Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mouse Sabering

Page: 1 of 1
 UDM
04-13-2003, 9:03 AM
You mentioned on the website that there would be mouse sabering, and you can use your mouse to perform combos. Is this going to be like Die By the Sword, where you can use your mouse to swing the saber?
 razorace
04-13-2003, 9:13 AM
Sort of. It's more like you use the mouse to determine the type of swing you want to do.
 Alesh
04-13-2003, 12:58 PM
So depending on how you are moving you mouse when you press attack you perform one swing or another? Is that what you mean?
 razorace
04-13-2003, 6:37 PM
Well, you hold down the button and move it in the direction you want to swing. We're also setting it up so depending on how far you move the mouse, the different stance attack you use. It's very hard to describe without a demo. :)
 Six of One
04-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Not so good news for me... for some strange reason since JK2 came out I've always used the keyboard for sabering...
Oh well, time to try to something new :)

-Half a dozen of another
 razorace
04-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Well, You'll still be able to use the old system with some modifications. :)
 Lord Infamous
04-14-2003, 2:18 AM
I like the idea of keeping the old style too, unless the mouse sabering is completely more fun, either way mouse sabering sounds cool to me
 razorace
04-14-2003, 2:21 AM
Yeah, I figured some people might still want to use the old system. :)
 UDM
04-14-2003, 10:12 AM
Will mouse sabering use stances then? How will the player turn and move smoothly with it?

Oh man I can't stop myself from drooling. Ever since I played DBTS, I've been telling myself "Man someone's gotta put this into JK2!!!"
 razorace
04-14-2003, 3:38 PM
ASk came up with the current plan. The system will allow you to use all the stances at once. Again, it's difficult to understand without actually seeing it. We'll try to post something when we got the HUD art working.
Page: 1 of 1