Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: New Yoda... Assistance Requested

Page: 2 of 4
 Master_Payne
04-03-2003, 2:22 PM
Great news, I only have one sugestion(?) eeer, something to say, can you name the model folder something 'cept "yoda", I mean EpiiYoda, SomethingYoda, so it can be added without replace kinja's one, I say 'cause I have 3 Vaders, 4 Padmes, etc.
thanks in advance.
 t3rr0r
04-03-2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Master_Payne
Great news, I only have one sugestion(?) eeer, something to say, can you name the model folder something 'cept "yoda", I mean EpiiYoda, SomethingYoda, so it can be added without replace kinja's one, I say 'cause I have 3 Vaders, 4 Padmes, etc.
thanks in advance.
maybe something along the lines of "masteryoda"...
 Lord Tnuc
04-03-2003, 5:11 PM
Perhaps, like the Ben Kenobi model that Kevin did..you could have three(at least) variations. One, where he's got the robe off, and he's just got that lil..jumpsuit thing on. Second, would be what we see in the pics you've shown..and third, could be where he's got his hood up, covering most of his features. I d'no...just a thought. Rambling, I guess.

Heh...it'd be funny if someone could do sort of a minimod for the lightsaber. Build his walking stick, and have him actually walk with it (using different animation configurations. Not make new animations...just specify different animations to use for each frame, like saber stances). So it'd look like he's walking with his stick. And then when it's ignited...someone could have it just..do the little twirl thing that Kyle does..and a shader making it look like he's holding it more like a sword, than a cane...then, he could slap people around with his little stick. Complete with sounds, too!
 Bart Skywalker
04-03-2003, 5:53 PM
Thank you so much for the facial animations (and for the model itself. GREAT!). I can't wait!
 .:Solusar:.
04-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Wow!. nice model
Im impressed... thats all i can say..
Keep up with the good work man.

04-05-2003, 8:28 PM
Wow.. nice model.. Is this model goin to be the right size or do you have to download a certain mod to make him the small size everyone likes?... Well anyway Good Job i like it a lot..
 KaiaSowapit
04-05-2003, 9:06 PM
Master_Payne - yes I have every intention of naming the folder so it doesn't conflict with any other existing models. Don't worry. :) And thanks for the suggestion t3rr0r, I'll definitely keep it in mind. (I guess "Kermit_&_Miss_Piggy's_lovechild" is a wee bit on the long side. ;))

Lord Tnuc - currently there will be only one variation (hehe if one counts as a variation). In order to reduce polycount and streamline the model, portions of Yoda obscured by his robe have been removed. A "jumpsuit-only" version won't be an option. Sorry. :(

As for his walking stick, I think the only way that would be possible is via a custom hilt. As for coding a mini-mod and so forth - hehe - that's way beyond my ability.

Bart Skywalker, you're welcome and thanks for the compliment (you too CyBerNetiX).

Thanks SkiTzo. Unfortunately, this model will require you to download a mod that includes scaling code such as ForceMod (my personal favorite), JediMod, or one of the latest JediPlus/OmniMod variants if you intend to play Yoda the appropriate size. I wish I knew a way around this, but as far as I know there isn't. (Keep your fingers crossed JKIII addresses this issue.)

Thanks again everyone for your support and encouragement!
 Crowy
04-05-2003, 9:48 PM
lemme say WOW!!! i cant wait...
04-06-2003, 1:18 AM
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit
Master_Payne -

Unfortunately, this model will require you to download a mod that includes scaling code such as ForceMod (my personal favorite), JediMod, or one of the latest JediPlus/OmniMod variants if you intend to play Yoda the appropriate size. I wish I knew a way around this, but as far as I know there isn't. (Keep your fingers crossed JKIII addresses this issue.)

Thanks again everyone for your support and encouragement!

Darn.. I was hoping there was a possible way to get the model smaller without a mod... o well i guess i can cope with downloading another mod.. heheh
04-06-2003, 1:18 AM
I can't wait for it to come out!
 ninja
04-08-2003, 2:09 AM
this one looks like its going to be better modeled than its predecesor.
04-08-2003, 2:31 AM
Originally posted by ninja
this one looks like its going to be better modeled than its predecesor.

AWW! how come he always beats me here!. o well like he said. your doing a better job then the modelers before it mesa tinks. ;)
 ninja
04-08-2003, 3:24 AM
yeeeaaass hhhrrrrmmm hehehehehe.
 Crowy
04-08-2003, 5:50 AM
are you like psychic ninja? ive noticed it too...
 ronbrothers
04-08-2003, 7:03 AM
This is very, very nice. Good luck with it.
 Skellington
04-08-2003, 8:56 AM
Ummm..hey, dunno if this is of any use to you anymore...but I'm both a Maya and Max guy, and can go back and forth pretty easily. Are you still looking for someone to do the conversion, and also, has anyone figured out how to add custom animations as of yet. I actually played around a few weeks ago and nailed down Yoda's EP2 walk cycle in Max. If it's possible to import the thing, you've got a walk for him here ready to go if you want it.
In any event, it's looking great!
 AlzWisHum
04-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Really cool indeed. Worthy of being THE Yoda. No offense meant to the fine work of Kinja & team.

Don't forget Jedi Academy! ;)
 Hekx
04-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Any problems with robe clipping?
 Tesla
04-08-2003, 5:08 PM
Very nice model can't wait till it's finished ;)
04-09-2003, 11:12 PM
*claps, encore encore.
This model will kick some major butt in the game. heh. um does yoda have some sort of belt around his waist? i was just wondering about that cause the red part of his clothes looks lonely. heh. well that was just a suggestion.
 Crowy
04-12-2003, 12:22 AM
crowy agrees on the belto thingo
 Higginson
04-12-2003, 4:58 AM
Yeah, i thought he had a belt in episode 2, holding his lightsaber, but i havent seen the film in a while, so maybe im rong.
04-12-2003, 6:27 AM
Well anyway Belt or no belt i think it looks good.;) Just keep up with the good work and maybe you will become one of the revered legendary etc modeler. Anyway I wish you good luck and hope that this model never dies! I think this one might be the best one out so far:p
 Lord Tnuc
04-13-2003, 4:39 AM
What about a hood? Would a hooded variation like the Old Ben model work out okay? I think it'd be badassed to see little Yoda walking around with his his robe and hood over his head..covering most of his face. Little Yoda loking much like how Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan looked in the beginning of Episode I, actually, is what I had in mind. Just an idea, though. Very good job on him. I was asonished on how well Kinja's was. And well, I have to admit, though hard it is(I love that model) that this is the new Yoda. This is Yoda.
 Crowy
04-13-2003, 5:28 AM
just watched ep II withdraw the belt thing he does wear a brown jumpsuit!!!!
 -=DarkZero=-
04-14-2003, 12:18 AM
(I just got the EPISODE 2 YODA YESTERDAY!)
Any way this model's comming along greatley from what I see,but the forum seems to have died down,is it still going on?
 Shotokan
04-14-2003, 12:57 AM
isnt it done yet?
04-14-2003, 3:19 AM
From the looks of it, it looks to me its almost done, heh but what the heck do i know, im just a person sitting here writing posts all day. The model looks great so far and i can't wait for this baby to be released.
 Tesla
04-14-2003, 4:44 AM
i defently can't wait till it's released , a great model and hope you produce more fine models like this well done :D
 Psyk0Sith
04-14-2003, 3:11 PM
The model's not dead, Kaia had to go on a trip for the week or somthin.

I know that the uvw maps need to be fixed a bit and it should be ready for rigging. I think KevinCoyle was supposed to do the rigging but he vanished...
 -=DarkZero=-
04-15-2003, 12:37 AM
well hopfully the underwear gnomes are done with him so he can come back to finishing the model :P
 SkiTzoGuy
04-15-2003, 1:12 AM
Originally posted by Psyk0Sith
The model's not dead, Kaia had to go on a trip for the week or somthin.

I know that the uvw maps need to be fixed a bit and it should be ready for rigging. I think KevinCoyle was supposed to do the rigging but he vanished...

Thats good to know that he went on a trip. I thought he was like out of it.. Anyway I don't think anyone has heard of KevinCoyle in a long time. I havn't. This model looks so dang good i can't wait for it to come out!. Keep up with the good work.
 Crowy
05-07-2003, 6:03 AM
is this like gone? dead, vanquished? coz... i was really looking forward to it :(
 inbredyokel
05-07-2003, 3:24 PM
It's alive...I think Kaia is still on vacation. If Kevin doesn't complete the model, someone from the aotctc team will, so rest assured that this model will be released.
 kerocool
05-08-2003, 3:20 PM
This model looks sooo cool......... i really meen it
 DarkLord60
05-08-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Crowy
is this like gone? dead, vanquished? coz... i was really looking forward to it :(

I can back that up
05-09-2003, 5:23 AM
I hope this model doesn't die, lets all just hope that he went on a vacation.:confused: Anyway im still looking foward to playing it in games.
 inbredyokel
05-10-2003, 6:08 AM
He is, I chatted with him briefly about 2 weeks ago when he had access to a laptop. He should be back pretty soon, I'll probably drop him an email.
 DarkLord60
05-11-2003, 7:19 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
It's alive...I think Kaia is still on vacation. If Kevin doesn't complete the model, someone from the aotctc team will, so rest assured that this model will be released.

Ok sorry about my post above I quoted wrong person heh I meant to say I can back up what Indy said because I work with kaia and indy.
 Lord Siraious
05-17-2003, 1:48 AM
Just wondering how the "New Yoda" project is going? If I had any skill at all in skinning or modelling I'd offer my help but as I dont I wont. I'll just watch this project come along from the sidelines :yoda:
 Psyk0Sith
05-17-2003, 2:35 PM
The project seems to be on hold, some uvw maps and mesh adjustments are needed and then it's rigging time.
 KaiaSowapit
06-01-2003, 8:56 PM
Hey you all! I'm still alive, thanks for your concern. (You were worried about me, not just Yoda right?) Sorry my two week "vacation" turned into a two month affair (selling a house is a major chore).

Though I'm back, yes unfortunately the model still is on hold. :( I've taken it (under the magnificent tutelage of Psyk0 & Indy) about as far as I can... I still need some generous soul (with a working knowledge of 3dMax) to help finish the rigging, etc..

Also, unfortunately, it appears Kevin has dropped off the map... maybe he's selling a house too??

Anyhow, any up & coming 3dMax wizards (who'll work for beer) feel free to pm me if you'd like to volunteer. (Hint, hint!)

In the meantime, I'm throwing a shameless plug out there for Darth Syrup's ForceMod II: The Mercs Strike Back. (Check out the previews at AOTCTC.com (http://forcemod.aotctc.com/)). It's da bomb people!
 nucular_jedi_14
06-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Great job man, this yoda model does look more mature than the other, which was godly awsome except for the kiddish lookingness of it and the skins. I mean yea my little brother gets a kick out of Arco & Co.'s model, becuase yoda is his favorite character, But with this model I can get the more experenced looking yoda. Great job, and keep up the good work, and I will be looking for more of your models to come.

PS.
I checked out the ForceMod 2.0 and it looks hella awsome! It's the type of mod i've been waiting for for a long time.

NuKe OuT!
06-05-2003, 4:27 AM
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit
Hey you all! I'm still alive, thanks for your concern. (You were worried about me, not just Yoda right?) Sorry my two week "vacation" turned into a two month affair (selling a house is a major chore).

Though I'm back, yes unfortunately the model still is on hold. :( I've taken it (under the magnificent tutelage of Psyk0 & Indy) about as far as I can... I still need some generous soul (with a working knowledge of 3dMax) to help finish the rigging, etc..

Glad to hear that you are still alive! its been a long time since i have been on the forums, but i still can't wait to see this model come out! looks good and keep up with the good work!.
 KevinCoyle
06-18-2003, 1:26 PM
How's it going KaiaSowapit? I'm surprised you haven't found anyone else to finish your yoda model. If you send it to me quickly I should have some time to get it in game. Sorry it took so long last time but every time I almost got it finished you sent me a new version :D. haha, don't worry, It didn't bother me, and it was probably for the best, it's difficult to unwrap a model after it's been rigged for the game. send it over and I'll see what I can do.
 The Cheat
06-21-2003, 12:16 AM
this model is looking very impressive, i hope it gets finished
 KevinCoyle
07-14-2003, 10:55 PM
I finally got around to getting yoda in game. Here are a couple of screenshots. He isn't skinned yet but I did give him color so he wasn't all white. There are some clipping issuses with the robe that shouldn't be too much trouble to fix. The other problem is he crosses his wrists a bit when holding the saber with two hands, this problem is caused by the model not quite fitting the skeleton so unfortunatly I don't think it's a problem that can be fixed easily if at all, but it isn't really noticeable during gameplay.

Here are a few screens

YodaInGame1 (http://www.babylonius.com/invasion/images/yoda1.jpg)

YodaInGame2 (http://www.babylonius.com/invasion/images/yoda2.jpg)
 Hellfire Jedi
07-14-2003, 11:04 PM
w00t! pwnage dude! Thats good. Fix that clipping then yay, kudos to Kaia for kickin' wings model.
Kevin, ICQ. :D
 CaladienJedi
07-14-2003, 11:12 PM
thats a sweet looking yoda. Cant wait for the next update ^_^
 The Cheat
07-15-2003, 12:20 PM
looking really good, glad it is still alive
Page: 2 of 4