if i could play it in summer vacation :(
 Prime
05-14-2003, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by PrimoSidone
it would be nice if i could play it in summer vacation :( I wish I had summer vacation :)
 MattJedi
05-14-2003, 5:27 PM
Hmmmmm, splitting the staff, I don't know man I was hoping they would all be seperate but then again this could lead to some interesting gameplay situations.

I will be trying it out and probly sticking with the single just because I think the lightstaff is overated.
 Emon
05-14-2003, 6:49 PM
Keep in mind that this is an article by a foolish IGN staff member, not everything he says is going to be accurate. He can easily under or overstate things.
 Rad Blackrose
05-14-2003, 6:52 PM
Originally posted by Emon
Keep in mind that this is an article by a foolish IGN staff member, not everything he says is going to be accurate. He can easily under or overstate things.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

I'm surprised no one said "take IGN's news with a grain of salt" sooner.
 Jolts
05-14-2003, 7:07 PM
make up your own minds and watch the trailer on the official site
 Wacky_Baccy
05-14-2003, 7:25 PM
:eek:

Trailer?!

*runs to the official site*
 Tyler_Durden
05-15-2003, 2:52 AM
I just wanted to mention that the saber maul used in TPM was in fact 2 sabers locked together. I remember reading that somewhere but i can't remember where. Don't hate for that last statement. But when you think about it he could have used 2 sabers seperately at any time but i guess the situation was more advantageous for him. When you think about it, if the sabers were in fact one, wouldn't both of them have broken had obi wan cut them in half as he did? This is all speculation of course but it's pretty logical to me. I can't wait for this game, it will be the best game ever for me...... again!!!
 StormHammer
05-15-2003, 10:18 AM
Here are some more impressions from HomeLAN about JA (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=14275). There's not a great deal of new information, but there's this little gem (shameless rip):

The game’s engine, like Jedi Outcast, is still based on id Software’s Quake III engine but it’s pretty clear in our E3 demo of Jedi Academy that Raven has done a lot to improve upon it, including better character models and lighting. Indeed, when our Jedi sliced into the Rancor it actually left scars on the creature (not that it helped much; the Rancor eventually killed us).

More drivable vehicles like the Scout Walker from Jedi Outcast will be featured in Jedi Academy and multiplayer modes will be present in both the PC and Xbox versions of the game. One of the new gameplay modes, Siege can best be described as Jedi Academy’s version of Assault, which should appear to the multiplayer team community. As with Jedi Outcast, the plan is for the PC version to have unsupported mod tools released after Jedi Academy ships to stores.

So saber damage on models is definitely in there.

But most importantly...we now know there is an MP mode called Siege, and if it is like the Assault mode in UT, then it's going to ROCK! Thank you, Raven. I can't wait to play it, because I always liked UT's Assault. :D
 HertogJan
05-15-2003, 10:50 AM
YEAH!! Siege :) Hehe nice to know, I liked assault but I felt it didn't belong in a game like UT... Well I think it DOES belong in JA, great!
 lonepadawan
05-15-2003, 3:34 PM
Siege sounds awsome... you can just see a load of jedi charging a wall, the players on top firing guns, then as the opposing team force jumps onto the wall, they draw their sabers and hack them to pieces... mmm
 StormHammer
05-15-2003, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by lonepadawan
Siege sounds awsome... you can just see a load of jedi charging a wall, the players on top firing guns, then as the opposing team force jumps onto the wall, they draw their sabers and hack them to pieces... mmm

Yeah...I think they're going to have to put in a lot of high walls to keep out the invaders. :D

I think this kind of mode could become very interesting...particularly if they were to try and introduce elements like turrets that you can place for auto-defence, like the 'base defence' missions in Unreal 2's SP. That would absolutely rock, IMHO. Raven, please take note. :D
 Kurgan
05-15-2003, 5:45 PM
I just wanted to mention that the saber maul used in TPM was in fact 2 sabers locked together. I remember reading that somewhere but i can't remember where. Don't hate for that last statement. But when you think about it he could have used 2 sabers seperately at any time but i guess the situation was more advantageous for him. When you think about it, if the sabers were in fact one, wouldn't both of them have broken had obi wan cut them in half as he did? This is all speculation of course but it's pretty logical to me. I can't wait for this game, it will be the best game ever for me...... again!!!

Actually I don't think Maul's saber was ever meant to split in two. You'll notice in the film (TPM) when it is cut, the one end sparks and shuts off. It obviously was not usable again...

Its feasible that in the 50+ years between TPM and JA sabers have been developed that were able to connect handle-to-handle for double saber action... just as "water-proof" sabers were likely developed between TPM and AOTC (if not before, among more expensive models).

I wonder how it will be handle in multiplayer?
 Swat
05-16-2003, 4:41 AM
www.gamespot.com/pc/action/jediacademy/preview_6028090.html)

nice read. whatsmore it says that we get to see familiar faces, such as Chewie in the game!
 HertogJan
05-16-2003, 5:49 AM
Yay!! :) Chewie!! Well it didn't contain that much of information, beside the fact that you can customize your hilt with different colors :) And they are suggesting that Siege will be pretty massive!
 StormHammer
05-16-2003, 6:59 AM
Well, it also mentions this...

It's conceivable though, that our Jedi character wasn't particularly well equipped for the job in hand, since the game's structure is such that you'll have the option to choose your own path through the game--only being required to complete 80 percent of the missions to reach the end--and, in most cases, return to missions that you've previously failed once you have a few extra Jedi tricks in your arsenal.

Until now we haven't known that you can skip parts of the game in order to complete it. Unless they are simply talking about the Light Side and Dark Side missions, which are supposed to be different - but they seem to be talking about the game as a whole.

Anyway, I like the idea of being able to return to a mission that previously failed. It means that for the first time...you can fail and continue to play, instead of being confronted with a Game Over screen. That's excellent news for me, because it was one thing that really annoyed me in JO. Thanks, Raven! :D

I'm even more pumped about seeing the Siege mode in action - and I hope they are including bots (revamped with better intelligence etc. ) for those levels so I can play them offline if I have problems with lag online. :)
 HertogJan
05-16-2003, 7:13 AM
I was hoping that you would be able to play with 32 ppl against bots online!! That would make a real siege, conquer the bots!!
 StormHammer
05-16-2003, 7:25 AM
Originally posted by HertogJan
I was hoping that you would be able to play with 32 ppl against bots online!! That would make a real siege, conquer the bots!!

Now that would absolutely rock...and it would absolutely kill my framerate on a laggy 56k connection. :D
 Nemios
05-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Have you seen this (http://pc.ign.com/articles/401/401890p1.html?fromint=1)?) Contains a lot of info!!!
 Nemios
05-16-2003, 12:20 PM
"While using the more eclectic lightsabers sounds cool, there are some drawbacks. While you gain a slight advantage with the staff lightsaber since you can attack enemies behind you, you won't be able to use force powers that require your hands at all. You're also limited a bit if you dual-wield lightsabers. Again, you won't be able to use force powers that require free hands. What you will be able to do though is force throw one of your lightsabers at some poor fool while still swinging away with the other. When asked whether you could sheath one of your sabers to use your force powers in the game, producer Brett Tosti said it wasn't in the game, but did say it's something they might consider."

This seems logic to me, but in the video we see the use of force push and lightning by a double bladed saber. Maybe an old version?

"In addition to being human, you can also opt to play a Zabrak, Twi'lek or Kel Dor Jedi"

Ke Dor is the race of Plo Koon...

"Expect the standard deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag options. There will also be objective-based multiplayer missions similar to Counter-Strike, complete with character specializations such as demolitions expert, infantry trooper and, of course, Jedi"

So there WILL be a sort of saga mode!

"When you complete a mission, you'll get a choice of force power to add to your arsenal"

Like the firs Jedi Knight.

"Brett Tosti did tell us that the team is looking to incorporate a lot of the force powers into solving puzzles in the single-player game. One example he shared with us was the force power foresight, which can be used to find clues for puzzles or to see enemies through walls."

I hope we'll not see absurd force powers like destruction. Instead I'd like a projection return from MotS.

Seems a great pack of news to me!
 StormHammer
05-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Excellent! I was just about to post that here myself, but you beat me to it. Good job. ;)

At last...they have revealed themselves to the gamers...er...

Anyway, I guess it kind of makes sense including Zabrak as a pickable race...considering a lot of people will want to do a Darth Maul with the dual-staff. Heh. :D

And the new MP mode is starting to sound fragalicious. *rubs hands gleefully*

It's great to see Foresight coming into the picture...I know a lot of us wanted something like this.

I also noted that we'll be seeing the Millennium Falcon...probably along with Chewie (according to that other article above somewhere), and possibly Han Solo.

Anyway, with these new race additions, that so far gives us a choice of...

Human
Rodian
Twi'Lek
Zabrak
Kel Dor

I wonder if there will be even more? Hopefully there will. :)
 HertogJan
05-16-2003, 1:07 PM
OMG!! Great news, I wanted the lightstaff ppl to be unable to use forcepowers, woohoo! :) And of course the news about playing as a Zabrak is great too, I'll probably play trough the game first as a Zabrak (dark side) and then as a human (light side) :)

Great!!
 txa1265
05-16-2003, 2:59 PM
Just checking ... Zabrak is the race of Darth Maul, and Kel Dor is Plo Koon?

The whole picture is shaping us so nicely ... we are seeing a Force Foresight, very nice ... mission variety and options, again good ... the 'balancing' of the saberstaff to force power usage, also makes sense ... all looks nice.

What?!?!?! It's only May ... oh, well ...

Mike
 MattJedi
05-16-2003, 3:10 PM
I do not believe your going to be able to split the staff in two. With the new info i have read it seems your going to have to make a choice, and you will not be able to throw the lightstaff, Awesome!! Also the advantage of the two sabers is you can do double damage to an enemy in front of you, advantage of staff is you can fight in front and behind you like a defense like maul and also the kick I suppose.

So its gonna be totally diverse gameplay!! Depending on what you choose. I was also very excited to hear about the Seige mode, there will be different classes to choose from!!! This will add a lot fo multiplayer! I think Raven is doing an awesome job and I cannot wait for this game, its gonna rock!!!
 StormHammer
05-16-2003, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
Just checking ... Zabrak is the race of Darth Maul, and Kel Dor is Plo Koon?

Yes, that's right. :thumbsup:

Here are some links...

Plo Koon - Kel Dor (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/index.html)

Darth Maul - Zabrak (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthmaul/index.html)

:)
 Solbe M'ko
05-17-2003, 5:34 AM
I though Zabrak were rare!? (Maul and that dude Eeth Koth, exceptions. edit- and the guy from Ep2 in the arena. Geez, not so rare anymore.:()
Where's my Duros!?
Where's my Arcona!?
Where's my Barabel!?
Where's my Gran!?
Where's my Big Blue Elephant Max Rebo dude!?
Where's my keys?

Anyway, sounds good. :D
 BloodRiot
05-17-2003, 6:56 PM
Indeed the game is shaping up in a way i find most positive.

Some of my favorite features so far annouced being the MP modes like Siege and the SAGA-Like stuff probably incorporated into Siege and the new force power, foresight seems outstanding.

Projection as sugested would be cool as well... i'd consider it a form of persuasion...like... you persuade your enemy that you went the other way ;p

I remember force sight being most helpful in JK1 with the overhead map... you sensed your enemies on the map...I can still remember surprising some of my friends that didn't know how i could find them all the time and actually tell where they where via the chat command...they used to freak out cuz they didnt know sight could do that. I'd liek to see something like that implemented again...while applying bonus to the defense when activated and maybe even the autododge already in JO.

Persuasion being an alternate name for invisibility sucks... i'd rather see force blind instead of force "invisibility" it would give lightside an offensive side without causing permanent harm to the target.

again going to the foresight thing... for FARsight from mots would be good in SP...not sure if it would work well in mp tho.

Well, these ideas of mine aside, the main thing is...im pleased with the progress so far...most thigns revealed are quite appealing. Hope things stay on the current path.

Cheers.
 SettingShadow
05-18-2003, 5:40 AM
Originally posted by Solbe M'ko
Where's my Duros!?
Where's my Arcona!?
Where's my Barabel!?
Where's my Gran!?
Where's my Big Blue Elephant Max Rebo dude!?
Where's my keys?

Wheres my Wookiee? :( I guess there would be some problems with that, since Wookiees can't speak any other language than their own... but the people you get to talk to could of course knew their language, or have a translator at their side.. :D I doubt they be in, though.

I'm a bit confused over one thing here, will you be able to stick with your single saber, or do you have to chose between the Lightstaff or two Sabers? Sounds good anyway. :)
 Swat
05-18-2003, 7:37 AM
new E3 preview frm Gamespy

www.gamespy.com/e32003/preview/pc/1002710)
 SettingShadow
05-18-2003, 9:29 AM
Cool, thanks for the link. :)

Chewie on Tatoine, yay. I've grown to love that "Big Walkin Carpet". :D
 StormHammer
05-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Swat. :)

Chewie on Tatooine! Yay!. :D

At least we now have a better idea of the actual gameplay structure as well. Here's a shameless rip from the article...

As the title suggests, you start out in Luke Skywalker's Jedi training academy, and the game is broken up into three tiers of missions, with five missions apiece -- Initiate, Apprentice and Jedi. For each of these tiers, you'll be able to take on any of the five missions at any time, so if you get stuck, you can simply jump to a different mission. You'll only be required to finish four out of the five missions in each tier to unlock the next missions, although you'll probably want to finish all of them, as you unlock new force powers after each successful mission. There are a few key missions between tiers that you'll be required to finish, and you'll unlock clues to the story as you progress through the game.

That makes sense to me, and sounds quite close to what we were discussing in that other thread about how they could balance the gameplay in SP. It looks like the enemies will gradually get tougher for each tier of missions, as you expand your knowledge of the Force.

Great stuff. :)
 Wacky_Baccy
05-18-2003, 1:20 PM
Posted by StormHammer
Thanks for the heads-up, Swat. :)

Chewie on Tatooine! Yay!. :DWhat he said :D Wookiees rock :D

That Gamespy article is very encouraging - I like the way JA seems to be shaping up :D

If only I could go into stasis until it's released... The waiting is killing me X.X

*goes off to watch the trailer again* :D
 Taos
05-18-2003, 2:35 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the title suggests, you start out in Luke Skywalker's Jedi training academy, and the game is broken up into three tiers of missions, with five missions apiece -- Initiate, Apprentice and Jedi. For each of these tiers, you'll be able to take on any of the five missions at any time, so if you get stuck, you can simply jump to a different mission. You'll only be required to finish four out of the five missions in each tier to unlock the next missions, although you'll probably want to finish all of them, as you unlock new force powers after each successful mission. There are a few key missions between tiers that you'll be required to finish, and you'll unlock clues to the story as you progress through the game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This part sounds incredible. I love having the option of playing different levels if I'm stuck on one! Also having ATST's in mp sounds pretty sweet as well! :D
 boinga1
05-18-2003, 7:20 PM
This whole thing sounds too good to be true (forgive the thoughts of a paranoid freak). All the sabers, drivable vehicles, charcter and mission and force and weapon customization...ON THE SAME ENGINE AS JO?!!? I dunno....I just can't believe ALL these features'll work out...well...I guess we'll know in...(looks at watch) 6 months....
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
05-20-2003, 4:58 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
This whole thing sounds too good to be true (forgive the thoughts of a paranoid freak). All the sabers, drivable vehicles, charcter and mission and force and weapon customization...ON THE SAME ENGINE AS JO?!!? I dunno....I just can't believe ALL these features'll work out...well...I guess we'll know in...(looks at watch) 6 months....

It's all true (plus some - there's more to the game than they showed at E3). And you shouldn't have to wait 6 months to see.
 StormHammer
05-20-2003, 5:23 PM
Hey, thanks a lot, Mike. :thumbsup:

You're an absolute gem! :D

6 months, eh...6 months... Now you've got me thinking, dammit! :D
 Joetheeskimo
05-20-2003, 8:41 PM
Sounds awesome! :laughing: (i know the face is ugly) And I thought that Jedi Knight 2 was the best game in the world....:eek:
 Swat
05-21-2003, 2:04 AM
here's another E3 preview of the game! (frm computerandvideogames.com)

HANDS-ON: JEDI ACADEMY TEACHES US A FEW TRICKS

Raven Software's Xbox and PC game Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy drops into our eager mitts at E3

17:27 We love Star Wars, almost to the point where we're willing to forgive the foibles of Super Bombad Racing - well, almost. [Not at all - Ed.] Thankfully, Raven Software's Jedi Academy promises to be a far, far tastier Star Wars prospect than the travesty that was Bombad, the follow-up to Jedi Outcast thrusting us back into an action-laden escapade set in the most famous fictional universe around.
Those of you with your noses to the Jedi Academy ground will already know that, before you leap into the action proper, you're presented with the most wondrous feature: the ability to create your own hero. That's cool in itself, but the accompanying ability to build your own lightsaber, something that we've wanted to do since 1977, is truly the icing on the cake.

Enhancing emotional attachment to the main protagonist, hero (and lightsaber to an extent) creation should also make the title a deeper, more immersive experience.

Your lovingly crafted character, already in possession of your personal lightsaber, is pupil to Jedi Outcast hero Kyle Katarn. A trainee Jedi, you're initially enrolled as a student at the Jedi Academy, the game then following your character's journey to full Jedi status. Needless to say, as the story unravels you'll encounter numerous trials that will test your powers to the limit.

Jedi Academy is obviously heavy on action, combat in follow-up focussing predominantly on lightsaber battles. With this in mind, it won't surprise you to learn that lightsaber battles in the game look spectacular.

Single lightsaber, dual lightsaber and Darth Maul-style double-ended lightsaber wielding features, the weapons leaving gorgeous light traces in their wake as they sweep through the air, turning fights into visual treats.

The awesome lightsaber fight scenes in the game are akin to those seen in Attack of the Clones, our hero often confronting multiple enemies resulting in furious, stunning duel situations. Jedi dancing the graceful, stylised dance of Jedi combat has never looked so good, antagonists armed with a single lightsaber able to pull of impressive spins and acrobatic manoeuvres.

Dual-wielding combatants are able to throw both lightsabers as well, which is ultimately cool.

But it's not all about lightsaber combat. In one part of Jedi Academy that we got to play we were venturing across snowy landscapes aback a Taun-Taun and letting loose with the blaster. In another, we were negotiating catwalks in typical interior Star Wars environment and trying to avoid being Force-Pushed off by Dark Jedi. And as with Jedi Outcast, there'll be plenty of puzzles to solve.

Force powers have been tweaked and can now be combined to enhance overall effect, and there's more emphasis on having to use Force powers in specific situations this time around. For example, if an enemy tries to attack you with Force Grip, then your best option of defence will be to repel such an attack with Force Push. Nice.

While we only got to see a snapshot of what Jedi Academy has to offer, it's obvious that Raven Software is pulling out all the stops to try and provide us with the ultimate Star Wars action experience with Jedi Academy. Certain scenes that we've witnessed already stand out, not least the appearance of a mighty Rancor, an incredibly impressive looking fellow, while on a rescue mission to free some trapped civilian types.

Jedi Academy lightsaber-waving is due to commence at the end of the year. We'll be igniting along with the rest of you. Fizzoww! Swooooosh!
 Joetheeskimo
05-21-2003, 3:36 AM
wow!! :eek: can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 HertogJan
05-21-2003, 6:03 AM
and trying to avoid being Force-Pushed off by Dark Jedi.

Hahaha, singleplayer push whores :D :D

For example, if an enemy tries to attack you with Force Grip, then your best option of defence will be to repel such an attack with Force Push. Nice.

Wow... never have seen THAT before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some 'journalists' are so badly informed... THEY think those lightsaberbattles can be compared to the EPII ones... Well after a while you'll see the bad points of lightsaber combat as in JO... But I won't complain, it does look cool and I really hope duels are as fast paced as they say they will be :)
 SettingShadow
05-21-2003, 7:17 AM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Wow... never have seen THAT before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, it does sound familiar... now WHERE have I encountered that before? hm... no, can it be, it can't be... Jedi Outcast! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it sounds good.. and I hope the saber combat is better than in AotC, and more like TPM.. I really didn't like the saber duels in AotC, while the Darth Maul, Qui and Obi fight ruled. :D
Page: 1 of 2