Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why did the game die/is the game dying?

Page: 4 of 6
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 7:16 PM
Originally posted by Prime
This really sums it up for me. I have loved this game from the very beginning, both MP and SP. Frankly there was little that I wanted changed, apart from the obvious bugs (DFA collision box and so on). I didn't really like the fact that each patch changed the game so drastically, firstly because I had to learn a new way to play, and secondly because I thought the game was good to begin with and didn't need sweeping changes. Personally, I think Raven knew that they made a good game, both from the reviews and boards, and should have let it find it's audience on its own. If it was a bad game, no amount of patches is going to make it a good game. Ignore people who whine when you know it makes no sense for the game. I never understood why people took the time to come here and demand sweeping changes about a game they didn't like and didn't play.

I was going to comment on this also, but after all the back and forth we had, I felt it just wasn't worth the effort.

It doesn't. You have shown more class and knowledge than Break has shown after 500+. Even if people don't agree with you, at least you are willing to debate with counterpoints, and that deserves respect.

Whether (1) is true or not, we'll never know. When you do decide to post arguments, they don't always seem to make much sense, and the rest of the time you are just calling people names. You haven't posted anything that seems to show any sort of deep knowledge about the game.

As for (2), what the hell does that mean? If they were in fact "offended" by you knowing more, that would mean they wouldn't have missed out on your other posts, because they would have had to read them to see your "superior intelect". You seem to have no idea what you are talking about. The point is mute though, since these guys probably just disregard your posts now anyway...

And the number of posts indicates nothing about a person's knowledge about this game. Just because ILR has about 30 or so posts at his point says nothing about his knowledge compared to yours. This much is obvious when you post things like:

and
When you post crap like this, you come across as a teenager that either is a geeky nerd with an inferiority complex and has to verbally attack people on the internet to compensate or a troll. Since I don't know you, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and consider you the later.

In either case, it sure is easy to call people names when sitting safely behind your keyboard in your parents basement, isn't it?

Ask yourself: "Does this guy really give a damn about myself and the rest of the rpg dregs that post on lucasforums?"

Answer: I take 3 showers a day just to conceal the constant, embittered rain of tear drops after reading these forums.
 Spider AL
03-17-2003, 8:38 PM
Originally posted by Break_dF:

That's what you get for creating a stupid name.I wouldn't accuse other people of having stupid names if I'd picked something as tedious as "Break" as my moniker. :D

Spuder AL: Wow u r smart. DF community cash money wowow. I wish I were as gud as u. Well son, you're not. Get used to it.

No, wait.. you're a joke. Read some of my past posts then comment on how much I've innovated. While you mindless drones where screaming "FF is CHEAP," and wailing your limp sabers around, I was actually helping the community. If you play 1.04 FF and *if you're any good what-so-ever (which I highly doubt), then you can thank me for helping you w/ your *leet moves.Wow, Spider AL's really in trouble now! He's facing an opponent whose incredible IQ is only matched... by the number of teeth in his head! :rolleyes:

FYI, my little fanboy-lite, I was winning Full Force matches when you were in DF diapers. I won both JO FF sabres tournaments run by major European providers, namely Jolt and Wireplay. By august 2002 I amassed a 97% victory percentage in Full Force games both guns and sabres including those games I joined half-way through and those games I played in my first week of JO. I played over a thousand Full Force matches in the space of four months. I killed over thirty-five thousand people in public Full Force FFA alone, in the same space of time. On april 7th 2002, just over one week after I first played JO, I fought a total of forty-eight Full Force guns matches, won 48, lost none and made 960 kills in total. My personal best long-term-FFA score in public was 142 kills in 20 minutes against eight opponents, using Absorb combos, at just over seven kills a minute. Note: I pioneered all one-hit-kill moves in my circles, and even discovered a few during 1.02 that were never adopted by the rest of the gaming community. I retired in the last quarter of 2002 due to my inability to find a populated European server, only rivalled in Full Force FFA by the members of my own clan whom I trained.

In addition to my many Full-Force achievements, I was also pretty good at my least favourite style: NF sabres. I won matches against almost all the major European players, with the notable exception of 4J.Inferno, whom I lost to on a tie-breaker in the semis of the Blueyonder NF sabs tournament, he went on to win the title easily. With the exception of Inferno, whom I only ever found to fight that once, I defeated all the major players in the best Euro duelling clans, such as 4J and eF. I had a 95% win percentage in duel matches, including those I joined halfway through and those I played in my first week online.

CTF? Sure, I enjoyed success at CTF. Hard to tell how much, as I never took part in that mode competitively, but I suppose I had a certain talent at flag capping, which some players may confirm if one can persuade them. ;)

So chew on it for a while sonny boy. As noted previously, I was successful at Jedi Knight too. And Quake before it. You're nothing to me. Sorry to break it to you. Heh te-heh... :)

I make snide remarks because you're a "tool."Ohh, calling someone a "tool" isn't snide mate. It's unsubtle, crude and childish as insults go. Suits you perfectly, as you can see.

Heck, you can't even spell the names of the people you fumblingly attempt to attack. You're a pitifully malformed excuse for a humanoid, with troll written all over your forehead. Added to all this, you possess all the textual grace and intellect of a disembowelled, lobotomised duck that attempts to type a transcript of the Sudanese playboy channel's current affairs segment.

Oh, and yeah, I fence. There's a life outside of hentai and sw forums.Sure, if you call going to classes where you learn to wave and wobble an impractical stabbing weapon at people dressed as exceptionally hygienic masochist slaves "a life." Now, since you have so much of a fencing-clas... er... I mean "a life" to experience, why don't you go and experience it and decrease the collective ignorance of this board by your departure. :p

Ask yourself: "Does this guy really give a damn about myself and the rest of the rpg dregs that post on lucasforums?"If I may pre-empt Prime by responding to this particular sliver of solid stupidity, I'd say that the regular posters of Lucasforums don't care whether you care or not. You provide a certain amount of amusement for them, and yes, shock, shock that such a meritless troll could exist in an ordered universe without spontaneously combusting or mutating into a mucus-beast. Or even more of a mucus beast, I should say. But that's the limit of most people's interest in you here, I fear. ;)

Not to mention the fact that you've spent so much time dispersing your particular brand of adolescent garbage around a place full of things you "don't care about". What does that say about you? Think about it during one of your long showers, as opposed to thinking about... other things. STRANGE things.

You can toddle along now btw gummy. :cool:
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 9:04 PM
omg omg, ur neologism is teh own.

Seriously, why spend an hour of your time at dictionary.com to post random bull****? Oh yeah... b/c you're a "tool."

No, I'm not intellegent, and I don't pretend to be. I suck at life too. Sound familiar?
 DeTRiTiC-iQ
03-17-2003, 9:18 PM
yes, we see it all the time in your posts.
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 9:20 PM
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
yes, we see it all the time in your posts.

Been rejected by the tw forum posters again, Detriq? Just another day...
 Spider AL
03-17-2003, 9:29 PM
Heh-heh. Good retort Break! Nice to see you've got plenty of evidence to back up your response, and plenty of facts to contradict me with. Oh wait, it's five lines (and notably three paragraphs) of pernicious nonsense, as per-usual! My mistake!

omg omg, ur neologism is teh own.Sigh. Just a word to the wise: neologism is a word that pertains to new words or phrases.

Seriously, why spend an hour of your time at dictionary.com to post random bull****?

It took you an hour to look "neologism" up? I'm not really surprised, mind you. And yes, I don't know why you bothered, either.

:D

No, I'm not intellegent, and I don't pretend to be.

I'm aware of the former, you have PROVEN the former, and considering your self-confessed lack of "intellegence" as you might put it, any pretence to the contrary would likely be so inept as to fail even under the most cursory examination.

I suck at life too. Sound familiar?Of course it sounds familiar, the world is full of such lackwits. Sadly, I have to deal with them on a daily basis. Which means you're nothing new to me on that front either.
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 9:39 PM
You are just too cool....
 Spider AL
03-17-2003, 9:42 PM

You are just too cool....Cold as ice, baby. Cold as ice. But enough about me. Why don't you try some self-improvement courses, attitude adjustment seminars... You never know, they might help. Stranger things have happened.

On the Twilight Zone.
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 9:42 PM
Oh btw, tool, I apologize that you didn't understand the indirect "joke" surrounding "neologism." Yeah, I'm the idiot... Look up malapropism. Look at your posts. Stop posting.
 Spider AL
03-17-2003, 9:51 PM

Oh btw, tool, I apologize that you didn't understand the indirect "joke" surrounding "neologism." Yeah, I'm the idiot... Look up malapropism. Look at your posts. Stop posting.That's alright son, "malapropism" or the unintentional confusion of words, applies to your inane drivel to a tee. So thanks. Once again you fumble around and prove your own ineptitude. There's very little work for me to do. Relaxing. Misspelling "intelligent" was pretty helpful too btw. I have to thank you again for that.

And no, I don't think I will stop posting, thank you very much for the advice. I tend to avoid taking tips from mental tiddlers, ta. :rolleyes:
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 10:02 PM
*sigh*.... tool, you place random vocabulary in your posts to make yourself *look* intelllligggeewnnnt. Words must comply w/ thought.. well, that's the general opinion among most non-idiots; however, your words do not. Yes, all hail to spuderal. He is amazind...
 Spider AL
03-17-2003, 10:11 PM

*sigh*.... tool, you place random vocabulary in your posts to make yourself *look* intelllligggeewnnnt. Words must comply w/ thought.. well, that's the general opinion among most non-idiots; however, your words do not. Yes, all hail to spuderal. He is amazind...All hail indeed. I'm glad you're getting the idea.

But I "place random vocabulary" in my posts, you say? If such a thing is possible, I'm not guilty of it, your honour sir. I'm just from the old 'U' of 'K', with a dash of a basic state education, and my vocabulary online has been the same since JK1. Check out some board archives why don't-cha, young whippersnapper.

You see, YOUR posts are perfect examples of the sort of tragedy that results whenever people try to throw random and/or obscure words into the mix to make themselves look clever. Take my advice and work on it. It's good, solid advice you know. Entirely for your benefit to boot. :)
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 10:15 PM
You should've been a blow-job...
 Prime
03-17-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Break_dF
Ask yourself: "Does this guy really give a damn about myself and the rest of the rpg dregs that post on lucasforums?"
Spider Al has already replied to this and has captured my feelings quite well. The funniest part is I have been grouped as an RPG guy. Dregs, indeed.

Read some of my past posts then comment on how much I've innovated. While you mindless drones where screaming "FF is CHEAP," and wailing your limp sabers around, I was actually helping the community. Can you direct me to some of these posts that show how much you've help the community? Innovated? You sound like a failed 80's rapper. The Biz Markie is not amuzed... :cool:

If you play 1.04 FF and *if you're any good what-so-ever (which I highly doubt), then you can thank me for helping you w/ your *leet moves. What the hell does that mean? :confused:

Now go buy an idiot's guide to on-line gaming and stfu before you say something you can't back up. bbbrrrriiinnngg Hello Kettle? This is Pot. Your black.

No, I'm not intellegent, and I don't pretend to be. I suck at life too. Nah, too easy...

*sigh*.... tool, you place random vocabulary in your posts to make yourself *look* intelllligggeewnnnt. Words must comply w/ thought.. well, that's the general opinion among most non-idiots; however, your words do not. Yes, all hail to spuderal. He is amazind...
Poor troll. Your just fresh out of combacks, aren't you.
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 10:30 PM
My comebacks = your 1st-rate job history.

love.
 Spider AL
03-17-2003, 10:31 PM

You should've been a blow-job...Well, I am a source of pleasure to those who receive me at such engagements as I attend... Besides, you're hitting rock bottom now, Achey Breaky. That's even more clumsy and rude than your usual fare. Sigh, it's so difficult to find a decent discussion these days. :rolleyes:
 Prime
03-17-2003, 10:42 PM
My comebacks = your 1st-rate job history.

love.

One job history more than you have, I suspect. You 18 year olds are so cute :D

All the best.
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
Well, I am a source of pleasure to those who receive me at such engagements as I attend... Besides, you're hitting rock bottom now, Achey Breaky. That's even more clumsy and rude than your usual fare. Sigh, it's so difficult to find a decent discussion these days. :rolleyes:

especially when you're a tool
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 10:59 PM
One job history more than you have, I suspect. You 18 year olds are so cute :D

All the best.

not having a job > bukake janitor
 Spider AL
03-17-2003, 11:00 PM

especially when you're a toolYes, well, you'd know.

Come on now, I'm parrying with one finger here. Can't you throw anything tougher at me? Come on, make a darned effort kiddo! :D
 Prime
03-17-2003, 11:05 PM
not having a job > bukake janitor

Probably true. But that is irrelevent since you already know I'm a software designer...
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Yes, well, you'd know.

Come on now, I'm parrying with one finger here. Can't you throw anything tougher at me? Come on, make a darned effort kiddo! :D

:rolleyes:

parrying?... ha

definitely a tool...
 Break_dF
03-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Probably true. But that is irrelevent since you already know I'm a software designer...

bukake janitor > software designer
 Spider AL
03-17-2003, 11:40 PM
parrying?... ha

definitely a tool...
And I thought you liked fencing. I think though, that you should hang your little stabbing weapon up and study the intricate innards of logic for a while. While you may enjoy whipping your flimsy foil around, your wit is most definitely not rapier-like. Once again, solid advice for you. Take it.

bukake janitor > software designerHmm, so since you say that having no job is greater than being a janitor, and being a janitor is greater than being a software designer, you're trying to say that having no job is greater than being a software designer?

Gotta tell you, this attitude could hold you back when you go into the workplace in a few years' time... :(
 Prime
03-17-2003, 11:58 PM
bukake janitor > software designer

You almost got it. Just a small typo, though. You ment to write:

bukake janitor < software designer

There you go.
 Solo4114
03-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Once upon a time, this thread had a point... I wonder if there are any moderators on this board anymore...
 Spider AL
03-18-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Solo4114:

Once upon a time, this thread had a point... Umm... no it didn't.
 Break_dF
03-18-2003, 9:19 AM
Yeah...

:rolleyes:

It's funny; I'm actually embarrassed for you when I read your posts, Spider... How do you take yourself seriously? Read some more Cyrano, realize how much of an idiot you are and wake up in the 21st century, please.
 Prime
03-18-2003, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by Solo4114
Once upon a time, this thread had a point... I wonder if there are any moderators on this board anymore...

I expected this thread to be locked down long before now. The whole thing is getting pretty silly.
 Tosh_UK
03-18-2003, 10:36 AM
as it seems to be a Break_df flaming post now

silly < Break_df

BTW Break yes you do know more about this game than myself, but you need to be more constructive on your replies.

not saying not to be rude i.e calling people a Tool, but it might be better if you give a better account to why and reasoning behind it... plus some facts go down a treat to :)

at the moment Spider AL get my respect as he is being constructive and not posting angry posts.

Spider AL I think your Great :) hehehe

btw Break I have read a few of your posts where they was constructive so I know its in you :) and no I am not your father, and I don't want you to join me also :p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok i think the subject was: Why did the game die/is the game dying?
I will try to get back on subject

No i dont think the game is dying, for my main reason i play on servers with to many newbs for there not to be new blood comming in to the game. plus there are plenty of servers still up.

got to say do any of you play catch the yasmari (sp?)... ummm i think that counts as off topic... duh
 Tosh_UK
03-18-2003, 11:39 AM
 Prime
03-18-2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Tosh_UK
Sad (http://clan-shockwave.fragwhore.com/gl-bin/forum/viewtopic.php?p=844#844)

Just a troll, which we already new. Hope he had as much fun as I did...
 Spider AL
03-18-2003, 2:21 PM
500 posts eh, that's interesting. :deathii:

It's funny; I'm actually embarrassed for you when I read your posts, Spider... Coming from you, the undisputed master of the language, that IS funny. :p Heh-heh-heh.

Originally posted by Tosh_UK:

Spider AL I think your Great :) heheheHey Tosh, you've got taste! :lol: Good job posting that link btw, that puts the icing on the systematic dismantling of his pathetic trolling quite well.

It's a shame, I've counter-flamed some really creative trolls in my time, and I was looking forward to a much more challenging experience. Even his rapid-fire flames of last night were slow though.

Now, as to your on-topic points: hopefully, though I won't be playing it myself, the game will survive long enough for all the fanboys to trickle away, until all that's left will be dedicated players who love the game for what it is. Hopefully it will then stay that way until a sequel comes out.

There's no reason why it shouldn't, JK did.

But I fear the competitive aspect of the game is no more. That's not necessarily such a bad thing, players like myself will simply find another, more successful game to compete at. One always has the haunting question in the back of one's mind however: "what might have been?"

sniff.

:cry8:
 Sith Maximus
03-18-2003, 5:08 PM
To me the resons for the games demise are simple.

1) Reduced saber damage.

This is a problem with the 1.04 patch but could have been fixed by admins who understood how to change the cvar's to make the sabers more deadly. I changed mine and it resulted in a crowd that played from the week after the 1.04 patch until just a few months ago when I closed my nightly JK2 games. This is partly due to Raven and uneducated admins.

2) Bugs and kick damage

This game is full of quirks and this has resulted in a style of gameplay that has evolved away from the core of the game and to who has the most knowledge of bugs and the best kick script. Turn off kick damage and see how fast the server clears.

3) Mods (Adminmod below)

Mods are not the bain of JK2 but the lifeblood of it. The problem was that too many bad mods (jediplus!!!!!!) were released untested to the public. This along with the fact that, once again, admins were not able to make them run right and in the manner as which they were intended.

4) Adminmod (or abusemod)

Adminmod was adopted in the original sense to make rude players adopt a more civil disposition or leave. It has turned into the clan abuse mod. Now when you enter a clan server you can bet your last dollar some admin will be running around empowered being a general idiot.

5) Clan Abuse

My dad can beat up your dad..............

Clans in JK2 are for the most part childish and selfish. I know you will spam me for that but I do not care for this is my last post to this forum. They are made up of glory based people whos only wish was to "be the best", by laming their way through their servers, if they even had one, and complaining that someone was a noob or a whore if they got beat.

6) The noob, lamer, whore....etc

This game takes the cake for immature players who cannot handle loss or the fact that someone may be better than they are. Admins who get beat kick the players who beat them, ditto for clans. If your good, your a scripter or a cheat. And God knows that any new player with half a brain would be out the door and to Spearhead before the first map change. JK2 people, for the most part, are unhelpfull and selfish. God forbide the new guy learns the lunge, he might beat you.

In closing, this game has failed due to a community of whiners and sore losers. And I leave it to you. Now go rub dirt on each others faces in the playground or growup and learn to play as an adult where it is not if you win or lose, but how you play the game. Oh ya...its a game your NOT a jedi people, and if you were 90% of the community would make Vader look like a Sunday school teacher!

I am out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
 Spider AL
03-18-2003, 5:50 PM
In closing, this game has failed due to a community of whiners and sore losers.Bravo! I agree wholeheartedly. Smite the fanboys!
 Break_dF
03-18-2003, 6:17 PM
Get back in the shed, spider.
 Break_dF
03-18-2003, 6:18 PM
Originally posted by Tosh_UK
Sad (http://clan-shockwave.fragwhore.com/gl-bin/forum/viewtopic.php?p=844#844)

Good job...

dumbass.
 Spider AL
03-18-2003, 6:48 PM

Get back in the shed, spider.Yawn, etcetera. You're not even trying now, are you.

You are, by your own admission, a troll. A troll, I think everyone who posts on forums or usenet would agree, is the lowest form of online life. Not even star-trek-furry smutty fanfic writers are lower than trolls. Not even Half-Life ragers are lower than trolls. Not even fanboys are lower than trolls, because all these things have a reason to exist. They have a purpose. Trolls on the other hand, do not. Trolls are simply tedious, sad individuals with nothing better to do than provide a sort of slapstick humour to those people who populate the forums they grace, through their inept fumblings. Trolls are scum.

;)
 Break_dF
03-18-2003, 6:51 PM
Who's more pathetic: the person that starts the "flame" or the person that constantly replies with rambling, ego-boosting paragraphs?...
 Spider AL
03-18-2003, 6:53 PM
Who's more pathetic: the person that starts the "flame" or the person that constantly replies with rambling, ego-boosting paragraphs?...Whichever one you are, of course. :) Besides, accusing others of "rambling" when there isn't a shred of meaning in any of your childlike single-line trollings, is rich.
 Break_dF
03-18-2003, 7:11 PM
You should've used dictionary.com to look up rambling...
 Spider AL
03-18-2003, 7:17 PM

You should've used dictionary.com to look up rambling...

Should I? Rambling is a word that describes aimless wandering. That's what YOU'RE guilty of in your meaningless posts, hence your accusations that others are rambling textually are rich. QED, I hope that was simple enough for you. ;)

I doubt it was, though... Too many lines...
 razorace
03-18-2003, 7:32 PM
I put up more demos of the ghoul2 blade collision in the MotF forum and the Showcase forums.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94993)
 Break_dF
03-18-2003, 8:02 PM
*yawn*

Go back to playing sims, please.
 Spider AL
03-18-2003, 8:06 PM

Go back to playing sims, please.The originality is becoming overwhelming. :rolleyes:

Do they do courses in trolling? If so, you need to take one. You're the most tedious troll I've ever seen. Ever. And I've posted on some boards full of trolls, I can tell you.
 Go-TiME
03-18-2003, 8:23 PM
Ohh is that right son? Well good for you! If the community has a player who's won more major tournaments than I have, played more games than I have, made more kills than I have, set more records than I have, discovered more techniques than I have, beaten more notable opponents in more game modes than I have...

someone who played Dark Forces 2 and MotS for years, winning money in prize tournaments, someone who was closely involved in the editing community of those games, producing maps, skins and entries for the Massassi level competitions, writing reviews for other fan-made levels for that site...

Someone who's dilligently researched the limits of the capabilities of the engines of all the Dark Forces series since his entry into that community, someone who trained for up to ten hours daily, unceasingly and relentlessly to become as good as he possibly could at both games, amassing a formidable record of results in the process...

Well, if the community has another player who's done all that and more, it's a really really good thing for the community, and I am thankful for it! If that player is you though, it's a shame that he's so arrogant, insulting and feeble-minded on the side.

Besides, the only great knowledge you've demonstrated here is your great knowledge of how to sling sad and petty little monosyllabic insults around, insults worthy of a true fanboy. :rolleyes: Oh, I forgot, you fence too. Good for you, stabb0r! Because fencing is a truly well-rounded fighting art, with many modern applications, and close relations to lightsabre fighting styles as depicted in the canon, as we all know. :p

Now that we've gotten all that out of the way, Breaky, you listen real close: Your logical arguments are non-existent, you fail to back up any of your wild slurs with fact, and even when you're contradicting people like ILR, people that I disagree with strongly, you do it in such a childish and insulting manner that you sicken even me, I who have been famous in the DF community since 1998 for my uncompromising debating style. Now my advice to you is to grow up forthwith. It's good advice. An intelligent person would take it. :D
Thats nothing to be proud of you ****ing queer :biggs: :deathstar :deathii: :bdroid1: :band: :atat: :amidala: get a life
 razorace
03-18-2003, 8:25 PM
*yawn*

Go back to playing sims, please.

Uhh..improved blade collision benefits every type of player. To say otherwise is like beleiving that Iraq don't have WOMDs.
 Go-TiME
03-18-2003, 8:30 PM
Originally posted by razorace
Uhh..improved blade collision benefits every type of player. To say otherwise is like beleiving that Iraq don't have WOMDs.
ummm stfu?

yes. gtfo
 Break_dF
03-18-2003, 8:30 PM
The originality is becoming overwhelming. :rolleyes:

Do they do courses in trolling? If so, you need to take one. You're the most tedious troll I've ever seen. Ever. And I've posted on some boards full of trolls, I can tell you.

Then stop replying, tool.
 Prime
03-18-2003, 8:57 PM
Originally posted by razorace
Uhh..improved blade collision benefits every type of player.

I had a look at your demos, Razorace. Looks pretty cool. I have a few questions though. First, are you guys set to walk by default? The whole fight you are just walking around. Is that just to make it easier to follow? Secondly, it seemed to me that there were several times when the saber seemed to go right through the other player without there being any damage. Am I missing something there? Maybe I'm just used to seeing crummy collision detection. I love the fact that the saber damage was higher, and after a few hits, the other player was dead.

Can you explain a little more what you are changing?

Hey look! More trolls in here! :D
Page: 4 of 6