Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Co-op in Jedi Knight 3!! Please, we've been waiting so long for this feature!

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Lunatic
04-01-2003, 3:10 AM
Please could Raven implement co-operative play of the single player levels in JK3!! Or at least implement the code so it can be modded later on!! The community has been striving to have co-op for some time now, but these requests have always been turned down.

PLEASE! Maybe they could even design the story so the single player levels can be played with multiple people? Please, introduce a tiny bit of originality. I'm sure a lot of people are sick of the drab single player FPS games that are released on a continual basis. Do something different that will make people say

"Hey, you can play through the single player levels co-operatively!!!"
"OMG! That's awesome!! Why hasn't this been thought of before!?"
:p

Show your support for a co-op mode in Jedi Knight 3!
 Silent_Thunder
04-01-2003, 3:29 AM
I agree. So much advancement in terms of gameplay can be made right now... but most FPSs just don't take advantage of it. Co-op mode would certainly help bring even more depth and reply value to JKIII (that and more dynamic levels and boss fights, but that's another thread).
 Luc Solar
04-01-2003, 3:54 AM
It's odd really..just about all console games are co-op, but so very few pc-games have this possibility. :confused:

Having two people mashing buttons on one comp might be a bit tricky control-wise, but with two comps over the net.. or..OR MULTIPLE COMPS!! How 'bout playing the SP game with 5 buddies!!! OMG-OMG!! :bounce1: Perhaps even on different sides!!!! The other team could be fighting along the side of the Imperials trying to stop the Jedi's!! :bounce1: How cool would that be!!? I'm all out of exclamation marks111 Help11 :D
 Neko Lain
04-01-2003, 4:02 AM
Great idea

The sven coop mod for halflife was alot of fun.
 Anakin
04-01-2003, 4:16 AM
There already is a co-op function in JK2- not a true co-op but alows you to play against a team, a little like Counterstrike.
 Neko Lain
04-01-2003, 4:29 AM
I believe they are refering to single player.
 Anakin
04-01-2003, 4:31 AM
Well take me sideways so they are, now this could be more intresting, a good chance for Editors to get more people into thier game, can you imagine the possibilites, oh I can oh yes I can....
 Russ
04-01-2003, 4:45 AM
Co-op makes a game in my opinion. Games like Halo and Time Splitters 2 are just so awesome because your with a friend, playing missions. Covering each other, taking on heaps of enemies together, running and gunning, it's just so awesome. Network Co-op all the way in JKIII.
Yeah!
 Darth Lunatic
04-01-2003, 7:17 AM
I think the time is ripe for a fresh and original style of gameplay. If the single player is yet another button-finding extravaganza (like Jedi Knight 2) i'll be quite disappointed.

Come on Raven. Give us something to be really excited about it.
 Hekx
04-01-2003, 7:41 AM
You have my axe, or vote for that matter.

Co-op should be a major addition to JKIII. Aswell as some other gametypes. 2vs2 duels anyone? ;)
 SettingShadow
04-01-2003, 8:17 AM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ

And you have my Sword... lightsaber that is, you wouldnt dare touch my Sword! :mad:

*looks around*

Oh, uh, yea Co-op would really rock. So, Raven include co-op or be destroyed! *realizes the odds*... PLEAAAAASE, Raven plzzzzz include co-op, I BEEEEEEEEG you...
 Russ
04-01-2003, 8:40 AM
WE WANT COOP IN JKIII.
 furiousgeorge31
04-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Great Idea!! I'm going to start a poll.;) ;)
 Chandler
04-11-2003, 8:28 AM
Yeah, it would certainly help us out in the coding department, but even if Raven does not include co-op in JA (although this game seems like it was so made for it), it's not going to stop us :D!
 boinga1
04-11-2003, 9:47 AM
co-op is good if they include it...btw, you could do it on one comp if you owned a gamepad, one person uses the gamepad, one uses keyboard.
 Fylter
04-11-2003, 10:24 AM
I hate the lack of SP Co-op games on the PC. Having a 2 PC LAN at home, theres only so many times you can play Serious Sam SP :)

Jedi Academy being a Co-op game will definately earn my money.
Like the above poster, Halo and Time Splitters are great examples of how it could work.
 Darth Lunatic
04-11-2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah exactly. There seems to be a drought of co-op games for PC. Jedis fighting together to complete the single player levels has so much potential. Especially if the levels are designed for it!
 Taos
04-11-2003, 2:02 PM
I think having the option would be a cool thing. I really enjoyed playing Halo in co-op mode. Having two jedi side by side.......that would/could be fun! :)
 BloodRiot
04-11-2003, 8:02 PM
This is funny.. I posted a poll yesterday or so... and it wasnt too visited.. now there's tons of people begging for coop on diferent threads... sounds awesome that so many people enjoy this type of MP game mode.

As you guyz ... I'm all for coop mode. :)
 Rad Blackrose
04-11-2003, 8:10 PM
BloodRiot lives!

Anyways, I'm all for co-op mode. It was a shame that WLS' project died out so sudden, along with the lack of support in these sort of things.

2v2 duels would be nice.
 master_thomas
04-11-2003, 10:14 PM

And you have my Sword... lightsaber that is, you wouldnt dare touch my Sword

And by bow (bowcaster)

And my, uhhhh, there were only three :(. Oh well, uhhh you have my destructive electromagnetic pulse gun, with that, we can destroy the computers of those who stand in our way! Mwahahahahaha!

Or how about my vote. Much easier, plus, I don't have one of those babies! :(:)
 Iblis Reborn
04-12-2003, 3:01 AM
that would rule so much!
so many times have i been playing a game and wished it was coop
you cant go wrong with that!
 Kurgan
04-12-2003, 4:55 PM
I know Serious Sam is a simple FPS game, but it did Coop play quite well. The ony thing that was lacking was that only the player who "activated" the scripted sequence would see the cutscene. This could easily be fixed though I would think.

At least if Raven could release the SP SDK source, that would make it possible for mod makers to create it later on.
 The_true_lynk
04-12-2003, 5:01 PM
Co-op would make the came alot better, one of you could grip and enemy and the other could slash him, one could push someone and the other could attack him.. The possabilities are endless!
 Izzy
04-12-2003, 7:05 PM
Just look at Halo and Time Splitters 2. Honestly, they are awesome, and there are no Jedi in them! Picture a type of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Maul mission in JKIII. It would be totally awesome!
COOP 4 SP IN JKIII
 Agen
04-12-2003, 7:10 PM
well raven explained this tons of times....
The Q3 engine mp can't hold as many textures as SP maknig a co-op mode very very hard to make. Anyone remember the co-op mod team? they had to give up because of that.. they even had raven helping them, chances are this is gonna be very unlikely.
 Kurgan
04-12-2003, 9:07 PM
Really? I thought it was because they weren't allowed to modify the SP source that it wasn't possible.

If the Raven guys helped them, maybe it simply couldn't be done, period. That's too bad (if true). ; p
 MattJedi
04-12-2003, 9:34 PM
Man coop would be sweet, frame rate would be an issue, a big one!
 Shotokan
04-13-2003, 3:44 AM
cooperation please! man i cant imagine how much fun that would be... actually... i can... but i jes want it! raven!!!!
 Altus_Thrawn
04-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Co-op would be cool. The only thing is it is annoying when your "helper" is not good, but there are twice as many bad guys and you repeatedly die, or when he is awsome, and you just follow him around and do nothing.
 Blademaster_109
04-13-2003, 1:36 PM
i would love to play co-op with my friends. It'd be like halo and that is one of the things that made that great.
 Kurgan
04-14-2003, 4:39 AM
Serious Sam could do 2 player coop (4 player was pushing it framerate wise) with TONS of enemies on the screen at once.

Of course I'm not sure the Q3 engine could handle it as well, so maybe not... the developers would know better than any of us.
 BloodRiot
04-14-2003, 6:58 AM
Coop doesnt need to put enemies into the same level per player. Delta Force LandWarrior simply made them thougher and harder... and i can say.. it was harder to pass the missions in Coop than it was in SP. I liked it alot.

Think of those elite nazi females on RTCW... man that AI kicked serious but...some of the best i've seen. It has nothing to do with the lame Lightning spamming bots on JO for MP. In RTCW they were hardly human opponents but definetly better than most bots i've seen in games. It woudl be cool to actually fight in SP with one or two friends with bots that really took cover...

But where doesn coop really make a big diference over standard SP? For me... take Delta Force BlackHawk Down for instance... I liked the fact that a bit like MOHAA we add a squad... but it's still a bit of one man army since my team fires and fires and fires but it's mostly the player that gets the job done.. damn.. if i was to rely on my squad to get things done i'd be still in the first level or so. Of course that the whole point of a SP... to make the player finish it and not the bots... but one can only get away from that with harder enemies and with a real squad to back you up making the player not the one man army but dependant on the team in order to survive... that's the goal for a good Coop gam mode.

Cheers.
04-14-2003, 8:39 PM
ive always thought leading a bunch of bots a poor excuse for co-op.

i agree, jk3 should have co-op, at least if raven wants me to buy it. doesnt have to be the sp campaign, mp mode is fine, but there should be co-op.

i think devs find co-op a can of worms in general, maybe the way around that is to keep the sp as sp, but put lots of attention into co-op mp.
 StormHammer
04-14-2003, 8:48 PM
Even something along the lines of the recently introduced Invasion mode in UT2K3 would be welcome in MP, in my book. Although there are much better ideas kicking around for co-op modes of play. I doubt we'll see it this time around, but we can hope for next time...
 Blademaster_109
04-14-2003, 9:24 PM
that sucks, oh well. all i do in co-op is back stab my partern and kill and thats what multiplayer is for.
Page: 1 of 1